Forums
There is currently 1 person viewing this thread.
These 290 comments are related to the topic:
The Masters antepost

Post your reply

Text Format: Table: Smilies:
Forum does not support HTML
Insert Photo
Cancel
Page 5 of 8  •  Previous | 1 | ... | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | Next
sort by:
Show
per page
Replies: 290
By:
leroyb
When: 08 Apr 15 17:41
ack how did tiger drop 14 pts this afternoon?
By:
Danno
When: 08 Apr 15 18:05
Who would you totally rule out, or lay your house against.  I don't mean the 1000/1 shots, but of those in, say, the top 20-25 of the betting, who do you think hasn't got a cat's chance in hell due to the course/form/temperament etc???
By:
ashleigh
When: 08 Apr 15 18:08
m leishman pulls out to be with his ill wife.
By:
vegasdreams
When: 08 Apr 15 18:33
well picked my starting team, have followed a kinda stat focusing on their top tens this year, over the last 4 years, the top 5 have practically all had multiple top tens in that season and with it only april i thought it stood out

2014 - winner bubba 4 top tens - 2nd speith 3TT -4th Jimenez 2TT - 5th Kucher 4TT
2013 - winner Scott 2tt - 2nd cabrera 0tt 3rd day 2tt - 4th woods 3tt - 5th sneds 4tt
2012 - winner bubba 3tt - 2nd oousty 3tt - 3rd - micleson and westy both 3tt
2011 - winner schartzel - 4tt - next 4 had 1 each

with this in mind i'm going for all the players with 4 top tens or more there's 8 of em...

speith 12/1
j.walker 22/1
d.johnson 18/1
B.watson 12/1
matsuyama 80/1
s.m.bae 400/1
snedeker 50/1
b.weisberger 300/1

posted earlier i have a few 1000 shots and B.Martin at 700+ which is still huge imo

Good luck all - i'll post my B team friday lol
By:
vegasdreams
When: 08 Apr 15 19:03
Adding the players with 3 top tens and over 200/1
Kevin Na 235.7
Miguel Angel Jimenez 380
Robert Streb 500
By:
kincsem
When: 08 Apr 15 19:41
Danno
Who would you totally rule out, or lay your house against.  I don't mean the 1000/1 shots, but of those in, say, the top 20-25 of the betting, who do you think hasn't got a cat's chance in hell due to the course/form/temperament etc???

I would say Rory McIlroy.  He goes best on a soft, slow course and windless conditions.
There is a nice gusty breeze forecast most days, and the rain forecast is iffy (might be thunderstorms, might be nothing).  He isn't a battler.  He either wins easily, or he doesn't want to know.
By:
Ski-Wiz
When: 08 Apr 15 19:55

Apr 8, 2015 -- 6:05PM, Danno wrote:

Who would you totally rule out, or lay your house against.

By:
kincsem
When: 08 Apr 15 19:56
This is getting ridiculous
http://www.pgatour.com/style-report/2015/04/07/golf-style-insider-masters-apparel-scripts-augusta-national.html
... but is saved by the Time Herron collection (down at the end).
By:
Ski-Wiz
When: 08 Apr 15 19:57

By:
Ski-Wiz
When: 08 Apr 15 19:58
FFS

Day...why is odds is so low is a mystery.
By:
kincsem
Time Herron 2014 outfits
http://www.pga.com/news/golf-buzz/tim-herron-masters-scripting-goes-hilariously-off-script
By:
sammydogcat
Can't comment on the wind but surely the more it rains the more it suits the longer hitters I
I.e. Rory
By:
vegasdreams
When: 08 Apr 15 20:39

By:
tim6
When: 08 Apr 15 20:54
Anyone know if weather suits early/late starters or is weather good for
the four days
By:
vegasdreams
When: 08 Apr 15 21:19
has my post  under quote disapeared? or did it now show in the first place?

cheers
By:
Can't Catch Me
When: 08 Apr 15 22:19
Day...why is odds is so low is a mystery.

Hardly a 'mystery' IMO. Excellent course form and probably in the best form he's ever been coming into the event. What price do you think he should be?
By:
therhino
When: 08 Apr 15 22:23
Indeed, nothing wrong with JD's odds. He's the one I think will be wearing green come Sunday. but I think being last off on Thursday means at some point at least, he will be anywhere between 4 and 7 shots back at some point before hitting a ball, and we see a drift of a point or so, maybe a little more. Waiting to get him on side.
By:
vegasdreams
When: 08 Apr 15 23:41
Been having a look thru the other markets and think there is some good value bets especially coupling a few which are extra good as they will last the full 4 days and are likely going to be tight. nip tuck all the way.
Here's my Best Bet's...

TOP ENGLISH (6 runners laying 3 of them creating  a 3 v 3 versus match)
(laying these three )       (my runners)
Rose/poulter/westwood  V   willet/casey/donald

Roughly odds are 1.5 when coupled - seens you have the only two people showing any form laying odds on seems a snip

TOP DUBUTANT - LAY KOEPKA @ 4/1! - He's had an injury alongside showing no for his last four outing, can't fathom this one, up against 18 other runners, 13 of which have a live chance of beating him imo.

TOP SENIOR - LAY JIMENEZ AND fRED COUPLES (Evens)- I'm laying just under even money and have v'jay, langer, o'meara + 5 others onside

TOP US - LAY SPEITH, BUBBA AND D.JOHNSON coupled 2/1 ish and you have a hell of a list of runners - walker/phi M/reed/kuch/sneds/fowler/woods + many many more!!

TOP CONT EUROPE - LAY STENSON AND GARCIA - Again around even money the lay but you have a nice mix of golfers onside  - kaymer/dubuison/weisberger/luiten + some other proven winners, shading odds on it's a must for me.

TOP IRISH - LAY RORY @ 1.4 - Worthy fav but if the win looks out of reach early he could get complacent and i have couple of good golfers onside, lowry/harrington/G'mac.
By:
stickyvicky
When: 08 Apr 15 23:55
Peter Alliss sponsored by Madam Tussauds this year
By:
brucewayne
When: 08 Apr 15 23:59
Again like others I fancy Day strongly! Fits the bill perfectly - from his interview the other day he seemed extremely confident and open about it which to be I like to see. He doesn't beat around the bush, he's realistic and knows he has a very good chance. Just hope the course doesn't play into Rory's hands with the rain etc. Stenson is the worst value out of everyone. A Bubba repeat is unlikely but not out of the question. Think Scott will go well, have my reservations about Speith (After all his exertions over the last few months it may be burn out time). Jimmy walker could be a dark horse.
By:
Ski-Wiz
When: 09 Apr 15 00:16

Apr 8, 2015 -- 10:19PM, Can't Catch Me wrote:

Day...why is odds is so low is a mystery.Hardly a 'mystery' IMO. Excellent course form and probably in the best form he's ever been coming into the event. What price do you think he should be?

30 to 40

By:
pantsonfire
When: 09 Apr 15 00:39
Westwood and Senden for me so far. Main bet is Todd for top debutant but he has drifted alarmingly today. Any chance of posting your picks Ski-Wiz or should we wait for Sunday evening again?
By:
vegasdreams
When: 09 Apr 15 00:57
scrapped my win book completely, i'd made my bets on a single stat which is no good, i looked at who i had and was'nt happy, mind i'm £8.89 green with a few free 1000/1 shots, lol :)

new team tommorrow!!
By:
vegasdreams
When: 09 Apr 15 01:18
Steve Stricker @ 380!!!

this to me is one of the biggest overpricing i think i've ever seen, yes he is playing less now and in the long run will dull his game but as far as i see, It has'nt yet! and two top tens last year and two top tens at augusta = I'm lumping on with a veiw to taking stake back, @ around 200 i think
By:
Can't Catch Me
When: 09 Apr 15 06:34
Saw an interview with him yesterday and said he only started hitting drivers last week and wasn't expecting much this week.
By:
SamH_123
When: 09 Apr 15 09:35
how dry can the sub-air system actually make the greens?

from what I'm reading it can totally dry them out in a few hours.  add a bit of wind and soft fairways making the course play longer and maybe conditions will be tougher than people realise?
By:
padlock
When: 09 Apr 15 09:54
As dry as they want them to get ..
By:
Mike-lfc
When: 09 Apr 15 10:01
£10 on Ousthuizen at 65/1, £10 on Speith at 12/1 and £5 on Ryan Moore at 120/1
By:
bannahan
When: 09 Apr 15 10:12
Ooosty
Bradley
Villegas
Hahn
Sang Moon Bae
Woodland
Luiten
Noh
Mahan

Started light with a few longuns. See where I stand Saturday.
By:
laluche
When: 09 Apr 15 10:13
luiten top 20: 6/1

Kuchar: 45
By:
Si-K
When: 09 Apr 15 10:16
Mahan
Kuchar
Blubba
Westwood

ogilvy
Hoffman x 2
Compton
Gallacher

MAJ top 20 @ 7/1
Anytime Albatross 16/1

Gl everyone DevilExcited
By:
firstimevisor
When: 09 Apr 15 11:38
Billy Horschel outright
Olazabal top spaniard
By:
Ski-Wiz
When: 09 Apr 15 11:47
For now........mostly traded throughout the year.

Jordan Spieth    
Bubba Watson
Dustin Johnson
Adam Scott    
Henrik Stenson    
Jimmy Walker    
Tiger Woods    
Patrick Reed    
Rickie Fowler    
J.B. Holmes    
Justin Rose    
Matt Kuchar    
Keegan Bradley    
Ian Poulter    
Jim Furyk
Zach Johnson    
Hunter Mahan    
Martin Kaymer    
Charl Schwartzel    
Charley Hoffman    
Graeme McDowell    
Danny Willett
Brian Harman
By:
johnnythebull
When: 09 Apr 15 12:10
conundrum within an enigma 2 find the victor
don't fancy any of the bigged up faves
don't normally like those who are f*cking about with different putters BUT
cometh the hour cometh the man
step forward A Scott..horses for courses..my main bet..shouldn't be a million miles away come Sun pm
lesser interests on Oosty(been showing flashes of form,is his back ok?..who knows..class act,nearly won it the other year)
Palmer,Koepka,Moore,V Dub,Haas,Kirk,Grace,C Hoff & big Berndt
GL to all
By:
Back High Lay Low
When: 09 Apr 15 12:42
H Mahan 140
B Haas 150
G Woodland 120
T Casey 70
By:
budddy
When: 09 Apr 15 12:48
gotta love this time of year. Gl all.

main bets:
jimmy walker
zach johnson
fred couples
jason day
---------------
(smallbet)
billy horshel
russell henley
ernie eels
tiger

im excited Love
By:
vegasdreams
When: 09 Apr 15 13:13
Gone with main bets of bubba and mickleson - how bubba isn't fav bewilders me, in top form and proven to be the one man who can rip this course a new one! and phil coming back to a bit of form - simple fact is... it's augusta, if the lefty's are in form you back them, course is made for lefties and the bias is huge!!!

my others are all huge prices, win and top ten
Kevin Na

Charley Hoffman

Shane Lowry

Bernd Wiesberger

Cameron Tringale

Robert Streb

Ben Martin

Thomas Bjorn

Thongchai Jaidee

steve stricker
By:
vegasdreams
When: 09 Apr 15 13:30
couple of 1st round leader punts

Miguel Angel Jimenez
Ryan Palmer
Morgan Hoffmann
By:
kincsem
When: 09 Apr 15 18:55
The last seven US Masters winners started with a round in the sixties.
By:
Ski-Wiz
When: 10 Apr 15 14:21
Added

Phil Mickelson
Ernie Els
Paul Casey
Russell Henley
Page 5 of 8  •  Previous | 1 | ... | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | Next
sort by:
Show
per page