Forums
There is currently 1 person viewing this thread.
toberaheena
24 Feb 13 18:26
| Topic/replies: 2,642 | Blogger: toberaheena's blog
A lot of players with big reputations to rescue after the matchplay. Mickleson's week off might stand to him.

Post your reply

Text Format: Table: Smilies:
Forum does not support HTML
Insert Photo
Cancel
Page 1 of 12  •  Previous 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | ... | 12 | Next
sort by:
Show
per page
Replies: 475
By:
Mighty Whites 2008
When: 24 Feb 13 19:53
Doubt the matchplay will have any baring on how they prepare for this week. Its a lottery of a competition and a one off.

PGA National is a cracking course and this is usually a good event. The bear pit will ruin many rounds.

Scoring should be lower - a single digit win. If the wind blows it could be a tough week.

Mickleson isnt playing next week but its a decent field.
By:
therhino
When: 25 Feb 13 06:05
Interesting to see Rory's price this week. There was a general consesus after his Dubai win at the end of last year he wouldn't hit double figures as an SP for quite a while - Who would have thought you'd get mid-teens in his third start for the year at an event he won last year? Agree with you Mighty re this event, looking forward to it and the whole Florida swing, much better time zones for me. Just hope Charl doesn't go nuts so his price holds for Doral CoolWink
By:
Ski-Wiz
When: 25 Feb 13 14:06
If Rory doesn't win and keeps on missing the cut......he will drift into the twenties zone like last year then come back with a win.

Why is Schwart 16 and Rose 16.5?
By:
HARRY22
When: 25 Feb 13 15:34
Rose with 2 good finishes in last 3 years
By:
HARRY22
When: 25 Feb 13 15:37
ski who are you for and against in this...charl or rose?
By:
Ski-Wiz
When: 25 Feb 13 15:40
Neither.....just think they are low and of poor value.
By:
HARRY22
When: 25 Feb 13 19:01
Ok, I thought you were making a point that one should be much bigger than the other,charl been playing well but hardy a prolific winner in the states....What a shambles he was with the putter in L.A.  From what I saw tee to green he looked in good shape.
By:
Ski-Wiz
When: 25 Feb 13 19:05
Others are playing equally well and the odds are two times bigger representing better value.
By:
sundogmonkey
When: 25 Feb 13 19:07
Some good e/w value for top 6 with the bookies this week if you prefer looking at the bigger priced runners rather than 'the usual suspects' at front of market.

One of the reasons I particularly like this week is when the tour moves to Florida there are some players who have been playing solidly on West coast who spring to life when they're back on courses & greens there more comfortable with.

As a Florida man last yr Ted Potter Jnr turned up at the Honda on the back of struggling to find his feet on the PGA tour on West Coast and turned in a solid 30th. He was already a proven N/W tour winner and went on of course to win at Greenbrier in a quality field including Tiger. This yr he has had a great west coast and is available at 150-1 e/w top 6.

Justin Hicks is a 2 time N/W winner who finished 17th on his last visit to Honda when he was in nothing like the form he's in now. He lives locally in Palm Beach so know's the course inside out and we all saw a couple of weeks ago with John Merrick what a bit of home support can do. Again available e/w at 150-1.

There is no doubting Billy Horschel's pedigree as a player and if he can learn to control his emotions he has a big career ahead of him. He has been incredibly consistent of late and again is much more at home in his home state of Florida. 125-1 e/w or 110-1 for top 6 available.

Finally i like Matt Every at a massive 175-1 e/w for top 6. He is another Florida man who is improving and learning all the time on the PGA tour and whilst he M/C here last yr after a 3rd the previous week he consistently plays well on courses that reward good ball striking in testing conditions and he was a solid 26th here in 2010 when he was half the player he is now.

Good luck everyone for the week.Happy
By:
HARRY22
When: 25 Feb 13 20:43
Like who? dustin Grin keegan Grin fowler dufner...I don't see anyone double his price playing equally well
By:
maggot
When: 25 Feb 13 21:37
Only bet so far.. Gary Woodland E/W @ 100/1
By:
bannahan
When: 25 Feb 13 21:45
Ski won't give names... Just vague sentences
By:
River Verdon
When: 25 Feb 13 21:46
Was looking to follow sum1for the season and have come up with Robert Garrigos.  He is certainly short in the betting for the Honda but here's hoping.  Also Adam Scott for the majors.  I was looking at Lee Westwood but memories of following Monty over a cliff puts me off.  If ur gonna win a major he would certainly have done so by now.

Any thoughts ?
By:
miss anomaly
When: 25 Feb 13 21:56
I've noticed that too bannahan.
By:
BCDoug
When: 25 Feb 13 22:10
FYI, Garrigus and Walker are out..
By:
River Verdon
When: 25 Feb 13 22:13
Really Garrigos out.....thanks. Where do I go now then ?
By:
Ski-Wiz
When: 25 Feb 13 22:18

Feb 25, 2013 -- 9:45PM, bannahan wrote:

Ski won't give names... Just vague sentences

Should i give out names?
Vague sentences...you're a laugh.

Have you got anything better to do than snip snip snip......?

By:
the muppet moans
When: 25 Feb 13 22:58
A top class field turns up at the PGA National this week for the Honda Classic in Florida and sandwiched between two WGC events it comes as no shock that the field is good. This weeks favourites are Rory McIlroy and Tiger Woods but both are opposable on current form but trying to identify a trend between past winners has been quite tricky. There is no strong link between past winners although the last five have been international players and the field was a lot weaker when Wilson took the first title played at this course but I have gone for two Americans out of my three selections. I have noticed there is a strong link between players who do well on another Nicklaus signature course Muirfield Village although strictly speaking this is a Nicklaus redesign he has certainly put his stamp on it.
Sang Moon Bae is the international player I have put up this week and he seeks to become the second Korean winner after YE Yang. He is a huge talent and in his rookie season last year managed a 2nd place at the Transitions event just down the road. The year before that he won three times in Japan including on the tough Miyoshi course which interestingly past winners of this Yang and Villegas had also won. When you add in two wins at Woo Jeong Hills where Yang was also victorious and you can see he is a multiple winner waiting to win his first PGA tour event. He has made all five cuts so far this year and his last start at the tough Riviera course really caught the eye. He shot opening rounds of 68,65 to tie the lead at the cut but he played poorly in round three with a 76 before bouncing back with a 67 to finish 8th. If he can play all four rounds the same as the three he played in the Northern Trust Open he should go close this week 0.25 ew 125/1*
Looking back at past winners here at PGA National there is quite a distinctive correlation with players who have done well in the Memorial at Muirfield Village. Els has won at both venues, Rory has been 5th and 10th Muirfield, Sabbatini was 2nd the year after he won this event, and even Mark Wilson has been 3rd and 7th at Muirfield. All these statistics led me to look closely at Gary Woodland who was 6th at both venues on his only starts at them in 2011. The week after being 6th here he won his first and to date only PGA tour win in the State of Florida. He has struggled with injury and the inevitable swing changes golfers turn to when they first win on tour. There have been definite positive signs in his form this season that he is back to his best and at three figures he is well worth siding with this week 0.5 ew 100/1
Last but not least I really like the chances of local Floridian Ted Potter Jnr this week. He was a prolific winner on the NGA Hooters tour and then won twice on the Web.com tour in 2011 before winning last year on the main tour in his rookie season. It is well documented that he missed every cut on the Web.com tour back in 2004 but he has shown his steely determination and is now a proven winner at all levels. His form this year is particularly noteworthy on the West Coast when compared to last year when he went 54/mc/70/mc/mc - this year he has gone 24/16/10 - a massive improvement. After that awful start last year he came to this event and finished 30th but what most people will have missed was his second round score of 64 which at the time tied the course record until beaten later that day by Harman!. In solid form, returning home to a familiar course he can certainly play then at 150/1 he has to go in the book 0.3 ew
By:
BCDoug
When: 25 Feb 13 23:34
Great write up as usual TMM and really bad luck with the Ladies (as if you need reminding).. Just a question regarding your staking plan in that you make more convincing cases for Sang-Moon and Harry but suggest a higher stake on Woodland, your thoughts would be appreciated..
By:
the muppet moans
When: 25 Feb 13 23:38
I think Woodland is the better player and has the best course form out of the three, Bae is still yet to win on tour, and I guess Potter will probably be nervous against the top players on a Sunday.
By:
BCDoug
When: 25 Feb 13 23:57
Thanks TMM and all the best for the week. I'm very bullish on Mr Potter myself and will be very disappointed if he's not thereabouts come Sunday..
By:
EightiesDJ
When: 26 Feb 13 01:13
Didnt Woodland win the World Cup few years back with Kooch?? Has done nothing since.
By:
pokeron
When: 26 Feb 13 02:59
if an asian is ever going to win a tourney it would be the HONDA classic...

but seriously, i'm investing my hard earned dollars this week on asianses.

then i narrowed it down to full asianses. not half asianses like tiger and day who maybe only warrant half of half my stakes this week if at all.

and den, i narrowed it down to an asian that muppet tipped to get most of my asian stakes - moon

then, i thought what would go good with my asian steaks? - hahn. 

then, i asked my mrs what she thought, and she said 'no' - NOH
By:
therhino
When: 26 Feb 13 06:00
I do believe the plural of asian is asians and that your extra e & s is not required my good man. I also believe and New York T-bone beats a Wagyu (the excessive marbling of the beef is a turn off)  any day of the week and twice on Sundays which is pertinent information when talking golf.  Therefore, step forward Joey Snyder III, from the great city of New York and just about as close to a sure thing as you could get to hoist the trophy on Sunday. The logic is irrefutable Cool
By:
therhino
When: 26 Feb 13 06:00
* a new york t-bone... not and Blush
By:
pokeron
When: 26 Feb 13 09:44
rhino, i know how to spell asians man. i cant believe you said that. nothing i post is serious. my english is supreme - when i want it to be.

why not tell me i spelt 'den' wrong?

have you seen the cartoon - drawn together? obviously not or you get the asianses reference. tough reference i know....

my english is actually better than yours probably my good man Cool.
By:
pokeron
When: 26 Feb 13 09:56
and there is no need to insert your correction rhino. those with half a brain can figure out what you meant. and only a **** would call you out for it anyway. unless a typo means an absolutely different thing, then its a whole diff story. insert away. but i get ya man Love.

you should go to the NBA thread about who the best basketball player is. i gave everyone an english lesson because i have taught english as s second language in primary schools. that numerone guy still didnt get what i meant! what a tard.
By:
therhino
When: 26 Feb 13 10:30
Laugh Nothing you post is serious... I'm talking bout backing some schmo because of a cut of beef Crazy Stay away from the basketball forum. I love basketball, and have tried posting there but that place has the collective intellect of a peanut shell. Very frustrating.
By:
pokeron
When: 26 Feb 13 10:50
tell me about it. that forum is scary. i didnt even go back to that thread coz of that numerone knob. then i saw your post was the last post on there so i read it.
glad the OP of that thread vindicated everything i said about our stupid language!
and i still got no apology from numerone.

we are like geniuses on here without even trying!
By:
pokeron
When: 26 Feb 13 10:57
this is me being serious in my bangkok hotel. johnny drama would be proud of me Crazy!

By:
aberdonia
When: 26 Feb 13 12:30
Australia was in Asia the last time i looked.
By:
pokeron
When: 26 Feb 13 12:37
very good aberdonia.

ok, i'm backing the asian looking asianses hows about that?

i again asked my mrs what she thought of that theory and she said 'nah' - NA

genius i tell ya!
By:
do13
When: 26 Feb 13 17:56
New to the golf forum.  After winning a small profit backing Poulter and cashing out at the right time in the matchplay.

Reading the betting.betfair preview of the honda classic (http://goo.gl/4yVKh) there appears to be alot of value.  Tempted by Beljan from the write up and comment, but I've never heard of him!
By:
River Verdon
When: 26 Feb 13 18:17
Ive come down on Charles Howell III. Good start to the year, lets hope !
By:
Merlin7
When: 26 Feb 13 19:46
Best Bet this week for me Rickie Fowler

1st Round Leaders

Brian Harman 125/1 E.W.
Rory Sabbatini 125/1 E.W.
By:
therhino
When: 26 Feb 13 20:32
Jason Day out? Seems to have disappeared from the market.
By:
Hull city
When: 26 Feb 13 20:45
jamie donaldson - 100/1 + how? coming of a win couple of weeks big bet for me

same alex noren in great form 100/1 +

there late qualifiers i think reckon will be shorter even b4 they hit a ball
By:
therhino
When: 26 Feb 13 20:59
Day been bundled to the bottom of the market, wtf Betfair
By:
BCDoug
When: 26 Feb 13 21:08
Good spot Rhino. Probably too tired from playing so badly against Kuch on Sunday (pocket talking...)

Jason Day has elected not to compete in this week's Honda Classic.
The PGA TOUR's media department reported this. Day has been scratched from the tee times released to the media. The Aussie played 32 holes on Sunday in going 1-1 to secure third place at the WGC-Match Play. The week off will allow him to refresh for next week's WGC-Cadillac Championship.
Page 1 of 12  •  Previous 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | ... | 12 | Next
sort by:
Show
per page

Post your reply

Text Format: Table: Smilies:
Forum does not support HTML
Insert Photo
Cancel
‹ back to topics
www.betfair.com