Forums
Welcome to Live View – Take the tour to learn more
Start Tour
There is currently 1 person viewing this thread.
par
02 Oct 16 17:03
| Topic/replies: 7,965 | Blogger: par's blog
shows real class not to flash a rude gesture at that clown whipping the inbreds into a frenzy
Show More
Report par October 2, 2016 6:40 PM BST
The wee man giving the natives the message
Report differentdrum October 2, 2016 8:26 PM BST
Shame he hasn't shown that much class in getting the point Clarke was counting on. Has looked the weak link.
Report 1st time poster October 2, 2016 8:38 PM BST
boy wonder got to nvolved with the crowd played shoite for the last 8 holes,could end up with the worst score of the day
Report Racingqueen October 2, 2016 8:42 PM BST
Hes made a t**t of himself this weekend reacting to the crowd
Report differentdrum October 2, 2016 8:42 PM BST
All the rest of the top order actually stepping up and competing. Shocking stuff from our supposed best player.
Report sickoflayinwinners October 2, 2016 8:44 PM BST
I've nevervseen such a disparity  on the greens between two teams. the europeans missed everything from 5 ft and the yanks hole everything from 25ft.
Report loui October 2, 2016 8:46 PM BST
He's lost his head out there,
Report sickoflayinwinners October 2, 2016 9:00 PM BST
rory would almost deffo have beaten anyone else.
Report differentdrum October 2, 2016 9:02 PM BST
Has a commentator ever criticised Rory? The only surprise was that he made it to the 18th. It was vital he won that match and he blew it.
Report 1st time poster October 2, 2016 9:04 PM BST
exactly sick we knew they,d put reed out 1st and should have put him against kaymer,fitz etc,but boy wonder wanted to be the macho man and failed
Report sickoflayinwinners October 2, 2016 9:13 PM BST
its tough tho, if they been ahead thats what they'd have done but with  a deficit they had to try and get up early and rory is their best player, if reed had shot a 68 69  rory would have won cosily and  everyone says its the right thing to do.i think  westwood willet and kaymer have just not played well  enough and whilst it may still  end up being fairly close we've just not recovered from a really poor first session.rose has hit the  ball as well  as ever but  putted worse than almost every one.
Report sickoflayinwinners October 2, 2016 9:14 PM BST
the yanks have barely missed a putt inside 8 ft and the euros hardly made one.
Report par October 2, 2016 9:18 PM BST
no one would have beaten Reed.

Why put yer main man out against him.

sacrfice Westwood or Kaymer cos they were odds gainst whoever they played.

Rory would have beaten anyone else.
Report sickoflayinwinners October 2, 2016 9:31 PM BST
par, the fact they were so far behind meant if they were to win  reed would probably have to lose  and rory was the best chance of beating him.i see nothing wrong in putting rory out first and oddly enough nobody said this when rory was winning  eh ?
/
Report xmoneyx October 2, 2016 9:31 PM BST
good pt par
Report sickoflayinwinners October 2, 2016 9:32 PM BST
amazing how micklesons only one up having holed 100 yards of putts.
Report pan07 October 2, 2016 9:33 PM BST
they were 3 points behind you can't throw points away.needed a fckin miracle westwood  should have gone first
Report sickoflayinwinners October 2, 2016 9:33 PM BST
if west had  holed that  tiddler last night they may just have eked out a tie
Report 1st time poster October 2, 2016 9:34 PM BST
your doing the mckinley ,monty spin a points a point whether you win the last 7 or 1st 7
Report sickoflayinwinners October 2, 2016 9:34 PM BST
then westwood would have lost instead he looks like winning so what earthly good would losing to reed instead of winning done . ifs
Report 1st time poster October 2, 2016 9:35 PM BST
willets putting grip looks like its been designed by jim furyk in the dark,wtf that how do you expect to hold putts with that grip , must have got lucky at the masters
Report sickoflayinwinners October 2, 2016 9:36 PM BST
rose needing the putt  leaves it short ifs
Report par October 2, 2016 9:37 PM BST
Reed was 1 point the same as the rest.

Rory was 1/2 against anyone else.

It mattered not, Willett, Kaymer and Westwood  were liabilities all week.

It looked all year like their team was weak and so it proved.

As for Rose, I could putt better than him.
Report 1st time poster October 2, 2016 9:37 PM BST
ffs rose,your 3 ft short, hit the chucking thing,cant you see the other players banging the back of the hole,its ridiculous
Report par October 2, 2016 9:37 PM BST
A scunner for Rory top euro points backers, I weep for them.
Report pan07 October 2, 2016 9:37 PM BST
we would lose same a now pmslGrinGrinLaughLaugh
Report crystalhunt October 2, 2016 9:49 PM BST
differentdrum 02 Oct 16 20:42
All the rest of the top order actually stepping up and competing. Shocking stuff from our supposed best player.

You think McIlroy isn't our best player? He's the best player in the world IMO. You can't criticise McIlroy's performance this week or today. He's played his heart out and was beaten today by someone playing out of their skin.
Report par October 2, 2016 9:55 PM BST
Rory played great all week.
Report MC Roller October 2, 2016 9:55 PM BST
Agree entirely crystal.

Well done to Patrick Reed, superb golf this week, very well played.
Report sickoflayinwinners October 2, 2016 9:58 PM BST
summed up perfectly crystal. mckilroy played really well and just caught a tartar
Report jimeen October 2, 2016 10:03 PM BST
Mcilroy played very well , he can be proud of the way he performed. With Clarke at the helm , he was always fighting an uphill battle.
Report 1st time poster October 2, 2016 10:03 PM BST
a tartar that he didnt have to play,is what we,re saying its like arsenal choosing to play chelsea when watford,s on offer
Report kjansch October 2, 2016 11:17 PM BST
blew it on the 1st of the holes he lost...he lost the plot after.
Reed opened the door wide and McIlroy hit three poor shots to lose a hole Reed was giving him every chance at.
Report Poppydog. October 2, 2016 11:24 PM BST
Hole 8 today one of the highlights of the golfing year.

Rory v Reed was immense and riveting sport
Report differentdrum October 3, 2016 2:59 PM BST
It seems as if Rory fans are in some sort of imaginary world.

Perhaps you should take a look at the actual scorecard.

From the 9th onwards McIlroy made one birdie (18th) and dropped shots at three holes. So he played the last 10 holes in +2. That's dire, not brilliant and also suggests that Reed, if he was playing that well, should have finished the game off sooner. As it was he opened the door on several occasions and McIlroy produced one poor shot after another.

Based on his scoring the idea that McIlroy could have beaten anyone else is a ludicrous presumption.

His point was vital to making any sort of challenge and he wasn't good enough.

As for his histrionics that probably just inspired the US even more and McIlroy probably achieved the near impossible of making himself almost as unpopular as Monty.
Report geordie1956 October 3, 2016 3:29 PM BST
the best game by far was sergio against mickelson - 18 birdies in the match - sergio bogey free & only half a point gained

as diff.. has said it was an ordinary performance by mcilroy after the 8th hole

overall the best team won comfortably
Report Catch Me ifyoucan September 27, 2018 1:35 AM BST
McIlroy's pre-2010 notion that these Ryder Cup matches are just 'an exhibition' is now very different after having played in juts one - he tees it up first on Friday morning (5/1 - Rose 13/8) in his fifth appearance.
Our wee Rory has come a long way since and obviously hopes to play a key role in Europe's fight to regain the Cup, boasting a 9-6-4 record (in all three formats - he's 4-3-1 in foursomes, 3-2-2 in fourballs, 2-1-1 in singles). He has twice played all five matches but needs a new partner in crime this time around (played 3, won 3 with Thomas Pieters)
.....so step forward Johnny Rambo Devil
Report Catch Me ifyoucan September 11, 2019 7:07 PM BST
2019 PGA TOUR Player of the Year

McIlroy opened the 2019 calendar year with top-sixes in his first 5 starts before winning THE PLAYERS for his 15th career PGA TOUR victory - after one start in 2018 - WGC-HSBC Champions. He became only the third player to win THE PLAYERS, a Major, the FedEx Cup and a World Golf Championships event in a career, joining Tiger Woods and Henrik Stenson.

Six starts later, McIlroy made his tournament debut at the RBC Canadian Open, where he set the tournament record and won by seven shots, the largest winning margin of the season.
Three of McIlroy’s 14 top-10 finishes came at WGC events: Mexico Championship/2nd, Dell Technologies Match Play/T9 and FedEx St. Jude Invitational/T4.
McIlroy ended the PGA TOUR Regular Season at No #2 in the FedEx Cup standings, claiming second place in the inaugural Wyndham Rewards Top 10, a $10 million bonus pool split among the T10 finishers in the FedEx Cup Regular Season.

McIlroy entered the TOUR Championship at No #5 in the FedEx Cup standings. With rounds of 66-67-68-66, McIlroy won the TOUR Championship and hoisted the FedEx Cup for the second time in his career.
Report Catch Me ifyoucan November 3, 2019 11:52 AM GMT
OWGR No.1 watch:
Rory’s win in China brought him close to ~1.08p behind Brooks at No.1.
With Rory expected to play only Dubai before year end, even if that event will be worth 60+ #OWGR points, it will still be mathematically impossible for him to catch Brooks this year...Devil
Report Catch Me ifyoucan November 3, 2019 9:22 PM GMT
RORY joins DJ with 'Most PGA Tour wins since beginning of 2010'...

Rory McIlroy - 18
Dustin Johnson - 18
Jason Day - 12
Bubba Watson - 12
Tiger - 11 (82 total)
Spieth - 11
Thomas - 11
Report Catch Me ifyoucan November 4, 2019 1:10 PM GMT
RORY's Best Performances Devil

Dubai Desert Classic 2009

Quail Hollow Championship 2010

US OPEN CHAMPIONSHIP 2011

94th PGA CHAMPIONSHIP 2012
Deutsche Bank Championship 2012
BMW Championship 2012
DP World Tour Championship 2012

143rd OPEN CHAMPIONSHIP 2014
96th PGA CHAMPIONSHIP 2014
WGC - Bridgestone Invitational 2014
BMW PGA Championship 2014

WGC - Cadillac Match Play 2015
DP World Tour Championship, Dubai 2015
Wells Fargo Championship 2015

Deutsche Bank Championship 2016
TOUR Championship 2016

Arnold Palmer Invitational 2018

THE PLAYERS Championship 2019
TOUR Championship 2019
WGC - HSBC Champions 2019
Report Catch Me ifyoucan November 4, 2019 1:11 PM GMT
in OWRG pts
Report Catch Me ifyoucan November 4, 2019 1:31 PM GMT
Rory first entered the OWGR T50 (after T2 at the UBS Hong Kong Open) on November 24th 2008..... The Dubai Desert Classic was his first European Tour title as a 20yo back in 2009.
Report Catch Me ifyoucan November 5, 2019 10:19 PM GMT
https://read.nxtbook.com/global_golf_post/global_golf_post/20191104/mair_col.html?utm_source=t.co&utm_medium=referral

MOVING TO LONDON (as a base May to Oct) - but first, it's Christmas in Ireland (after Dubai event) and Florida to start the new year Devil
Report Catch Me ifyoucan November 13, 2019 12:09 PM GMT
Rory McIlroy has become the youngest player ever to spend 500 weeks inside the top-10 on the Official World Rankings.
Report Catch Me ifyoucan November 24, 2019 1:03 PM GMT
ENDS 2019 season now vowing not to touch his clubs until the New Year..... Home to Belfast for Christmas as OWGR No. 2 ends his year 4th in Dubai.
Report keynes November 24, 2019 4:12 PM GMT
I dont care what accolades this guy has. When he went eye to eye with Brooks earlier in year, he wilted embarrassingly. For punters, he is impossible to follow, and thats presumably what befair participants care a lot about
Post Your Reply
<CTRL+Enter> to submit
Please login to post a reply.

Wonder

Instance ID: 13539
www.betfair.com