Forums
Welcome to Live View – Take the tour to learn more
Start Tour
There is currently 1 person viewing this thread.
FRANKIETHETORY
24 Oct 16 22:40
| Topic/replies: 18,579 | Blogger: FRANKIETHETORY's blog
One of they events we see through the year where perhaps the bigger boys are elsewhere and there's an opportunity for a experienced pro to recapture some form or a younger player to make a breakthrough. To be honest you could draw a few bets out a hat here but I'll give it a go,

R Goosen 50/1
L List 66/1
C Percy 66/1
DA Points 150/1

Gl.
Pause Switch to Standard View Sanderson Farms Championship
Show More
Report Catch Me ifyoucan October 25, 2016 10:58 PM BST
THE Sanderson Farms Championship from The Country Club of Jackson - the third year as host venue with winning scores of -16 (Nick Taylor) and -18 (Peter Malnati) - A traditional tree lined course that you don't have to hit driver on every hole, stretching to 7,421 yds par 72 in the Magnolia State of Mississippi (southern hospitality at its finest in the Deep South).

Firm and fast conditions with a forecast for sunny and very warm conditions of 30° for the week on a clearly a pretty score able layout – last year the area had been hammered in the build-up by a deluge of Biblical proportions which necessitated a Monday finish - might not be a bad idea to focus on players with strong ties to the South-eastern United States as follows:

Russell HENLEY @33/1 is a Georgia native and UGA grad, Henley has a history of performing very well on Bermuda greens and is a proven winner. The slight concern is that he normally is at his best on par-70 or par-71 layouts.

Chris KIRK @14’s 6 pls in P.Poor is another UGA grad has arguably the most current class in the field. A decent ball-striker and good putter, he could very easily find himself in the mix.

After nearly winning the season opener (shoulda coulda woulda ffs) Patton KIZZIRE @18’s - Some Dog got 20’s, makes his second start of the 2016-17 season at the site of a T4 a year ago so current form meets history!

Another to possibly consider (just a maybe) is David TOMS @40’s – The LSU product and Louisiana native who turns 50 in January 2017, Toms has two top 10s in two tries here, including a T2 behind Malnati 12 months ago - "I really like this golf course," he said two years ago. "I played here in junior and collegiate golf but I had not obviously played this redo of the golf course. I was anxious to get here and see what it was all about and I think there's some nice changes." Give him the benefit of the doubt for a MC at the recent weather-lashed (soft and long) Safeway Open in California.

Also in the field is IRELAND’s Seamus Power (150/1) who’s play in 2016 on the Web.com Tour saw him finish ninth overall in their final standings with a victory in the United Leasing & Finance Championship along the way last May - the first Irishman to win at that level and all good enough come the final reckoning to earn a full PGA Tour card for this season.

Power's victory came at the expense of CODY GRIBBLE by one swing. Gribble 100/1 had a very promising effort last week in the Safeway Open. The PGA Tour rookie caught the eye as he put four very solid rounds together at the Silverado Resort in some pretty testing conditions on the way to an excellent T8 and just four shots behind winner Brendan Steele. What impressed in particular was his ability to keep a level head under pressure. Hailing from the University of Texas - like a certain Jordan Spieth – Cody is not the worst 100/1 shot in a tournament that has a habit of throwing up first-time winners.

Finally watch out for 'JJ' SPAUN @80’s with Bet said Fred – JJ was the 2015 PGA Mackenzie Tour Order of Merit winner (formerly the PGA Tour Canada) and the 26-year-old has been nominated for the 2016 Player of the Year award along with Grayson Murray & Wesley Bryann on the Web.com Tour where he ended up third on the money list. Spaun OWGR #144 from Los Angeles, notched seven top-10 finishes this year, including a playoff loss at the Air Capital Classic presented by Aetna in late June. Until late August, he was the highest-ranked player on the money list without a victory before he finally broke through and won the News Sentinel Open presented by Pilot. JJ is of Filipino descent from his mother's side, but can also claim Mexican ancestry, received a special exemption into the Northern Trust Open at Riviera CC in his hometown earlier this season.

http://www.accuweather.com/en/us/tougaloo-ms/39213/daily-weather-forecast/2160096

http://www.ccjackson.com/Golf.aspx

© CMiyc Devil
Report Catch Me ifyoucan October 26, 2016 2:23 PM BST
Some 3 ball betting and tee times.....

13:20 10th        Scott Stallings (16/11)        Stuart Appleby (21/10)        Derek Ernst (5/2)   
    13:51        Chris Kirk (6/5)        Ian Poulter (9/5)        Greg Chalmers (7/2)   
    18:05        Russell Henley (6/5)        Seung-Yul Noh (7/4)        Brendon Todd (4/1)   
    18:05        Graham Delaet (17/10)        Gonzalo F-Castano (15/8)        Steve Wheatcroft (12/5)   
    18:16        Boo Weekley (15/8)        Jerry Kelly (15/8)        Blayne Barber (2/1)   
    18:16        Matt Jones (11/10)        Jonathan Byrd (13/8)        Cameron Beckman (9/2)   
    18:26        David Toms (15/8)        Retief Goosen (2/1)        Peter Malnati (9/4)   
    18:26        Kevin Streelman (6/4)        Troy Merritt (11/5)        Nick Taylor (9/4)   
    18:37        Morgan Hoffmann (11/8)        Chesson Hadley (15/8)        Andres Romero (5/2)   
    18:37        Brendon De Jonge (7/5)        George McNeill (19/10)        John Rollins (11/4)   
    18:47        Patton Kizzire (9/10)        D A Points (12/5)        Charlie Wi (9/2)   
    18:58        Whee Kim (6/4)        Cheng Tsung Pan (9/5)        Michael Johnson (11/4)   

THE TOP 50 OWGR qualified for the WGC-HSBC Champions in Shanghai (Rors beats Hideki) so that leaves Chris Kirk #74 as the highest ranked player in this farmers field. Ian POULTER, on the comeback trail after sitting out five months with a foot injury, has nine starts left on a medical extension in his quest to secure a PGA TOUR card. David TOMS is one of six former major champions in the field, joined by Angel Cabrera, David Duval, Lucas Glover, Geoff Ogilvy and Retief Goosen. Otherwise it's a pis poor field with 45 of the 50 grads from the Web.com Tour entered. Yanks have won 19 of the past 21 tournaments in Mississippi and will most likely be a first-time winner.

39yo Geoff OGILVY, winner of a US Open and three WGC's, plans to take a one-time exemption for Top 50 on the Career Money List as his exemption from his eighth and most recent PGA TOUR victory ran out. OWGR #274 Ogilvy is at No. 28 on the Career Money List and the exemption is typically used late in a player's career as he moves closer to age 50 and PGA TOUR Champions eligibility. "This is really what it's for, to get you through a bad patch. What if I never need it again? Then you're asking, `Why didn't I take it?'" If he gets his game turned around, Ogilvy could easily move back into the Top 25 in Career Money and save that one-time exemption for another day. A MC 75,76 last week was not an ideal start "but I feel like I want to play a full, regular, normal year. My golf needs one of those" though Ogilvy said he would not fall into the trap of feeling as though he has to play every week because of the one-time exemption. Ogilvy is FIRST off the FIRST TEE at 1.20pm on Thursday.
Report Catch Me ifyoucan October 29, 2016 3:49 PM BST
No one is grumbling with CODY's career low bogey-free 9-under-par 30-33=63 in today's second round ! GRIBBLE's previous low in 23 career rounds was 66 (2015 Byron Nelson/R2). Pity the indifferent 1-over 73 start (four birdies, three bogeys and a double bogey-5).
Report FRANKIETHETORY October 29, 2016 10:31 PM BST
List looking like he will be fighting it out tomorrow! Nice looking call on Gribble, Catch Me ifyoucan. Kirk obviously in with a big shout too.

C'mon List though..Grin
Report Total Bosman October 30, 2016 7:27 PM GMT
The ever reliable Graham Delaet.
Report Jack_Kray October 30, 2016 7:45 PM GMT
If Delaet were a racehorse, he'd have a Timeform squiggle, and require blinkers, hood, and tongue strap, and still have to be nursed and cajoled over the line for a short head victory.
Report par October 30, 2016 9:20 PM GMT
I do hope Kizzire and pals are watching how this lad is getting the job done with minimum fuss.

It isnt that hard when you have an ounce of backbone.

Great to watch when they win like this.

Well done the kid.
Report FRANKIETHETORY October 30, 2016 9:34 PM GMT
Quality selection Catch Me ifyoucan. Well done.

Luke List a nice little ew for myself.
Report par October 30, 2016 9:35 PM GMT
a proper selection, well done
Report jedi sophie October 30, 2016 9:44 PM GMT
Great win for the lad,stand up hit the shots,move on..refreshing to see!
Report Hank Hill October 30, 2016 10:53 PM GMT
Another victory for a longhorn Grin
Report Catch Me ifyoucan November 1, 2016 10:50 PM GMT
Jordan Spieth ‏tweets "Congrats to Cody Gribble on a CLUTCH back nine and final round! We've seen it for years! Happy for you brother U Texas Golf."

CODY birdied five of his last eight holes, including three in a row at holes 15 through 17. He also played his last 56 holes with only a single bogey to pocket $756K and catapulted 243 spots from OWGR #448 to a career-high #205. The University of Texas alum (2013) and former teammate of Spieth at Texas Athletics - “Texas Longhorns” – 26-year-old Dallas native and resident does have experience winning championships – the 2012 NCAA Golf Champions. Spieth, in fact, caddied for Gribble in a U.S. Amateur qualifier 2007. The two often play together when they’re in town. This was just his 2nd start with his TOUR card and just his 8th start on the PGA Tour and the youngest left-handed player to win a PGA Tour event since Phil Mickelson.

GRIBBLE is signed to Hambric Sports - one of the most successful management companies in professional golf so will travel in the same plane with Dustbin and Brooks Koepka. David Winkle (President of Hambric Sports) is a 1984 graduate of the University of Texas, where he was a member of the golf team for two years while Blake Smith (Vice President), the son of renowned golf instructor Randy Smith, joined Hambric Sports in 2000, following his graduation from Texas Tech University.

hambricsports.com

Another signing is 6 ft 6” ADRIAN MERONK from Wroclaw, Poland. Adrian Meronk is Poland’s golfing superstar and in October 2016 decided that it was time to join the professional ranks of the game. The 23 year old signed off on his stellar amateur days at number eight in the Official World Golf Rankings (OWGR).
2016 has been a fantastic year with a T3 individual finish at the World Amateur Team Championships in Cancun, which was his last event as an amateur. Prior to this, Adrian shot a impressive -9 to take T9 spot at the European Amateur Golf Championships. He was also selected as an All-American which topped off a great final year as an amateur.
In June 2016, Meronk made headlines when he became the first Polish golfer to reach the British Amateur Championship quarterfinals. He was also the joint leading qualifier in the initial strokeplay stages of the tournament.
The man from Wroclaw once again made history in 2015 when he became the first Polish player to play in the Palmer Cup. He won three and a half points out of a possible four. He is now a two time Palmer cup player with an impressive record of 5-0-3 in his two appearances.

In the 2014 – 2015 golfing season, Adrian received All-American honours from PING and Golfweek, while also being selected to the PING All-Region Team. He was named SoCon Player of the Year, First Team All-Southern Conference and SoCon Player of the Month for April. As well as this he was inducted into the SoCon Academic Honour Roll and won the season-opening tournament at Inverness Intercollegiate whilst also earning co-medalist honours two weeks later at the Wolfpack Intercollegiate.

Adrian made his professional debut at the Alfred Dunhill Links Championship and finished in runner up spot in the Pro-Am competition with his partner Johan Eliasch. They shot an impressive -37 around Kingsbarns, Carnoustie and St. Andrews which left them only 1 behind the eventual winners. Adrian will head to European Tour Qualifying School Stage Two in Spain in early November, hoping to secure his European Tour card for the 2017 season. Best of Luck. Devil
Report Catch Me ifyoucan October 23, 2017 11:37 PM BST
ROLL ON 2017...

THE Sanderson Farms Championship 2017 from The Country Club of Jackson - the fourth year as host venue with winning scores of -16 from Nick Taylor, -18 by Peter Malnati & 20 under par from 100/1 shot CODY GRIBBLE (won by 4 swings) Devil

A traditional tree lined course that you don't have to hit driver on every hole, stretching to 7,421yds par 72 in the Magnolia State of Mississippi (southern hospitality at its finest in the Deep South). Firm and fast conditions with a mixed forecast for the week - a pleasant 22° to start but cloudy cooler with periods of rain and a thunderstorm forecast for Saturday. A very scoreable layout as the last three years have shown - might not be a bad idea again to focus on players with strong ties to South-eastern USA.

A PI55 POOR FIELD with over 45 graduates from the Web.com Tour - this wide open event may not interest too many ! (while the BIG boys are away in China).
Willy McGirt OWGR#75 is the highest ranked player in the field where quite a few make their Sanderson Farms debut incl Luke Donald, Tyler Duncan @55/1, Corey Conners, Harris English, newly enshrined World Golf Hall of Famer Davis Love III + 23yo son Dru Love, Cameron Tringale, Ted Potter, Denny McCarthy, Keith Mitchell @80's & 125/1 Talor Gooch are all worth a mention.

14/1 fav in 2016 - Chris KIRK is back after his T2 last year - a UGA grad & decent ball-striker/good putter, he could very easily find himself in the mix again after his reasonable season debut last week - @28/1, 7 pls,1/5 odds Korals is surely a no brainer chaps.

SO THEY BET.....
Chesson Hadley  20 18 16 20 16  20  14 21   
Jason Kokrak  18 22 18 20 20  25  18 23   
Chris Kirk  28 28 28 28 28  25  28 25   
Kevin Streelman  20 28 22 25 25  28  22 29   
Bronson Burgoon  33 25 33 25 28  28  33 31   
Ben Martin  25 33 33 28 33  28  20 33   
William McGirt  33 28 28 28 25  25  30 33
Austin Cook  28 40 40 33 33  28  35 37   
Jonathan Byrd  40 35 33 40 33  33  40 39
45's bar
Report Catch Me ifyoucan October 24, 2017 12:37 AM BST
Ancer Abraham 125
Byrd Jonathan 40
Connors Corey 80
Duncan Tyler 55
Easy to pick Potter Ted 70 Devil
Report donny osmond October 24, 2017 11:24 AM BST
Foolproof Cool
Report Catch Me ifyoucan October 24, 2017 1:49 PM BST
Top ranking WEBers this week...

#1 Peter Uihlein - not playing
#2 Abraham Ancer - 125/1
#3 Aaron Wise - 100/1

#4 Austin Cook - 40/1 the 26yo posted five T25s in seven PGA TOUR starts in 2015, narrowly missed out on graduating from the WEB last year, but made it easy this year (15th on the regular season money list). The Arkansas product brings a great mix of youth, performance, and PGA TOUR experience. Definitely, one to watch early and often when the 2017-18 PGA TOUR season kicks off.

#5 Beau Hossler - 140/1
#6 Tom Lovelady - 110/1
#7 Keith Mitchell - 80/1
#8 Adam Schenk - 200/1
#9 Sam Ryder - 150/1
#10 Andrew Putnam - 100/1
Report fish in chips October 24, 2017 2:40 PM BST
With 2 top 20s in his last 2 outings, perhaps Mr Mahan has started to remember which way to hold a golf club, which will be more than enough to take care of the rest of these cloggers. The Hunter will become the hunted.
Report stephaniebot October 24, 2017 9:27 PM BST
Playing the same hunch myself in my comp team, Mr Fish
Report MC Roller October 24, 2017 9:48 PM BST
Good going in the competition sb, hope you're winning a few quid.
Report Catch Me ifyoucan October 25, 2017 11:37 AM BST
This event has been a breeding ground for first-time winners - with 10 players having made the SFC their first PGA TOUR win -  six of the previous seven winners play this week joining 23 rookies - so expect some exciting golf from the NEW breed.

Gotta feel bad for HUNTER MAHAN who has had a steady downfall over the past few years and could really use a big win. Playing on Past Champions status meaning starts will be tough to come by this year after losing his PGA TOUR card. He has what it takes when he puts it all together (6-time TOUR winner). He needs a top-10 finish if not more to help him jumpstart his year and mental confidence. Mahan ranks tied for 4th in GIR so far this year.

Jonathan Randolph is a native and local boy from nearby Brandon, Mississippi, playing his third stint on the PGA TOUR (also 2014-15 & 2016-17 campaigns). Hasn't found anything better than a T65 since the venue switched to the CC of Jackson. The 2017 Wells Fargo was his first (and still his only) top-10 finish on TOUR.

Some more notable Rookies to watch.....

Tyler Duncan is a Purdue graduate is looking to get off to another good start this week in Mississippi after posting a T5 finish in his first event, the Safeway Open. He played his way up from the PGA TOUR Latinoamerica circuit and secured his PGA TOUR card by finishing 15th in the Web.com Tour Finals rankings. 

Brandon Harkins, the big hitter finished T9 at the Safeway Open three weeks ago. This week marks just his third start on the PGA TOUR. While on the Web.com Tour last year he collected four top-10 finishes with a 2nd and 3rd place finish to boot. He is ranked fourth in strokes gained putting on the PGA TOUR this year.

Sam Ryder 150/1 has a Pinnacle Bank Championship victory to his name on the Web.com Tour finishing that season with 10 top-25 finishes and ranked first in total driving. If he can continue to hit fairways this week I think he could make some noise. 

Keith Mitchell 80/1 posted six top-10 finishes this year on the Web.com Tour and received his PGA TOUR card after posting back-to-back sixth-place finishes in the Web.com Tour Finals. His big highlight on the big stage was a T11 at last year's Valspar but he missed the cut in his season debut (Safeway Open).  
Report Catch Me ifyoucan October 25, 2017 11:27 PM BST
Luke Donald George McNeil & Daniel Chopra will give the SFC a skip
Report Catch Me ifyoucan October 25, 2017 11:44 PM BST
In fact Sweden’s Daniel Chopra tees it up at the Pondok Indah Golf Course in the Indonesia Open where Indian Gaganjeet Bhullar @6/1 should spice things up.
Report Mighty Whites 2008 October 29, 2017 2:55 PM GMT
40 something journey man Ryan Armour chasing his first win on tour takes a five shot lead in to the final round - what could possibly go wrong?

Also in the final group is monday qualifier Scott Strohmeyer. Strohmeyer actually had to pre qualify for the qualifier, has no status on any tour and has never played an event before with OWGR points!
Report Catch Me ifyoucan October 29, 2017 6:30 PM GMT
#21 Ryan Armour Strokes Gained Rank: 11th Age: 34
If you blinked you might have missed him last year on the PGA TOUR. The 41-year-old didn't find a top 25 until the final event of the regular season (T4 at the Wyndham). It was the fourth top 10 of his career as he eclipsed the 100 start checkpoint on the PGA TOUR. Has proven he can pop on occasion but he's posted back-to-back top 25s just twice in his career on the PGA TOUR. Good luck guessing when his "form" will arrive.
Report Catch Me ifyoucan October 29, 2017 7:59 PM GMT
First-round co-leader and second-round leader (after opening with 66-68) Ryan Armour (correct age is 41) added a 67, tying the low round of the day with Shawn Stefani, in the third round to post 15-under and good enough for the 54-hole lead by five over Chesson Hadley

The three-time Web.com Tour grad is a 54-hole leader on TOUR for the first time and is chasing his maiden title in his 105th career start. Ryan's career bests are solo 4th at the 2007 Mayakoba Golf Classic and at last season's Wyndham where he was a 36-hole co-leader, Armour would post 72-64 over the weekend to finish T4. The Ohio State product and World #321 posted a cumulative 1.548 putts per GIR to be No.1 in that stat.

ROOTING for Ireland's SEAMUS POWER for a strong last 6 six holes to bag a nice cheque (T6 would be great) Devil
Report Catch Me ifyoucan October 30, 2017 3:52 PM GMT
Ryan Armour posts 19-under 269, good for a five-shot victory over runner-up and playing competitor Chesson Hadley (68), and his first PGA TOUR title in his 105th career start. With the win, the Web.com Tour grad nets 300 FedExCup points, a two-year exemption, and invites to the 2018 Tournament of Champions, PLAYERS, and PGA Championship.
Report Catch Me ifyoucan October 22, 2018 6:31 PM BST
ROLL ON 2018...

THE Sanderson Farms Championship 2018 from The Country Club of Jackson

This event has been a breeding ground for first-time winners
Report Catch Me ifyoucan October 23, 2018 8:46 PM BST
BACK TO The Country Club of Jackson for the fifth year as host. The SFI is Mississippi’s only PGA TOUR event - another PI55 POOR FIELD of 132 players with a sh1te load of graduates from the Web.com Tour. The last four winners were huge odds. 2014 - Nick Taylor 250/1, 2015 - Peter Malnati 175/1, 2016 - Cody Gribble 100/1, 2017 - Ryan Armour 100/1

Must have a closer look at the top ranking WEBers this week !..... IM is the obvious choice but too low to interest me. South African Frittelli @33's, Aussie Cameron Davis 40's + Adam Schenk 45's.....and a great putter on these bermuda grass greens - the 2015 winner PETER MALNATI could easily do so again @50/1, But 29yo WES ROACH is your 150/1 winner tyvm. CHAAAAARRGE !!! Devil

Wes Roach 150/1
Sungjae Im 25/1
Aaron Baddeley 28/1
Patrick Rodgers 28/1
Ryan Armour 28/1
Lucas Glover 30/1

http://www.accuweather.com/en/us/tougaloo-ms/39213/daily-weather-forecast/2160096
http://www.ccjackson.com/Golf.aspx

CMiyc Devil
Report Catch Me ifyoucan October 23, 2018 8:54 PM BST
+ Georgia Tech's 27yo Seth Reeves 200/1 too.
Report Catch Me ifyoucan October 23, 2018 9:06 PM BST
FRL - Kyoung Hoon Lee 150/1, Joey Garber FRL 250's.
Report Catch Me ifyoucan October 23, 2018 9:07 PM BST
350's & 500/1 to win
Report Total Bosman October 23, 2018 10:30 PM BST
Given the enormous perks of winning a PGA Tour event a woeful field, but a huge opportunity for someone to have a life-changing week.  Just wonder how many of the mid-ranked guys who weren't good enough for China but think themselves too good for this will be scrambling for the points to keep their jobs next summer when they could have scooped up some easy ones this week.
Report Catch Me ifyoucan October 24, 2018 3:09 PM BST
Total Bosman • October 23, 2018 10:30 PM BST..... Just wonder how many of the mid-ranked guys [i]who weren't good enough for China, but think themselves too good for this, will be scrambling for the points to keep their jobs next summer, when they could have scooped up some easy ones this week.
[/i]

No surprise that Tiger (who is qualified for the WGC-HSBC Champions) is not making the long journey to CHINA (Woods has played here twice but has not since 2010).
He joins a long list of talent that pass on the challenge - including Thomas, Spieth, Fowler, DeChambeau, Bubba, Webb Simpson, Mickelson, Stenson, Leishman, Sergio, Kisner, Oosthuizen, Berger, Wise, Woodland & Kuchar.
Presume any others did not qualify, incl the mid-ranked guys.

See OWGR #58 Pat Perez only got into China as 5th reserve (along with OWGR #160 Sihwan Kim 7th reserve, who was the last man in) http://www.europeantour.com/europeantour/season=2018/tournamentid=2018086/teetimes/index.html

My fancy FRITTELLI was 10th reserve (and third-next-in to play).

OWGR #55 Si Woo KIM 11th, OWGR #106 Austin COOK 12th, OWGR #68 Ryan MOORE 17th & OWGR #63 Chesson HADLEY 18th - their reserve CUT OFF positions for CHINA (and not playing this week).
Report Total Bosman October 24, 2018 8:34 PM BST
Taken a wild punt on Brady Schnell at 1000.  2nd on the Web last year in putting, 36th in driving accuracy and that's been the sort of blueprint for success round here.  Not shown much since winning in June, but let's be honest, anyone who knows which end of the club to hold should be better than 1000 in this field.
Report Catch Me ifyoucan October 24, 2018 9:22 PM BST
TB, like the golfer who'd been slicing his driver off the tee.

In despair he asks his long suffering caddy, "can you see any obvious problem ?"
Caddy: "I think there's a heap of sh1te on the end of your driver."
The golfer picks up his driver, looks at the clubhead and says, "I don't see anything."
Caddy: "the other end."
Report Catch Me ifyoucan October 24, 2018 10:05 PM BST
FOUR PLAYERS make the long trek back from South Korea (last weeks' THE CJ CUP) to Mississippi - Brian STUARD, Kyoung-Hoon LEE, Sungjae IM, and defending Sanderson champ 42yo Ryan ARMOUR. (Jet-lag, another reason that IM is not of interest to me this week).

Hunter Mahan reclaimed his Tour card through the Web.com Tour Finals, as did former US Open winner Lucas GLOVER (5th here in 2016) - along with Bill Haas, Kevin Streelman & Chris Kirk, they add some quality to the field of 21 rookies this week.

Sponsor exemptions at Sanderson are a who’s who of college golf - Stanford's Maverick McNEALY, the former #1 ranked amateur - 2018 Ben Hogan Award winner Doug GHIM, who played for Texas - Norman XIONG who won the Haskins and Nicklaus Awards while at the University of Oregon.
Report therhino October 24, 2018 10:29 PM BST
Nicholas Lindheim for me, 23rd and 7th in 2 starts here and finished the web.com season in strong form. 130 on here whereas best bookie price is 55-1. Bit of value for an interest.
Report Catch Me ifyoucan October 25, 2018 1:01 AM BST
#24 Brady Schnell 2018 Strokes Gained Rank: 22 Age: 33
The Nebraska Cornhusker owns a career record of 50-for-108 on the Web.com circuit. He had never finished better than 57th on the money list before this year. That all changed with some Midwest home-cooking at the Wichita Open, winning the event to secure his PGA TOUR status. I wouldn't expect week-to-week consistency but maybe we want to circle the John Deere Classic or 3M Open as potential Midwest stops for him to pop.

#17 Nicholas Lindheim Strokes Gained Rank: 13th Age: 33
The late bloomer has gone 23-for-48 in his PGA TOUR career. He's picked up just one top 10 along the way. Similar to a lot of the guys on this list, his game relies too heavily on the flat stick, making him a boom-or-bust pick from week-to-week. He's shorter than average off the tee and also less accurate than average. Most concerning is 5 WDs in 48 career starts. Also three WDs down on the Web circuit. You have to either question his health or his heart, bowing out of so many events, mid-event. This is the third straight year that he's earned his card through the Web.com Tour.
Report therhino October 25, 2018 3:17 PM BST
Custom bet on Sam Burns to back up Lindheim who sounds like a right flog above Scared
Report Mighty Whites 2008 October 25, 2018 7:35 PM BST
cody gribble won here in 2016 since then he has missed the cut 32 times in 50 events
Report Mighty Whites 2008 October 25, 2018 7:36 PM BST
cody gribble won here in 2016 since then he has missed the cut 32 times in 50 events
Report Total Bosman October 25, 2018 8:12 PM BST
Would have taken me a lot of goes to arrive at Champ on such a non-bomber course.
Report Catch Me ifyoucan October 25, 2018 10:15 PM BST
TB,
He ranks number #3 after IM and Sam Burns in some books.
#3 Cameron Champ 2018 Strokes Gained Rank: 4 Age: 23
This masher is known for his extreme distance and led the Web.com Tour in driving distance (342 yards !!! omg). That yielded a win and four other T10's (just four missed cuts - 3 in the last 13 weeks). His game is perfectly suited to dominate on the wedge-dot-com Tour, but will he be able to bomb-and-gouge the PGA TOUR setups? Scrambling, in particular, is where I think the PGA TOUR becomes tougher for him. The evidence is not stacking up in his favour as he went just 1-for-6 on the big stage last year. He lost strokes approaching-the-green in all five of his Shot Link starts and his only Web win came in altitude in Utah. A world of upside but still needs a lot of polish. I think the best case scenario may be a 2018 Keith Mitchell-like season for Champ, but a more realistic scenario is probably a Brandon Hagy-like start to his career. Champ is someone I see being overhyped to start the season and I think he'll eventually live up to that hype. Will that happen this season or a few years down the road?..... It's all happening now for him in Mississippi it seems, as he gained 2.067 strokes off-the-tee today, bombing nine drives over 300 yards on a cool rainy day at the Country Club and from there, he pelted 16 greens in regulation (+2.310 strokes gained on approach). Cameron makes his ninth career start on the PGA TOUR and this is his first lead after any round. His previously low position was T8 after 36 holes of the 2017 US Open. Champ posted five T10's on the Web.com Tour last year, including a win at the Utah Championship. Another first-time winner stat like my boy Gribble? Devil
Report Total Bosman October 25, 2018 10:30 PM BST
Certainly be interesting to see how his game adapts to the tour, like you say could go either way but got the potential to absolutely some destroy courses off the tee.  Knew he'd make an impact at some point, didn't expect it to be here.
Report lewisham ranger October 26, 2018 9:52 PM BST
champ I notice has quite bad skin with acne, could be a sign of hormonal abuse.

you have to wonder how far he hits it off the tee if he's juicing.
Report Total Bosman October 26, 2018 11:17 PM BST
That's a bit of a stretch but but then any time anyone goes a long way beyond what others are doing in a sport you've got to raise an eyebrow.  Be interesting to keep an eye on his numbers off the tee this year.
Report Mighty Whites 2008 October 27, 2018 2:53 PM BST
Think the long bombers are the future particularly in America. Over the next few years there will be more and more coming out on tour who hit it miles.
Report Mighty Whites 2008 October 27, 2018 3:05 PM BST
Trey Mullineux was longest on the pga last year, there were ten players who hit it further on the web.com last season
Report Total Bosman October 27, 2018 3:51 PM BST
According to the site Rory got it by a yard, he was on 319.8, Trey on 318.7.  By comparison on the Web Champ was 343.1, next best 333.7.

The gap between the PGA and Web could be mostly explained by the courses they play as you need to go down to 102nd on the list to find a guy under 300 yards, interesting to see how Champ's numbers change on the PGA.  For comparison, Brehm had a season on the big tour in 2017 and averaged 310, hit 325 last year on the Web. 

From the point of view of what Lewisham suggested the eyebrow raiser was the 10 yards between Champ and Matthews in second (with 5 more back to third).  If someone on the PGA was 10 full yards ahead of everyone on else on average there would be a lot of questions asked- and even chopping 15 yards off Champ from the Brehm comparison, he's still 11 ahead of Rory.
Report Mighty Whites 2008 October 27, 2018 6:06 PM BST
Interesting to see how Norman gets on this weekend, missed every cut as a pro thus far but was highly regarded as an amateur and only 19 years old.
Report Total Bosman October 27, 2018 6:25 PM BST
Another kid with a big reputation.  The rate these youngsters are coming through veterans like Jordan, JT and Rahmbo better not rest on their laurels.
Report Catch Me ifyoucan October 27, 2018 7:48 PM BST
Norman ’The Panda’ Xiong would be the second youngest player to win on the modern PGA TOUR should he win on Sunday - a day older than title holder Jordan Spieth (2013 John Deere Classic @19 years, 11 months & 17 days) - shoulda could woulda Devil

https://www.golfchannel.com/article/ryan-lavner/oregons-norman-xiong-golfs-n...
Report Catch Me ifyoucan October 27, 2018 7:48 PM BST

Devil
Report Catch Me ifyoucan October 27, 2018 7:49 PM BST

*Devil
Report jedi sophie October 27, 2018 8:50 PM BST
This kid can play..
Great heads up lads..

Fairly ridiculous to just brand him a drug cheat with zero information saying he is, it's all speed ,power, lag and timing from what little I've seen.

Hope he hoses up.
Report Total Bosman October 27, 2018 9:25 PM BST
Well, he's coped pretty well with his first 36 hole lead, let's see how he gets on with a 54 hole lead.
Report Total Bosman October 27, 2018 9:33 PM BST
Unlike young Norman, not quite the real deal yet.  May have turned pro a tad early.
Report jedi sophie October 27, 2018 10:00 PM BST
In different ball park to him alright...
Think he's played better golf than some of these turkeys in China...

Very very impressive.
Report lewisham ranger October 27, 2018 10:28 PM BST
very impressive from champ he looks very composed, hope for his sakes he can get it done.

dire event in terms of quality and really a glorified web.com event anyway. and champ has won those before.

no idea if he is doping or not but he's awful long. doubt pga tour does much about dopers. some of the other guys at the top i'm slightly suspicious of as well.

what mighty was saying I concur with, game is set up for bombers now. essentially when you look at those guys in the long drive competitions they are hitting it 400 yards, but have little skill otherwise. if you have a guy who is nearly as long as they are off the tee (champ) but is much more skilful in other facets of the game, then you have the future of the game.
Report lewisham ranger October 27, 2018 10:31 PM BST
I know they have introduced blood testing to the pga tour, but do you think they would kick out a top player if he was found to be juicing? Confused

even Vijay got away with that deer antler thing when he ended up suing them, that was ridiculous. Vijay not particularly long off the tee either.
Report Mighty Whites 2008 October 28, 2018 11:59 AM GMT
disappointing finish from Norman 11 under with five to go including two birdie chances and a car crash finish - he wont be making me rich this week. He was a bit unlucky with the lost ball but fell apart after that.

If a player was caught taking performance enhancing drugs they would have to be banned I can't see any reason why the tour wouldn't at the end of the day it is cheating.

Not sure I get the link between champ and peds, It is not as if he is physically huge as jedi says above its just good fundamentals.
Report Mighty Whites 2008 October 28, 2018 11:59 AM GMT
disappointing finish from Norman 11 under with five to go including two birdie chances and a car crash finish - he wont be making me rich this week. He was a bit unlucky with the lost ball but fell apart after that.

If a player was caught taking performance enhancing drugs they would have to be banned I can't see any reason why the tour wouldn't at the end of the day it is cheating.

Not sure I get the link between champ and peds, It is not as if he is physically huge as jedi says above its just good fundamentals.
Report Mighty Whites 2008 October 28, 2018 12:02 PM GMT
Vijay not particularly long off the tee either.

Vijay was the original bomb and gouge artist and in many ways had the blueprint for the modern golfer.

Back in 2004 when he won 9 times he was averaging 300 plus off the tee.
Report Mighty Whites 2008 October 28, 2018 6:38 PM GMT
Champ not looking so champion today

Also broke his driver on the range playing with a replacement
Report Total Bosman October 28, 2018 6:38 PM GMT
Squeak squeak.
Report Mighty Whites 2008 October 28, 2018 6:58 PM GMT
Connors has never won a pro event could see someone coming from the pack and stealing this
Report Total Bosman October 28, 2018 7:00 PM GMT
Albertson quietly threatening.
Report lewisham ranger October 28, 2018 7:05 PM GMT
conners looks good so far. but he looks too smug and assured of himself for me.

champ still got a chance.
Report lewisham ranger October 28, 2018 7:06 PM GMT
this kid champ is awful and his body language is all wrong.
Report Total Bosman October 28, 2018 7:07 PM GMT
Meyer close on the par 5, pretty wide open now.
Report lewisham ranger October 28, 2018 7:08 PM GMT
no experience and lacking confidence in himself. like a poor mans tony finau.

don't like conners but this is there for the taking for him.
Report par October 28, 2018 7:29 PM GMT
a chokers day oot here
Report Hank Hill October 28, 2018 8:31 PM GMT
cracking shot from connors
Report Hank Hill October 28, 2018 8:43 PM GMT
Didn't make the most of it
Report Total Bosman October 28, 2018 8:55 PM GMT
Wow.  Some turnaround from Champ after being up against it, most impressive.
Report Total Bosman October 28, 2018 9:23 PM GMT
Absolutely clutch back 9.
Report Total Bosman October 28, 2018 9:35 PM GMT
Looking forward to his 500 yard drives at Kapalua.
Report jedi sophie October 28, 2018 10:06 PM GMT
What a back 9..
Cracked driver deep affected him starting out.
Played some superb shots at death,clutch...

He can play even if didn't show it front nine.
Report lewisham ranger October 28, 2018 10:33 PM GMT
I take it back about champ, very impressive back nine.

this game is crying out for a superstar to come through. as good as the likes of Spieth, mcilroy, Koepka etc are, they aren't a tiger or a jack. about time someone with that kind of star quality emerged and this guy could well be the one. certainly has the credentials.

by the way as far as the length thing goes, I didn't realize he had black heritage. that might explain the prodigious power off the tee. I have a theory that black people make better athletes, hardly any of them play the game and the ones that do are at the top, tiger, tony etc. so you can get your natural power just from that.
Report Catch Me ifyoucan October 29, 2018 6:07 PM GMT
Jeze.....can’t wait for this event next year !

CM iyc Devil
Report Catch Me ifyoucan September 18, 2019 12:11 PM BST
BACK TO THE Country Club of Jackson in Mississippi again this year.

Previously played as an opposite event, the Sanderson Farms Championship now has the stage to itself with a full quota of FedExCup points on offer.
Cameron Champ won last year in just his second event as a PGA TOUR member.
Its history - under different guises - stretches back to 1968 although Country Club of Jackson (which opened in 1914) was used for the first time in 2015.

Sungjae Im, Cameron Champ (DC), Jason Dufner, Frittelli, Glover, Grillo, Hoffman, Zach Johnson, Luke List, Joaquin Niemann, Reavie, Sneds, Streelman.

Past winners at Country Club of Jackson
2018/9 (-21, 267) Cameron Champ – 1st PGA TOUR win
2017/8 (-19, 269) Ryan Armour – 1st PGA TOUR win
2016/7 (-20, 268) Cody Gribble – 1st PGA TOUR win
2015/6 (-18, 270) Peter Malnati – 1st PGA TOUR win
2014/5 (-16, 272) Nick Taylor – 1st PGA TOUR win

The best tournament for first-time winners on the PGA TOUR!
My man Champ kept the streak going last year with a dominant four-shot win. Devil
Report drive for show putt for dough September 22, 2019 12:19 PM BST
Not sure I have ever seen a weaker field for a regular season event.

A rather impressive return by seamus power on saturday morning
Report johnnythebull September 22, 2019 10:58 PM BST
clutch putt from Munoz for birdie on 18 to get into p/off..Im went 1.09
Report Hank Hill September 22, 2019 11:05 PM BST
It was clutch - I'll be gutted for Im if he doesn't get his win though - been knocking on the door a good while
Report johnnythebull September 22, 2019 11:08 PM BST
be 1st win for either
Report Hank Hill September 22, 2019 11:09 PM BST
yep. Kicking myself for not laying An low though - normally an auto play for me :(
Report Hank Hill September 22, 2019 11:11 PM BST
Poor from Munoz after seeing what Im had done
Report johnnythebull September 22, 2019 11:13 PM BST
Munoz opening the door there
Report Hank Hill September 22, 2019 11:15 PM BST
tbf nice chip
Report johnnythebull September 22, 2019 11:15 PM BST
nice chip tho
Report johnnythebull September 22, 2019 11:18 PM BST
pretty good from Im needs a good putt
Report Hank Hill September 22, 2019 11:18 PM BST
horrible putt Sad