Forums
There is currently 1 person viewing this thread.
frames
26 Jun 17 17:08
| Topic/replies: 12,112 | Blogger: frames's blog
Rolex series doing it's job , cracking field.Puts the BMW field at Wentworth in it's place.Even Mr.Rahm making an appearance.
Best course on the tour ,should be a cracker.

Post your reply

Text Format: Table: Smilies:
Forum does not support HTML
Insert Photo
Cancel
Page 1 of 4  •  Previous 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | Next
sort by:
Show
per page
Replies: 131
By:
mr meagi
When: 26 Jun 17 17:44
I respect your enthusiasm, frames, but.........let's call the European Tour for what it is to 'the punter' ie it is like trying to shoot swallows with a bb gun. Look at this event, Jaidee won it, Mc Dowell won it twice, Wiesberger, ....etc. Do you see a pattern because I am struggling...............What stats....Ball Striking ?.....is it GR or Putting?? There is no value and even the most obscure golfers seem to be converging on the 50/1 mark.I can't even make an early call for a buy to sell.

Here's PP , Fritelli 35/1, Olesen 60/1, Stone 50/1, Fisher 40/1 ......you're having a laugh ....right!LaughLaugh
By:
ashleigh
When: 26 Jun 17 18:53
big pot on a top course but no mcilroy, stenson,garcia,rose or casey.Sad
By:
Catch Me ifyoucan
When: 26 Jun 17 20:46
Three places to the leading three players (not otherwise exempt) who finish in the top 10 and ties qualify for The OPEN.
By:
donny osmond
When: 26 Jun 17 20:50
soren kjeldsen if he could hole a few putts would be my type of golfer round here

prices probably converging as the bookies cant find info from europeantour website either

its like the dark ages...
By:
frames
When: 26 Jun 17 22:15
I'm not looking to find the winner Mr.M.
Awkward one regards the top names at this time of year, from US Open to the Open 6 tournaments.They all played 2 weeks ago, Stenson,Rory,Garcia and Casey played again last week.Rose just seems to play fewer events ,dodgy back ?
No need for Casey to come to France for Ryder Cup preview,I expect that's the only reason for Rahm's entry.Rory has to play next week so that's 5 out of 6 if he plays Scottish.I think it's only Fleetwood and Kaymer of the names who have played the last 3 although Kaymer missing the cut last week might be his reason for playing.I'm surprised Tommy is back for more this week.
By:
mr meagi
When: 27 Jun 17 12:06
I am looking for something, frames.Confused

I'm expecting 'pissy' wet weather in Paris........come'th the hour,come'th the man.......a man for all seasons, and all that,... in good form,.... at a good buy-to-sell price, and a water-proof demeanor to match. This week's runner, Jamie Donaldson.

Jamie Donaldson 100.00 €20.00  €1,980.00 (There's plenty left)
By:
Catch Me ifyoucan
When: 27 Jun 17 19:29
Jonny Rahmbo is all set to make his European Tour Rolex Series debut at Le Golf National in Paris. The 22-year-old Spaniard said "This is probably one of the best golf courses I've ever played. I played it when I was 15 in the 2009 European Young Masters. I can't think of anything bad to say about the golf course. It really is amazing." This course tests your patience and that is perhaps the biggest flaw in Rahm’s game right now. Jon Rahm Rodriguez 14's 1/4 6pls SKY was T3 at the WGC Mexico Championship, runner-up in the World Match Play and has two Major starts (one MC) while the last 8 weeks look like mc, mc, 2, mc & 4th. Many will prefer MOLINARI's 12 finishes here - 2, 6, 26, 18, 2, mc, 2, 25, 13, mc, 21 & 26th in 2005 - at a juicy 14/1 too. Devil
By:
mr meagi
When: 27 Jun 17 20:45
Hi Catch,

Your 'piece' resonates with that of Niall Lyons on Oddschecker this week.

Lyons:''Jon Rahm tees it up this week no doubt in preparation for his European jaunt over the next month or two. He also has one eye on next years Ryder Cup here at the Albatross course and he'll be looking to suss the course out ahead of his inevitable debut in the tournament next September. This is a tight venue though where accuracy breeds decent scores. His ability is lightyears beyond anybody in this field and just take a moment to ponder the thought that Francesco Molinari is the same price as him. This is the one and only time this will happen again in our puff as the two will head on different trajectories in their career from here on. I worry about Rahm reigning his game in around this track. However I can not rule it out. If he starts well on Thursday I wouldn't put anyone off having a bet in running, but until then I think it is best to leave him off the staking plan.''

This appears a little OTT, even for me...I see it like this......''let's call the European Tour for what it is to 'the punter' ie it is like trying to shoot swallows with a bb gun........look ............a swallowSurprised

Daniel Im 621.39 €3.60  €2,233.40
By:
mengmeng
When: 27 Jun 17 21:05
its one of those situations where if Rahm loses he has plenty of excuses but if he wins everybody will be gutted that they have missed out on such an obvious winning bet.If hes gonna really start the winning habit this is as good a chance he could have wanted
By:
Golfvet
When: 27 Jun 17 21:31
Anybody post a link for European tour Stats,The season ranking lists Dr Acc,Dr Length,GIR.sick of looking in that F@ck up of a site.    Thx
By:
Golfvet
When: 27 Jun 17 21:38
anyone post a link for the stats that used to be on the old european tour site ie Dr Acc,Dr Distance,GIR Ect Ect,New site is a disgrace
By:
mr meagi
When: 27 Jun 17 21:48
I hear you, Golfvet,,this piece of sh'''''''''''te has me a broken man...The old site was really good for research...With the new one you get the individual players stats but you have no list comparison....disaster!Sad
By:
mr meagi
When: 27 Jun 17 21:55
Rahm, is not my 'cup of tea' mengmeng.....but that is not the reason why I fancy Molinari in a match bet against him on this track...........he appears to me to be a 'pretty rustic putter' and when I see people like McDowell,Wiesberger and Jaidee winning here I hear the word 'putting' in my ears. Then I read that Lingmerth won here, a while back and I am convinced that the spoils will fall to some form of putting finesse, Noren, etc, etc. What do you think of Rahm's putting? Am I being unfair,.... wind and rain may neutralize this aspect of the contest...knowing my luck it probably will.Confused
By:
mengmeng
When: 27 Jun 17 22:09
his putting isnt actua;;y thatbad, hes sitting about midway in strokes gained putting and high up in the rest of his game, and the quality of in depth competition isnt too high here. If he plays reletively way and can avoid a sunday choke he has to go very close.
By:
mengmeng
When: 27 Jun 17 22:14
that being said im not backing him, but mainly because im not getting involved in the euro tour this week. If i was solely looking at basing a selection on putting stats i wouldnt go for Rahm as you say, i would probably leave it for the first round and see if a streaky putter seems to be rolling it well then go for them as they should still be good value in the betting. Hope that makes sense
By:
mr meagi
When: 27 Jun 17 22:54
I'm getting the two tours mixed up now, Lingmerth won on the Web Tour on the Potomac Course...Rahm is in the European....with Noren...........FFSK!Blush.....anyway 'putting' is the name of the game on both sides of the pond this week. I blame that new sh'''''te site for all this...........I'm going 'round the twist...Good Luck to All!
By:
therhino
When: 28 Jun 17 09:03
Great course, part links, part Doral. Something for everyone. Not sure if Rahm or Noren is the play, doing them both seems a fairly obvious play. Can it be that easy?
By:
therhino
When: 28 Jun 17 15:00
Opted for Noren and Olesen. Do like Olesen, always at decent odds and not scared of winning. Saver on Rahm.
By:
Can't Catch Me
When: 28 Jun 17 22:35
Really fancy Weisberger this week. Saver on Noren and Wood.
By:
Catch Me ifyoucan
When: 28 Jun 17 22:53
Prefer MORNING OR AFTERNOON...

06:40        Dylan Frittelli (17/10)        Renato Paratore (19/10)        Jeunghun Wang (21/10)   
    06:50        Bernd Wiesberger (6/4)        Matthew Fitzpatrick (2/1)        Chris Wood (23/10)   
    07:00        Jon Rahm (11/8)        Tommy Fleetwood (7/4)        Alexander Levy (14/5)   
    07:10        Francesco Molinari (6/4)        Martin Kaymer (2/1)        Ian Poulter (5/2)   
    07:20        Lee Westwood (17/10)        Graeme McDowell (7/4)        Victor Dubuisson (12/5)   
    07:30        Andrew Johnston (7/5)        Gregory Bourdy (6/4)        Thomas Bjorn (7/2)   
    07:40        Fabrizio Zanotti (6/4)        Andres Romero (7/4)        Eduardo Molinari (14/5)   
    07:50        George Coetzee (5/6)        David Howell (11/4)        Robert Rock (11/4)   

11:40        Hao Tong Li (6/4)        Richard Bland (13/8)        Alvaro Quiros (3/1)   
    11:50        Soren Kjeldsen (6/4)        Pablo Larrazabal (8/5)        Benjamin Hebert (16/5)   
    12:00        Alex Noren (8/5)        Thomas Pieters (19/10)        Tyrrell Hatton (9/4)   
    12:10        Shane Lowry (8/5)        Ross Fisher (24/13)        Russell Knox (9/4)   
    12:20        Thongchai Jaidee (6/4)        Hideto Tanihara (7/4)        Danny Willett (13/5)   
    12:40        Thorbjorn Olesen (5/4)        Robert Karlsson (27/10)        Romain Wattel (27/10)   
    12:50        Andy Sullivan (7/5)        Nicolas Colsaerts (7/4)        Romain Langasque (27/10)   
By:
frames
When: 29 Jun 17 14:35
Superb.Someone give her a putter.
By:
frames
When: 29 Jun 17 19:06
http://www.skysports.com/golf/news/12176/10931323/fan-goes-in-to-lake-to-grab-putter-from-the-water-at-open-de-france

Enjoy.Turns out it was Li Haotong's mother.Pieters and Hatton did well to putt out.
By:
jedi sophie
When: 29 Jun 17 20:11
Truly bloody hilarious that was...Lucky enough to be watching live and was pmsl on the couch myself.Laugh
By:
xmoneyx
When: 30 Jun 17 10:14
just watched Laugh
By:
jedi sophie
When: 30 Jun 17 11:18
Almost as funny is Thomas Pieters childish petulant and frankly quite embarrassing behaviour on back nine this morning.

Really needs to have a word with himself as clearly cost him a couple of shots!

Caddy as usual scared to say to him get a fookin grip man!

Clear fav for tourney when it all started....
By:
jedi sophie
When: 30 Jun 17 11:23
A big baby Pieters, bottom lip going,looks like wants to cry...Embarrassing!
By:
par
When: 30 Jun 17 11:33
one dropped shot and his head came off
By:
jedi sophie
When: 30 Jun 17 11:36
And he is still in a terrific position,especially with par at last....Could be in lead,sharing, certainly wont be far off....Crazy behaviour.
By:
jedi sophie
When: 30 Jun 17 13:54
Fantastic golf course this.
Ryder Cup will be sensational there.Determined to go!Cool
By:
mr meagi
When: 01 Jul 17 09:41
Chris Wood +4    6 R3    +4       
Nicolas Colsaerts +6    9 R3    +5
Phachara Khongwatmai +7    8 R3    +6

You have to assume that these guys had 'a plan' getting up this morning to play golf.Confused
By:
Catch Me ifyoucan
When: 01 Jul 17 13:32
V STRANGE Leaderboard Devil

12:00        Bradley Dredge (21/20)        Gregory Bourdy (21/20)   
    12:10        Lee Westwood (21/20)        Andy Sullivan (21/20)   
    12:20        Romain Langasque (11/10)        Rikard Karlberg (1/1)   
    12:30        Thorbjorn Olesen (10/11)        Graeme Storm (5/4)   
    12:50        Nathan Kimsey (11/8)        Paul Waring (5/6)   
    13:10        Peter Uihlein (8/11)        Adrian Otaegui (13/8)   
By:
Catch Me ifyoucan
When: 01 Jul 17 13:36
Catch Me ifyoucan  • June 26, 2017 11:25 PM BST 
Open de France - RAHM - Molinari - Levy - R.Fisher - Sullivan

Pretty amazing to have my 5 picks all under-par and no MC on this course
By:
frames
When: 01 Jul 17 14:18
I think the 9th is the best par 5 in golf.
By:
titleist
When: 01 Jul 17 14:19
Pieters snapping his driver, what an absolute d1ck
By:
par
When: 01 Jul 17 14:20
Pieters shows his class.

Rifles another driver in water at 9, foul language, then snaps the driver.

Been bleating like a baby for most of the week to be fair.
By:
dlarssonf
When: 01 Jul 17 14:25
wtf is fleetwood wearing
By:
jedi sophie
When: 01 Jul 17 14:27
A did say RE Pieters...A big girl.Sad
By:
frames
When: 01 Jul 17 14:45
I have not played golf for a number of years so perhaps it's changed but if I had turned up to play dressed like Fleetwood I would of been asked to empty the bins on my way out.
By:
dlarssonf
When: 01 Jul 17 14:47
LaughLaugh exactly frames
Page 1 of 4  •  Previous 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | Next
sort by:
Show
per page

Post your reply

Text Format: Table: Smilies:
Forum does not support HTML
Insert Photo