Forums
There is currently 1 person viewing this thread.
These 855 comments are related to the topic:
Quail Hollow musings

Post your reply

Text Format: Table: Smilies:
Forum does not support HTML
Insert Photo
Cancel
Page 3 of 22  •  Previous | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | ... | 22 | Next
sort by:
Show
per page
Replies: 855
By:
Quincy
When: 02 May 12 14:11
Picking my own team in full has been known to get me into trouble, Ski-Wiz. I find it better to follow someone else and just add one or two of my own.  Mind you, that doesn't always work, even though I usually end end up with a pretty screen.  The worst winner usually wins.Cool

Just one other thought, I was once told that the top line (what you might win) is vanity, and the bottom line (what you do win) is sanity.  Sanity is much better than vanity.  Good luck with yours.
By:
Ski-Wiz
When: 02 May 12 14:57
Traded

Rory McIlroy    
Tiger Woods    
Lee Westwood     - told ya he was too low
Hunter Mahan    
Webb Simpson    
Keegan Bradley    
Bo Van Pelt    
Bill Haas    
Jason Day    
Kevin Na    
Sang-Moon Bae - biggest green....laid @55.....oh dear....hoping for a storming 1st round of -8Wink

Laid

Phil Mickelson

A few more orders waiting to be match....otherwise can't wait for the in-running malarky
By:
Ski-Wiz
When: 02 May 12 15:06
The problem with following others is that they might put up a team for you to follow to suit their own agenda while having a completely different team.....tread carefully.....Yes the worst/lowest green usually wins...but any profit is better than what the banks pays me in interest in one year.
By:
darth_trader
When: 02 May 12 15:47
Quite like Chris Stroud 1st round leader @ 80's. He's been playing really nicely this year and has been quick out the traps in a number of events already. He's not someone I could put my faith in outright in such a strong event but I wouldn't be surprised to see him get off to a solid start tomorrow.
By:
HeinzGuderian
When: 02 May 12 15:53
Few nibbles yesterday,and just completed my squad;

R.McIlroy @ 10
L.Westwood @ 18
B.Haas @ 55
D.Summerhays @ 690 Excited
J.Lovemark @ 850
Camilo Villegas @ 220
J.Blixt @ 460
C.Knost @ 400
C.DiMarco @ 850
R.Karlsson @ 280

Good luck dear friends.
By:
Quincy
When: 02 May 12 15:54
Ski, I have to take that chance.  Only follow those that I think are good judges and usually trade some of the stakes anyway and I have a lot of fun. 

You're right about bank interest.  They are a complete disgrace.  In the Middle Ages, they'd have hung them for usury.  Was looking at the latest Nationwide ISA yesterday, More terms and conditions than enough.

Not completely convinced that Westwood can't win this, by the way.  His putting does seem to have improved and another ten per cent improvement would make hime clear favourite in my book.
By:
maggot
When: 02 May 12 17:21
Added John Huh @102
By:
kev123456
When: 02 May 12 17:52
5 Winning Weeks in a row I hope so! Backing to lay with these outsiders and get serious on Saturday is the plan.....

Reifers @ 700
Duval @ 1000
Maggert@ 860
Kokrak @ 620
Mulroy @ 920
Moon Bae@ 190

Good Luck Folks
By:
maggot
When: 02 May 12 19:41
Colt Knost's price drift is pleasing. I'll 'ave some of that.
By:
Ski-Wiz
When: 02 May 12 20:12
Added A Kim.....yeah yeah i know.....his form is terrible this year but he did win this tourny before....hoping the memories will raise his confidence and bring him back to life.....390 is hard to turn down for a former winner
By:
maggot
When: 02 May 12 20:15
Laid my Billy Mayfair off at 490. Still a very nice green.
By:
maggot
When: 02 May 12 20:21
Added Josh Teater.
By:
Ski-Wiz
When: 02 May 12 20:31
Was thinking of Teater.......his form gone downhill since the start of the season.....opt for Kim instead
By:
'king alf's back
When: 02 May 12 22:42
Backing the hammock for your pr1ck Laugh
By:
bristoldoug
When: 02 May 12 22:50
As mentioned in a previous post I have backed Bill Haas and Lucas Glover. I have added Ben Curtis who I managed to get at 130s - just seemed huge.

Also on Charlie Wi, J.B Holmes and Greg Owen.

Only smallish stakes as prices are relatively good and it looks a very competative field with no stand out winner. Course obviously appeals to Haas and Glover, and Curtis finished 2nd here a few years ago. The other 3 are selected in the hope of a decent trade.

First round leaders on Wi, Haas, Curtis and Bo Van Pelt.

Good luck all.
By:
maggot
When: 02 May 12 22:54
Added Sabbatini @ 210
By:
maggot
When: 02 May 12 22:56
and 220
By:
maggot
When: 02 May 12 22:58
and 230
By:
miss anomaly
When: 02 May 12 23:10
Some very surprising prices I reckon. None more so than Immelman layable at 150s Surprised
By:
'king alf's back
When: 03 May 12 00:06
Also risked a few bob on Toledo & the Long Necked.
By:
miss anomaly
When: 03 May 12 09:36
As you'd expect in such a strong field there are some big prices for the roughies. A couple that jump out at me are O'Hern and Matteson at 1000s, Couch at 900+ and Tommy Two Gloves ~800s. I don't expect any will win, but as Matteson has proven in the last couple of weeks, a fast start would lead to great trading opportunities.

Furyk looks like a good one to trade too, but his late tee time makes that a bit tougher.

Good luck whoever you've backed Happy
By:
sundogmonkey
When: 03 May 12 09:39
Some very surprising prices I reckon. None more so than Immelman layable at 150s

Immelman had a great course record here a few yrs back and that is probably reflected in his price & if I was a 'layer' I'd be wary of him. I've not backed him myself this year as he just hasn't shown enough for me again yet but he's on my shortlist every yr for this event & as soon as he comes in here showing some form I'll be on him straight away.
By:
miss anomaly
When: 03 May 12 09:49
Yeah fair enough monkey. He's drifted back out to 220s which seems more in line with his (lack of) form. Would like to see him have a good week though - it's been a while.
By:
ericthecat
When: 03 May 12 10:50
Could not resist making couch my biggest winner, its a huge price for such a good driver.

Also added two gloves
By:
maggot
When: 03 May 12 11:03
I'm with you on Couch, Eric. Good luck.
By:
bexley
When: 03 May 12 11:30
Cuple of late additions in Chris Stroud and Billy mayfair. These late picks of mine invariably fail to make the cut so sorry to anyone who has a decent bet on them.

Went back in for Knost and Bohn at 500+ and 800+ think these are crazy good prices for trading purpose sas they are my most favoured 'outsiders' Perez and Sabbattini I'm also happy with the prices available

Not long till Perez tees off, best of luck once again Cool
By:
CrowsEye
When: 03 May 12 11:31
A have a 'tip' for a 3ball today. It's our good friend, David Toms to beat Mcilroy & Furyk.

McIlroy is rightly favourite but has a poor first round record at Quail Hollow. Furyk and Toms both have much nicer records.

Toms has been 1st, 2nd and 11th within 7 opening rounds played. Furyk has a similar record to Toms but is a much shorter price.

Toms is on offer at the rancid Sporting Bet at 10/3 and 16/5 at Spoils. I think it's definitely value!

You could just lay McIlroy too I suppose. Love

Another thing worth a look is backing Furyk in the 36 hole 3ball leader market. He has been in the Top 10 5/9 times and in the Top 3 3/5 of those at this stage.
By:
HARRY22
When: 03 May 12 11:45
Only got 100/1 ben curtis...looked big..prev runner up and in good form
By:
lufc67
When: 03 May 12 12:06
Immelman
Byrd
Hearn
Harmon
Chappell
Imada
good luck allHappy
By:
three_for_it
When: 03 May 12 12:08
I'm not usually in the country when this tournament is on so it's a few years since i've got the chance to watch this.Not really sure what you need to succeed round here as i've read so many various views.Some say good putting and scrambling,others say you have to keep in play...so god knows.I've gone with the following anyway...

Kevin Na-Having a good season(possibly off the back of his first win last year)and has some decent form to his name round this course.I would put a line straight through his W/D in his last event in Texas.

Bae Sang Moon-The big prices put up on here for this guy were just too much to resist.Not exactly been ripping it up since his 2nd in Transitions but had a decent enough finish in his native South Korea last week after a shocker of a 1st round.So he's hopefully about to pick up again and in my mind is a seriously good player with a great putting touch.

Vijay Singh-I don't think the big man is quite done with yet and a top ten finish in this event last year encourages me greatly.Another plus is that he comes here well rested after a trip to Germany for some more treatment on his back.I'm going from memory here but the last time he was over there for treatment on his troublesome back he came back and played some very good golf not long afterwards.

Ken Duke-Still a tour maiden but maybe this could be the week he gets it done.Has played some good golf this season and for a guy who's been on and off the tour over the years,surely the fact his tour card is almost already sealed for next year will allow him to play with some freedom.Also had a 7th place finish here in 2007.

Brendan Steele-I'll probably be regretting this one after he's shot about 80 in the first round!He's very hit and miss but his last event in Texas was his second top 5 of the season and i'm just hoping this is one of his going weeks.Going back to his form on tour last year and previously on The Nationwide that seems to be his profile.It's all or nothing.Won on tour last year and the previous season on The Nationwide and i just thought he was worth a dabble at massive prices.

Good luck to everyone having a go on this one...
By:
HARRY22
When: 03 May 12 12:12
Like the NA pick...just added him myself
By:
golfnut
When: 03 May 12 13:16
BVP off to a shocker....
By:
miss anomaly
When: 03 May 12 14:22
Nice start for Tommy Two Gloves until he three-putted from 12 feet. I did read that the 18th green is tricky, but still Angry
By:
golfnut
When: 03 May 12 14:36
Typical...i leave out senden for once and he gets off to a flyer......fkin Golf!
By:
CrowsEye
When: 03 May 12 14:47
He regularly plays well he just can't seem to close out. Maybe Dufner inspired him.
By:
Ski-Wiz
When: 03 May 12 15:03

May 3, 2012 -- 2:36PM, golfnut wrote:

Typical...i leave out senden for once and he gets off to a flyer......fkin Golf!

Typical...i leave out FOWLER for once and he gets off to a flyer......fkin Golf!

By:
Ski-Wiz
When: 03 May 12 15:12
Mickleson now green.....field £0....let the game commence
By:
muncha.
When: 03 May 12 15:13
Those of you following shot tracker, check out Westys last hole. Comical.
By:
Aussie Driver
When: 03 May 12 15:18
Westwood, just unreal, a delight
By:
ulf lundell
When: 03 May 12 15:22
Laugh
Page 3 of 22  •  Previous | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | ... | 22 | Next
sort by:
Show
per page