Forums
Welcome to Live View – Take the tour to learn more
Start Tour
There is currently 1 person viewing this thread.
yorkshirela
19 Feb 12 08:27
| Topic/replies: 212 | Blogger: yorkshirela's blog
I've just read statement from John Paramor regarding the disqualification of Peter Whiteford. Surely this incident was looked at last night as most spectators and tv watchers got in touch yesterday,even as he played the 18th.Even Whiteford himself questioned wether it moved!!!. This would of saved backers Whiteford wasting their money.
How much was lost on him in since the 18th yesterday,and the 4th today?.?.  Paramor knows that golf is a heavily backed sport.
I am not speaking from a financial point of view as i left this tourney alone this week,but i feel for punters who backed him before todays round.
Pause Switch to Standard View Why was Peter Whiteford allowed to...
Show More
Report Scuttler February 19, 2012 10:34 AM GMT
That just wanted to put him through the ringer by publicly pulling him off the course.
Report Herbie Peanut February 19, 2012 10:45 AM GMT
Should be banned for the season
Report xmoneyx February 19, 2012 11:07 AM GMT
what happened
Report greelo February 19, 2012 11:18 AM GMT
incredibly stupid and costly...why on god's earth did he not seek a ruling at the time!!!

Report Herbie Peanut February 19, 2012 11:38 AM GMT
The fact that he didnt call for a ruling tells a lot really.
Report golfnut February 19, 2012 11:43 AM GMT
Rubbish herbie...it moved as he looked up to the green...
Report xmoneyx February 19, 2012 11:48 AM GMT
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-d69ZAwDiLc

he questioned whether it moved but didnt call official

VERY EXPENSIVE
Report Herbie Peanut February 19, 2012 12:09 PM GMT
So he looked up at the green and the ball moved then so he wasnt 100% sure it didnt move and should have called a penalty. He knew it must have moved and if you see the close up it moved a long way. Why didnt he call a referee? The ref would have asked him if he was 100% sure it never moved. He should have done the correct thing and call a penalty but chose not to.
Report golfnut February 19, 2012 12:14 PM GMT
Yeah herbie a bad mistake but not a ban for the season as you stated mate surely...
Report Herbie Peanut February 19, 2012 12:33 PM GMT
Depends if you believe it was just a genuine mistake or not. Golf pros should know the rules and especially this type of rule after Paul Lawrie declared a penalty on himself just a week or so ago in a similar incident. On the blow up pictures the ball moved such a long way its hard to make a case for him being unsure. Only real defense i can think of is that his head was completely fuddled from the double bogey previous hole and he just made a genuine mistake. Why not call a ref like Marcel Siem did?
Report 'king alf's back February 19, 2012 12:40 PM GMT
That still doesn't answer the original question of why he was allowed to start today ?  I guess if you KNEW a DQ was a certainty then laying him in all markets would be a very financially rewarding move !!!!!
Report Herbie Peanut February 19, 2012 12:43 PM GMT
Its a disgrace he was allowed to tee of funless new information came along between teeing off and the 4th hole. In USA events we have seen players taken to the video booth before signing their card if there are uncertainties about shots.
Report maggot February 19, 2012 12:59 PM GMT
I think that the infringement was only brought to the official's attention this morning. Hence he started his final round whilst the incident was being looked at.
Report donny osmond February 19, 2012 1:04 PM GMT
that would explain it nicely maggot

i hope that turns out to be the case

but he really was silly for not mentioning it at the time, or in the hut before signing his card.
Report Ski-Wiz February 19, 2012 5:54 PM GMT
I suspect some officials or people on the inside knew and took whatever lay they can without attracting suspicious
Report eyeball February 19, 2012 7:14 PM GMT
comedy rule anyway....a cm or two , what difference does it make.....game stuck in the victorian era .
Report sandsave February 19, 2012 7:37 PM GMT
Its very unfair because they can only review if on t.v. They need to have full field on t.v. so each player can be treated the same but obviously this not possible.
Report donny osmond February 19, 2012 8:17 PM GMT
darren clarke will have to be more careful than most Mischief
Report greelo February 19, 2012 8:27 PM GMT
simple stuff really, he thought his ball may have moved, he should have checked with referee, and bingo, problem sorted.......I would be surprised if his caddy keeps his job for much longer
Report Kelly February 20, 2012 4:30 AM GMT
Thought they were changing the rules re "moving balls" after Padraigs episode last year .  Or was it only changed for on the green ?

The whole business re balls changing position needs a sensible solution , with the criteria being " did the player cause the ball to move , and did any advantage accrue " .If the answer to both questions is  yes , penalty .  Otherwise play on .

Watched some of play in India yesterday , seemed to be high winds for that part of the world  , and players backed off quite a lot .

Point about the rules is they were developed for play in GB and I basically , completely different grasses etc now all over the world .
Report DONEMYLOT February 20, 2012 10:17 AM GMT
'I wasn't cheating, obviously'

Yes, obviously
Post Your Reply
<CTRL+Enter> to submit
Please login to post a reply.

Wonder

Instance ID: 13539
www.betfair.com