Forums
Welcome to Live View – Take the tour to learn more
Start Tour
There is currently 1 person viewing this thread.
carlos12345
11 Apr 15 23:03
| Topic/replies: 11,378 | Blogger: carlos12345's blog
The course is too soft, on a course with little rough and few bunkers they have over the years made the greens lightening. This year greens are receptive and there is no wind. its too easy.

Add in the fact the leader is playing faultlessly. He is dull. makes no big mistakes, plays consistently yet not spectacularly.

snooze fest
Pause Switch to Standard View Most Boring Masters Ever?
Show More
Report xmoneyx April 11, 2015 11:05 PM BST
dull - 17
Report xmoneyx April 11, 2015 11:06 PM BST
Report therhino April 12, 2015 12:20 AM BST
2007-2008 were the worst. Last year wasn't great either.
Report Dan Chipowski April 12, 2015 1:08 AM BST
Sunday last year was an absolute snorefest.
Report donny osmond April 12, 2015 1:39 AM BST
i wonder what was said about tigers first win ?
Report mafeking April 12, 2015 2:17 AM BST
not been many thrillers in the last 20 years. winner almost always comes out of the final group. too easy to keep hold of the lead
Report NORTH BERWICK April 12, 2015 9:06 AM BST
I may be proved wrong, but the fact the OP thinks its virtually over suggests that it probably isnt.
Report TheCollector April 12, 2015 11:07 AM BST
Not if you're on Speith at 12/1 and Rose at 40/1Cool
Report TheCollector April 12, 2015 11:07 AM BST
Not if you're on Speith at 12/1 and Rose at 40/1Cool
Report kincsem April 12, 2015 2:20 PM BST
Collector.
Nice, very nice.  Good luck.
Report xmoneyx April 12, 2015 2:24 PM BST
collector---Excited
Report 1st time poster April 12, 2015 2:29 PM BST
masters has been boring for years
4 par 5,s all easily reachable
par 3,s with holes placed where you can get close by hitting into huge area,s which gather the ball to the holes
par 4 nearly reachable
as sky and the beeb keep trying to potray the course as a minefield nicklaus keeps telling them theres only 6 difficult shots in 18 holes,
unless the greens are lightening fast and the slopes come into play , augusta is not all that

and yes i havne had a runner from about 8 o clock on thurs night, Laugh
Report 1st time poster April 12, 2015 2:33 PM BST
might help liven it up a bit if all those people disguised as squirrels payed to hide in the trees and throw any balls that come in back onto the fairway,they should offer cars,holidays etc for any player who can hit it into the trees and leave it in there, LaughLaugh
Report Mighty Whites 2008 April 12, 2015 3:01 PM BST
The year schwartzel won was a cracker.

The best major over the last 5 years has nearly always been the PGA (baring kiawah) which is ironic as it is the least heralded.

There seems to have been a trend in recent years for run away leaders which have kind of spoiled the fun in many majors. I think it is in part due to the number of players who when on their games are very good.
Report bannahan April 12, 2015 3:21 PM BST
The roll off's could have been tighter, especially by the water, the greens are not quick enough but then if they start quick it becomes a near farce by day 4......i agree not the test we are used to watching but i don't think it has been boring at all. Just the fact that one guy is outscoring the others comfortably.
Report cricketnut2 April 12, 2015 6:18 PM BST
It may well get exciting this evening/afternoon, (where ever you are). Not really expecting Justin Rose, to make that big run, but Phil Mickelson, however if Jordon Speith plays ok, it will be all over, however this is the biggest major of the lot, so a few nerves, could well creep into the youngster, despite him, having played in the final group, last year.
Report carlos12345 April 12, 2015 11:02 PM BST
clinical display, zero excitement
Report Howdi April 12, 2015 11:21 PM BST
Rishi and DJ sharing a spliff great scenes
Report pandora1963 April 12, 2015 11:30 PM BST
great performance but total anti climax as a tournament
Report sickoflayinwinners April 12, 2015 11:32 PM BST
1st time poster is right about the par 5s, 8 irons into par 5s n ot really fun. fair play to the winner hes putted 12- 15 shots better thn anyone elsei think youd find the way he shoves those drives out to the right if he did that at carnoostie hed have to putt like he has to make the cut.lets be fair the average golfr couldn't hit it across these fairways
Report sickoflayinwinners April 12, 2015 11:34 PM BST
sadly weve got the open at  that khazi st Andrews so another putting comp if theres no wind
Report saxon farm April 13, 2015 1:02 AM BST
^
Agreed. St Andrews will be dull.  No wind & R&A will put in very tough pins for birdies, but 2 putt pars will be no problem.
Report pandora1963 April 13, 2015 1:23 AM BST
tigers fave course
Report Colldogg April 13, 2015 1:28 AM BST
I found it very dull, why did they leave the rough by the water hazards long so that many balls got caught on the hill?

Fair play to Spieth, he played faultlessly and deserved the win. It's not his fault how the course played this week and that is brand of Golf isn't the most entertaining to watch.
Report racingguru April 13, 2015 7:38 AM BST
Deserving winner but no excitement or drama whatsoever. Lie a 3 mile handicap chase where half the fences have been taken out because of low sun and the winner is led, soon clear, always comfortably holding rivals, not extended.

Am trying to get my ten year old into golf and this was very hard to hold his enthusiasm on any day. His comment was "Dad this is rubbish. When is the Ryder cup?"
Report Si-K April 13, 2015 4:11 PM BST
Truly awful, worst masters in my memory. Hopefully i never see soft greens again
Report 1st time poster April 13, 2015 4:57 PM BST
rory didnt turn up till 10 0 clock sunday night and still finished 4th 6 behind,one that got away for the boy wonder
Report ph. April 13, 2015 5:30 PM BST
the kid was fearless and peerless and treated Augusta like a park course. Not overawed he blitzed the place and every one of those who lined up against him. The Casey interview told you everything, Speith's peers were seriously impressed. We could have a few years of Speith and Rory ahead. Long live the Kings!
Report Ski-Wiz April 13, 2015 6:15 PM BST
It wasn't that boring......just below average.....Spiff's putting was a joy to watch.
Report 1st time poster April 13, 2015 7:18 PM BST
so thats no one will beat,
tiger at masters
rory at masters
speith at masters
bubba at masters
seems to me anyone hitting their straps on the right day at the right time can win the masters
Report charwell. April 13, 2015 9:08 PM BST
Strangely was very dull.

I actually prefer the US Open. A very hard test of golf and it should be as a major. The PGA is usually rubbish. The Open is great if it's windy, and not at St Andrews on a hot summers day. The Masters is usually terrific, but not for me this time.
Report McCoy Carp April 13, 2015 10:30 PM BST
It was over for me after day two, (maybe day 1)probably for everyone else unless you backed Speith. Watched the last round, it was ok, but Speith was robotic and couldn't warm to him. Also, am I the only one who thinks that the last hole is one of the worst in golf? All the other holes have a sense of being enclosed, and you get a feel for the course, but after the drive, this hole opens up and the green and surround appear desolate, featureless, and out of place compared to what's gone before.
Report TheCollector April 14, 2015 12:56 PM BST
Even backing Spieth I must admit it wasn't the same this year. Bring back the lightning greens and when have you ever seen balls resting on the banks of the 12th, 13th and 15th?
Report Marlas_Magic April 14, 2015 6:02 PM BST
Spieth was oddly the only one of the leaders who didn't benefit from the roll offs into the water. Mickelson at 12, Rose at 15 etc. Amazed they just didnt shave them down more. Takes a lot away from the spectacle.
Report hitmanhearn April 14, 2015 9:03 PM BST
Absolutely bored me to death. I never thought I would say that about a major. U.S Open much better imo as is The Open usually. Even prefer Sawgrass to Augusta.
Report hitmanhearn April 14, 2015 9:05 PM BST
And yes he is very Dull. Like a robot really ... Wish I was on.
Report Mighty Whites 2008 April 14, 2015 10:08 PM BST
hit man kaymer and mcilroy have run away with the us open in recent years hard to remember more boring weekends than those
Report anfeild April 15, 2015 3:35 AM BST
Damp course and someone shoots lights out thats really it. The masters next year in dry conditions could be totally different. Kaymer same blew them away on a difficult track. It happens if someone turns up and shoots lights out then it's boring. I was on speith. He is the real deal but majors like this are not the norm. However spseith is the real deal and rory needs to get rid of (the distractions). Niall horan on the bag sends a sign out that is wrong imo.
Report Craig The Speculator April 15, 2015 3:50 AM BST
can't see it as boring - the winner just held his nerve in an amazing performance

my criticism is the coverage - the number of ads here on both the Australian channels was beyond belief and I am thinking that has to do with the feed from the organisers
Report Ski-Wiz April 15, 2015 4:37 PM BST
To be fair......the previous months was very exciting..........sod law of average said we were overdue a 'boring' tournament and it just happened on the Masters week.
Report kincsem April 15, 2015 8:00 PM BST
Very boring and in my case expensive.  My guess is trading was very light because 95% of punters could tear up their bets after the first 18.
Perhaps it is time to let the "rough" grow a few inches at Augusta.  It is a course for a gorilla and/or someone with a good putting touch.
Report Catch Me ifyoucan April 10, 2019 1:55 PM BST
HOPE some of the DEBUTANTS make it interesting this year Devil
Report Catch Me ifyoucan April 11, 2019 11:27 PM BST
THE DEBUTANTS did make the morning rounds interesting BUT hope it not the DJ/BROOKS fighting/not fighting Headlines for the rest of the week Devil
Report Catch Me ifyoucan April 11, 2019 11:50 PM BST
zzzzzzzzzzz yawn Blush
Report Catch Me ifyoucan April 12, 2019 12:08 AM BST
Meanwhile, IN OTHER BREAKING NEWS.....

The unmanned Israeli spacecraft Beresheet has failed upon its final descent to the moon. The Beresheet was launched from Cape Canaveral with the aid of a SpaceX Falcon 9 rocket in February. Beresheet is Hebrew for "in the beginning."
Only three nations — the U.S., Russia and China — have successfully landed spacecraft on the lunar surface. Scientists are trying to determine what caused the engine failure, dooming the spacecraft to travel too quickly to land safely. "We will try again," said Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu, vowing to make a successful moon landing in the next two years.
Report Catch Me ifyoucan April 12, 2019 7:15 PM BST
THANK YOU BROOKS (you choker Laugh )..... saved the weekend's viewing.

WHAT SCORE WINS IT ? Molinari leads at -6
Post Your Reply
<CTRL+Enter> to submit
Please login to post a reply.

Wonder

Instance ID: 13539
www.betfair.com