Forums
There is currently 1 person viewing this thread.
These 290 comments are related to the topic:
The Masters antepost

Post your reply

Text Format: Table: Smilies:
Forum does not support HTML
Insert Photo
Cancel
Page 4 of 8  •  Previous | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | ... | 8 | Next
sort by:
Show
per page
Replies: 290
By:
marychain1
When: 05 Apr 15 00:32
The dead heat rules apply bit is easy, that applies to any bet.

the £25 steak means if you put £50 each way on and your golfer finishes 6th or 7th, you get paid the each way part of your bet for £25 and the other £25 is a loser. (I think).
By:
Colldogg
When: 05 Apr 15 01:22
I've added Henley and Grace e/w at 150/1 7 places and Tringale 400/1 at 5 places. Think Henley especially was overpriced and I think Henley has the game to challenge at Augusta at some point and he's such a good putter.
By:
brucewayne
When: 05 Apr 15 04:16
Rhino, it has been quite some time since we discussed predictions on the forum. (No fault of your own). I completely agree with your self and TB with regards to Speith; class act. My pick this year isn't exactly out of the blue but not many are really talking his chances up. I on the other hand will .....Jason day.

That is really all I need to say. Ticks so many of the boxes of a 'to be masters champion' The price doesn't bother me in the slightest I had the same feeling when I backed Scott to win! Day hits it a long way, GIR is solid for the most part, knows how to putt on the fast and slick Augusta greens; scoring average is top notch.....and most of all he is going to win one of the big ones sooner or later,
By:
therhino
When: 05 Apr 15 07:54
Howdi Batman. There is no disagreeing with Day as a selection next week.
By:
dazmacccccc
When: 05 Apr 15 08:45
is there a website which has past results of players finishing positions for the masters like smartgolfbets used to have?otherwise its going to be a lot of effort scrolling through each one individually
By:
fringe up walk on
When: 05 Apr 15 10:30
Maybe its been said earlier on this thread but just watch Ladbrokes and others offer 7s on Rory on wed morning, happens every year , hence im layin the 7.4 on here.
Having said that he will be 6.6 lay on thursday once it starts , just a heads up to those who are listening .
HASHTAG Cant wait.
By:
Handles
When: 05 Apr 15 15:48
Yeah just takes one bookie to offer a stand out price and many will follow. Should get much bigger price on Rory Tues/Weds morning. Market at around 105 at the moment (once NR's removed and assuming the past champs won't compete). Usually closer to 102 ish when the layers come out later on. Can see most of the top guys firming up a fair bit in the next day or so.
By:
callitasucit
When: 05 Apr 15 22:39
dazmazz...golfbettingsysytem.co.uk
By:
DickTurpin
When: 06 Apr 15 10:47
Backed RYAN PALMER at 140..............still 100.
By:
therhino
When: 06 Apr 15 11:53
Miguel is 51 foz, has never won on the PGA Tour let alone a major and the best players are in great form. Should be 600-1 imo, is 320 on here.
By:
therhino
When: 06 Apr 15 12:27
My point is he has never won. A 1st time winner on the PGA tour in his fifties at Augusta of all places would be I think, the biggest shock in the history of the sport. But if you think the price is right and he has a shot, go for it. Just can't see it happening.
By:
therhino
When: 06 Apr 15 12:49
None of them were in their fifties trying to win their first tour title at the Masters.
By:
therhino
When: 06 Apr 15 12:56
Geez. What's with the angst? You asked for thought on Miguel and I gave you mine. Not going to get into an argument about it. All the best to you.
By:
dlarssonf
When: 06 Apr 15 13:07
fozwald he never said a 250-1 poke won't win , all he is saying is that he should be a lot bigger of a price and I agree
By:
Si-K
When: 06 Apr 15 13:12
Thoughts on 16/1 for anytime albatross? Had a small dabble for fun and probably because we have seen so many hole in ones / great hole outs in the past few months.. Will probably back a few players to get a hole in one too Grin Aghh i love the masters
By:
therhino
When: 06 Apr 15 13:42
Trying to figure out what is so bad about Webb Simpsons form this year that he is 240 on here. Augusta form not great, but it is a course where experience helps so should change at some point. Scrambling stats very good, par 5 scoring very good, both important.
By:
brucewayne
When: 06 Apr 15 15:15
fozwald you'd be safer pissing into the wind and eating chalk at the same time instead of backing MAJ - in my humble opinion. I do however think your talk of Harrington merits a small bet for a top ten finish. He had a poor finish to his weekend at the Houston open but has actually came back into a bit of form and like you stated has some decent finishes in his career at Augusta. Webb doesn't have the length off the tee i'm afraid rhino. It's a bombers paradise as we all know.
By:
vegasdreams
When: 06 Apr 15 18:07
made my first play, i just cant resist lol

Kevin Stadler
Winner    870
Erik Compton
Winner    880
Thongchai Jaidee
Winner    1000   
Ben Crane
Winner    1000
James Hahn
Winner    1000
Mark OMeara
Winner    1000
Anirban Lahiri
Winner    1000

and Ben Martin who i believe is especially big @ 780 having a proper bet on him top 20 top10 top 5 and win, just fun fivers on the others Excited
By:
kincsem
When: 06 Apr 15 18:27
I posted this on another forum (boards.ie)

One of the biggest reasons there are few first-time US Masters winners escapes most people.
This reason makes it a dubious stat - amateurs.
Six amateurs are invited to the US Masters annually. These are the best amateurs in the world, mostly young players, three of them winners of major US amateur titles.
This policy imo spikes the chances of a first-time win for many players as they start as inexperienced amateurs.

Of the 52 winners since 1963 24 had their first experience at Augusta as amateurs:
Jack Nicklaus (6); Tiger Woods (4); Phil Mickleson (3); Jose-Maria Olazabal (2); Ben Crenshaw (2); Tom Watson (2); Mark O'Meara (1); Craig Stadler (1), Tommy Aaron 1973 (1), Charles Coody 1971 (1), and Trevor Immelman 2008 (1).

Since first-time winner Fuzzy Zoeller 36 years ago in 1979 there have been 14 non-USA winners, 16 winners who played first as amateurs, and Larry Mize; Fred Couples; Zach Johnson; Bubba Watson.

US Masters 1988-2014: first time starters / best finishes
2014 - 2nd Jordan Spieth, Jonas Blixt
2013 - 6th Thorbjorn Olesen
2011 - 2nd Jason Day
2009 - 6th John Merrick
2005 - 3rd Luke Donald, 5th Mark Hensby
2004 - 6th Paul Casey
2003 - 2nd Len Mattiace playoff (played once before in 1988 as amateur)
2002 - 9th Adam Scott
2001 - 4th Toshimitsu Izawa
1999 - 6th Carlos Franco
1997 - 3rd Tommy Tolles
1994 - 8th Ernie Els
1993 - 3rd Tom Lehman
1990 - 3rd John Huston
1984:  3rd David Edwards, three shots behind Ben Crenshaw.
1982:  2nd Dan Pohl lost a playoff to Craig Stadler
1981 - 4th Greg Norman
1966 - 8th Ray Floyd

This 2015 US Masters professional 1st time starters are:
Erik Compton; James Hahn; Brian Harman; Morgan Hoffman; Brooks Koepka (injured?);
Shane Lowry; Seung-Yul Noh; Robert Streb; Brendon Todd; Cameron Tringale; Danny Willett.
By:
kincsem
When: 06 Apr 15 18:55
1982 Dan Pohl:  In 1980, Pohl led the tour in driving average at 274.1 yards, and again in 1981 with a 280.1 yard average. (Wiki)
2011 Jason Day:  15th in PGA driving distance in 2010, 14th in 2011
2009 John Merrick:   29th in PGA driving distance in 2009, 20th in 2008
By:
Blackwater
When: 07 Apr 15 02:43
I'm tempted so side with Adam Scott at 25's.

He's going back to the belly putter (last chance to use it here) and his recent record at Augusta is second only to Bubba's.

Any thoughts on how easy/difficult it is to switch betweeen clubs like this?
By:
Back High Lay Low
When: 07 Apr 15 06:10

Feb 7, 2015 -- 12:13PM, Back High Lay Low wrote:

10,000/1 available on Ben Crenshaw

50,000/1 now at Skigh Bet

By:
Handles
When: 07 Apr 15 09:53
Russell Henley's club's not arrived. Lost in transit - not a great start for him!
By:
sheppy123
When: 07 Apr 15 10:12
I'm a bit confused. Betfair says that Haas & Todd are non runners, but they're still on the list??? So are they playing???
By:
Handles
When: 07 Apr 15 10:39
Well spotted. Bill Haas did a TV interview last night from the range so i believe he's very much playing.
By:
therhino
When: 07 Apr 15 10:57
2015 Masters: Tiger Woods reportedly flirts with 30 in nine holes on Monday
By Kyle Porter | Golf Writer
April 6, 2015 8:10 pm ET

Could this week be the most special of Tiger Woods' career? (Getty Images) Could this week be the most special of Tiger Woods' career? (Getty Images)

So, Tiger Woods. Is he back...again?

According to several on-course reports, Woods shot something around a 30 (!) on his first nine holes in a Monday practice round with Mark O'Meara.

We did (and still are) underestimating the Big Cat. Is he going to prove us wrong? Geoff Shackelford was on site and describes what he saw on the first hole on Monday.

After a, um, relaxed showing on the driving range, Shackelford says Woods took it to the next level on the course.

"If the range swagger was a statement, the body language on course all but spilled over the top. Woods blew his first tee shot into his usual spot on the 9th fairway, where Woods also gets his mail when he's in Augusta."

"Anyway, Woods then hit his approach to six feet and he quickly knocked in a birdie as if it was a mere afterthought. He then took two wedges and two balls, and the crowd grew eerily quiet. But Woods moved around the diabolical first green hitting all manner of shots, showing no signs of distress."

This is shocking to me. I expected a brittle, uptight Woods this week. Not the dude who was hugging every caddie and player in sight on Monday.

“It's progression," said Woods after his round. "I felt like I had to get my game into a spot where I could compete to win a golf tournament and it's finally there."

As for that near-30. Woods birdied the first after a wild tee shot. He parred the second and birdied the third. He nearly holed two shots. It was, from all accounts, not what we've seen lately from Woods.
By:
vegasdreams
I'm surprised people are so adamantly ruling MAJ out, 4 top tens plus an 11th and a 12th,couple that with the fact he has had a win this year albeit senior, seems nailed on to at least half in price along the way, or a very good runner for top 10.
By:
therhino
I smell a plunge coming on the great man.
By:
therhino
When: 07 Apr 15 11:01
And here it comes Excited
By:
Back High Lay Low
When: 07 Apr 15 11:39
Haas is playing, Bill Hass is out - betfair spelling error.
By:
sheppy123
When: 07 Apr 15 15:26
Thanks. Betfair must've read my message cos Todd suddenly disappeared from the non runner list! So Bill Haas is playing then, and Bill Hass is out whoever he is!!!
By:
kincsem
When: 07 Apr 15 15:54
Price drift on Brooks Koepka.
I know had a rib problem.  If he withdraws Betfair refund afaik.
Two worries (1) he starts while injured (2) he is drawn with Tiger
By:
TheGoddess
When: 07 Apr 15 21:34
Post selections: Mcllroy, DJ, Palmer, Woodland and Casey.
By:
McCoy Carp
When: 07 Apr 15 23:32
Was going to have a punt on McIlroy, but what they're saying about the weather - wind & rain - has put me off. I see him as a fair weather golfer.
By:
Colldogg
When: 08 Apr 15 01:15
I agree about Kuchar looking value at the prices. Not a lot of other value out there. I'm looking at putting the finishing touches to my team now but can't find to much value anywhere. I was fancying Phil at 25s given his overall record at the course and he looked good for large parts of last week. However being drawn with Rory for the first two days is probably a bit of a negative though.

The more I think about it the more I fancy Henley and Matsuyama. I think this could be the year somebody from lower down the pack makes a breakthrough.
By:
kincsem
When: 08 Apr 15 02:09
My tip for an interest in the US Masters at a very big price is James Hahn at odds of 940.
He is a debutant, he might play rubbish, but the odds are good.
He won the Northern Trust Open on 22/01/15 in a playoff.  In his only event since he shot 80, 71 and was cut - looks bad but it was 44+36, 38+33.
Between those tournaments his wife had their first baby.
For the US Masters I look at players who did well at the Northern Trust Open (Riviera CC, Los Angeles - tee to green) and the WGC Cadillac (Blue Monster, Doral - length).
He played on the Korean and Canadian tours.
By:
kincsem
When: 08 Apr 15 15:04
I noticed a few minutes ago is that the cut rules changed in recent years.
Before 2013 it was top 40 plus ties.  From 2013 it is top 50 plus ties.  And of course those within 10 shots of the lead get in.

In 2013 148 made the cut.  Thorbjorn Olesen just made the cut with 148 and 78,70,68,68 for 6th place.
In 2014 148 made the cut.  Miguel Angel Jimenez shot 147 and 71,76,66,71 for 4th.  Rory McIlroy shot 148 and 71,77,71,69 for 8th.
More players make the cut and more volatility in the market.
By:
therhino
When: 08 Apr 15 16:40
Just look at Tiger's price get obliterated.
By:
Ski-Wiz
When: 08 Apr 15 17:19
TIGER ROARS...............had backed Tiger @55 and put up a lay @ 40....removed it yesterday....now 32..........truly roaring the odds down.
By:
kincsem
When: 08 Apr 15 17:26
I found this link on boards.ie from 2014
http://uk.businessinsider.com/photos-from-a-masters-practice-round-2015-4?op=1?r=US
Page 4 of 8  •  Previous | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | ... | 8 | Next
sort by:
Show
per page

Post your reply

Text Format: Table: Smilies:
Forum does not support HTML
Insert Photo
Cancel
‹ back to topics
www.betfair.com