Forums
There is currently 1 person viewing this thread.
Can't Catch Me
25 Jul 16 08:09
| Topic/replies: 28,246 | Blogger: Can't Catch Me's blog
Majors coming thick and fast.... He we go again Happy

I'm leaving all the big four out this week. Just don't think this test will suit McIlroy or Spieth and Day and DJ have had a really tough schedule the last month or so and I think it might be catching up with them a little.

Murt be losing my marbles, as I'd vowed never to back him in a major again, but going for Garcia as my main bet this week. Last three results have been 1st at the Byron Nelson and then 5th at the Us Open and 5th at The Open. That's better than anyone else in the field and maybe this week is his time. The course looks right up his street and he usually thrives in a tough test. 33/1 for seven places looks value.

Secondly I'm going for Bubba. Good showing at the WGC, and for a man who never plays well at The Open, I thought he did really well. This will be more his cup of tea and 35/1 seven places looks good.

Last one for me is Koepka. Hopefully over his injury and fresher than most. He could blow this course apart. 60/1 for six places.

Good luck everyone.

Post your reply

Text Format: Table: Smilies:
Forum does not support HTML
Insert Photo
Cancel
Page 1 of 38  •  Previous 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | ... | 38 | Next
sort by:
Show
per page
Replies: 1,516
By:
toberaheena
When: 25 Jul 16 11:42
@can't catchme..... I like your 3 picks and they are showing some value. PP offerings of 7 places is always good but make certain you are not taking smaller odds for an extra place. One man who will be itching to get going on Thursday is Phil Mickleson. Stenson will be still enjoying the aura of winning the Open in Royal Troon but Phil will be only more spurred on by his great display there and a nice break between tournaments this weekend. Would like to know if he has been training on course for this one already. I suspect YES. Am also surmising Rory has been there as he had been in Troon the week before. Rory just needs to go back to holding his putter as he did as a teenager. His natural stroke. Daddy must have some old footage to study it. Claw grips etc and the many variations jusy make a natural stroke more UN NATURAL in my opinion. Let nature take it's course Rory and enjoy your golf more.
By:
therhino
When: 25 Jul 16 12:28
Mickelson huge in my plans Tobe. Won here last time. The performance at the Open. His history at the US Open which has to be the form guide this week, no point looking at past PGA's. And three of his six runner up finishes at US Opens came on Tillinghast tracks (Winged Foot and twice at Bethpage). Seems there is a link between Baltusrol and Winged Foot. Shame Ogilvy didn't qualify, would've made a decent big odds poke.
By:
toberaheena
When: 25 Jul 16 12:41
@therhino.... looks like Bet V at 25/1 1/4 , 6 places is the move.Wont stay there.
By:
Can't Catch Me
When: 25 Jul 16 14:00
Cheers tobes. Yes its always a difficult trade off taking extra places for a lesser price, but in this case, Im getting top price and the extra places, so seems good. Even if its a fifth on the e/w terms.

Over the last few years Ive decided the extra places help me be more profitable, even if the odds are slightly reduced.
By:
Can't Catch Me
When: 25 Jul 16 14:10
Have backed Phil the Thrill First Round Leader at 30/1 (e/w quarter 6 places with Baldy)
By:
toberaheena
When: 25 Jul 16 14:16
@Catchme.... no flies on you sir.
By:
toberaheena
When: 25 Jul 16 14:17
Had an order in for Oosy at the price to trade but he came to meet me. So will find it difficult to lay him back. Swings and roundabouts in making a book.Have a green on Rory to counteract it already.
By:
Si-K
When: 25 Jul 16 14:31
Ryan Palmer tickles my fancy 175 7 places
By:
ellis
When: 25 Jul 16 14:44
Wink
By:
toberaheena
When: 25 Jul 16 15:47
Intrique will not be winning 4.55 Newton Abbot. Sorry for late update.
By:
toberaheena
When: 25 Jul 16 15:48
Am on Kaymer trying to lay him back.
By:
toberaheena
When: 25 Jul 16 15:50
If you are fearless, lump on W.P Mullins horse in 5.15pm Galway.
By:
Geesyerdosh
When: 26 Jul 16 08:46
Think grinders will do well here. Quite a few look huge prices imo at least to trade

Lingmerth is my main bet. Rubbish in Scotland but before that 7th at Firestone and 12th in the US Open much improved statistically. Backed him e/w and top 10 can see him going really well.

Webb Simpson also looks a big price. Fits really well statistically here and finally seems to have gotten over his putting woes. In pretty good form as well bar the 2 opens - 6th/11th/3rd.

Scott Piercy's price as well could look huge if he's over his Open nightmare. 2nd at Firestone and the US Open last 2 starts is as good form as any just needs to keep the flat stick working.

Also like Dufner, McGirt, Kjeldsen and a couple of huge outsiders Herman and Molder.
By:
sheppy123
When: 26 Jul 16 09:14
There's so many great golfers at big prices, it's hard not to get sucked into backing them.

I'll have bet on half the field before it starts!
By:
alfee
When: 26 Jul 16 10:15
Firing with 2 Bullets this week

jason day

Bubba Watson

BANG BANG !!!!!!!!!
By:
johnnyrant
When: 26 Jul 16 12:26
I think Rickie Fowler is finally going to come good. Signs of a return to form during British Open.
By:
Can't Catch Me
When: 26 Jul 16 12:34
Haha. Know that feeling sheppy. Thought Id throw a few tenners at some 500+ shots last night and could make cases for about 20 of them.
By:
toberaheena
When: 26 Jul 16 13:31
I am noting continued contraction in betting price for Dustin. Is this a cult following or is it more. Oosthuizen taking a walk in market.
By:
toberaheena
When: 26 Jul 16 13:33
@can't cathme..... I did something similar and have ended up with a ton each on Koepka and Reid. Have an order in to trade lower but can wait.
By:
toberaheena
When: 26 Jul 16 13:35
@sheppy, back high and lay low and there will not be a problem no matter how many you back. The more bets turned over in your favour, the easier you will have a green book at some stage.
By:
sheppy123
When: 26 Jul 16 13:36
Luke Donald 510 - Welcome to the club!
By:
sheppy123
When: 26 Jul 16 13:38
Thanks Toby. The problem is, I think the price is too big so I back it, and it gets even bigger!
By:
lockup
When: 26 Jul 16 15:53
think Schwartzel will go well this week, and Finau.
By:
charlie muddle
When: 26 Jul 16 20:06
Fowler 40/1 e/w 1/4 1-7
McIlroy 10/1 Win Bet
Matsuyama 80/1 e/w 1/5 1-7
Lowry 125/1 e/w 1/5 1-7
An 200/1 e/w  1/5 1-7

They are my fancies if Rory can get the putter working a wee bit better he will be hard to beat imo. Rickie  is a decent price  just need to get his head right! Mats & Lowry both missed the cut in the open both are much better than that. An probably  needs another year or two but in time he will up there with the best.
By:
Makfi
When: 26 Jul 16 22:18
Do Louis Oosthuizen's family and close friends know of some serious health issues or is he in cahoots with some old associates of Hansie Cronje's? Spiralling drift out to 150 now! Open Championship under his belt and runner-up in 3 other majors. T21 @ Bridgestone 2 starts ago and previous winner this season would fit the trends if the schedule hadn't been rejigged for the Olympics this year.
By:
unclepuncle
When: 26 Jul 16 23:35
Main Bet - Justin Rose @ 38
Long Shot - Chris Kirk @ 340
By:
ashleigh
When: 27 Jul 16 07:17
j chapman uspga picks.

r mcilroy, p mickelson, jb holmes, s stricker, a baddeley.
By:
ashleigh
When: 27 Jul 16 07:25
from noon, one the big 4 of d johnson,mcilroy,day,speith to win 5/2 with fred, limited time, max stake £100.
By:
sheppy123
When: 27 Jul 16 08:53
Cmon layers, you're having a laugh now! It's not just Dustin Johnson that can play the game!Laugh
By:
therhino
When: 27 Jul 16 09:21

Jul 26, 2016 -- 5:18PM, Makfi wrote:

Do Louis Oosthuizen's family and close friends know of some serious health issues or is he in cahoots with some old associates of Hansie Cronje's? Spiralling drift out to 150 now! Open Championship under his belt and runner-up in 3 other majors. T21 @ Bridgestone 2 starts ago and previous winner this season would fit the trends if the schedule hadn't been rejigged for the Olympics this year.

About rack up tournament number 100 in the USA for the grand total of zero wins. Layers have been getting a bargain all these years.

By:
sheppy123
When: 27 Jul 16 09:36
I wonder how different Oosty's odds would be if he hadn't murdered the Open in 2010???
By:
ashleigh
When: 27 Jul 16 09:50
main bet for me B GRACE 60/1 e/w, don't get why he has almost doubled in price from the open, didn't have much luck at troon with the draw. better judged on his us major form, in the last 4 events has 3 top 5 finishes.
others backed
jb holmes 66/1
m kuchar 50/1
k chappell 110/1
t finau 150/1
all e/w

good luck all.
By:
donny osmond
When: 27 Jul 16 10:31
i think oosty is a bigger factor in low scoring events

but 150 seems a decent price if he is fit
By:
therhino
When: 27 Jul 16 10:43
Agree about Grace. US Open form a key indicator for me this week, and if keeping the ball in play is important as they say then a top 10 at Firestone and a Harbour Town win are promising. Excellent price. Ticks every box.
By:
Mighty Whites 2008
When: 27 Jul 16 12:22
At the Scottish grace was in contention after 36 holes but said in his interview he was really struggling with his game. He fell away there and then missed the cut at Troon.
By:
sickoflayinwinners
When: 27 Jul 16 15:42
just a couple of small ew interests for me fowler (never backed him before) 40s and rose 33s who i think looks likely to go well.
By:
Total Bosman
When: 27 Jul 16 15:57
Stop me if you've heard this before....apparently Day and his family aren't well and he's not had a chance for a practice round.  In other words, wins by 6.
By:
johnnythebull
When: 27 Jul 16 16:17
not a fangirl of all this luuurv for the top 4
BUT on this occasion do have a strong feeling for wee mac and all day
wee mac if he can putt think he will be suited by the set up
and we know Jase can putt but his driving been a bit awry of late
also looked at winners history ONLY tiger(twice) not even jack won back to back PGAs
which slightly puts me off Day
traditionally,also this course,whether for US Open or PGA doesn't lend itself to low scoring totals
which could be in wee mac's favour
as,if he plays steadily,w/o dropping TOO many shots
may not actually have to hole that many putts to nick it
obviously as above have had a few quid on some not w/o a chance who are overpriced imho
By:
sewter lives again
When: 27 Jul 16 17:34
Main pick for me this week is Dufner at 110 (also top 10 at 10 and top 20 at 5)
also like Stricker at 148 and have done both these e/w at 50s for top American

completing the team at present are

Koepka 80
Kokrak 480
Lingmerth 230
Hurley 910
Page 1 of 38  •  Previous 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | ... | 38 | Next
sort by:
Show
per page

Post your reply

Text Format: Table: Smilies: