Forums
There is currently 1 person viewing this thread.
Take My Money, I Don't Want It
03 Jan 11 22:39
| Topic/replies: 5,042 | Blogger: Take My Money, I Don't Want It's blog
Okay we start the year off at Kapalua on Thursday and this thread is in anticipation of a profitable year, last year I earnt £45k so a realistic target will be a £20k profit this year. My target this year would give me enough money to put a deposit down on a flat, which would be brilliant and make my life more pleasant having my own pad.

I tend to place most of my bets pretourny and tend to go for the longer odds in general, so don't be suprised if I go through 3 or 4 months without a winner. If my players are out of it going into the final round and I still have funds available and can spot some value I will place the odd final round bet (usually on Hunter Mahan).

I am not going to start with a bank as such because this isn't how I work. As most of you know I have a full time job and this funds my gambling and basically each week I set aside money I need to live and gamble the rest, so I never really has a gambling bank, it is just kind of a rolling one, and when I win I tend to spend the winnings. So I will keep track of my profit from £0 starting balance.

This weeks bets to be posted tommorow once I have been down the bookies. I hope you follow this thread and make some money too.

[;)]

Post your reply

Text Format: Table: Smilies:
Forum does not support HTML
Insert Photo
Cancel
Page 1 of 34  •  Previous 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | ... | 34 | Next
sort by:
Show
per page
Replies: 1,326
By:
donny osmond
When: 03 Jan 11 22:56
CoolCool
By:
Back High Lay Low
When: 03 Jan 11 23:17
best wishes
By:
Aussie Driver
When: 04 Jan 11 00:59
Why do you need to gamble the remaining portion of your pay cheque if you made 45k last year? Shouldn't you have money free before you are paid if last years figures are correct?
By:
When: 04 Jan 11 01:15
no i spent all of it, owed mum 20k bought 13k car, tv, sky, clothes and probably most stupidly spent about 8k on going out to stripclubs and pubs and bars.
my next big winner i will be a bit more sensible with it and put a deposit down.
By:
doubling
When: 04 Jan 11 01:26
8k well spent
By:
saffa3129
When: 04 Jan 11 05:00
Good luck TMM
By:
padlock
When: 04 Jan 11 11:48
ffs
By:
Aussie Driver
When: 04 Jan 11 12:31
Think Padlock has summed it all up pretty well
By:
hacker
When: 04 Jan 11 12:48
I make you Fav for Betfair Chipstick 2011..!
By:
Herbie Peanut
When: 04 Jan 11 17:36
I am not going to start with a bank as such because this isn't how I work.

Spoken like a true pro
By:
When: 04 Jan 11 17:38
Bets placed;
Ryan Palmer £350 each way at 66/1 (£700 total)
Stuart Appleby to win £150 at 30/1 and £220 at 25/1, average 27/1

Ryan Palmer won the Sony open last year which is next weeks tournament, obviously he wasn't in this event last year but the main reason I have backed him is because I believe the most important stat this week is putting, and even more importantly the ability to putt on bermuda greens, similar greens at kapalua to waialae albeit about 10 times bigger. Having won in Hawaii last year (on a different Island though) has got to be a major positive. In fact given Palmer's good distance off the tee (26th) but terrible driving accuracy (164th) and poor g.i.r. (145th) I would say Kapalua should suit his game perfectly, with putting (10th) being his biggest asset. The easiest fairways and greens to hit on tour his weakness' shouldn't be a problem. Coming from Texas he is an excellent wind player too. Good recent form too most recent form shown first (T19, T46, T33, T8, 28, T43, T11, T5, T33, 2, T24, then 5 missed cuts (his clubs were 1.5 degrees too flat!!!))
The only stats I can't seem to get are his previous finishes at Kapalua (by my reconing he should of played in this twice before) does anyone know how to get these or how he did.
66/1 is a lovely price for a course that should suit in a limited field of 34 players.

Stuart Appleby, don't have to say much here; won 3 years on the trot, simply his most sucessfull course he has ever played, being an Aussie they tend to peak around december/january since this is when most of their big tournaments are played, being summer in oz. Shot 59 last year to win and also beat Tiger down under to win recently there too.
I was disappointed however that Totesport only let me have a measly £150 at 30/1 yet I see they are still quoted that price! Whats all that about then. Must be hugely confident here and cannot understand how he can be more than 3 times the price of Ogilvy!!

Current profit/loss = -£1070
By:
jaytay2
When: 04 Jan 11 17:43
What job do you have
By:
frames
When: 04 Jan 11 17:47
Good move to start off small TMM.Good luck.
By:
When: 04 Jan 11 17:47
Sell mars bars in a golf shop.
Can anyone help me with this; on the pgatour website when you go to tournaments then select hyundai tournament of champions then goto previous results and winners I can only get winners for previous years and cannot get leaderboards for previous years apart from last year, I know I can do this quite easily on the europeantour website but is it possible to get old leaderboards from pgatour events? Is so how? thanks in advance
By:
jaytay2
When: 04 Jan 11 17:54
your words "As most of you know I have a full time job and this funds my gambling and basically each week I set aside money I need to live and gamble the rest," nice to have a grand left after expenses
By:
When: 04 Jan 11 17:57
Thats not alot is it really, most people have more disposable income than a grand a month.
By:
When: 04 Jan 11 17:57
Does anyone know where palmer finsihed when he played in this before?
By:
jaytay2
When: 04 Jan 11 17:59
ffs you ve just laid a grand out and you have'nt seen leaderboards from previous years
By:
When: 04 Jan 11 18:00
is it possible to ban you from reading my thread you cheeky bugga!!
By:
frames
When: 04 Jan 11 18:01
The shop has shifted a lot of gear in the sale however the till is slightly out.
By:
jaytay2
When: 04 Jan 11 18:11
this ones quick and easy

http://espn.go.com/golf/leaderboard?tournamentId=892

dont worry I wont bother again,but if any jobs come up at your place give me a shout I would be very interested
By:
When: 04 Jan 11 18:16
I managed to find his previous finishes here on his career stats, finsihed tied 26th back in '05 and 31th back in '09 so poor previous form but his stats say he should go well. He had missed the cut a few times at waialae before he won there so maybe an omen!
By:
When: 04 Jan 11 18:20
Excellent thanks for that jaytay, will bookmark that site cheers, looking back at previous years ogivly struggled for years here too! Palmers last round he played here was a 66 so maybe he's worked it out now.
By:
the muppet moans
When: 04 Jan 11 19:03
Reading this thread is like watching repeats of your favourite old sit coms
By:
lufc67
When: 04 Jan 11 19:07
Take My Money, I Don't Want It Date Joined: 02 May 08
Add contact | Send message When: 04 Jan 11 01:15 no i spent all of it, owed mum 20k bought 13k car, tv, sky, clothes and probably most stupidly spent about 8k on going out to stripclubs and pubs and bars.
my next big winner i will be a bit more sensible with it and put a deposit down.

13K car i hope it came with accessories ie combs,brushes,scissors etcMischief
By:
When: 04 Jan 11 19:36
no just 2 seats and a fk off fast engine!
By:
saffa3129
When: 04 Jan 11 19:41
TMM, staying away from African open?
By:
hacker
When: 04 Jan 11 19:50
How you can back anyone when they have had a 4+ week break, not knowing what they have been doing... with a bag of sand is nothing short of a massive gamble...i wish you luck,hope you have picked the right rags!
By:
When: 04 Jan 11 19:57
Yep staying clear of the African Open I tend to find it easier in the stronger fields.

Easy Hacker, just look for value and in my opinion with all the information I can get my hands on Palmer shouldn't be 66/1 and Apples shouldn't be 25/1. I'm not saying they will win or even place, in fact the odds are they will probably both not place but if I follow my system over the course of a year i will end up with a nice profit as happened last year.
By:
the muppet moans
When: 04 Jan 11 20:28
all the info you could get your hands on - hmm like you had no idea how Palmer had played the course before!
By:
donny osmond
When: 04 Jan 11 22:37
take my money  do you have :-

http://www.golfobserver.com/home.php

Confused

CoolCool
By:
When: 04 Jan 11 23:09
No I havn't seen that before, will have a gander. Cheers Donny, nice one pal.
By:
Aussie Driver
When: 05 Jan 11 01:01
I think I need to get into the Mars Bar business
By:
fatboynotslim
When: 05 Jan 11 18:41
looking forward to it gl
By:
When: 06 Jan 11 15:13
Anyone know where we can get the Kapalua Pro-Am leaderboard which was played yesterday?
By:
no moves
When: 07 Jan 11 00:30
He goes by the name "take my money, I dont want it" to me that sounds like a non de plume selected from a person whose frustrated by  gambling and in the past has been a loser.

He owed his mother £20,000 was this money to pay his gambling debts.

He has no betting bank but he professes to have won tens of thousands of pounds in the last year.

He seems very relaxed about suggesting he's gambling £1000, even though he seems to have a dead end job.
By:
Dan Chipowski
When: 07 Jan 11 02:08
Reasonable start from both your picks.
By:
When: 07 Jan 11 03:17
"dead end job"

I've got a fantastic job thank you very much! Living the dream!
By:
no moves
When: 07 Jan 11 09:29
Selling Mars bars? What if you lose this week will you be able to produce another £1000 out of thin air next week?
Page 1 of 34  •  Previous 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | ... | 34 | Next
sort by:
Show
per page

Post your reply

Text Format: Table: Smilies:
Forum does not support HTML
Insert Photo
Cancel
‹ back to topics
www.betfair.com