Forums
There is currently 1 person viewing this thread.
These 290 comments are related to the topic:
The Masters antepost

Post your reply

Text Format: Table: Smilies:
Forum does not support HTML
Insert Photo
Cancel
Page 2 of 8  •  Previous | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | ... | 8 | Next
sort by:
Show
per page
Replies: 290
By:
sammydogcat
When: 17 Mar 15 17:37
Wasn't matched in time

Was shorter on here than with other sites and then he went from 33s to 20s or whatever he is now... I think he'll drift again unless he wins this week
By:
kincsem
When: 19 Mar 15 11:35
I asked Betfair to add these to the market
Brendan Todd, Brian Harman, Camilo Villegas, James Hahn, Joost Luiten, Kevin Streelman, Thongchai Jaidee, Tom Watson

And told them they can ignore these (sorry guys)
Antonio Murdaca, Ben Crenshaw, Bradley Neil, Byron Meth, Corey Conners, Gunn Yang, Ian Woosnam, Larry Mize, Mark O'Meara, Matias Dominguez, Sandy Lyle, Scott Harvey

Do they not have someone on work experience to do stuff like this - compare the betfair market to the list of players on masters.com?
By:
donny osmond
When: 19 Mar 15 11:57
looks like they have been added

well done !!!

no need for betfair to ignore the no hopers though
By:
kincsem
When: 19 Mar 15 12:23
I caused betfair to add Brendon Todd a second time in error.  Masters.com have him as Brendan Todd so when I matched the two lists in Excel Brendan Todd was a mismatch i.e. he was on masters.com but not on Betfair.
So I had to go back to Betfair chat and tell them to reduce Brendon Todd and Brendon Todd to just Brendon Todd.  Then I went to masters.com and told them to sort out their spelling.
I'm feckin' exhausted.
By:
Mighty Whites 2008
When: 19 Mar 15 22:10
well done kincsem ive asked about a dozen times over recent months.

The market is still missing Lahiri, Weisburger and the no hopers.

A few others could get in via the owgr or winning over the next three weeks stateside.
By:
kincsem
When: 20 Mar 15 16:01
I used "help" / "contact us" / "chat" to talk to Betfair.
Help is on the main screen, top line left.
You might need to type in a few times what you want as guessing from the name of the Betfair chat people English may not be their first language.
But they are good.
By:
Catch Me ifyoucan
When: 21 Mar 15 01:15
Speaking of ‘length’, then look no further than BROOKS KOEPKA 34/1 (18 OWGR) as he’s as long as they come.
Brooks is known for his monster drives, ranks second on Tour in driving distance, at 313.3 yards.
He’s also 28th in strokes gained tee-to-green and has three top 10s in six starts this season including a WIN at the Phoenix Open.
Toss in being 18th in SGP and that’s a deadly combination on any track.
He’s played 12 TOUR weekends in a row dating back to last year and even found time to win in Europe late last season - Turkish Airlines Open by one shot from Poulter.
His last MC over there was in early July. A former teammate of Daniel Berger (72 OWGR) at Florida State, this is a home game for the West Palm native.
He’s 50’s for his debut at the Masters by the way with MC, MC, T70,T4, T67 & T15 in six ‘Major’ appearances.
Koepka five-putted a green on Torrey Pines' Poa annua and was “pumped to get back to Bermuda grass”, his native turf, with a T51 at the Honda and T17 at Trump’s WGC event.
Playing in that wet and windy afternoon with Rory might have been a negative but it was Rory who had the 'boot slammer'.
By:
the bloob
When: 21 Mar 15 23:07
I love the way the odds on here change as a player does well/badly in the current tournament, what's the relevance? because Stenson had a good finish he's dropped from 22 to 19 on here, what difference does holing a few putts now have on his chances in the Masters? nothing! Everybody knew he was playing well, how can a decent round make such a difference? I want to back him for the Masters but I had to lay when I saw the price on here, and then I'll look to back when his price becomes realistic again. Some bookies have him at 22/1 and many at 20/1, why back on here at 18/1?
By:
kincsem
When: 23 Mar 15 14:49
Brooks Koepka has a painful rib problem and withdrew during the last round of the Bay Hill.
By:
mayburydrr
When: 24 Mar 15 02:36
i think patrick reed is still a big price at 40/1 here. one of the form players, hits it long and draws the ball. loves the big stage as well so i think he's got a good chance of a major next few years and why not the masters. Also looking big is phil touching 40/1. barring a blip last year he plays the course better than anyone and his wins can come out of anywhere. and sergio at 60-65 seems awfully big. i suppose people are losing faith in him but if everyone brings their best game surely sergio is the second best in the world, behind Rory.
By:
therhino
When: 24 Mar 15 07:32
i suppose people are losing faith in him but if everyone brings their best game surely sergio is the second best in the world, behind Rory.

Tis a good point. Reckon Sergio is great value as a back to lay. I would have DJ as second if everyone is at their best, but Sergio would definitely be thereabouts. He plays the classic parklands track well too.

I think the market doesn't know which way to go. Don't recall a Masters with so many below and around the 20s mark. Bubba will be 5 weeks without tour golf when it comes around. Which one of these players represents any value, if any? I'd have Day ahead of Spieth and maybe Bubba given the layoff. But I think the value is definitely further down, with the likes of Sergio and Kuchar, who has a very good record at Augusta in recent years. And I'd be happy to chance Phil as you said.
By:
tim6
When: 24 Mar 15 13:14
Does anyone know if Adam Scot is going back to the bellyputter for the masters if he does he could be
a decent price he has no confidence with the short putter
By:
Mighty Whites 2008
When: 24 Mar 15 22:23
I can't have sergio second to rory. He is suspect under pressure and I don't fancy his putting at Augusta.

Rory is a worthy favourite if he brings his best stuff he should win although it depends on how the course is playing. If it is soft then he is a strong favourite.

Bubba, Dustin, Scott, JB Holmes, Koepka have a big advantage with their length.

Augusta is also a horses for course track those with experience have an advantage.

This year is very hard to predict. There are so many with a chance.
By:
mayburydrr
When: 25 Mar 15 00:18
I more meant in the sense that when Sergio is really on song his ball striking is probably only second to Rory. you can watch periods of 6-10 holes where he just stuffs every iron shot in close. the putting is an interesting one. last 3 years on tour (2012-2014) he ranks 26th, 9th and 61st, Strokes gained putting. compare that to Bubba (165th, 118th, 111th). Admittedly under pressure he is poor but i still feel he will come close several more times and maybe one day he'll shoot low get in the clubhouse early and win - seemingly the only way certain players might win majors (westwood can be added to that list). i think sergio will go off around 45 depending on his next appearance at the Shell Houston and would say a good chance he trades lower in play.

Martin Kaymer seems big at 65/1 (although was 95 a few days ago!). 2 time major winner. has openly declared he feels much more happy at Augusta now he's comfortable drawing the ball. on his day capable of great things as seen at pinehurst and form is decent to despite his 10 shot blowup.

Its going to be a great Masters and I fancy that only a proven world class player will win this. Too much depth for a 200/1 shot to triumph imo. For me the only thing missing is Tiger at the top of his game (if he does play he won't be ready and id have him a 10/1 shot to make the weekend). I know some don't like him but i don't think you can call yourself a golf fan if you don't want to see Tiger in red going head to head on Sunday with the up and coming in Rory, Speith, Day, Bubba, DJ, Reed, Fowler. Throw in the likes of Phil, Stenson, Kaymer and Scott and what a cast that is. Excited just talking about it!
By:
therhino
When: 25 Mar 15 07:01
Market at 111% with players still to be added, so a few price blow outs are inevitable. Interesting time ahead. More open this year than any in recent memory. Should be epic, the majors were a bit disappointing last year with only the PGA providing great drama, but with the top players in exceptional form this year let's hope for a 2011 style Sunday shootout.
By:
sammydogcat
When: 25 Mar 15 20:30
Can't wa it either.

Bit annoyedannoyed I've missed the price on stenson as I picked him out. At 33s and didn't get it matched.

Tempted to switch to Sergio but I know what will happen then
By:
Mighty Whites 2008
When: 25 Mar 15 22:07
the lay side is around a 100% with a couple to be taken out of the market and a few to be added. There is also tiger who may not play.
By:
Mighty Whites 2008
When: 25 Mar 15 22:11
may - they are all amazing when on song. Each to there own but i Can't see Garcia winning at augusta. Don't ever remember him contending, dont rate him under pressure or his putting on slick greens.

Its more than 5 years since he won a top event. If he wins a major the open is his best chance for me.
By:
sammydogcat
When: 29 Mar 15 18:27
Poulter 100/1 anyone fancy? Been playing well and whilst he hasn't competed previously in majors Ive always felt when he does he's got the bottle to hold on
By:
Mighty Whites 2008
When: 29 Mar 15 18:57
Poulter's bottle was on show at the honda classic
By:
marychain1
When: 29 Mar 15 21:17
Added Jimmy Walker 33/1 and James Hahn 400/1.

Book is now
Snedeker 66/1
Reed 50/1
Walker 33/1
Hahn 400/1
By:
marychain1
When: 29 Mar 15 21:55
Want to get Dustbin onside as well, absolutely superb from him to get a top 10 this week after a 78 in the wind. Not overly tempted by the 16s though, wonder if he'll get pushed out in the run up?
By:
Can't Catch Me
When: 29 Mar 15 22:47
Got some Jimmy Walker at 40's on Friday and a bit more on at 33's earlier. Great price IMO. How Mickelson is shorter than him, I will never know.

8th on his only start was impressive... One of the most underrated players in world golf for me.
By:
Can't Catch Me
When: 29 Mar 15 22:48
Think 365's stand out 90's on Horschel is value as well. Can't see it lasting.
By:
therhino
When: 30 Mar 15 08:39
How Mickelson is shorter than him, I will never know.

I think the 3 wins and 7 other top 5 finishes to Phil's name has something to do with it. He had a shocker last season as well, stilled pulled out a runners up at Valhalla to a rampant Rory, he can win at Augusta, no doubt about it. Walker is one of the best at the moment, but all 5 wins, as impressive as they have been, have been in lower class events. Walker is a better place bet, Mickelson a better win bet if that makes sense.
By:
Can't Catch Me
When: 30 Mar 15 08:57
Sorry mate, I can't agree. Obviously his record at Augusta is very impressive, but I think he's on the decline quite significantly. Just couldn't have him on my mind for the business end of a major on his form for a long time.

Think I should get a match bet on these two from some fixed odds firms... Hope so anyway.
By:
therhino
When: 30 Mar 15 09:44
All good, no apologies needed. Betfair would be a terrible business model if we all agreed on everything Grin No doubt Phil is on the decline, and the young guys are going nuts which is double bad news for him, but he has another great dance or two left before the band stops playing.
By:
Catch Me ifyoucan
When: 30 Mar 15 10:33
http://www.golfdigest.com/golf-tours-news/golf-masters/2013-04/photos-augusta-rules#slide=1
By:
Catch Me ifyoucan
When: 30 Mar 15 10:43
That's it. Nobody new made it after Morocco and San Antonio.

This was the last week for players to book their passage into the top 50 OWGR and stamp their passports for Augusta.
South Africa's George Coetzee threatened in Morocco, but came up two strokes short of the victory he needed.
Harris English, Marc Warren and Matt Jones had chances with high finishes in Texas, and they either idled in neutral or hit full reverse on Sunday when it counted most.

And Paul Casey survived inside the bubble.
That left England's Casey, who rolled the dice and sat at home on No. 49, as the lone survivor in the Masters sweepstakes.
He joins already comfortably booked India's Anirban Lahiri, Austrian Bernd Wiesberger and Branden Grace of South Africa in netting top-50 invitations and pushing the qualified Masters field to 99 players.

The only way into the Masters now is an 11th-hour victory at this week's Shell Houston Open.
By:
Fallen Angel
When: 30 Mar 15 15:48
I really like DJ for the masters this year although 18s would be about the shortest I would be prepared to take. Rallied from a poor start this weekend to finish fast and has a game well suited to Augusta. Maybe he has learned a few lessons whilst on his break. 

I thought there was a fair bit of value this time round as I personally think that as good as Jordan Speith has been he is much too short for the 1st major of the year and more than twice of contemparies such as Patrick Reed.
By:
therhino
When: 31 Mar 15 13:19
Price blowouts have started - the ponce is the first to go, out to 25s. Is everyone getting excited?
By:
padlock
When: 31 Mar 15 14:44
Yes tbh,getting the value Mischief that ponce has to be covered
By:
Catch Me ifyoucan
When: 31 Mar 15 16:40
After a two-year hiatus from the Masters, Paul Casey has earned an exemption into the first major of 2014-15.

The top 50 of the latest Official World Golf Ranking was used to help fill the exclusive field at Augusta National Golf Club on April 9-12.
Casey currently sits 48th in the formula. The Brit last appeared in 2012, missing the cut.

At 33rd in the OWGR, India's Anirban Lahiri ranks highest of the four qualifiers.
He's already a two-time winner on the European Tour in 2015, so it was just a matter of time before he was official eligible for his debut in the Masters.

Branden Grace (41st) and Bernd Wiesberger (42nd) round out the field.
The 26-year-old from South Africa will be making his third consecutive appearance while the 29-year-old Austrian is poised for his first.

The final exemption into the tournament is reserved for the winner of the Shell Houston Open. There are no alternates for the Masters.
By:
Colldogg
When: 31 Mar 15 22:24
I've only had 1 ante post bet on the masters and it is Hideki Matsuyama at 66/1. Go big on this guy he has the all round game for the masters and the all round game to win major after major over the coming years Cool
By:
Catch Me ifyoucan
When: 31 Mar 15 22:44
The likelihood that Tiger Woods will play next week’s Masters increased significantly Tuesday when the Augusta Chronicle reported that Woods’ private plane was parked at the regional airport. The Chronicle said that the plane matched the tail number of Woods’ Gulfstream G5.

Golf Channel insider Tim Rosaforte said on “Golf Central” on Monday night that Woods was likely heading to Augusta this week for a few practice rounds.
It is not yet known whether Woods, a four-time Masters winner, has decided to play in the year’s first major. There is no deadline for Woods to make his decision.

The former world No. 1 hasn’t played since Feb. 5, when he withdrew from the Farmers Insurance Open. He is ranked outside the OWGR top 100 for the first time since September 1996. Earlier this month, after skipping the Arnold Palmer Invitational, a tournament he’s won eight times, Woods reiterated that he won’t return until he believes his game is “tournament ready.”

Woods missed last year’s Masters after undergoing back surgery. It was the first time he’s missed the event as a pro. Even with then-20-year-old Jordan Spieth in contention, the event had its worst ratings since 1993.

It wouldn't be a genuine Master thread without him getting a mention although the Master Committee secretly yearn for a 'great white dope'.
By:
Catch Me ifyoucan
When: 31 Mar 15 22:45
*hope
By:
therhino
When: 01 Apr 15 08:56
Melbourne news just reported the ponce will be using the broomstick at Augusta.
By:
padlock
When: 01 Apr 15 09:48
Ah went back to 24 was trying to get 26 but wasnt matched
By:
therhino
When: 01 Apr 15 10:29
“Th[i]e best example of the progress Tiger made over the last two-to-three weeks is the worst-ball 66 he shot at Medalist Golf Club. That’s where he takes the worst of two drives, the worst of the two approach shots, the putt that’s either furthest away from the hole or the chip that’s furthest away from the hole. And then if he makes birdie he has to validate. So if he makes a 10-footer for birdie he has to make another 10-footer for birdie. To go around that golf course, shoot six under in those conditions where you can’t hide, obviously, you can’t hide a weakness, and you think about the course record he shot there — 62 in 2011 — this round could conceivably be considered better.”[/i]

Shocked
By:
trebor
When: 01 Apr 15 11:05
That's a unbelievable score! if he had to do that in a tournament the way he has been playing he would struggle to break 100.
We used to have a yellowsome knockout tournament, that's the same as a greensome except your opponents picked the tee shot you had to play.
Page 2 of 8  •  Previous | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | ... | 8 | Next
sort by:
Show
per page

Post your reply

Text Format: Table: Smilies:
Forum does not support HTML
Insert Photo
Cancel
‹ back to topics
www.betfair.com