Forums
There is currently 1 person viewing this thread.
These 196 comments are related to the topic:
(( * RYDER CUP * ))

Post your reply

Text Format: Table: Smilies:
Forum does not support HTML
Insert Photo
Cancel
Page 4 of 5  •  Previous | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | Next
sort by:
Show
per page
Replies: 196
By:
Catch Me ifyoucan
When: 30 Sep 16 17:24
WIllet bro may have cost Europe a point ?
By:
donny osmond
When: 30 Sep 16 17:26
dusty kooch make it 2-0
By:
Catch Me ifyoucan
When: 30 Sep 16 17:28
C'mon Andy.

5 n 4 win for Kuch & Dustbin. 2 points to USA
By:
crystalhunt
When: 30 Sep 16 17:29
USA 33/100
Early days
By:
Catch Me ifyoucan
When: 30 Sep 16 17:30
Thrashing
By:
Catch Me ifyoucan
When: 30 Sep 16 17:32
More like 18 vs 10 ffs
By:
MC Roller
When: 30 Sep 16 17:38
Great stuff bringing in Dynamo. Looks like job done, Europe certainly disappeared today.
By:
donny osmond
When: 30 Sep 16 17:40
usa dormie in other 2 so its 3-0
By:
xmoneyx
When: 30 Sep 16 18:12
a new low mcginnley blaming peter willet Excited
By:
crystalhunt
When: 30 Sep 16 18:13
1/7 game over but worth a lay just for interest.
By:
EUGENE KRABS
When: 30 Sep 16 18:17
8 - 0 today a distinct possibility !
By:
xmoneyx
When: 30 Sep 16 18:18
sky twice mention peter willet

they need to grow oneLaugh
By:
crystalhunt
When: 30 Sep 16 18:28
Got to question Westwood as a pick- on form way down the list.
By:
xmoneyx
When: 30 Sep 16 18:50
Tweeter Alliss‏ @TweeterAlliss
M'lads, there are only 4 matches played, there are 24 to go. Calm the F*ck down, by Jove. #RyderCup
By:
crystalhunt
When: 30 Sep 16 21:18
1/3
By:
Catch Me ifyoucan
When: 01 Oct 16 00:08
By Jove Splended Laugh
By:
padlock
When: 01 Oct 16 01:02
Lets do this eurotrash euroland Wink
By:
xmoneyx
When: 01 Oct 16 10:41
some of the heckling Willett heard at virtually every hole.

“Danny, you’re brother’s an idiot!”

“Hey Danny, can you get me a hot dog?”

“Hey, Danny, want a jelly donut or would you rather some cookie dough?”

“I fill my fat, jelly face with hot dogs. Don’t let it bother you.”

Willett was cheered along the way, too. After he made birdie at the ninth, he got a huge cheer from fans. But as the cheer was subsiding, a fan yelled, “But we still hate you Danny!”

Willett’s parents were inside the ropes following him.

Snedeker was asked if fans crossed the line.

“You get in the last couple groups, people don’t want you to win or whatever it maybe, you hear some yelling,” Snedeker said. “I don’t think it crossed the line by any stretch of the imagination.”Scared
By:
Catch Me ifyoucan
When: 01 Oct 16 22:49
Catch Me ifyoucan  • September 24, 2016 10:10 PM BST 
RHINO, Dogs to eat the Swans ?
Sep 24, 2016 -- 10:10PM, Catch Me ifyoucan wrote:
God willing.

HE WAS HappyDevil
By:
Catch Me ifyoucan
When: 01 Oct 16 23:06
Mickelson/Fowler 6/5 v Mclroy/Pieters 4/6
Snedeker/Koepka 4/5 v Stenson/Fitzpatrick 1/1
Walker/Zachary 4/5 v Rose/Wood 1/1
Reed/Spieth 4/6 v Garcia/Cab Bello 6/5

Rory McIlroy & Thomas Pieters  v    Brooks Koepka & Dustin Johnson   
Danny Willett & Lee Westwood   v    Ryan Moore & J.B. Holmes   
Martin Kaymer & Sergio Garcia  v    Phil Mickelson & Matt Kuchar   
Henrik Stenson & Justin Rose   v    Patrick Reed & Jordan Spieth
By:
Catch Me ifyoucan
When: 02 Oct 16 00:02
Willet and Westy both miss short putts to HALVE 4ball MATCH........ That hurt, OUCH !
By:
Catch Me ifyoucan
When: 02 Oct 16 00:16
9½ vs 6½ going into the SUNDAY SINGLES
By:
Platini
When: 02 Oct 16 00:22
USA were 1.18 when they were 4 up after 4 matches.
now they're 3 up after 16 matches, and yet they are 1.25

doesn't that look on the big side ?
By:
Catch Me ifyoucan
When: 02 Oct 16 00:27
OK, so where will USA get their 5 points needed to win ? Devil
By:
xmoneyx
When: 02 Oct 16 00:31
babyface assassin

Crazy
By:
Catch Me ifyoucan
When: 02 Oct 16 00:42
'We don't need the MIRACLE AT MEDINAH'.....Crikey, what do we need ? Major Meltdown in Minnesota

Hazeltine is even better qualified historically to host this Ryder Cup than Medinah was four years ago. Hazeltine didn’t even open until 1962, roughly 40 years after Medinah, but it has already hosted two U.S. Opens (1970, 1991), two U.S. Women’s Opens (1966, 1977), two PGA Championships (2002, 2009), the U.S. Senior Open (1983) and the U.S. Amateur (2006). The Ryder Cup is all that’s missing from the club’s resume, and that will soon be corrected. Only one club has hosted all those big events plus the Ryder Cup. That would be North Carolina’s Pinehurst No. 2, which opened in 1907 – 55 years before Hazeltine.

http://lenziehmongolf.com/daily-herald-columns/will-the-u-s-meltdown-at-medinah-carry-over-to-hazeltine/
By:
Catch Me ifyoucan
When: 05 Oct 16 16:06
Anyone know why some players (incl Rory I think) was NOT wearing a hat ?
By:
saxon farm
When: 05 Oct 16 19:05
^
Yes, no contractual sponsors obligations in Ryder Cup.  Was the same in The Olympics.
Some golfers really dislike wearing headgear, but have to due to sponsorship.
By:
Catch Me ifyoucan
When: 28 Mar 18 22:04
SIX MONTHS to go - 28th Sept 2018
By:
Catch Me ifyoucan
When: 17 May 18 22:05
Thomas Bjorn has confirmed a switch to the session format - with morning 4 x Fourballs and afternoon 4 x Foursomes on both Fri/Sat.

Bjorn hoping for leads going into both afternoons as America are stronger in foursomes. Americans smashed us 4-0 in first session of last Ryder Cup (Foursomes) and we never had a chance after that. Bjorn making right call playing fourballs first. America will have some deadly foursomes pairings. JT/Fowler, Spieth/Reed, DJ/Kuch.

While the 42nd Ryder Cup kicks off on Friday September 28th, the rivalry will be begin on Tuesday with the Ryder Cup Celebrity Match as part of a week-long schedule of events in Paris. EIGHT celebrities from Europe and USA compete in a nine-hole scramble at Le Golf National. This year the celebrity teams will comprise of a mix of stars from the world of film, sport and beyond. Jamie Dornan and Kelly Slater being the first two to be confirmed for Europe and USA respectively.

Dornan, an actor from Northern Ireland, will make his Celebrity Match debut in Paris. The 35 year old, who stars in the "50 Shades of Grey" franchise, is a keen golfer and plays off of a handicap of ten. He was also born in Holywood, Northern Ireland – the town where Rory McIlroy grew up. 
Kelly Slater is an American professional surfer. He has been crowned World Surf League Champion a record 11 times, including five consecutive titles in 1994–98. He is the youngest (at age 20) and the oldest (at age 39) to win the title. Slater represented USA in the 2016 Ryder Cup Celebrity Match in Hazeltine and is often spotted at golf events or pro-ams, playing off a handicap of three.

Next up for Team Europe is Luis Figo. Along with four La Liga winners medals, four Serie A winner medals, a FIFA World Player of the Year award and a Ballon d'Or, the Portuguese footballer is also an avid golfer and golf fan. The 45 year old represented Sporting CP, Barcelona, Real Madrid and Internazionale from 1989 to 2009 and was capped by Portugal more than 125 years, scoring 32 goals. He won the 2000 Ballon d'Or and the 2001 FIFA World Player of the Year titles and was once the most expensive footballer in the world, when he moved from Barcelona to Real Madrid for a fee of €62 million. Figo plays to a handicap of around 11 and has played in the European Tour's Dunhill Links Championship at St Andrews in three of the last four years, partnering Martin Kaymer, Matt Fitzpatrick and Ricardo Gouveia.
The second player announced on the US side is former Secretary of State Condoleezza Rice. After earning a bachelor’s degree from the University of Denver a master’s degree from Notre Dame, Rice went on to work under President Carter before becoming the second African American Secretary of State under the Bush administration. Following her time in office, Rice now teaches at Stanford University Graduate School of Business and likes to golf in her free time. In 2012 she became one of the first two female members of Augusta National Golf Club and continues to play regularly, off a handicap of 14.
The 2018 Celebrity Match will take place at Le Golf National on Tuesday from 2:00 to 5:45pm CEST.
By:
Catch Me ifyoucan
When: 13 Aug 18 14:58
Sunday’s deadline to qualify for the US Ryder Cup team came and went without any changes, which was not a huge surprise considering that Nos. 9 and 10 on the point list, Bryson DeChambeau and Phil Mickelson, respectively, both missed the cut at the PGA Championship.

There was, however, a shakeup on the European side, with Ian Poulter climbing from 12th on the world points list to eighth, bumping Paul Casey out of the automatic qualifiers; although Casey has until Sept. 2 to move back into the top 8 and qualify for the team.

THE US side.....
The top 8 players on the point list are now locked in to play the matches, led by PGA winner Brooks Koepka, Dustin Johnson, Justin Thomas, Patrick Reed, Bubba Watson, Jordan Spieth, Rickie Fowler & Webb Simpson.

Furyk names 3 Captains picks on 3rd Sept and one further pick on 9th Sept..... So WOODS (cert) PHIL, KUCHAR.....& maybe KISNER or DeCHAMBEAU / SCHAUFFELE ???

Bjorn picks his 4 on 5th Sept (after the 8 qualify thru the TOP EURO (2nd Sept) and OWGR (3rd Sept) Points sysytem).
By:
Catch Me ifyoucan
When: 19 Aug 18 20:30
Olesen's 4th at the Nordea (final-round 67 with 3 birdies in his last 7 holes) was too little too late but he moves past Paul Casey and Ian Poulter in a tight race for the fourth and final Ryder Cup spot via the World Points list this week. He's not far behind Fleetwood (4th) in the European Points list either. The top four players from both lists on Sept. 2 will qualify.
Poulter and Casey will both have a chance to move back in front next week at The Northern Trust, while the final qualifying week will include the PGA Tour event at TPC Boston and Olesen headlining the field in his homeland at the Made in Denmark.
Even if Olesen fails to qualify automatically for Paris, he's a possible pick from his countryman, Bjorn. In addition to the players who fail to qualify from the Olesen-Poulter-Casey trio, other candidates for Bjorn's quartet of picks will likely include Major Champs Sergio and Stenson.
By:
breezerboy
When: 21 Aug 18 14:15
I have 2 tickets for the Friday if anybody wants to make me an offer.
On Viagogo exact 2 tickets would cost around £2K.
I can not go due to family illness.
By:
Catch Me ifyoucan
When: 27 Aug 18 22:28
Step forward Mr DeCHAMBEAU
By:
trilby22
When: 31 Aug 18 08:18
https://www.rydercup.com/news-media/usa/search#news-media

https://www.rydercup.com/rankings
By:
trilby22
When: 31 Aug 18 08:19
https://www.rydercup.com/news-media/europe/search
By:
trilby22
When: 31 Aug 18 08:20
Thorbjørn Olesen will secure a Ryder Cup debut if he achieves a top-six finish on home soil at this week's Made in Denmark.

However, should the 28 year old finish down the leaderboard, English pair Matthew Fitzpatrick and Eddie Pepperell both have a chance to snatch the last automatic qualifying place on the European Team at Le Golf National next month.

Francesco Molinari, Justin Rose, Tyrrell Hatton, Tommy Fleetwood, Jon Rahm, Rory McIlroy and Alex Noren have already secured their places in Thomas Bjørn's lineup.

Rafa Cabrera Bello, Paul Casey and Ian Poulter were all unable to make up enough ground during last week's Northern Trust on the US PGA Tour to unseat Olesen from eighth place in the qualifying rankings, and will all now be hoping for a wild card pick.

That leaves Fitzpatrick and Pepperell in a position to prevent Olesen becoming only the third Dane to play in the Ryder Cup after Bjørn and Søren Hansen.

Fitzpatrick, who made his Ryder Cup debut two years ago at Hazeltine National, must land a fifth European Tour title at Silkeborg Ry. Should that happen, the 23 year old would need Olesen to finish no better than tied for seventh with two other players in order to dislodge him.

Pepperell's tie for ninth in the Czech Republic last week leaves him needing to win with Olesen outside the top 12 in order to qualify for what would be his Ryder Cup debut.

Captain Bjørn will complete his side by announcing his four selections for wild card picks on Wednesday September 5.
By:
Catch Me ifyoucan
When: 31 Aug 18 09:23
Peppered -4
Fitz -3
Olesen +1 Scared

Danish CUT -1
By:
ian merseyside
When: 31 Aug 18 15:32
Assuming Oleson gets the remaining place then who will the 4 picks be?  I would think Sergio and Poulter are nailed on. Stenson and Casey would be the other picks for me.
By:
Mighty Whites 2008
When: 31 Aug 18 16:53
Poulter nailed on for a pick. Casey and Stenson (injury permitting) will probably get the nod which would leave Rafa and Sergio for the last spot. On form it would have to be Rafa, Sergio has been shocking recently picking him would be like when Clarke went for Westwood.
Page 4 of 5  •  Previous | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | Next
sort by:
Show
per page

Post your reply

Text Format: Table: Smilies:
Forum does not support HTML
Insert Photo
Cancel
‹ back to topics
www.betfair.com