Forums
There is currently 1 person viewing this thread.
These 290 comments are related to the topic:
The Masters antepost

Post your reply

Text Format: Table: Smilies:
Forum does not support HTML
Insert Photo
Cancel
Page 8 of 8  •  Previous | 1 | ... | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | Next
sort by:
Show
per page
Replies: 290
By:
Si-K
When: 06 Apr 16 18:28
There isnt that many channels and events being broadcast in 4k yet so i wouldnt go racing off to specifically get a 4k tv but the quality is fabulous. Augusta in 4k glory makes me envious!
By:
xmoneyx
When: 06 Apr 16 18:31
it would be like being a member in your livingroom
By:
xmoneyx
When: 06 Apr 16 18:38
put that wrongPlainExcited

for now push settee closer to tele
By:
charwell.
When: 06 Apr 16 19:54
Smith, Cameron (Australia): 4th in the 2015 US Open, but form very poor since.

5 cuts made in a row, 19th last week and 11th @ AT&T.

Not a bad shout @ nearly 1,000-1!
By:
Catch Me ifyoucan
When: 06 Apr 16 23:53
Congratulations to Jimmy Walker on his record-setting Par 3 Contest win ! We all know that stat Devil
By:
Mike-lfc
When: 07 Apr 16 10:41
Paul Casey seems free on his 3 balls
By:
Catch Me ifyoucan
When: 08 Apr 16 01:28
Below we have a range of other interesting stats from the overall field and leader after Round One of The Masters 2016.

Scoring.....
Eagles – 6
Birdies – 250
Pars – 954
Bogeys – 348
Double Bogeys – 44

Greens Hit.....
60% – The average percentage of greens hit in regulation. Spieth managed to hit 67% of greens hit while Matthew Fitzpatrick and Justin Rose who hit an incredible 83% are the players who topped the greens in regulation list.

Fairways Hit.....
68% – The average percentage of fairways hit. The current leader Spieth managed hit 8/14 fairways for a total of 57%.
One player hit all 14 fairway drives, (100%) and that was Argentine Emiliano Grillo who finished at -1.
He's the only player from the 20 first timers who managed to hit under par in round one. Goes to show experience really is vital at the Masters (or alternatively hit all the fairways).

Longest Drive.....
1st: Garcia – 311yards
2nd: Holmes – 310yards
3rd: Leishman – 308yards

Average Driving Distance.....
272 yards – The average driving distance from off the tee.
Spieth managed to make an average driving distance of 262 yards. Proving distance isn’t everything Sergio.

Average Putts.....1.69 – The average putts per hole. Spieth averaged 1.39 putts per hole.

Bookies Top 7.....
Jordan Spieth – 9/4
Rory McIlroy – 9/2
Jason Day – 11/1
Justin Rose – 11/1
Sergio Garcia – 22/1
Shane Lowry - 25/1
Paul Casey 33/1.
By:
kincsem
When: 08 Apr 16 03:46
Catch Me ifyoucan
Goes to show experience really is vital at the Masters (or alternatively hit all the fairways).

I'm saying it again, and will keep repeating it.  That is a daft stat.
The player in second place on -4 Danny Lee did play before once.
Yes, he played as an 18 year old amateur.  Now seven years later he is playing in his second Masters and doing better than 86 other players.
The Masters committee invite six young inexperienced amateurs every year, inexperienced in professional tournaments.  It is a good way of ensuring that they can not win the Masters on their first attempt.

Winners Phil Mickelson, Trevor Immelman, Tiger Woods, Jose Maria Olazabal, Mark O'Meara, Ben Crenshaw, Jack Nicklaus, Craig Stadler, Tom Watson and probably many more first played as amateurs.

Years ago the European Tour didn't start tournaments until about May.  Most European players could not afford to travel to the US Masters if invited (Ireland's Christy O'Connor was invited many time but could not afford to go), and if they did go they had no form at that time of year.
Many European professionals started their year on the African circuit, Nigeria, Kenya, Zambia.  They often got free air travel and stayed for free in the homes of local golf club members.  The got free tournament experience in sunshine.  I know. I was there.
By:
unclepuncle
When: 08 Apr 16 08:38
For the sake of having something interesting to watch at the weekend just got to hope Spieth doesn't shoot another similar round today (shot 64 last year of course). It got so boring I didn't even watch the back nine on Sunday last year.Shocked
By:
Catch Me ifyoucan
When: 09 Apr 16 01:26
TOP DEBUTANT BETTING...

Daniel Berger 5             
Bryson DeChambeau 5             
Kiradech Aphibarnrat 5
Smylie Kaufman 8             
Emiliano Grillo 8
Troy Merritt 10
Rafael Cabrera Bello 11
Justin Thomas 18
Kevin Kisner 25
Cameron Smith 28
Romain Langasque 33
By:
Catch Me ifyoucan
When: 05 Apr 19 23:52
Catch Me ifyoucan • April 4, 2016 8:16 PM BST
10 of the last 16 Masters winners were ranked in the Top 10 in the OWGR.

WILLETT WON - he was OWRG #12.

Where's the TOP DEBUTANT BETTING ffs Tongue Out
Page 8 of 8  •  Previous | 1 | ... | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | Next
sort by:
Show
per page

Post your reply

Text Format: Table: Smilies:
Forum does not support HTML
Insert Photo
Cancel
‹ back to topics