Forums
There is currently 1 person viewing this thread.
These 69 comments are related to the topic:
((( WEB.com TOUR ))) Rankings

Post your reply

Text Format: Table: Smilies:
Forum does not support HTML
Insert Photo
Cancel
Page 2 of 2  •  Previous | 1 | 2 | Next
sort by:
Show
per page
Replies: 69
By:
Catch Me ifyoucan
When: 03 Sep 19 00:10
50th place earnings on the 2019 PGA Tour money list: $2,147,065
50th place earnings on the 2019 Korn Ferry Tour money list: $105,115
By:
Catch Me ifyoucan
When: 04 Sep 19 22:43
https://www.golfchannel.com/news/harding-misses-out-pga-tour-card-slimmest-margins?utm-tags=golf1308000 Devil
By:
Catch Me ifyoucan
When: 04 Sep 19 22:45
The Presidents Cup hopeful, who has won five times worldwide in the past two years, still has his European Tour card (he is 14th in the current Race to Dubai standings) and will now have playing opportunities on the Korn Ferry Tour next season, as well. Oh, and at No. 52 in the world rankings, Harding is closing in on a Masters berth.
But his PGA Tour card will have to wait.
By:
Catch Me ifyoucan
When: 11 Sep 19 18:01
Congratulations to SUNJAE IM on being voted 2019 PGA TOUR Rookie of the Year.

Like so many Korn Ferry Tour graduates, he arrived on the PGA TOUR prepared to compete with the world’s best, and his season was a reflection of a maturity beyond his 21 years.”
IM was selected for the honor over (alphabetically) Cameron Champ, Adam Long, Collin Morikawa and Matthew Wolff.
By:
Catch Me ifyoucan
When: 11 Sep 19 18:03
IM, a 21-year-old native of Jeju, South Korea, was the only rookie to advance to the TOUR Championship and finished the season tied for 19th in the FedEx Cup standings.
With his Rookie of the Year honours, IM joins Stewart Cink (1996-97) as the only players to be named the Korn Ferry Tour Player of the Year and PGA TOUR Rookie of the Year in consecutive seasons.
For the season, IM made 26 cuts in 35 starts, becoming the first rookie in the FedEx Cup era to play 35 or more events.
He recorded seven top-10s, highlighted by three top-fives, with his best finish of the season coming at the Arnold Palmer Invitational, where he tied for third.
By:
Catch Me ifyoucan
When: 11 Sep 19 21:25
2019 / 2020 by JOSH CULP….

Last week I gave a look at the regular season top 25 from the Korn Ferry Tour. They all earned a PGA TOUR card for the upcoming 2019-20 season which kicks off next week in West Virginia.
Now, the Korn Ferry Tour Finals have concluded and there is another batch of 25 golfers who punched their ticket to the big stage. Let's dive into the numbers to see which golfers should be on your fantasy radar this fall. In the list below, I've ranked them based on expected fantasy output this season. The 2019 Strokes Gained Rank refers to the total number of strokes gained across the PGA TOUR, Korn Ferry Tour, and European Tour, over the course of 2019.
Here they are:

#1 Viktor Hovland 2019 Strokes Gained Rank: 1 Age:21
You might bucket him into the "generational star" category and he hasn't even played a full season as a pro yet. He brings that kind of upside on the course in addition to being incredibly marketable off-the-course. Hovland ranks first of everyone on this Finals 25 list in terms of total (adjusted) strokes gained in 2019. He did that all in less than 50 rounds while much of this list sits above 70 rounds for their sample. How does Hovland get the job done? Through elite ball striking. He gained at least 1.6 strokes off-the-tee each of his last seven measured starts and gained at least 1 stroke approaching-the-green in all seven of those events. Remember last year when Niemann looked like a can't-miss superstar? Hovland has basically 1.5x'd Niemann's output over the first 10 events on the PGA TOUR. We should see plenty of Hovland near the top of the leaderboard this season.

#2 Doug Ghim 2019 Strokes Gained Rank: 4Age:23
Brings elite amateur pedigree but he lost strokes to the field in six of his first seven starts on the PGA TOUR. That made it tough to earn his TOUR card in 2018 but he went down to the Korn Ferry Tour to hone his craft. All that hard work paid off as he went 9-for-17 during the regular season with three top 10s and then added a pair of top 25s during the KFT Finals to secure his spot on the big stage. Only three other golfers on this list gained more strokes over the field during 2019 worldwide appearances. Ghim has Midwestern roots, went to school in Texas, and now calls Vegas home. I think that variety of climate experience should help him adapt quickly to all the new courses he'll see in 2020.

#3 Tom Lewis 2019 Strokes Gained Rank: 7 Age:28
The Englishman snuck into the Korn Ferry Tour Finals via his T11 at The Open Championship and he paid off that opportunity in a big way by winning the Korn Ferry Tour Championship after skipping the first two legs. Lewis was highly regarded after his amateur career then won early on at the 2011 Portugal Masters. He then went on to miss 29 of his next 50 cuts and hovered outside the top 300 in the OWGR until he found something in 2018. Lewis won on the Challenge Tour and Euro Tour in a matter of three weeks and his game has been relatively consistent since then. Still in his late 20s, he brings 4 worldwide wins to the table, which is more than most, if not all, can say from this list of graduates.

#4 Beau Hossler 2019 Strokes Gained Rank: 9 Age:24
The young Cali native might be the best putter on TOUR, or maybe on the planet. Okay, maybe a slight exaggeration but he already has 11 career starts where he gained at least 5 strokes putting for the week. The problem during his sophomore campaign was a dip in his iron play. Hossler ranked 179th in SG Approach in 2018 but manged to drop to 184th last season. Just a guess but this could be a case of trying to make swing changes where things get worse before something finally clicks. He's never gained more than 3.8 strokes on approach in a single week and until that changes, it will be hard to rely on him as a consistent option. He's been T3 or better thru 54 holes on three occasions (2017 Sanderson, 2017 Shriners, 2018 Houston). All three of those events are part of the fall swing this year so we may see an early spark from the Texas Longhorn.

#5 Hank Lebioda 2019 Strokes Gained Rank: 6 Age:25
Hammerin' Hank finished above TOUR average in Strokes Gained Off-the-Tee, Strokes Gained Approach, and Strokes Gained Around-the-Green, during his rookie campaign on the big stage last season. That was good for 58th in SG Tee-to-Green at season's end. Not too shabby for the lefty from Florida State. The ball-striking stats are nice, but we'd also like to see that extra gear which is missing so far. He managed just two top 25s in individual events on the PGA TOUR last season.

#6 Cameron Davis 2019 Strokes Gained Rank: 12 Age:24
The young Aussie has a world of talent, but we are still waiting for that big breakthrough on the big stage. He's a big hitter but hit fewer fairways than the field in 14 of his last 17 starts, just to paint a little picture of his play style. I think the best is yet to come still for young Davis. He's never been better than T10 after any round on the PGA TOUR (T10 after R1 of 2019 John Deere). He was getting his first look at most of the courses last year so maybe that little extra experience will help him get in his comfort zone and post some more low rounds. I'm not eager to invest right out of the gate but if he heats up then I think the sky is the limit and I'll quickly jump on board.

#7 Matthew Nesmith 2019 Strokes Gained Rank: 10 Age:25
The South Carolina native has sprinkled five career starts on the PGA TOUR and missed the cut in all of them. His results on the Korn Ferry Tour were much better than that in 2019. He went 15-for-25 including a win during the KFT Finals. He ranked 20th in driving accuracy this season and 1st in GIR percentage (125th in putting average, yikes). That steady ball-striking is a good sign for his prospects on shorter layouts he'll face this season. Adding an interesting note, he also proposed to his wife at Harbour Town so maybe the RBC Heritage is an event to circle for him.

#8 Joseph Bramlett 2019 Strokes Gained Rank: 2 Age:31
The Stanford product dealt with back issues in 2014 and 2015 that nearly ended his playing career. He found his stride again in 2018 but narrowly missed out on a PGA TOUR card. It looked like another heartbreak might be in the works when he ended 32nd on the regular season points list in 2019. He stayed calm and rattled off three straight finishes in the T23 to T26 range to secure his card. Bramlett ended the season ranked 30th in driving distance, 6th in GIR percentage, and 14th in eagle rate. He could make a big splash if his back holds up which there is no indication that it will be a major problem again. Just something you have to consider when investing in season-long leagues because back injuries rarely just go away for good.

#9 Kramer Hickok 2019 Strokes Gained Rank: 11 Age:27
The Texas native went 13-for-26 on the PGA TOUR this season and showed some flashes of upside along the way. That includes the Mayakoba Golf Classic where he co-led after day one, the Genesis Open where he was T3 after day one, and the Barbasol where he was T3 thru 36 holes. He has been a bit more consistent on easier courses with bermudagrass greens so that's something to consider when looking for spots to invest.

#10 Grayson Murray 2019 Strokes Gained Rank: 20 Age:25
Struggled with injuries in 2018 but his comeback tour picked up a bit of steam this summer. He ended the KFT regular season with a T29 before posting finishes of T23, T11, and T7 during the Finals. The 25-year-old won the 2016 Nationwide Children's Hospital Championship and then again, the following year with a victory at the Barbasol Championship. The big hitter brings winning pedigree to the table and he's still young. Let's just hope that he's matured a bit while he was recovering from injury because he was in the spotlight for the wrong reasons before, but his golf game might be the star of the show in 2020. Silverado Resort or GC of Houston might be decent spots to target him during the fall. Overall, we want to invest during weeks where the course doesn't put a big penalty on missed fairways.

#11 D.J. Trahan 2019 Strokes Gained Rank: 17 Age:38
Snagged a top 10 at the Korn Ferry Tour Championship to play his way back onto the PGA TOUR. Trahan went 8-for-14 last season on the big stage with a trio of top 10s to his credit. The problem was that all three of them came in alternate-field events. His Shot Link stats were off the charts last season but most of that was accomplished against weaker fields. It will be interesting to see if he can pick up some momentum this fall, now that he's finally playing with some real status. The two-time TOUR winner hasn't cracked more than 16 starts since 2012 but that will surely change this season.
#12 Brendon Todd 2019 Strokes Gained Rank: 21 Age:34
Todd has talked about dealing with ball-striking yips, as he likes to call it. Those yips yielded quite the lengthy slump which saw him miss 39 cuts out of 44 tries from the 2015-16 season thru the 2017-18 PGA TOUR season. He fought his way back and managed four top 25s in 11 starts this season. Then he went down to the KFT Finals and posted a runner-up finish in the first leg of the KFT Finals to punch his ticket back to the PGA TOUR. He's still in the bottom half of these graduates if we look at total strokes gained in 2019 but if we look at a Per Round level then he's 8th on the list. The Georgia Bulldog rattled off 11 top 10s over a two-season stretch in 2014 and 2015, so we know the upside is there. It will be very interesting to see which Todd we see in 2020. There are reasons to be optimistic but also plenty of reasons to be bearish. I'm someone in the middle, waiting to see a string of steady form before getting too excited.
#13 Richy Werenski 2019 Strokes Gained Rank: 18 Age:27
Snuck through with the last spot of the Finals 25 standings. That was after finishing 126th in the FedEx Cup standings. That could have been a brutal blow if he missed out on both bubbles by one spot. Werenski went 17-for-27 last season on the PGA TOUR but landed just four top 25s with three of them coming during the fall portion of the schedule. On top of that, he also finished with five straight cuts made before going T37-MC-T7 in the KFT Finals. Combine that summer form with last year's fall performance and Werenski might be one to target in DFS early in the season.
#14 Chris Baker 2019 Strokes Gained Rank: 3 Age:33
Baker graduated a year before I did at Iowa State, so he instantly gets a bump up my personal fandom board. The Cyclone product went 18-for-25 this season with a whopping seven top 10s. That included a closing T4 at the Korn Ferry Tour Finals to seal his fate. Baker was exactly tour average in driving distance (302.8 yards) but 2nd in driving accuracy and 15th in GIR percentage. Accuracy over power is not the ideal mould when making the leap to the PGA TOUR but there will be some venues that fit his game during the fall schedule. Could come out firing and if he does you might want to jump along for the ride. He went T7-T7 early this season and then went T4-T6-T10 to kick off June. He can ride the hot hand when he gets locked in.
#15 Tom Hoge 2019 Strokes Gained Rank: 15 Age:30
The Fargo man will always have a soft spot in my heart since I lived in North Dakota for three years after college. The stat sheet is less friendly, though, and it starts with his short-game struggles. Hoge averaged 0.163 strokes lost around-the-green and 0.284 strokes lost putting, per round. That is nearly two shots he needs to make up over the course of four days, if he plays to his averages. It helps that he finished top 40 in SG Approach last season but even the best iron player would have troubles climbing out of that hole he puts himself in with the short-game woes. Hoge has six career rounds of 64 or better on the PGA TOUR and five of them have come on bermudagrass greens with most of them leaning toward less-than-driver in nature in terms of off-the-tee strategy. Keep that in mind when looking for spots to invest in weekly leagues.
#16 Cameron Percy 2019 Strokes Gained Rank: 8 Age:45
Had this to say after securing his TOUR card, "In April this year l fell over and fractured my wrist. I thought my life as a golfer were over. Today l played my way back onto the PGA tour which is an absolute privilege. Pretty happy right now!!" The 45-year-old Aussie went 11-for-13 this season on the Korn Ferry Tour, despite missing two months with that wrist injury. His consistency was hard to match as he finished T17 or better in 7-of-13 starts. The problem? Percy has never played his way into the FedEx Cup Playoffs, in seven tries. His best attempt saw him finish 144th in the FEC standings, back in 2017. Could this be a case of finding the right state of mind, late in his career? Or was is just an outlier in terms run of form? Hard to say but I'm not getting my hopes up. If you want to blindly follow the stats, then he ranks 8th from this list in terms of total worldwide strokes gained in 2019.
#17 Tyler Duncan 2019 Strokes Gained Rank: 16 Age:30
Finished 168th in the FedEx Cup standings last season after landing inside the top 110 during his rookie campaign. Regained his card with a T4 finish at the Korn Ferry Tour Championship. Where did it go wrong? The first sign of decline jumps off the page in the SG Approach department. Duncan ranked 25th in SG Approach during the 2017-18 PGA TOUR season but just 139th this year. The 30-year-old was outside of the top 35 after 25 of his last 27 rounds played this season so he wasn't particularly close to finding form over the summer. The Purdue product is still relatively young and flashed ball-striking talent just two years ago. Let's not give up hope yet but we'd love to see some steady ball-striking stats return before getting too optimistic.
#18 Bronson Burgoon 2019 Strokes Gained Rank: 19 Age:32
A wild season for Burgoon who posted a runner-up finish in his second start of the season last year (CIMB Classic). That was good for 208 FedEx Cup Points, but he would add just 14 FEC Points over his next 12 starts. Found his game again late in the season and went down to the KFT Finals to post a T19 and T5 to allow him to skip the final leg. Burgoon has a go-low button that many mid-tier players are lacking. Burgoon has eight career TOUR rounds of 65 or better including a R3 65 at the 2018 Greenbrier. That will be the first event of the upcoming season so that's something to consider next week. Most of his best finishes on TOUR have come on courses that put a premium on driving the ball. During the fall that means we should look to target him at the Greenbrier, RSM Classic, and Mayakoba.
#19 Rob Oppenheim 2019 Strokes Gained Rank: 5 Age:39
We know what Oppenheim is at this point in his career. He has just three podium finishes in 199 career starts on the Korn Ferry Tour. He has just two top 10s in 56 starts on the PGA TOUR. He's not getting any younger, but he can light up the course with his short irons when he gets dialled in. Gamers should look for ways to invest in round-by-round formats rather than locking him into weekly line ups. Ryan Armour's late breakout is all I can think about when guys like Oppenheim play their way back onto the big stage, but we shouldn't expect to see those surges every year. I would expect to see Oppenheim flirting with the Top 150 bubble by season's end, if I had to guess.
#20 Anirban Lahiri 2019 Strokes Gained Rank: 22 Age:32
The Indian star cracked the FedEx Cup Playoffs for three straight seasons before landing at 178th last season. More than 50 spots short of keeping his full status. However, he was talking a big game as the season was winding down in terms of finding his game again and that came to fruition during the Korn Ferry Tour Finals. He posted a T7 in Ohio and then a T5 in Idaho, allowing him to skip the last event. Lahiri has 18 international wins in Asia but is still searching for his first win on the PGA TOUR. They also took away the CIMB Classic which was the site of a T10 and T3 for him on the PGA TOUR to go along with plenty of other good finishes at the course when it hosted Euro Tour events. Lahiri posted a career-low 61 during the 2018 Greenbrier so he might be one to give a second look at next week at the season's lid-lifter.

#21 David Hearn 2019 Strokes Gained Rank: 23 Age:40
The Canadian was on that short list of golfers that were oh-so-close to winning on the PGA TOUR but here we are at the age of 40 and he's still searching. Hearn went 9-for-18 on the PGA TOUR last season while playing on conditional status but finished 174th in the FedEx Cup race. A T4 at the KFT Championship earned his card back and I don't think Hearn will want to give it back. The problem? He's lost strokes off-the-tee in 15 of his last 22 starts which makes things difficult.
#22 Ben Taylor 2019 Strokes Gained Rank: 13 Age:27
The London native attended LSU and now calls Florida home. He was a member of the LSU team that won the 2015 NCAA Championships. Taylor roared out of the gate this season with top 25s in five of his first six starts to find himself 15th in the points race. Taylor slowed his pace from there but locked up his card with a runner-up finish at the Scarlet Course for the Nationwide Children's Hospital Championship. You would never expect to find him on the graduates list if you just looked at his stat profile this season. Taylor ranked 93rd in driving distance, 100th in accuracy, 80th in GIR percentage, and 50th in birdies per round. For whatever reason, I'm instantly drawn to making a Kelly Kraft comp because neither golfer "wows you" with stats but they find a way to get the job done a few times each season. Might have some strong finishes in his tank this season but I'm expecting them to be hard to peg. Hearn has three careers top 15s at the Greenbrier so he might be one to jump out to a quick start but overall, I see him flirting with a 50% cuts-made ratio similar to last season. His fairway-to-pin game is perfectly suited for top-heavy finishes though, since he can strike on any given week when he's finding fairways. A volatile season-long option with high-end week-to-week upside.
#23 Robert Streb 2019 Strokes Gained Rank: 24 Age:32
The Kansas State product missed more cuts (16) than he made (12) last season on the PGA TOUR but still managed to nearly crack the Playoffs (128th in the FedEx Cup race). He accomplished that with a T4 at the Shiners and T3 at the Barracuda. He secured his job, though, during the Korn Ferry Tour Finals with a T5 and T30 in Ohio and Idaho. Golf is a crazy game and Streb's career showcases that well. He went 17-for-21 then 25-for-30 then 17-for-27 then 20-for-30 over a four-year stretch on the PGA TOUR. That is consistency. But since then he missed 19 (of 29) cuts and 16 (of 28) cuts over the last two seasons. Where has his game dipped? If we compare his more recent stats to his long-term baseline, then it's his SG Off-the-Tee and SG Putting that is holding him back lately. He's gone from being longer than TOUR average in most of his starts to the opposite now. His driving distance was less than the field average in each of his last 13 starts. On the data alone it almost looks like he's played through injury but hasn't withdrawn in the middle of any events over the course of his career. Something is fishy here and I wouldn't fully endorse him as a steady fantasy option until that driving distance returns to his previous baseline range.
#24 Brandon Hagy 2019 Strokes Gained Rank: 25 Age:28
It was a slow and painful return for Hagy who missed cuts in 14-of-15 starts from late 2018 to mid-2019. Then he caught fire in the Korn Ferry Tour Finals with finishes of T5 and T2 to start things off and allow him to rest during the KFT Championship. One of the longest hitters on TOUR, Hagy still has just one top 10 in 52 career PGA TOUR starts. Despite all his firepower, he has just one career round of 64 or better and two rounds of 65. The 28-year-old still has room to grow and play his way back into some more consistent form, but I will take the wait-and-see approach before investing in weekly fantasy formats.
#25 Fabian Gomez 2019 Strokes Gained Rank: 14 Age:40
The 40-year-old Argentine went 11-for-20 last year on the PGA TOUR with four top 25s. That was good for just 169th in the FedEx Cup standings but he played his way back with a runner-up finish at the Korn Ferry Tour Championship. Gomez is a two-time PGA TOUR winner and has a pair of top 10s at the Puerto Rico Open. However, he was inside the top 10 after just two (of 62) rounds played on the big stage last year. The Puerto Rico Open might be the only spot I'll consider him in any format this season.
By:
Catch Me ifyoucan
When: 11 Sep 19 21:29
Next, we'll look at the worldwide performance of each golfer during the 2019 calendar year.

The 2019 Strokes Gained rankings for all 50 of the golfers that played their way into PGA TOUR status via the Korn Ferry Tour. That list is generally a pretty strong predictor of which golfers will make a splash and play their way into the FedEx Cup Playoffs by year's end. You need to account for the entire package before making the final call, though.

This data includes PGA TOUR, Korn Ferry Tour, and European Tour results. It's been adjusted to reflect the strength of field each golfer has faced.

Scottie Scheffler: 112 total strokes gained (1.37 SG Total per round)
Xinjun Zhang: 90 total strokes gained (1.13 SG Total per round)
Viktor Hovland: 80 total strokes gained (1.9 SG Total per round)

Bo Hoag: 67 total strokes gained (0.75 SG Total per round)
Harry Higgs: 66 total strokes gained (0.83 SG Total per round)
Mark Hubbard: 59 total strokes gained (0.77 SG Total per round)
Joseph Bramlett: 55 total strokes gained (0.71 SG Total per round)
Lanto Griffin: 53 total strokes gained (0.72 SG Total per round)
Zac Blair: 50 total strokes gained (0.57 SG Total per round)

Doug Ghim: 48 total strokes gained (0.59 SG Total per round)
Robby Shelton: 47 total strokes gained (0.67 SG Total per round)
Ryan Brehm: 46 total strokes gained (0.64 SG Total per round)
Chris Baker: 46 total strokes gained (0.54 SG Total per round)
Tom Lewis: 46 total strokes gained (0.89 SG Total per round)
Cameron Percy: 45 total strokes gained (0.97 SG Total per round)
Rhein Gibson: 44 total strokes gained (0.56 SG Total per round)
Henrik Norlander: 43 total strokes gained (0.6 SG Total per round)
Tyler McCumber: 40 total strokes gained (0.59 SG Total per round)

Chase Seiffert: 39 total strokes gained (0.54 SG Total per round)
Rob Oppenheim: 37 total strokes gained (0.45 SG Total per round)
Vincent Whaley: 35 total strokes gained (0.44 SG Total per round)
Scott Harrington: 35 total strokes gained (0.47 SG Total per round)
Hank Lebioda: 33 total strokes gained (0.46 SG Total per round)
D.J. Trahan: 30 total strokes gained (0.78 SG Total per round)

Kristoffer Ventura: 28 total strokes gained (0.67 SG Total per round)
Beau Hossler: 27 total strokes gained (0.35 SG Total per round)
Kramer Hickok: 25 total strokes gained (0.34 SG Total per round)
Cameron Davis: 25 total strokes gained (0.36 SG Total per round)
Matthew NeSmith: 23 total strokes gained (0.3 SG Total per round)
Ben Taylor: 23 total strokes gained (0.33 SG Total per round)
Brendon Todd: 21 total strokes gained (0.5 SG Total per round)

Fabian Gomez: 19 total strokes gained (0.25 SG Total per round)
Bronson Burgoon: 18 total strokes gained (0.36 SG Total per round)
Grayson Murray: 17 total strokes gained (0.35 SG Total per round)
Michael Gligic: 14 total strokes gained (0.19 SG Total per round)
Mark Anderson: 14 total strokes gained (0.26 SG Total per round)
Tim Wilkinson: 13 total strokes gained (0.18 SG Total per round)
Maverick McNealy: 11 total strokes gained (0.14 SG Total per round)
Richy Werenski: 10 total strokes gained (0.13 SG Total per round)
Sebastian Cappelen: 7 total strokes gained (0.12 SG Total per round)
Tyler Duncan: 6 total strokes gained (0.08 SG Total per round)
Nelson Ledesma: 6 total strokes gained (0.09 SG Total per round)
Tom Hoge: 6 total strokes gained (0.08 SG Total per round)
David Hearn: 3 total strokes gained (0.05 SG Total per round)

Anirban Lahiri: -3 total strokes gained (-0.05 SG Total per round)
Rafael Campos: -6 total strokes gained (-0.08 SG Total per round)
Michael Gellerman: -6 total strokes gained (-0.09 SG Total per round)
Brandon Hagy: -9 total strokes gained (-0.27 SG Total per round)
Vince Covello: -10 total strokes gained (-0.18 SG Total per round)
Robert Streb: -11 total strokes gained (-0.17 SG Total per round)
CM iyc Devil
By:
Catch Me ifyoucan
When: 08 Oct 19 21:31
"His 2019 Korn Ferry Tour season was among the best in tour history.".....after a season that included two wins and earned him fully exempt status on the PGA Tour, Scottie Scheffler was named 2019 Korn Ferry Tour Player of the Year on Tuesday.

watchgolf.ch/r55mx2
By:
Catch Me ifyoucan
When: 13 Oct 19 20:51
#12 Mark Hubbard 2019 Strokes Gained Rank: 5 Age:30
The 30-year-old leans on precision over power and that recipe worked out well for him in 2019. Hubbard went 14-for-21 during the regular season to finish 14th on the Points list. The Denver native has played three seasons on the PGA TOUR and his best showing was the 2015-16 season where he made a FedEx Cup Playoffs appearance after finishing 115th in the FEC standings. The only problem is that his upside is somewhat limited most weeks on the PGA TOUR since his lack of distance puts him at a big disadvantage. He's held the lead/co-lead twice on the PGA TOUR (2015 Puerto Rico, 2015 Shriners). He has 84 TOUR starts under his belt and is still searching for his first top 10. Certainly viable as a DFS value target but it's hard to get too excited after looking at his look of top-heavy finishes in the past.
By:
Catch Me ifyoucan
When: 13 Oct 19 21:07
#11 Lanto Griffin 2019 Strokes Gained Rank: 10 Age:31
The VCU product flashed some game during his 2018 PGA TOUR rookie campaign but couldn't put all the pieces together. The flashes were him gaining strokes on approach in 9 of his last 12 starts that season. Still, he settled for 171st in the FedEx Cup standings with a 13-for-26 record and just one top 25. He took what he learned and tore through the Korn Ferry Tour in 2019 with a 14-for-19 record that saw him post top 25s in 10 of those appearances. That included a win at the RTJ Golf Trail Championship and a runner-up finish at the Dormie Network Classic. Griffin landed 295 birdies and 12 eagles which both rank top 15 on the KFT circuit. Gamers should consider him a good DFS Showdown option until he showcases the ability to piece together four good rounds on the PGA TOUR. Perhaps he's ready to make an Ancer-like leap in 2019 so watch closely and be ready to invest.
By:
Catch Me ifyoucan
When: 13 Oct 19 22:34
#17 Scott Harrington 2019 Strokes Gained Rank: 13 Age:38
A true feel-good story as Harrington played his way into a PGA TOUR card for the first time in his career as a 38-year-old. He grew up in Portland and then sealed his TOUR card with a runner-up finish at the Portland Open. The last event of the regular season. You can't ask for anything more but there is more. Harrington thought his career might be over last year when he stepped away from the game to help support his wife, Jenn, during her battle with cancer. That cancer is now in remission. Good things come to those who wait and Harrington is living his best life right now. He has just four starts on the PGA TOUR and none since 2015. I have no idea how his game will translate but I will definitely be cheering for him in 2020.
By:
Catch Me ifyoucan
When: 14 Oct 19 13:10
THESE BOYS ARE WORTH WATCHING Wink
By:
Catch Me ifyoucan
When: 14 Oct 19 19:38
Most consecutive cuts made on the PGA TOUR:

Tommy Fleetwood, 28.
Webb Simpson, 14.
LANTO ‘Maitreya’ Griffin, 13.

Griffin has made 33 TOUR starts - missed 15 of his first 20 cuts, but he hasn’t missed one since.

His parents were “hippies" who named their son after a spiritual lord. There is ONE special person that has played a pivotal role in Lanto's life since his father passed away.
Griffin has waited a long time to repay Steve Prater, Head Pro at Blacksburg CC, VA - his long time mentor and coach.

https://www.golfchannel.com/news/lanto-griffins-long-hard-road-blacksburg-houston-ends-victory?utm-tags=golf2408000

..... will be interesting to see how he performs at AUGUSTA.
By:
Catch Me ifyoucan
When: 16 Nov 19 14:49
#10 Bo Hoag 2019 Strokes Gained Rank: 3 Age:31
He was steady all year but saved the fireworks for the final event of the regular season. His win at the Portland Open jumped him from 31st to 7th in Korn Ferry Points. The 31-year-old from Ohio has just three career starts on the PGA TOUR (all missed cuts). Hoag has finished top 50 in driving accuracy in each of the last three seasons and top 5 in GIR percentage in two of those three years. He may not have the length to keep up on the big stage but his fairways-and-greens style of play will certainly play well on the handful of PGA TOUR layouts that favour precision over power.

MEXICO might suit the lad Devil
By:
Catch Me ifyoucan
When: 24 Nov 19 21:58
Finished 168th in the FedEx Cup standings last season after landing inside the top 110 during his rookie campaign. Regained his card with a T4 finish at the Korn Ferry Tour Championship. Where did it go wrong? The first sign of decline jumps off the page in the SG Approach department. Duncan ranked 25th in SG Approach during the 2017-18 PGA TOUR season but just 139th this year. The 30-year-old was outside of the top 35 after 25 of his last 27 rounds played this season so he wasn't particularly close to finding form over the summer. The Purdue product is still relatively young and flashed ball-striking talent just two years ago. Let's not give up hope yet but we'd love to see some steady ball-striking stats return before getting too optimistic.

...[b]Tyler Duncan nails it - birdie for victory - 5-under-par-65 (4 under in back nine charge) - and his maiden tour win at the RSM Classic.[/b]
By:
Catch Me ifyoucan
When: 24 Nov 19 23:52
Reorders occur at the conclusion of these tournaments...
• The RSM Classic (Nov. 24)
• The Genesis Invitational (Feb. 16)
• Valero Texas Open (April 5)
• Rocket Mortgage Classic (May 31)
• John Deere Classic (July 12)

First reorder of Korn Ferry Tour (KFT) graduate reshuffle...

Biggest UPs
+36 Werenski
+32 Trahan
+27 Hoge
+23 S. Harrington
+23 Percy
+23 McNealy
+20 Lebioda

Biggest DOWNs
-42 Lewis
-34 Hagy (on Major Med.)
-27 Brehm
-23 Lahiri
-22 Murray (on Major Med.)
-20 Ledesma
-18 NeSmith
By:
Catch Me ifyoucan
When: 26 Nov 19 21:02
A WORD ON Sponsor's Invite coming good - WILLIAM GORDON pencilled a 4-under-par 68 during Rd3 of the Barracuda Championship - at the 54-hole mark was good a share of live clubhouse 6th place. He was putting that rare opportunity to good use with 13 birdies and 2 eagles to offset seven bogeys in his first start on his big stage debut.
WILL is on the Mackenzie Tour with two T25’s to his name. He also finished T28 in his lone Korn Ferry Tour start. He cracked the T10 in the World Amateur Golf Rankings during his time at Vanderbilt and his skills are translating well to the pro ranks.

As a Non-member GORDON made his Sanderson Farms Championship debut (again on a sponsor exemption - as World #1193) but Missed-the-Cut by 12 and finished tied-last on 9-over. It was the 23-yr-old's second career TOUR event after a T31 at last season's opposite-field Barracuda. He's made eight of nine cuts on the MacKenzie Tour last season (with two T5’s, including a T4 at the Players Cup where he fired a course-record 61 that featured eight birdies in a nine-hole stretch. The Vanderbilt alum ranks T20 in birdie average (4.44), 16th in scoring average (68.82), and sits 21st on their Order of Merit.

Making his tournament debut with yet another Sponsor's Invite WILL fired a 4-under-par 34-32=66 in the final round of The RSM Classic to wrap on 13-under 269, up 17 places to a Career-Best T10 in his 4th career TOUR event. WILL's a North Carolina native but shows his residence as Nashville.
It was his third start this season and second cash, joining a T55 at last week's Mayakoba, and the Top 10 will earn him a spot into the SONY OPEN in January. For the week, the Vandy alum posted rounds of 68-65-70-66 and totalled one eagle and 18 birdies against seven bogeys. In the finale, he hit six (of 14) fairways and 12 greens in regulation, losing 0.663 strokes around but gaining 1.319 off-the-tee and 2.601 on approach. WILL squared two bogey-5s at holes 2 and 14, outpaced by four birdies at 1, 7, 11 and 15, adding a wonderful hole-out eagle-2 at 16th from 71 yards out. He registered 1.583 putts per GIR and 1.257 SG: Putting, converting three scoring tries from between 10 and 25 feet…..William moves-up to OWRG #827.....SEE YOU in Hawaii. Devil
By:
Catch Me ifyoucan
When: 20 Jan 20 19:34
Catch Me ifyoucan • April 22, 2018 11:08 PM BST
World #114 (not for long) Andrew Landry with a 5-under-par 33-34=67 in the third round of the Valero Texas Open was good for a share of the 54-hole lead and played in the final threesome on Sunday with Johnson and Trey Mullinax.
He landed nine (of 14) fairways and pelted 16 greens in regulation, T1 for GIR on the day and No. 1 for the week at 79.63 percent (43/54). The Arkansas alum carded five birdies at holes 3, 5, 6, 16 and 17, all from inside of nine feet, posting 1.688 putts per GIR and -0.591 SG: Putting, needing 29 total putts. He gained 2.801 strokes approaching-the-green and 4.516 tee-to-green, No. 1 in SGTTG with a cumulative 9.884. That was the Texan's first 54-hole lead/co-lead in 32 events. His career best is P2 at the CareerBuilder back in January where he was T2 thru 54 holes. After opening in 69-67, the second-year player began T3, one back of co-leaders Johnson and Ryan Moore.

Andrew had been out of action for over a month to witness the birth of his first child before a return to Hilton Head Island for the RBC Heritage. Landry was a pre-tournament WD at the Valspar Championship over a month ago, choosing to rest up before becoming a dad. On March 23rd, he shared the news via Twitter saying, "Brooks Ryan Landry... greatest accomplishment of my life." If you are a big believer in the Nappy Factor then Landry deserved the betting boost this week. Before his son was born, Landry opened the season with a 3-for-10 record. It's been very boom-or-bust for the Web.com Tour grad, posting a pair of top 5s but also missing the cut seven times. Amazing what fatherhood can do !

HE DID IT AGAIN Devil
By:
Catch Me ifyoucan
When: 25 Jan 20 21:49
Culp’s Korn Ferry grads.....2020

You might bucket him into the "generational star" category and he hasn't even played a full season as a pro yet. He brings that kind of upside on the course in addition to being incredibly marketable off-the-course. Hovland ranks first of everyone on this Finals 25 list in terms of total (adjusted) strokes gained in 2019. He did that all in less than 50 rounds while much of this list sits above 70 rounds for their sample. How does Hovland get the job done? Through elite ball-striking. He gained at least 1.6 strokes off-the-tee each of his last seven measured starts and also gained at least 1 stroke approaching-the-green in all seven of those events. Remember last year when Niemann looked like a can't-miss superstar? Hovland has basically 1.5x'd Niemann's output over the first 10 events on the PGA TOUR. We should see plenty of Hovland near the top of the leaderboard this season.

#2 Doug Ghim 2019 Strokes Gained Rank: 4 Age:23
Brings elite amateur pedigree but he lost strokes to the field in six of his first seven starts on the PGA TOUR. That made it tough to earn his TOUR card in 2018 but he went down to the Korn Ferry Tour to hone his craft. All that hardwork paid off as he went 9-for-17 during the regular season with three top 10s and then added a pair of top 25s during the KFT Finals to secure his spot on the big stage. Only three other golfers on this list gained more strokes over the field during 2019 worldwide appearances. Ghim has Midwestern roots, went to school in Texas, and now calls Vegas home. I think that variety of climate experience should help him adapt quickly to all the new courses he'll see in 2020.

The Englishman snuck into the Korn Ferry Tour Finals via his T11 at The Open Championship and he paid off that opportunity in a big way by winning the Korn Ferry Tour Championship after skipping the first two legs. Lewis was highly regardedafter his amateur career then won early on at the 2011 Portugal Masters. He then went on to miss 29 of his next 50 cuts and hovered outside the top 300 in the OWGR until he found something in 2018. Lewis won on the Challenge Tour and Euro Tour in a matter of three weeks and his game has been relatively consistent since then. Still in his late 20s, he brings 4 worldwide wins to the table which is more than most, if not all, can say from this list of graduates.

#4 Beau Hossler 2019 Strokes Gained Rank: 9 Age:24
The young Cali native might be the best putter on TOUR, or maybe on the planet. Okay, maybe a slight exaggeration but he already has 11 career starts where he gained at least 5 strokes putting for the week. The problem during his sophomore campaign was a dip in his iron play. Hossler ranked 179th in SG Approach in 2018 but manged to drop to 184th last season. Just a guess but this could be a case of trying to make swing changes where things get worse before something finally clicks. He's never gained more than 3.8 strokes on approach in a single week and until that changes, it will be hard to rely on him as a consistent option. He's been T3 or better thru 54 holes on three occassions (2017 Sanderson, 2017 Shriners, 2018 Houston). All three of those events are part of the fall swing this year so we may see an early spark from the Texas Longhorn.

#5 Hank Lebioda 2019 Strokes Gained Rank: 6 Age:25
Hammerin' Hank finished above TOUR average in Strokes Gained Off-the-Tee, Strokes Gained Approach, and Strokes Gained Around-the-Green, during his rookie campaign on the big stage last season. That was good for 58th in SG Tee-to-Green at season's end. Not too shabby for the lefty from Florida State. The ball-striking stats are nice but we'd also like to see that extra gear which is missing so far. He managed just two top 25s in individual events on the PGA TOUR last season.

#6 Cameron Davis 2019 Strokes Gained Rank: 12 Age:24
The young Aussie has a world of talent but we are still waiting for that big breakthrough on the big stage. He's a big hitter but hit fewer fairways than the field in 14 of his last 17 starts, just to paint a little picture of his play style. I think the best is yet to come still for young Davis. He's never been better than T10 after any round on the PGA TOUR (T10 after R1 of 2019 John Deere). He was getting his first look at most of the courses last year so maybe that little extra experience will help him get in his comfort zone and post some more low rounds. I'm not eager to invest right out of the gate but if he heats up then I think the sky is the limit and I'll quickly jump on board.

#7 Matthew NeSmith 2019 Strokes Gained Rank: 10 Age:25
The South Carolina native has sprinkled five career starts on the PGA TOUR and missed the cut in all of them. His results on the Korn Ferry Tour were much better than that in 2019. He went 15-for-25 including a win during the KFT Finals. He ranked 20th in driving accuracy this season and 1st in GIR percentage (125th in putting average, yikes). That steady ball-striking is a good sign for his prospects on shorter layouts he'll face this season. Adding an interesting note, he also proposed to his wife at Harbour Town so maybe the RBC Heritage is an event to circle for him.

#8 Joseph Bramlett 2019 Strokes Gained Rank: 2 Age:31
The Stanford product dealt with back issues in 2014 and 2015 that nearly ended his playing career. He found his stride again in 2018 but narrowly missed out on a PGA TOUR card. It looked like another heartbreak might be in the works when he ended 32nd on the regular season points list in 2019. He stayed calm and rattled off three straight finishes in the T23 to T26 range to secure his card. Bramlett ended the season ranked 30th in driving distance, 6th in GIR percentage, and 14th in eagle rate. He could make a big splash if his back holds up which there is no indication that it will be a major problem again. Just something you have to consider when investing in season-long leagues because back injuries rarely just go away for good.

#9 Kramer Hickok 2019 Strokes Gained Rank: 11  Age:27
The Texas native went 13-for-26 on the PGA TOUR this season and showed some flashes of upside along the way. That includes the Mayakoba Golf Classic where he co-led after day one, the Genesis Open where he was T3 after day one, and the Barbasol where he was T3 thru 36 holes. He has been a bit more consistent on easier courses with bermudagrass greens so that's something to consider when looking for spots to invest.

#10 Grayson Murray 2019 Strokes Gained Rank: 20 Age:25
Struggled with injuries in 2018 but his comeback tour picked up a bit of steam this summer. He ended the KFT regular season with a T29 before posting finishes of T23, T11, and T7 during the Finals. The 25-year-old won the 2016 Nationwide Children's Hospital Championship and then again the following year with a victory at the Barbasol Championship. The big hitter brings winning pedigree to the table and he's still young. Let's just hope that he's matured a bit while he was recovering from injury because he was in the spotlight for the wrong reasons before but his golf game might be the star of the show in 2020. Silverado Resort or GC of Houston might be decent spots to target him during the fall. Overall, we want to invest during weeks where the course doesn't put a big penalty on missed fairways.
By:
Catch Me ifyoucan
When: 25 Jan 20 23:23
#11 D.J. Trahan 2019 Strokes Gained Rank: 17 Age:38
Snagged a top 10 at the Korn Ferry Tour Championship to play his way back onto the PGA TOUR. Trahan went 8-for-14 last season on the big stage with a trio of top 10s to his credit. The problem was that all three of them came in alternate-field events. His ShotLink stats were off the charts last season but most of that was accomplished against weaker fields. It will be interesting to see if he can pick up some momentum this fall, now that he's finally playing with some real status. The two-time TOUR winner hasn't cracked more than 16 starts since 2012 but that will surely change this season.
J
#12 Brendon Todd 2019 Strokes Gained Rank: 21 Age:34
Todd has talked about dealing with ball-striking yips, as he likes to call it. Those yips yielded quite the lengthy slump which saw him miss 39 cuts out of 44 tries from the 2015-16 season thru the 2017-18 PGA TOUR season. He fought his way back and managed four top 25s in 11 starts this season. Then he went down to the KFT Finals and posted a runner-up finish in the first leg of the KFT Finals to punch his ticket back to the PGA TOUR. He's still in the bottom half of these graduates if we look at total strokes gained in 2019 but if we look at a Per Round level then he's actually 8th on the list. The Georgia Bulldog rattled off 11 top 10s over a two-season stretch in 2014 and 2015, so we know the upside is there. It will be very interesting to see which Todd we see in 2020. There are reasons to be optimistic but also plenty of reasons to be bearish. I'm someone in the middle, waiting to see a string of steady form before getting too excited.

Snuck through with the last spot of the Finals 25 standings. That was after finishing 126th in the FedExCup standings. That could have been a brutal blow ifhe missed out on both bubbles by one spot. Werenski went 17-for-27 last season on the PGA TOUR but landed just four top 25s with three of them coming during the fall portion of the schedule. On top of that, he also finished with five straight cuts made before going T37-MC-T7 in the KFT Finals. Combine that summer form with last year's fall performance and Werenski might be one to target in DFS early in the season.
H
#14 Chris Baker 2019 Strokes Gained Rank: 3 Age:33
Baker graduated a year before I did at Iowa State so he instantly gets a bump up my personal fandom board. The Cyclone product went 18-for-25 this season with a whopping seven top 10s. That included a closing T4 at the Korn Ferry Tour Finals to seal his fate. Baker was exactly tour average in driving distance (302.8 yards) but 2nd in driving accuracy and 15th in GIR percentage. Accuracy over power is not the ideal mold when making the leap to the PGA TOUR but there will definitely be some venues that fit his game during the fall schedule. Could come out firing and if he does you might want to jump along for the ride. He went T7-T7 early this season and then went T4-T6-T10 to kickoff June. He can ride the hot hand when he gets locked in.

#15 Tom Hoge was 2019 Strokes Gained Rank: 15 Age:30
The Fargo man will always have a soft spot in my heart since I lived in North Dakota for three years after college. The stat sheet is less friendly, though, and it starts with his short-game struggles. Hoge averaged 0.163 strokes lost around-the-green and 0.284 strokes lost putting, per round. That is nearly two shots he needs to make up over the course of four days, if he plays to his averages. It helps that he finished top 40 in SG Approach last season but even the best iron player would have troubles climbing out of that hole he puts himself in with the short-game woes. Hoge has six career rounds of 64 or better on the PGA TOUR and five of them have come on bermudagrass greens with most of them leaning toward less-than-driver in nature in terms of off-the-tee strategy. Keep that in mind when looking for spots to invest in weekly leagues.

#16 Cameron Percy 2019 Strokes Gained Rank: 8 Age:45
Had this to say afer securing his TOUR card, "In April this year l fell over and fractured my wrist. I thought my life as a golfer were over. Today l played my way back onto the Pgatour which is an absolute privilege. Pretty happy right now!!" The 45-year-old Aussie went 11-for-13 this season on the Korn Ferry Tour, despite missing two months with that wrist injury. His consistency was hard to match as he finished T17 or better in 7-of-13 starts. The problem? Percy has never played his way into the FedExCup Playoffs, in seven tries. His best attempt saw him finish 144th in the FEC standings, back in 2017. Could this be a case of finding the right state of mind, late in his career? Or was is just an outlier in terms run of form? Hard to say but I'm not getting my hopes up. If you want to blindly follow the stats, then he ranks 8th from this list in terms of total worldwide strokes gained in 2019.

Finished 168th in the FedExCup standings last season after landing inside the top 110 during his rookie campaign. Regained his card with a T4 finish at the Korn Ferry Tour Championship. Where did it go wrong? The first sign of decline jumps off the page in the SG Approach department. Duncan ranked 25th in SG Approach during the 2017-18 PGA TOUR season but just 139th this year. The 30-year-old was outside of the top 35 after 25 of his last 27 rounds played this season so he wasn't particularly close to finding form over the summer. The Purdue product is still relatively young and flashed ball-striking talent just two years ago. Let's not give up hope yet but we'd love to see some steady ball-striking stats return before getting too optimistic.

#18 Bronson Burgoon 2019 Strokes Gained Rank: 19 Age:32
A wild season for Burgoon who posted a runner-up finish in his second start of the season last year (CIMB Classic). That was good for 208 FedExCup Points but he would add just 14 FEC Points over his next 12 starts. Found his game again late in the season and went down to the KFT Finals to post a T19 and T5 to allow him to skip the final leg. Burgoon has a go-low button that many mid-tier players are lacking. Burgoon has eight career TOUR rounds of 65 or better including a R3 65 am the 2018 Greenbrier. That will be the first event of the upcoming season so that's something to consider next week. Most of his best finishes on TOUR have come on courses that put a premimum on driving the ball. During the fall that means we should look to target him at the Greenbrier, RSM Classic, and Mayakoba.

#19 Rob Oppenheim 2019 Strokes Gained Rank: 5 Age:39
We know what Oppenheim is at this point in his career. He has just three podium finishes in 199 career starts on the Korn Ferry Tour. He has just two top 10s in 56 starts on the PGA TOUR. He's not getting any younger but he can light up the course with his short irons when he gets dialed in. Gamers should look for ways to invest in round-by-round formats rather than locking him into weekly lineups. Ryan Armour's late breakout is all I can think about when guys like Oppenheim play their way back onto the big stage but we shouldn't expect to see those surges every year. I would expect to see Oppenheim flirting with the Top 150 bubble by season's end, if I had to guess.

#20 Anirban Lahiri 2019 Strokes Gained Rank: 22 Age:32
The Indian star cracked the FedExCup Playoffs for three straight seasons before landing at 178th last season. More than 50 spots short of keeping his full status. However, he was talking a big game as the season was winding down in terms of finding his game again and that came to fruition during the Korn Ferry Tour Finals. He posted a T7 in Ohio and then a T5 in Idaho, allowing him to skip the last event. Lahiri has 18 international wins in Asia but is still searching for his first win on the PGA TOUR. They also took away the CIMB Classic which was the site of a T10 and T3 for him on the PGA TOUR to go along with plenty of other good finishes at the course when it hosted Euro Tour events. Lahiri posted a career-low 61 during the 2018 Greenbrier so he might be one to give a second look at next week at the season's lid-lifter.

#21 David Hearn 2019 Strokes Gained Rank: 23 Age:40
The Canadian was on that short list of golfers that were oh-so-close to winning on the PGA TOUR but here we are at the age of 40 and he's still searching. Hearn went 9-for-18 on the PGA TOUR last season while playing on conditional status but finished 174th in the FedExCup race. A T4 at the KFT Championship earned his card back and I don't think Hearn will want to give it back. The problem? He's lost strokes off-the-tee in 15 of his last 22 starts which makes things difficult.

#22 Ben Taylor 2019 Strokes Gained Rank: 13 Age:27
The London native attended LSU and now calls Florida home. He was a member of the LSU team that won the 2015 NCAA Championships. Taylor roared out of the gate this season with top 25s in five of his first six starts to find himself 15th in the points race. Taylor slowed his pace from there but locked up his card with a runner-up finish at the Scarlet Course for the Nationwide Children's Hospital Championship. You would never expect to find him on the graduates list if you just looked at his stat profile this season. Taylor ranked 93rd in driving distance, 100th in accuracy, 80th in GIR percentage, and 50th in birdies per round. For whatever reason, I'm instantly drawn to making a Kelly Kraft comp because neither golfer "wows you" with stats but they find a way to get the job done a few times each season. Might have some strong finishes in his tank this season but I'm expecting them to be hard to peg. Hearn has three career top 15s at the Greenbrier so he might be one to jump out to a quick start but overall I see him flirting with a 50% cuts-made ratio similar to last season. His fairway-to-pin game is perfectly suited for top-heavy finishes though, since he can strike on any given week when he's finding fairways. A volatile season-long option with high-end week-to-week upside.

#23 Robert Streb 2019 Strokes Gained Rank: 24 Age:32
The Kansas State product missed more cuts (16) than he made (12) last season on the PGA TOUR but still managed to nearly crack the Playoffs (128th in the FedExCup race). He accomplished that with a T4 at the Shiners and T3 at the Barracuda. He secured his job, though, during the Korn Ferry Tour Finals with a T5 and T30 in Ohio and Idaho. Golf is a crazy game and Streb's career showcases that well. He went 17-for-21 then 25-for-30 then 17-for-27 then 20-for-30 over a four-year stretch on the PGA TOUR. That is consistency. But since then he missed 19 (of 29) cuts and 16 (of 28) cuts over the last two seasons. Where has his game dipped? If we compare his more recent stats to his longterm baseline then it's his SG Off-the-Tee and SG Putting that is holding him back lately. He's gone from being longer than TOUR average in most of his starts to the opposite now. His driving distance was less than the field average in each of his last 13 starts. On the data alone it almost looks like he's played through injury but hasn't withdrawn in the middle of any events over the course of his career. Something is fishy here and I wouldn't fully endorse him as a steady fantasy option until that driving distance returns to his previous baseline range.

#24 Brandon Hagy 2019 Strokes Gained Rank: 25 Age:28
It was a slow and painful return for Hagy who missed cuts in 14-of-15 starts from late 2018 to mid-2019. Then he caught fire in the Korn Ferry Tour Finals with finishes of T5 and T2 to start things off and allow him to rest during the KFT Championship. One of the longest hitters on TOUR, Hagy still has just one top 10 in 52 career PGA TOUR starts. Despite all his firepower, he has just one career round of 64 or better and two rounds of 65. The 28-year-old still has room to grow and play his way back into some more consistent form but I will take the wait-and-see approach before actually investing in weekly fantasy formats.

The 40-year-old Argentine went 11-for-20 last year on the PGA TOUR with four top 25s. That was good for just 169th in the FedExCup standings but he played his way back with a runner-up finish at the Korn Ferry Tour Championship. Gomez is a two-time PGA TOUR winner and also has a pair of top 10s at the Puerto Rico Open. However, he was inside the top 10 after just two (of 62) rounds played on the big stage last year. The Puerto Rico Open might be the only spot I'll consider him in any format this season
By:
Catch Me ifyoucan
When: 21 Feb 20 19:13
The 40-year-old Argentine went 11-for-20 last year on the PGA TOUR with four top 25s. That was good for just 169th in the FedExCup standings but he played his way back with a runner-up finish at the Korn Ferry Tour Championship. Gomez is a two-time PGA TOUR winner and also has a pair of top 10s at the Puerto Rico Open. However, he was inside the top 10 after just two (of 62) rounds played on the big stage last year. The Puerto Rico Open might be the only spot I'll consider him in any format this season
By:
Catch Me ifyoucan
When: 22 Feb 20 00:39
You might bucket him into the "generational star" category and he hasn't even played a full season as a pro yet. He brings that kind of upside on the course in addition to being incredibly marketable off-the-course. Hovland ranks first of everyone on this Finals 25 list in terms of total (adjusted) strokes gained in 2019. He did that all in less than 50 rounds while much of this list sits above 70 rounds for their sample. How does Hovland get the job done? Through elite ball-striking. He gained at least 1.6 strokes off-the-tee each of his last seven measured starts and also gained at least 1 stroke approaching-the-green in all seven of those events. Remember last year when Niemann looked like a can't-miss superstar? Hovland has basically 1.5x'd Niemann's output over the first 10 events on the PGA TOUR. We should see plenty of Hovland near the top of the leaderboard this season.
By:
Catch Me ifyoucan
When: 24 Feb 20 13:21
Hovland is the first rookie to win on the PGA TOUR in 2019-20, snapping a streak of 18 events to start the season without a win by a rookie (longest since 2009)...... but it was worth the wait Devil
By:
Catch Me ifyoucan
When: 24 Feb 20 13:24
Victory in just his 17th career start for the Norwegian
By:
Catch Me ifyoucan
When: 24 Feb 20 13:30
....and the third player from the 2018 Arnold Palmer Cup to earn a TOUR win, joining Matthew Wolff and Collin Morikawa!
By:
Catch Me ifyoucan
When: 28 Feb 20 00:10
The Englishman snuck into the Korn Ferry Tour Finals via his T11 at The Open Championship and he paid off that opportunity in a big way by winning the Korn Ferry Tour Championship after skipping the first two legs. Lewis was highly regardedafter his amateur career then won early on at the 2011 Portugal Masters. He then went on to miss 29 of his next 50 cuts and hovered outside the top 300 in the OWGR until he found something in 2018. Lewis won on the Challenge Tour and Euro Tour in a matter of three weeks and his game has been relatively consistent since then. Still in his late 20s, he brings 4 worldwide wins to the table which is more than most, if not all, can say from this list of graduates.

Tom Lewis victory in the Korn Ferry Tour Championship opened the door to some extent BUT he explained his position when talking to the press after today's 66: "The back end of last year obviously when I won that Korn Ferry final, I thought, this is going to be great, I'm going to have opportunities left, right and center, but obviously it hasn't happened. I can't get anything really. I've got to play good to get in stuff, and hopefully sponsors like me, but I've got a lot of good opportunities coming over the next couple of months, so hopefully if I can play as well as I did today, then maybe I can sneak a win and I won't have to ask sponsors."
Asked about his schedule, Lewis added: "It's difficult. I don't even know where I'm playing. I was hoping I'd play (Bay Hill) next week. I didn't get in next week. So another two weeks off, then come back, play Valspar I think it is, and let's just see. Hopefully if I can shoot four scores 4-under par, then my schedule becomes a little easier to plan."
By:
Catch Me ifyoucan
When: 29 Feb 20 00:49
Snuck through with the last spot of the Finals 25 standings. That was after finishing 126th in the FedExCup standings. That could have been a brutal blow if he missed out on both bubbles by one spot. Werenski went 17-for-27 last season on the PGA TOUR but landed just four top 25s with three of them coming during the fall portion of the schedule. On top of that, he also finished with five straight cuts made before going T37-MC-T7 in the KFT Finals. Combine that summer form with last year's fall performance and Werenski might be one to target in DFS early in the season.

Comes from a family of avid golfers. Father, Michael, was formerly a PGA club professional. Brother, Mickey, played on the Texas A&M golf team. Grew up next door to The Orchards GC in South Hadley, Mass and attended Heritage Academy in Hilton Head Island, S.C. His earliest golf memory is going to Orlando, Fla., for the "Drive, Chip & Putt" national finals at ages 10 and 12. Won the Golf Channel's "Big Break The Palm Beaches," which aired early in 2015. 70's still available Devil
By:
Catch Me ifyoucan
When: 29 Feb 20 00:50
.....for The HONDA
By:
Catch Me ifyoucan
When: 01 Mar 20 23:06
#1 Sungjae Im 2018 Strokes Gained Rank: 1 Age: 20
Easily gained the most strokes of anyone on the Web.com Tour this season and he hasn't even reached legal drinking age in the States. The Korean calls Nine Bridges his home course so look out for him early in the season as I'm sure he'll find a way to crack that field (The CJ CUP). Currently would be in the field as the third-ranked Korean in the OWGR. I'd imagine a sponsor's invite wouldn't be tough to find if that changes. The youngster posted 14 top 25s in 24 starts on the Web circuit, including FIVE podium finishes. This really could be a superstar in the making. Catch Me ifyoucan • September 11, 2019 6:01 PM BST

Congratulations to SUNJAE IM on being voted 2019 PGA TOUR Rookie of the Year.

Like so many Korn Ferry Tour graduates, he arrived on the PGA TOUR prepared to compete with the world’s best, and his season was a reflection of a maturity beyond his 21 years.”
IM was selected for the honour over (alphabetically) Cameron Champ, Adam Long, Collin Morikawa and Matthew Wolff.

THREAD FOR WINNERS......move along sonny Devil
By:
Catch Me ifyoucan
When: 01 Mar 20 23:46
21yo IM.....
2018: Korn Ferry Tour Player of the Year
2019: PGA TOUR Rookie of the Year
2020: PGA TOUR winner (youngest Honda winner)

The South Korean had 714 birdies since the start of last year....that's 149 more than any other TOUR player.
Page 2 of 2  •  Previous | 1 | 2 | Next
sort by:
Show
per page

Post your reply

Text Format: Table: Smilies:
Forum does not support HTML
Insert Photo
Cancel
‹ back to topics
www.betfair.com