Forums
Welcome to Live View – Take the tour to learn more
Start Tour
There is currently 1 person viewing this thread.
DickTurpin
12 Sep 17 21:33
| Topic/replies: 18,579 | Blogger: DickTurpin's blog
Is Spiffy value at 7.6 ???????????? Nah....

Selections :-

J Day @20
H Stenson @32
P Reed @34

GL anyone...................
Show More
Report Total Bosman September 13, 2017 2:11 PM BST
Not overwhelming interest in the world's best going at it yet again, serious golf fatigue around this time of year.  Looks like Day has a new caddie on the bag.  Seems both he and Rory are blaming their bagmen for their inability to land a 5 footer to save their lives.
Report 1st time poster September 13, 2017 2:32 PM BST
either that or the abs showing vests and crutch nipping kecs they both wear, Laugh
Report therhino September 13, 2017 3:16 PM BST
Day is a shock as Swatton is much more than a caddy to him. Betting wise, I see no reason not to take JT here. Pretty much every year someone gets hot in the playoffs and wins 2 of the 4, given how streaky he is he seems a prime candidate to me. 14.5 is a steal. Managed to get 250s on Duffman as well which is rather rude.
Report therhino September 13, 2017 3:29 PM BST
Not overwhelming interest in the world's best going at it yet again, serious golf fatigue around this time of year.

Think the planned schedule change will alter that? Football in Europe and the US both back in swing does steal the limelight. This tourney has no real identity either, Conway Farms does little to get the juices flowing. Next year Aronimink and then Medinah which will be a welcome change.
Report lewisham ranger September 13, 2017 5:48 PM BST
spieth.
Report mengmeng September 13, 2017 6:20 PM BST
Speith and Stenson this week for me
Report Geesyerdosh September 13, 2017 8:00 PM BST
Has Thomas lost a leg or something? Big drift
Report jedi sophie September 13, 2017 9:53 PM BST
Is Swatton taking a break or bumped,they are lifelong friends...Bad move Day if got rid,very bad move!
Report therhino September 13, 2017 10:29 PM BST
Had some more JT 17.5, WTF Shocked
Report Total Bosman September 13, 2017 11:22 PM BST
Can't see any news regarding JT but an unusual drift to happen for no reason.  Plenty of faith in Day since the caddy news as well.

Rhino - I do think the schedule change will help, the clashes with other sports can take the spotlight off golf, but it also solves the bigger problem of so many big tournaments happening in a row (WGC, PGA, 4 x Fedex) that the interest can wane towards the end.
Report eight ball September 14, 2017 3:48 AM BST
@Jedi
When a partnership of this nature heads 'south'(as has been happening behind the scenes)then you decide what's better to save .. Work Partnership? or Life Friendship ?.
Several things of note.
'Swatto' is the rarest of Caddies to lay claim to been Coach to a Major Winner.
Also approaching his twilight years(age).

Not the first def not the last does anyone remember Jacks caddies?(apart from Angelo) or Arnies? don't forget Tiiiger moved on Fluff to take Williams and then moved again, the list continues.In this era they(caddy) do more are asked more and share the limelight more so there will always be an equal downside(Michael's also aware of this). Hindsight suggests Bones will probably hold the record.
With many looking for that'edge'change this/that/anything is always a possibility.

Swatto has done more for his man than anyone else,has set benchmarks for those who follow has implemented/introduced agenda's that others never considered and possesses a teaching prowess equal to the Best.
Yep the pill is bitter at the moment but applause to Jason for saying I could spend my time counting my hoot and turning up BUT I still want wins and I still have a desire to get better.

Both will succeed again.
Report rommel September 14, 2017 5:17 PM BST
any thoughts on the mcilroy 3 ball anyone
Report Total Bosman September 14, 2017 5:54 PM BST
Is it too late to suggest the lay of Rory?  DB from 100 yards out in the fairway at the first.  The opening hole of a guy who can't wait to be on holiday.
Report lewisham ranger September 14, 2017 6:17 PM BST
way too early to write rory off. just hit his approach to two feet.
Report rommel September 14, 2017 6:28 PM BST

Sep 14, 2017 -- 7:17PM, lewisham ranger wrote:

way too early to write rory off. just hit his approach to two feet.

a**e

Report lewisham ranger September 14, 2017 6:30 PM BST
fly away, little troll.
Report rommel September 14, 2017 6:31 PM BST
not,rm's done fa lately
Report therhino September 14, 2017 10:30 PM BST
So far so good for Jason with the new caddie.
Report jedi sophie September 15, 2017 10:02 AM BST
Lets hope if he gets in there on Sunday this caddie has more success in talking him out of certain shots....Im thinking US Pga here, The beginning of the end clearly for Swatton as Caddie. Even though Day made the decision!
Report lewisham ranger September 15, 2017 1:04 PM BST
reckon a lot of these players are prima donnas... rory, jason throwing their toys out of the pram when caddies are bold enough to stand up to them.

oh well they've plenty of cash in the bag to show for these gigs... let some other mug work for them instead.
Report Esox September 15, 2017 7:58 PM BST
Jason Day, hole in 1 at 17 wins the car.
Report Canaletto . September 15, 2017 10:24 PM BST
Lol, Leichmans arse has imploded in
Report jedi sophie September 16, 2017 10:12 PM BST
Disappointing play from Day back nine,very very poor...
Report swingwhenuwinning September 16, 2017 11:07 PM BST
1/2 looks a gift
Very tempting
Report xmoneyx September 17, 2017 4:21 PM BST
can day win today
Report Total Bosman September 17, 2017 5:49 PM BST
5 shot leads don't get blown often but I'd say the conditions are there for a big comeback- Leish can be jittery and Fowler and Day can go out an be aggressive on a track where birdies and eagles are everywhere.
Report jedi sophie September 17, 2017 6:13 PM BST
I think both Day and Fowler aim going out will be to get closer by the turn, Leishman shown before he can fold up,was in greta positions previously this season and didnt play too well,even three back is fine with 9 to play.Not finished this yet at all. Though they will need to play better than yday,Day was rank.
Report Total Bosman September 17, 2017 6:48 PM BST
Don't completely understand why Day's price has drifted so much bigger than Rickie.
Report Total Bosman September 17, 2017 7:05 PM BST
Starting to understand.
Report jedi sophie September 17, 2017 7:28 PM BST
Riiiicccckkkkyyyyy.......****...Shot be Leish tho.Superb.
Report jedi sophie September 17, 2017 7:46 PM BST
Leader is not convincing me! Still very short....SillyShocked
Report jedi sophie September 17, 2017 8:03 PM BST
Great birdie there though.Fair play.
Report jedi sophie September 17, 2017 8:35 PM BST
Leishman doing what is required so far!Ricky making mistakes helps.
Report Total Bosman September 17, 2017 8:47 PM BST
Yeah, very solid.  Going to take a proper capitulation now.
Report Total Bosman September 17, 2017 9:45 PM BST
Get a grip, Serge.
Report crystalhunt September 17, 2017 9:51 PM BST
What a knob - keep moaning till you get your way.
Report Total Bosman September 17, 2017 10:33 PM BST
Fair play to Leish, not played brilliantly at the weekend but every time they've got close he's pulled away again.
Report jedi sophie September 17, 2017 11:35 PM BST
Great win for him,well deserved..They all had a go,he responded...Unlike many,he went and won it!
Report 1st time poster September 18, 2017 6:50 PM BST
HELPS WHEN you have a pussey like rose not going for the green on 15,if they had a 260 yd par 3 would rose lay up 90 yds short with a 6 iron,crazy,multi millionaires playing for cash when theres a chance of a title, would imagine rose would take a grand on who wants to be a millionaire
Report Catch Me ifyoucan September 4, 2018 12:51 AM BST
IF they continue as they have and go by FedEx rankings - then the first two rounds at the BMW Championship - should be Tiger, Rickie & Jordan. Devil
Report system99 September 4, 2018 7:10 PM BST
15 players under 30/1, i dont think i have ever seen such a tight golf market!!!
Report Catch Me ifyoucan September 4, 2018 8:38 PM BST
Featured Groups...Friday...18.25pm...It's TIGER WOODS along with Rickie & Spieth.
Woods was at Aronimink today for a nine-hole practice round with Rory McIlroy and is skipping the Pro-Am for what appears to be the first time in his professional career (perhaps due to the short turn around this week after Monday's finish).

Under PGA Tour rules, players are allowed to opt out of a pro-am twice a year in exchange for doing some other sponsor-related activity such as a clinic or a Q&A session. Justin Rose did just that last week at the Dell Technologies Championship. But Woods has never done so, electing always to take part in the Wednesday proceedings -- which is a requirement for players in the field who are eligible for the pro-am. He often uses the pro-am as a casual practice round.

Tiger Woods is a 5-time winner of the BMW Championships, while those with the most PGA Tour events won (5+ times or more) of all-time are Tiger with 6 (Snead & Jack have done so 3 times) - Bridgestone, Memorial, BMW, Farmers, AP Invitational...and also the WGC Mexico (won it 7 times at 6 different courses).
The Masters next year will make it 7 tournaments (5+ times or more).

Tiger's form reads 24,40,2,31,6,4,mc,23 and he was 46th here in Aronimink back in 2010 (when Rose won, Leishman 7th, Day 9th, SNEDS & Gay T16th, while Dustin and Rickie both MC)..... might as well back him as we're going to see his every move/shot over the w/end.....and good for those who took the 28/1 earlier Devil
Report DickTurpin September 4, 2018 9:21 PM BST
BMW SELECTIONS :-

J Rose @17
B Snedeker @80
E Grillo @95

GL gentlemen.................
Report Catch Me ifyoucan September 6, 2018 12:17 AM BST
Matsuyama exits stage left from Pro-Am due to heat exhaustion !

GOOD CALL TIGER
Report toberaheena September 6, 2018 11:33 AM BST
The United States home players are showing us Europeans how golf should be played at the moment and college former graduates, primarily Dechambeau is proof that the system works. Can somebody educate me as to how a youngster who is showing immense promise can make their way to getting into a golf college or university in the states. Does a player need to be an American Citizen to get a scholarship ? Once again this week, my money is on about 5 players, first time ever since yonks that I have a green book on Tiger. Rahm would be my player with most potential all the time but his drifting SP is always a worry.
Report Mighty Whites 2008 September 6, 2018 6:29 PM BST
Anyone can apply to a US college to go out and study and play golf. If you are a top junior you wont necessarily need to apply as they may well come after you. Ive known a few people who have gone over there. One thing these days they are looking for even more than a good record or handicap is the ability to bomb it.

The English golf system isn't working too badly these days either
Report Catch Me ifyoucan September 7, 2018 12:13 AM BST
Tiger should sit out those Pro-Am's more often Devil
Post Your Reply
<CTRL+Enter> to submit
Please login to post a reply.

Wonder

Instance ID: 13539
www.betfair.com