Forums
There is currently 1 person viewing this thread.
These 196 comments are related to the topic:
(( * RYDER CUP * ))

Post your reply

Text Format: Table: Smilies:
Forum does not support HTML
Insert Photo
Cancel
Page 5 of 5  •  Previous | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | Next
sort by:
Show
per page
Replies: 196
By:
mafeking
When: 01 Sep 18 13:35
picking horribly out of form experienced players rarely turns out well
By:
Catch Me ifyoucan
When: 01 Sep 18 13:49
No place for Sergio then
By:
xmoneyx
When: 02 Sep 18 19:39
bjorn & tiger are good friends
By:
Catch Me ifyoucan
When: 03 Sep 18 13:11
THE GREAT DANE gets to pick 4 from the these (before 2pm Wednesday) 

EUROPEAN POINTS.....

1     FRANCESCO MOLINARI     6,182,450.35
2     JUSTIN ROSE     4,518,651.42
3     TYRRELL HATTON     4,326,297.77
4     TOMMY FLEETWOOD     3,668,310.57
5     Thorbjorn OLESEN     3,634,765.46
6     Jon RAHM     3,617,769.82
7     Rory MCILROY     3,482,791.06
8     Alex NOREN     3,444,442.21

9     Russell KNOX     2,659,683.33
10     Eddie PEPPERELL     2,509,997.42
11     Matthew FITZPATRICK     2,390,681.42
12     Rafa CABRERA BELLO     2,256,340.05
13     Matt WALLACE     2,081,455.61
14     Ross FISHER     2,003,759.99
15     Jorge CAMPILLO     1,769,824.97
16     Henrik STENSON     1,666,022.41
17     Paul DUNNE     1,628,405.68
18     Alexander BJORK     1,617,000.06
19     Shane LOWRY     1,584,567.65
20     Thomas PIETERS     1,522,685.10
21     Lucas BJERREGAARD     1,476,277.92
22     Ian POULTER     1,434,919.00
23     Chris WOOD     1,403,425.05
24     Sergio GARCIA     1,398,187.28

WORLD POINTS.....

1     Francesco MOLINARI     373.12
2     Justin ROSE     366.69
3     JON RAHM     327.18
4     RORY MCILROY     309.29
5     Tommy FLEETWOOD     308.71
6     Tyrrell HATTON     252.68
7     ALEX NOREN     252.62
8     THORBJORN OLESEN     179.14

9     Ian POULTER     170.87
10     Rafa CABRERA BELLO     168.75
11     Paul CASEY     167.05
12     Matthew FITZPATRICK     159.05
13     Sergio GARCIA     146.93
14     Eddie PEPPERELL     145.24
15     Russell KNOX     144.71
16     Matt WALLACE     143.22
17     Henrik STENSON     140.62
18     Ross FISHER     116.57
19     Jorge CAMPILLO     104.19
20     Paul DUNNE     103.27
21     Shane LOWRY     102.01
22     Lucas BJERREGAARD     100.11
23     Alexander BJORK     100.10
24     Thomas PIETERS     91.45
By:
Catch Me ifyoucan
When: 04 Sep 18 00:34
Ian Poulter 1/20
Henrik Stenson 1/6
Paul Casey 1/4

Sergio Garcia 8/11
Rafael Cabrera Bello 6/5
Matt Wallace 6/4
Thomas Pieters 5/2
Matthew Fitzpatrick 10
Russell Knox 20
By:
Catch Me ifyoucan
When: 04 Sep 18 00:39
Uni bet.....
Sergio Garcia 10/11
Rafael Cabrera Bello 11/10
Matt Wallace 5/4
Thomas Pieters 2
Matthew Fitzpatrick 10
Russell Knox 20
By:
Catch Me ifyoucan
When: 04 Sep 18 01:12
Furyk names 3 Captains picks on 4th Sept (today) and one further pick on 9th Sept..... So WOODS (cert) PHIL (cert after 63 today), KUCHAR.....& maybe KISNER or DeCHAMBEAU / SCHAUFFELE ???

Mickelson shot his best round of the year on Monday, an 8-under-par 63 at TPC Boston (as DeChambeau gets his 2nd straight win) and finished at 274, 10 under. The T10 would be his first since finishing fifth at the Wells Fargo Championship in May. "So fortunate also that it's the day before the Ryder Cup picks, although I don't feel that should be a bearing. I think you have to look at the big picture through the course of the year statistically, what you're looking for with that particular course or players. Not one round. But it certainly doesn't hurt."
Mickelson has long been expected to be one of Furyk's picks, with three of those to be announced on Tuesday in Philadelphia.
For the first time since Mickelson made a team in 1995, he has not done so by qualifying on points; it means he needs to rely on a pick.
Mickelson is now the only player to advance to BMW Championship every year in FedEx Cup history that dates to 2007.
By:
Llamedos
When: 04 Sep 18 13:42
I don't mean to sound grumpy and don't get me wrong I do enjoy the Ryder Cup, but I am finding the constant hype and talk in the media about the Ryder Cup rather over the top, this seems to have been increased this year by the way the wild card selections have been delayed, there seems to be so much over the top speculation, by the time the event starts I am going to be sick of hearing about the Ryder Cup, anyone else feel the same?
By:
ian merseyside
When: 04 Sep 18 14:30
I know what you mean Llamedos.  I think Sky are mainly to blame for this.  The fact that they have lost several sports events recently (US PGA and Champions League football) has resulted in them having to talk up what they still have left even more.  For me the Ryder Cup was at its most exciting over the period 1985 to the turn of the century when we started beating the USA.  Now that Europe are winning regularly the event has become a bit mundane in my eyes and I would much rather watch The Open or The Masters.
By:
Catch Me ifyoucan
When: 04 Sep 18 15:42
IF course form along with recent form mean anything (with 170+ new bunkers since), then it's ROSE (won 2010) or SCOTT (3rd 2011) (but not for me).

HAS TO BE TIGER WOODS who was 46th here back in 2010 and is a 5-time winner of the BMW Championship. Recent form reads 24,40,2,31,6,4.
Those with the most PGA Tour events won (5+ times) of all-time are Tiger with 6 (Snead & Jack 3 each) - Bridgestone Memorial BMW Farmers AP Invitational, and also the WGC Mexico (won it 7 times at 6 different courses)
... might as well back him as we'll see no one else all w/end... and good for those on at 28/1 earlier Devil

RECENT GOOD FORM HORSES...
Dustbin 7,11,27,3,1.
THOMAS 24,8,6,1.
Koepka 12,8,1,5.
Bryson 1,1.
FINAU 4,2,42,10,37,9.
Francesco mc,6,39,1,2,1,25,2.
Cameron 3,3.
SNEDS 31,1,42,8,mc,3. (16th here in 2010 too)

Oh, and Happy Birthday Mr Watson
By:
Catch Me ifyoucan
When: 04 Sep 18 22:13
Tiger Woods, Phil Mickelson and Bryson DeChambeau are the first three USA Ryder Cup captains picks for Jim Furyk..... AS EXPECTED.

KEEP KUCHAR WAITING UNTIL THE 9TH Devil
By:
Catch Me ifyoucan
When: 04 Sep 18 22:16
Ooops, where's FINAU
By:
Total Bosman
When: 04 Sep 18 22:31
No surprises at all, and the early rule out of Zach and Such by appointing them vice captains suggests he's pretty settled on pick 4.  Presumably Finau's to lose but a Snedeker win at the weekend would make him hard to ignore.
By:
Mighty Whites 2008
When: 04 Sep 18 22:32
kuchar a vice captain so doubt it would be him probably between xander and finau for the final spot unless someone has a big finish to the fed ex
By:
trilby22
When: 05 Sep 18 15:07
Welcome to Team Europe!

Paul Casey, Sergio Garcia, Ian Poulter and Henrik Stenson have been confirmed as the four wildcard picks for Europe.
By:
trilby22
When: 05 Sep 18 15:15
Teams

Europe
Francesco Molinari
Justin Rose
Tyrrell Hatton
Tommy Fleetwood
Jon Rahm
Rory McIlroy
Alex Noren
Thorbjorn Olesen
Ian Poulter
Henrik Stenson
Paul Casey
Sergio Garcia

United States
Brooks Koepka
Dustin Johnson
Justin Thomas
Patrick Reed
Bubba Watson
Jordan Spieth
Rickie Fowler
Webb Simpson
Phil Mickelson
Tiger Woods
Bryson DeChambeau
+1

Captains and Vice-Captains

Europe
Thomas Bjorn (captain)
Robert Karlsson (vice-captain)
Luke Donald (vice-captain)
Pádraig Harrington (vice-captain)
Graeme McDowell (vice-captain)
Lee Westwood (vice-captain)

United States
Jim Furyk (captain)
Davis Love III (vice-captain)
Steve Stricker (vice-captain)
David Duval (vice-captain)
Zach Johnson (vice-captain)
Matt Kuchar (vice-captain)
By:
xmoneyx
When: 05 Sep 18 16:24
less vice captains in the red district amsterdam
By:
Catch Me ifyoucan
When: 05 Sep 18 17:22
Rafa, Wallace, Pieters, Fitzpatrick & Knox miss out on the one million bi-annual bonus.
By:
charwell.
When: 05 Sep 18 23:55
I can't agree with picking all the 'home guard' and think perhaps Garcia (form) or Casey (apathy to Ryder cup) should have given way to Pieters (tremendous Ryder Cup debut & fourball dream player) or Wallace (superb form). Slightly tilts me to the Yanks looking at the perspective teams despite home advantage. Should be a very tight and exciting match however.

A match between Rose/Stenson v Reed/Speith would be something to savour.
By:
Catch Me ifyoucan
When: 06 Sep 18 00:23
ashleigh • September 5, 2018 2:52 PM BST
any thoughts on euro pairings Devil
rose,stenson
garcia,rahm  seems likely but what about
molinari
Mcilroy
fleetwood
poulter potential partners?
By:
FatherMaguire
When: 06 Sep 18 20:39
Agree with Ian Merseyside here - some of Europes wins have been so one-sided its ridiculous (04,06 and 14) - the tournament probably needs US to win over here to show they can do it after a quarter of a century. It could also do with a bit more needle - apart from the crazy last day in 99, it hasnt had any real bite since Seve left the scene - genuine animosity between the teams always gets talked about as being distasteful, but it sure made them more interesting to watch - sadly I fear its a thing of the past with both sides being far too matey with each other week in week out on the US tour
By:
therhino
When: 11 Sep 18 08:55
Finau gets the nod.
By:
GoBallistic
When: 11 Sep 18 09:15
The US selection procedure of having a last wildcard pick a week later is daft I think.  Just announce all 4 together - don't dripfeed.  You're basically making it public who your weakest wildcard player is
By:
Catch Me ifyoucan
When: 25 Sep 18 13:26
Highlight of the week is no doubt the RYDER CUP (with TIGER back)

Europe 13/10 vs USA 19/20 Devil
By:
Catch Me ifyoucan
When: 25 Sep 18 13:36
Ryder Cup 2018 - Top Wildcard Betting            

Tiger Woods 3
Henrik Stenson 6
Ian Poulter 6
Bryson DeChambeau 6
Paul Casey 13/2
Sergio Garcia 7
Tony Finau 10
Phil Mickelson 12

...that's some list of Wildcard picks ! Devil
By:
Catch Me ifyoucan
When: 02 Oct 18 00:53
Pts-Win–Loss–Half record.....
Francesco Molinari 5pts 5–0–0
Tommy Fleetwood 4pts 4–1–0
Sergio García 3pts    3–1–0
Henrik Stenson 3pts 3–0–0
Rory McIlroy 2pts 2–3–0
Justin Rose 2pts 2–2–0
Ian Poulter 2pts 2–2–0
Alex Norén 2pts 2–1–0
Paul Casey 1.5pts 3 1–1–1
Jon Rahm 1pt 1–2–0
Tyrrell Hatton 1pt 1–2–0
Thorbjørn Olesen 1pt 1–1–0
By:
Catch Me ifyoucan
When: 02 Oct 18 00:55
RYDER CUP match recaps: Europe wins 17 1/2 to 10 1/2 – For the sixth straight time, Europe won the Ryder Cup on its home soil.
Captain's Thomas Bjorn's team topped the U.S., 17 1/2 to 10 1/2, on Sunday.
Francesco Molinari locked up the clinching point when Phil Mickelson hit his tee shot in the water at the par-3 16th and conceded the match to The Open champion, 4 and 2, while still on the tee.
The Americans remain winless on European soil since 1993. Europeans have now won seven of the last nine events, dating back to 2002. Molinari became the first European player in history to go 5-0-0 in a Ryder Cup, as the senior leaders of the U.S. team, Mickelson and Tiger Woods, combined to go 0-6-0. Sergio Garcia is now the all-time leader in Ryder Cup points won with 25 1/2, while Mickelson is now the all-time leader in matches lost with 22.

Here's how all the matches played out this week at Le Golf National outside Paris:
Friday morning fourballs: U.S. 3, Europe 1
Match 1: Koepka-Finau (US) def. Rose-Rahm (E), 1 up
The only time the U.S. led the match was after the 18th hole. Incredible. Europe was in complete control after the 12th hole, but quickly went cold when Koepka and Finau caught fire. A bad mix for the blue.
Match 2: Johnson-Fowler (US) def. McIlroy-Olesen (E), 4 and 2
Match was even for eight of the first nine holes, but the Americans turned it on quickly and pulled away in the easiest match of the session. McIlroy played horribly the whole time and failed to make a single birdie.
Match 3: Spieth-Thomas (US) def. Casey-Hatton (E), 1 up
All the matches of this session were great but this one was particularly wild. Spieth did Spieth things (5 under through seven) to get them 3 up after 10, but the Americans lost the next three holes in a row. Thomas’ birdie on 15 was the difference.
Match 4: Molinari-Fleetwood (E) def. Woods-Reed, 3 and 1
The Americans won Nos. 9 and 10 to go 2 up, but Europe won the next two to square the match. Fleetwood’s putter was on fire down the stretch in a match Europe had to have. Reed and Woods played decent, but never found a groove together, especially late.

Friday afternoon foursomes: Europe 4, U.S. 0
Match 5: Stenson-Rose (E) def. Johnson-Fowler (US), 3 and 2
This match wasn’t even as close as it seemed, and it set the tone for Europe to roll in the entire session. The Americans were over par and Stenson and Rose played well together again even though they didn’t really need to.
Match 6: McIlroy-Poulter (E) def. Watson-Simpson (US), 4 and 2
The European train keeps rolling with an easy win. They were 2 down after five holes, but won the next four consecutive holes to cruise against a U.S. team that was over par. McIlroy needed this after a poor performance in the morning and Poulter was never going to be denied.
Match 7: Garcia-Noren (E) def. Mickelson-DeChambeau (US), 5 and 4
Europe was 7 up after nine. Yes, that’s correct. The Americans were awful early and hit poor shot after poor shot. Garcia and Noren were antsy after sitting in the morning and just steamrolled to the easiest of wins. Four birdies in a five-hole stretch were too much.
Match 8: Molinari-Fleetwood (E) def. Thomas-Spieth (US), 5 and 4
Another blowout, this one to cap a European clean sweep of the session. The Americans had no gas and were over par, while Molinari and Fleetwood were steady and smooth, winning for the second time on the day. Yes, Europe seems to have found another unstoppable duo.
TOTAL SCORE: EUROPE 5, U.S. 3

Saturday morning fourballs: Europe 3, U.S. 1
Match 9: Garcia-McIlroy (E) def. Koepka-Finau (US), 2 and 1
Garcia and McIlroy were putting demons, making everything they needed to make. They were 4 up after 13, they lost the next three holes in a row, and then Garcia sealed it with a monster birdie putt on the 17th. They were a combined 7 under par.
Match 10: Casey-Hatton (E) def. Johnson-Fowler (US), 3 and 2
The Americans didn’t do anything spectacular and honestly they were lucky to take the match as deep as they did. The Europeans were a combined 9 under, and there’s just nothing you can do with that kind of display. Casey’s putter was on fire.
Match 11: Molinari-Fleetwood (E) def. Woods-Reed (US), 4 and 3
A thumping of epic proportions. Reed played as poorly as anyone has ever played in the Ryder Cup. Ever. Woods kept them in the match until European putters heated up again, winning four of the last five holes. This Euro duo is now 3-0 together.
Match 12: Spieth-Thomas (US) def. Poulter-Rahm (E), 2 and 1
The only bright spot for the Americans in the session, and they had to fight for it. Rahm and Poulter weren’t on top form, and Spieth and Thomas combined for 10 birdies, including a huge one on the 17th that kept the match from going the full way.
TOTAL SCORE: EUROPE 8, U.S. 4

Saturday afternoon foursomes: Europe 2, U.S. 2
Match 13: Rose-Stenson (E) def. Johnson-Koepka (US), 2 and 1
The closest match of the session, and it’s no surprise that it came down to Stenson making a 10-footer to save par on the 17th hole to win the match. Rose and Stenson continue to roll when paired together while Johnson and Koepka couldn’t recapture magic of the past.
Match 14: Watson-Simpson (US) def. Garcia-Noren (E), 3 and 2
This was a questionable foursomes lineup for the U.S. and it turns out it was their best duo. Garcia and Noren slapped it around in average fashion, as Watson and Simpson went 4 up through eight and easily hold on.
Match 15: Molinari-Fleetwood (E) def. Woods-DeChambeau, 5 and 4
This was a clinic from the very beginning, and the victory gave the European team a perfect 4-0 record together this week. Both played great and never allowed any openings for the Americans. On the other hand, Woods (0-3) and DeChambeau (0-2) played awful and are both winless on the week.
Match 16: Spieth-Thomas (US) def. Poulter-McIlroy (E), 4 and 3
Poulter and McIlroy looked like they both finally ran out of gas. They didn’t provide much of a fight for Spieth and Thomas, particularly down the stretch. The Americans were only 1 up after seven but appeared in control and were 4 up after 13.
TOTAL SCORE: EUROPE 10, U.S. 6

Sunday singles: Europe 7 1/2, U.S. 4 1/2
Match 17: Thomas (US) def. McIlroy (E), 1up
Incredible match from beginning to end. One of the best of the week. Thomas won the first hole, then McIlroy won the next three in a row. The match was square on the 18th tee, and McIlroy drove it into a fried-egg lie in a bunker. It didn’t end well for him. He ended up conceding to Thomas in the final fairway.
Match 18: Casey (E) vs. Koepka (US), halved
Hard to believe, but this was the first halved match of the Ryder Cup. Neither player was ever more than 1 up at any point and both played slightly better than average. Casey's birdie on the 17th to square the match was as big a clutch moment as you can have.
Match 19: Simpson (US) def. Rose (E), 3 and 2
This was a bit of an upset but a point the U.S. had to have for momentum. Simpson lost his first match but quietly won his next two to become an unsung hero for an American team that desperately needed one. Rose seemed tired.
Match 20: Rahm (E) def. Woods (US), 2 and 1
Woods never led the match, although Rahm was never more than 2 up either. Woods appeared exhausted and unenthused. Rahm took advantage to earn his first Ryder Cup point in the grandest of fashions.
Match 21: Finau (US) def. Fleetwood (E), 6 and 4
Finau was an absolute monster in this match, and the previously undefeated Fleetwood couldn’t do much to combat him. Finau was 5 up after nine holes and never looked back. A great, great week for Finau, who will most assuredly make more Ryder Cups.
Match 22: Poulter (E) def. Johnson (US), 2 up
Poulter turned into Poulter one more time against the world’s top-ranked player. Poulter was 2 up after four holes, but Johnson was up after 12. Poulter would have none of it. He birdied 14 and 15 to seize control, closing it out on 18.
Match 23: Olesen (E) def. Spieth (US), 5 and 4
Some things defy explanation, and Spieth now goes to 0-6 all-time in singles play for U.S. teams in the Presidents and Ryder cups. Olesen sat out all day on Saturday and came out steady against Spieth, who made only one birdie.
Match 24: Garcia (E) def. Fowler (US), 2 and 1
The full point made Garcia the top point earner in the history of the Ryder Cup, surpassing Nick Faldo. This match was fairly close, too, but Fowler never led at any point. The cup was determined before this was over, so it was icing on the European cake.
Match 25: Molinari (E) def. Mickelson (US), 4 and 2
When Mickelson dunked it in the water on the 16th hole, Molinari clinched the winning point for Europe and also went a perfect 5-0 for the week. Just an incredible week for The Open champion. Mickelson played poorly again and ended the week 0-2.
Match 26: Reed (US) def. Hatton (E), 3 and 2
Reed made up in part for poor performances the previous two days in a match that he won easily against an overmatched Hatton. Too bad for the Americans that the cup was decided well before this point.
Match 27: Stenson (E) def. Watson (US), 5 and 4
Watson remains winless in Ryder Cup singles matches and Stenson was 3 up after five holes. Again, this was not really particularly close and Watson struggles. Stenson birdies four of the first seven holes.
Match 28: Noren (E) def. DeChambeau (US), 1 up
This match went all the way 18 long after the matches have been decided. One down with one to play, DeChambeau flagged his approach to the final green, but Noren holed a lengthy birdie putt to end the matches and officially start the European celebration. Devil
By:
Catch Me ifyoucan
When: 04 Oct 18 14:09
"Somebody said - ALL MEN DIE, and NOT ALL MEN LIVE”....."Well THIS IS THE TIME to feel alive" - José María Olazabal (to quote William Braveheart Wallace)

RYDER CUP Team Europe - surely Motivational Video Award Winners 2018.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7-kxODwKATo
By:
Catch Me ifyoucan
When: 25 Jul 19 08:52
As expected...

THE RYDER CUP IS COMING TO IRELAND!... Sept 2026

Adare Manor in the southwest of Ireland (Limerick) will be confirmed as the venue for the 2026 Ryder Cup today, following an agreement between the European Tour and the Irish Government.
By:
Catch Me ifyoucan
When: 25 Jul 19 09:50
Whistling Straits next year (for SHANE LOWRY Wink ).
By:
Catch Me ifyoucan
When: 25 Jul 19 09:58
2020 - Whistling Straits, WISCONSIN
2022 - Marco Simone G&CC, ROME
2024 - Bethpage Black, NEW YORK
2026 - Adare Manor, IRELAND
2028 - Hazeltine National Golf Club, MINNESOTA
By:
Catch Me ifyoucan
When: 20 Oct 19 19:23
EUROPEAN Points qualification projections as of 20-Oct-2019:

1.WILLETT
2.WEISBERGER
3.RAMHBO
4.PEREZ
5.FITZ
6.SOUTHGATE
7.RAFA
8.NICO
9.JB HANSEN & LAPORTA (World Pts).
----------------------------------
WARING
BEEF & RAMSAY
MACINTYRE & LAGERGREN
SCHWAB & HATTON
SMITH
By:
Catch Me ifyoucan
When: 20 Oct 19 19:27
US Team: Brooks, DJ, Woodland, Woods, Xander, Simpson, Kuch & Finau...….. with Cantlay, Kisner, Spieth, Furyk, Reavie, Fowler, Thomas & Reed in the wings.
By:
Catch Me ifyoucan
When: 24 Jan 20 13:59
https://www.rydercup.com/rankings#world-points

1 Jon RAHM
2 Rory MCILROY
3 Victor PEREZ
4 Tommy FLEETWOOD

5 Danny WILLETT
6 Matthew FITZPATRICK
7 Bernd WIESBERGER
8 Tyrrell HATTON