Forums
Welcome to Live View – Take the tour to learn more
Start Tour
There is currently 1 person viewing this thread.
Bayes.
11 Apr 15 23:09
| Topic/replies: 718 | Blogger: Bayes.'s blog
I regularly market make on the final day of the majors but this one second delay is playing into the hands of the fast feed merchants.

They aren't even offering, they're just playing fill or kill.

Fine, if this is the way it has to go, but I won't be hanging around for it.
Pause Switch to Standard View Fill and kill hooverers on the one...
Show More
Report a bitofinterest April 11, 2015 11:16 PM BST
Cool
Report donny osmond April 11, 2015 11:28 PM BST
234 k
Report a bitofinterest April 11, 2015 11:32 PM BST
Surprised
Report Bayes. April 11, 2015 11:36 PM BST
Elaborate donny
Report a bitofinterest April 11, 2015 11:38 PM BST
donnys dysons got the game by the balls Cool
Report xmoneyx April 11, 2015 11:56 PM BST
many will crash burn if speith loses
Report Darlo Bantam April 11, 2015 11:59 PM BST
Intriguing post. I was surprised by the one-second delay. Is there a reason for it?
Report eightbo April 12, 2015 2:44 AM BST

Apr 11, 2015 -- 5:59PM, Darlo Bantam wrote:

Intriguing post. I was surprised by the one-second delay. Is there a reason for it?

unsure but it's happening across the markets, football golf etc.

from the footie post they don't state a reason

"putting you in total control with Betfair
We are also trialling reducing our in play delay in some TV games.  "

Report Rob_The_Bantam April 12, 2015 1:50 PM BST
It does seem a strange market to apply a one second delay to.  The pictures are notoriously slow, so it doesn't incentivise anyone to market make when your out of date prices are picked off and your fair ones are left alone.  Fair enough remove the delay when there's no play happening, but market makers need some protection, or the site will just have dead markets which benefits nobody.
Report Mighty Whites 2008 April 12, 2015 2:02 PM BST
the pictures are more than 5 seconds behind anyway so not sure it makes much difference.

Personally i have preferred the 1 second delay over recent months.
Report donny osmond April 12, 2015 2:05 PM BST
rob

we would need a two minute delay to make it fair for all, at all times

that obviously cant happen

an 8 second delay is great for football as we know sky is 8 seconds behind live

tonites coverage on bbc will probably  be liveish when leaders tee off and when final putt is holed
but will sag in the middle so beeb can remove ad breaks, they are no providing a service for gamblers

i cant work out why a one second delay is in operation, but its better than the farce of
5 seconds when that affords no real protection anyway
Report TheVis April 12, 2015 3:42 PM BST
If BF intend going 1 sec delay across all live sport it will kill in-running completely and by definition, the exchange will disappear.
Report Llamedos April 12, 2015 4:06 PM BST
I think the one second delay was implemented for the very reason noted above, specifically on USPGA Tournaments the picture delay was over 5 seconds, I think in some cases over 30 seconds, so it really makes no difference to in running if it is 1 second or 5 seconds, as a sometime in running layer I quite like the 1 second delay, I just changed my approach a little.
Report roida April 12, 2015 4:50 PM BST
7e live feed Wink
Report TheVis April 12, 2015 4:53 PM BST
With 1 sec delay the market makers will soon disappear = end of Betfair.
Report Bayes. April 12, 2015 8:07 PM BST
Just take a look. Nothing much there at market in running as no one can market make.

I use radio and if that's not good enough I have to sit out.
Report Knight Rider April 12, 2015 8:19 PM BST
I haven't done much in-running lately as I'm concentrating on other things.  But I think the hoovering teams must be delighted to have it at one-second; UNLESS it ends up killing liquidity completely.

They have guys at the course with a headset relaying the putts to people betting on the market, so with a one-second delay you've got bets hitting the market perhaps 1.5 secs after the putt drops.  Good luck finding a feed that even comes close to that.  The 5 seconds at least gave me a bit of a buffer so I could guess when is a good time to cancel (just lining up the putt etc).
Report Kelly April 13, 2015 11:31 AM BST
The "courtsiders" will always have the advantage , nothing can be done about it as far as I can see . Kills in running for serious punters unfortunately  , of limited interest for most nowadays .

Just make sure they dont scalp any of YOUR money . If they finish up betting against each other , so be it .
Report Catch Me ifyoucan April 10, 2019 2:53 PM BST
WHATSAPP , etc is instant
Post Your Reply
<CTRL+Enter> to submit
Please login to post a reply.

Wonder

Instance ID: 13539
www.betfair.com