Forums
There is currently 1 person viewing this thread.
Catch Me ifyoucan
09 Jun 15 00:41
| Topic/replies: 18,579 | Blogger: Catch Me ifyoucan's blog
First, A WORD OF CAUTION.....Expect more late withdrawals tomorrow.

There's always a bit of intrigue in the week before the U.S. Open and this has been the last stop on the PGA Tour before the US Open since the FedEx Cup was introduced in 2007.
The result is that the field can vary from year to year, with numerous withdrawals in the run up to this event also now commonplace.

This WILL the case again this year with players qualifying for Chambers Bay and deciding their schedule is just too much before a MAJOR. With US Open Final Qualifying stage taking place TODAY, one often sees a number of notables bowing out of the SJC.

Paul Casey has already withdrawn from this week's FedEx St. Jude Classic. Casey is just the latest, but he's already exempt into the field at Chambers Bay.

Post your reply

Text Format: Table: Smilies:
Forum does not support HTML
Insert Photo
Cancel
Page 1 of 8  •  Previous 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | ... | 8 | Next
sort by:
Show
per page
Replies: 292
By:
Catch Me ifyoucan
When: 09 Jun 15 01:16
Some notable names to QUALIFY FOR THE US OPEN...(and may decide not play here)

Memphis, Tenn. - Charlie Beljan, Brain Harmon 66's, Andres Romero, Retief Goosen 150's.

Ball Ground, Ga. - Roberto Castro

Columbus, Ohio. - David Hearn 100's, Camilo Villegas, George McNeill 50's, Robert Streb, Alex Cejka, Kevin Chappell ? 100's.

Jupiter, Fla. - Luke Donald 40's.
By:
Catch Me ifyoucan
When: 09 Jun 15 01:35
Luke Donald OWGR #65 achieved the expected and sectional qualified for the U.S. Open today, conveniently staged on his home course - The Bears Club in Jupiter, Florida. It's hard to believe that the former top-ranked golfer in the world is already outside the bubble for automatic qualifying. 10 birdies, four bogeys and a double en route to 4-under-par 72-68=140 to tie two others for the medalist honours. 7th at The Honda is his best on TOUR this year. Luke posted a 77 in Rd3 at Wentworth meant a T38 finish, while a 76 on Sunday in Co Down gave him T18 (+4).
By:
Catch Me ifyoucan
When: 09 Jun 15 01:40
ALSO US OPEN qualified from Woodmont Country Club, Rockville, Md. - Billy Hurley III 300's (along with Cork's own Denny McCarthy & Timothy O'Neal !).
By:
Catch Me ifyoucan
When: 09 Jun 15 01:43
Denny McCarthy put together a near flawless second round to share medalist honors with former Navy standout Billy Hurley III at the Rockville, Md., U.S. Open qualifying site. McCarthy birdied four of the first five holes of his back nine at Woodmont Country Club’s North Course. He shot 70-68 – with a bogey on his final hole – to tie Hurley at 6-under 138.

McCarthy, who ended his final season at Virginia No. 31 in the Golfeweek/Sagarin College Rankings, was a semifinalist at the 2014 U.S. Amateur and helped lead Team USA to victory at the 2014 World Amateur Team Championship in Japan.

Of the 56 players who competed, three advanced to Chambers Bay. Joshua Persons and Timothy O’Neal finished 36 holes knotted at 142. It took three playoff holes for O’Neal to secure the final spot with birdie.

O’Neal, 42, became the first African-American to win the Georgia State Amateur in 1997. The Jackson State grad has competed worldwide on developmental tours and was once sponsored by actor Will Smith.

Hurley, a PGA Tour player who turns 33 on June 9, opened with a sparkling 66 at Woodmont. The round included an eagle on the par-4 11th. Hurley sputtered a bit on the back nine, posting three bogeys en route to an even-par 72.

Still, it was enough to give the former Walker Cupper and Naval Lieutenant his second start in a U.S. Open. Hurley tied for 48th last year at Pinehurst No. 2. From 2007-09, Hurley served as a lieutenant aboard a U.S. Navy destroyer.
By:
therhino
When: 09 Jun 15 12:08
Stinker of a field.
By:
pokeron
When: 09 Jun 15 12:13
mr every e/w @ 91's
By:
Ski-Wiz
When: 09 Jun 15 12:49
It's hard to believe that the former top-ranked golfer in the world is already outside the bubble for automatic qualifying.

That year when he was at the top is becoming a fading memory. Another example of someone changing their swing and then sinking without trace.
By:
Ski-Wiz
When: 09 Jun 15 12:51
DJ as fav at 7.4 is a joke. Not a penny matched yet. Just can't bring myself to back those golfers when their odds and 50% lower than last week.
By:
sheppy123
When: 09 Jun 15 13:29
I'm really struggling to find any value in this tournament. There's just nothing jumping out at me.
By:
Catch Me ifyoucan
When: 09 Jun 15 14:20
Shep,
Sometimes it's right in front of you - take Billy Horsch8te - 18's 6 places PP - The 2014 FedEx Cup winner finished T11 at Memorial (10-under, 22 birdies), coming off a T13 at THE PLAYERS while the 28-year-old was solo third at the Valero Texas Open. T6 here last year with 67,68,68&70 only 3 off winner Ben Crane. Thank me later.
By:
sheppy123
When: 09 Jun 15 15:31
Thanks CMIYC, you've done an excellent job of talking me in to it! One of the reasons I love betting on golf is the fact there's so many winners at big prices. So for this reason I tend to bypass the short prices. I like to trade which I find hard to do with short prices. As I become more experienced I find it easier to recognize value, although I'm way behind most people on here.

Good luck everybody...Happy
By:
sheppy123
When: 09 Jun 15 16:29
BH - BACKED - Already thinking of what to spend my winnings on!Laugh

CMIYC - Love your trademark brackets by the way!
By:
Si-K
When: 09 Jun 15 19:46
Willi Mcgirt 150/1
Scott Pinckney 90/1

And hopping on the Billy Horschel train to. Choo Choo
By:
Sultan
When: 09 Jun 15 22:21
Billy Horschel for me as well. Also backed Will Willcox at 100-1 only 5 places.Interesting in a weak field finished 22-mc-33-6-18-14 in last 6 outings. 19th in last years St Jude
By:
sheppy123
When: 10 Jun 15 16:33
Feel like I missed the boat with DJ. 7.6 to LAY yesterday seemed like a steal. It's on the up...
By:
bannahan
When: 10 Jun 15 20:19
Gone for more longuns in this, some may have there eye on next week and i wouldn't be surprised to see some at the top of the leaderboard miss the cut....these are darts and no more however...

LAIRD
OVERTON
NOH
GONZALO FC
JJ HENRY

Good luck all....hope to get a trade out of those at some point
By:
big dunc
When: 10 Jun 15 21:25
Backed Horschel and a nibble on Charlie Wi and Ben Curtis both  at 1000
By:
toberaheena
When: 10 Jun 15 21:33
Now, who really believes that Dusty will win this week. Me, I have put on a lay of 9.00 and will back him back for a very small profit and a smaller green on him winning. Should start at least 9.8 I would surmise as there is very low money to back him now. What do you big punters think ?
By:
stonecold-
When: 10 Jun 15 21:36
gone for  zak blair 150 ew 6 places also will wilcox 90 matt every 90 also small first round leaders all 3

gl
By:
furrelli
When: 10 Jun 15 22:54
a real lottery is the pga tour, i mean look at Villegas, nothing all year, avoids the cut last week & hey he's onto a course he loves, obe of numerous potentials at the 100 mark this week. gl all, better odds than the lottery at least.
By:
therhino
When: 11 Jun 15 14:31
Nice start for Dusty layers. Starting with a small green book after some early week trading, only current back is Big Carl. 8th and 3rd in last 2 trips and the Swedes are flying after last week, hopefully got his juices going.
By:
Clerkmore
When: 11 Jun 15 14:32
Dustin +3 after 3!
By:
Total Bosman
When: 11 Jun 15 16:06
Quick 9 for Dustin and off to Chambers.  What a pro.
By:
harter
When: 11 Jun 15 16:10
So DJ gets off to a bad start and decides he may as well quit. Wayne Gretzky must be so proud to have this womanizing, drug using quitter as a son in law.
By:
harter
When: 11 Jun 15 16:17
Knowing Dudtin I would say he didn't want to play this tournament but was obligated as past champ. Sohe put in a half-assed effort so he could withdraw "due to illness" and now will go and get some blow,scr*w one of the wives of a player that's in the field and then start practicing for the tournament he actually cares about at Chamber's Bay.
By:
Total Bosman
When: 11 Jun 15 16:52
Drift pre was pretty big, seemed a bit whiffy.  DJ's not one to be trusted, and you do see some "shrewd" price movements around Butch's stable from time to time.
By:
Can't Catch Me
When: 11 Jun 15 21:45
Shocking coverage so far. Chosen a few random has beens to follow. Palmer not sighted yet despite being -5 through 10.
By:
therhino
When: 11 Jun 15 22:11
Shocking stuff from DJ.
By:
Ski-Wiz
When: 12 Jun 15 00:25

Jun 11, 2015 -- 10:52AM, Total Bosman wrote:

Drift pre was pretty big, seemed a bit whiffy.

By:
Ski-Wiz
When: 12 Jun 15 00:26

Jun 11, 2015 -- 10:52AM, Total Bosman wrote:

Drift pre was pretty big, seemed a bit whiffy.

By:
Ski-Wiz
When: 12 Jun 15 00:26
FFFFFFFFFFFFFSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS

What was DJ price before the off?
By:
therhino
When: 12 Jun 15 08:09
I saw 9.4 ski but there was a late minute firm and he jumped at about 8.8
By:
Catch Me ifyoucan
When: 12 Jun 15 12:41
Rhino,
...any tips/info for Flemington tomorrow ?
Kindly PM me please
By:
therhino
When: 12 Jun 15 16:42
Speaking to the wrong guy cmiyc. I don't do horses.
By:
sheppy123
When: 12 Jun 15 16:53
If Palmer slips down the leaderboard any more he'll be meeting up with Horschel.
By:
Canaletto .
When: 12 Jun 15 20:56
I see Bowditch is revering to form

Crap bottler
By:
Canaletto .
When: 13 Jun 15 19:23
Add to the bottler list Koepka
By:
jaytay2
When: 13 Jun 15 19:33