Forums
There is currently 1 person viewing this thread.
Kelly
08 Aug 14 12:48
| Topic/replies: 8,699 | Blogger: Kelly's blog
OK on main market , but subsidiary markets are woeful .

Just looking at Make the Cut market , there are 156 players , and there is only one player you can back to make the cut .  And only 5 to lay .

Is it all about premium charge ?

Post your reply

Text Format: Table: Smilies:
Forum does not support HTML
Insert Photo
Cancel
sort by:
Show
per page
Replies: 6
By:
Mighty Whites 2008
When: 08 Aug 14 12:51
6.5 million matched om the main event there was lots of money about yesterday.

The side markets have a lack of interest these days. The problem with making the cut is you need someone to put up prices but each player is settled individually so you risk paying commission on the winners but this is not offset by losers. Liquidity would be better in this market if it was treated as one market
By:
Tom
When: 08 Aug 14 12:59
I know someone who used to price up the side markets for Betfair (ie liquidity provider). He would do things like hole by hole as well.  Was just about willing to keep pricing up when PC1 came in. Stopped immediately when PC2 came in. Simply no incentive for him to do so.

To have PC on golf, certainly pre tournament is an absolute joke and shows that BF dont have a clue about their own pricing models and the impact on the markets. IR is a bit different due to the fast feed merchants in Canada. Pre tournament BF have managed to price Eddietheeagle etc out of the mkt. Shocking.
By:
DRAGON DANCER
When: 08 Aug 14 13:11
I've had one bet on this site since I became a premium charge customer, total outlay on other sites of 6k this week, I'm sure it's like this for numerous others. Betfair are a joke.
By:
Ski-Wiz
When: 08 Aug 14 13:51
Yet......Betfair still insist on PC charges......why?
By:
Kelly
When: 08 Aug 14 14:03
Shooting themselves in the foot .

The PC I remember being introduced , luckily I had built up a negative "lifetime "bank which meant it was unlikely to apply to me in the short term ( thanks to Tiger who kept winning , I kept laying back ) .  But I always though it was to catch out the robots nicking the pounds and shillings on 100% plus markets . Which is fair enough , they are akin to bookies with FOBT's which should be banned .

Genuine layers such as Eddie , employing their knowledge and skill should have been encouraged , not driven away .  But I guess whoever thought out the rationale on PC might still be lurking about , and its too big a climb down to reverse the logic .

I also appreciate that in running markets are prey for the canadians etc , fast pics guys etc ,  But the make the cut and similar markets still have a window where no -one is actually in play .
By:
Mr.Anderson
When: 08 Aug 14 16:38
I don't bet on golf, and only check the golf forum every other year or so, but I can say that Betfair charging international customers 30% higher commission is also a huge disincentive for anyone not living on the British Isles (or Denmark, Malta or Gibraltar, and Eddie that you mentioned is/was an international customer.
sort by:
Show
per page

Post your reply

Text Format: Table: Smilies:
Forum does not support HTML
Insert Photo
Cancel
‹ back to topics
www.betfair.com