Forums
Welcome to Live View – Take the tour to learn more
Start Tour
There is currently 1 person viewing this thread.
Herbie Peanut
02 Oct 10 17:36
| Topic/replies: 18,579 | Blogger: Herbie Peanut's blog
I watch far too much golf, read too much golf, and bet too much on golf inevitably leading to certain things getting right on my nerves.

Here is a list of some of my top 5 current hates , feel free to add your own

1. Ewan Murray - His voice just does my head in.
2. European Tour Scoreboard. Just totally incompetent
3. Too many in golf describing things as awesome. Used to be just the Americans but Poulter and Fisher are now big culprits. Watch for it in interviews or on Twitter.
4. American TV coverage, ruined with all the adverts and talking and now catching on big time with Sky.
5. Betfair not re-organising markets so you get 1000 priced players near the top of the list.
Pause Switch to Standard View What annoys you up in Golf?
Show More
Report Herbie Peanut October 2, 2010 5:37 PM BST
Also posters like me who make a mistake in the thread title :)
Report beepbeep October 2, 2010 5:41 PM BST
if u watch and bet on things too much it is enivatable indeed tht things will start to pee u off....i jus hate the way critchley has to say it wrong before he can say it right - the guy bascically corrects himself while in the process of being wrong for gods sake....
Report rustyboy October 2, 2010 5:54 PM BST
being told I can't tee off because i'm wearing the wrong socks.
Report Slippy Blue October 2, 2010 5:59 PM BST
Worst thing about golf, getting stuck behind the dreaded golden girl four ball.
Report sewter lives again October 2, 2010 6:01 PM BST
hopefully Sky will get Ken B back and retire Critchley
Report beepbeep October 2, 2010 6:03 PM BST
ken brown Love absolutely love him....most enthusiastic commentator in sport history!!!  doubt theyl get him bak coz he went setanta - unfortunate for us
Report Herbie Peanut October 2, 2010 6:05 PM BST
Ken is awesome
Report black shuck October 2, 2010 6:10 PM BST
everyone who has ever shouted...get in the hole
Report sewter lives again October 2, 2010 6:16 PM BST
beep beep I just thought as the beeb have lost the Masters that Ken would be obvious choice for Sky
Report Pflaps October 2, 2010 6:17 PM BST
rubbish golfers
Report conditor October 2, 2010 6:18 PM BST
anyone cheering a bad shot ,poor sportsmen
Report Super Hans October 2, 2010 6:21 PM BST
On course comms saying there`s no chance of him getting down in 2 from there.

When more than half the time they do.
Report Ginger whinger October 2, 2010 6:22 PM BST
Hackers playing 5 balls and sharing bags..

Chavs
Report Pflaps October 2, 2010 6:24 PM BST
idiots who don't mark their golf balls
Report beepbeep October 2, 2010 6:24 PM BST
awl kenny deserted sky but and went setanta - cant see sky withcalling him - bbc stil got sum coverage at augusta....besides sky have enough as it is - even tho most r dreadful apart from the obviuos butch and alto i dont agree with roe (much at all) he has opinions unlike most people on tv
Report Lori October 2, 2010 6:26 PM BST
Your initial list is decent

The phrase "That's a great golf shot", although I've been known to use it myself.
Report Herbie Peanut October 2, 2010 6:35 PM BST
Gary McCord American commentator is probably the most annoying man in golf come to think of it.
Report SteelCurtain October 2, 2010 6:38 PM BST
having the open on the bbc
Report a bitofinterest October 2, 2010 6:41 PM BST
the premium charge
Report gazunder October 2, 2010 7:13 PM BST
Woods spitting..........dirty fecker
Report Ginger whinger October 2, 2010 7:58 PM BST
Gary Linneker saying the Maasters
Report DAN1974 October 2, 2010 7:58 PM BST
Having to look for someone elses ball in the rough when i've just smashen mine down the middle.
Report DAN1974 October 2, 2010 7:59 PM BST
smashed *
Report donny osmond October 2, 2010 8:03 PM BST
only having 5 minutes to locate my balls
Report a bitofinterest October 2, 2010 8:13 PM BST
give tyne a ring then Confused
Report kennnick October 2, 2010 8:17 PM BST
The US comentator pr!ck that either says 'wow' or 'fun' to describe EVERYTHING!
Report beepbeep October 2, 2010 8:20 PM BST
surely u dnt mean jonny miller???  hes class would take him over any sky commentator - never mind him bein 1 of golfs all time greats
Report rowl October 2, 2010 8:21 PM BST
slow play slow play slow play
Report kennnick October 2, 2010 8:23 PM BST
total pr!ck.

don't try and drag sky's miserable commentary team into this!
Report beepbeep October 2, 2010 8:26 PM BST
jonny miller is brilliant - and nt afraid to call a spade a spade - called poulter a poor ball striker who makes most of his talent ---- spot on!!!!
Report kennnick October 2, 2010 8:29 PM BST
he'd probably call a spade 'fun'.

...or at least say 'WOW!' when he saw one.
Report Frodo October 2, 2010 8:36 PM BST
being 'in control' of a match. What does that mean? Murray siad today about someone who was one up!
Report Shidas Touch October 2, 2010 8:44 PM BST
club golfers who take themselves too seriously
Report baracouda30 October 2, 2010 10:07 PM BST
1) People who don't take the flag out when putting

2) As already mentioned, people who say 'great golf shot'

3) The horrible background music on the Sky coverage (too American)

4) Over analysis of swings by some expert who talks about where the club is pointing, too many knuckles showing, telling me whatever he likes because he knows I have no idea what he is talking about.

5) Over analysis by Critchley/Murray talking about momentum every 30 seconds, Critchley saying about making opponents win holes with birdies (no sh1t Sherlock), can't keep on holing 4 footers as it's too mentally draining (oh f*ck off Bruce!!)

6) Making out that Pavin/Monty are these great strategists that are playing some huge game of chess with each other. Total rubbish. It's 90% about the players.
Report beepbeep October 2, 2010 10:24 PM BST
lol a lot annoys u!!!!!
the eb and flow lol
i those slow swing afters are hilarious - what i want to see is 1 of those super slow mos when they dnt already know where the ball ends up ---- i guarantee theyd hav no idea
Report munch man October 3, 2010 7:18 AM BST
people who play like crap who always have an excuse.rushing ,bobly greens, played brilliant the day before.good points rowl & shidas touch.
Report Fabric October 3, 2010 7:29 AM BST
Getting up at 7am to watch the Ryder Cup then finding out this.
Report baldy97 October 3, 2010 7:42 AM BST
having the best team tournament going ruined because the PGA Tour is only interested in cash.  Very interested to see how Sky deal with one of their major suppliers
Report munch man October 3, 2010 9:38 AM BST
spot on baldy97.that is the point that realy needs to be made.
Report Catch Me ifyoucan October 28, 2019 7:19 PM GMT
By Herbie Peanut on 2 Oct 10 18:35 Gary McCord American commentator is probably the most annoying man in golf come to think of it.

verbotene liebe • June 27, 2010 9:41 PM BST....... Peter Alliss receives consistent across the board criticism but the guy is a legend and I'd have him any day over the trashy Gary McCords of this world.
The Mod father • April 12, 2012 7:41 PM BST....... How did Gary McCord upset the powers that be at Augusta?
xmoneyx • April 13, 2012 2:31 PM BST...... he said "the augusta greens were like a bikini wax"
Mighty Whites 2008 • April 13, 2012 2:45 PM BST...…... He was reported to the committee by non other than Saint Tom Watson. He also referred to the 'patrons' standing behind 14 green as being in the cheap seats. Needless to say, he was told he wouldn't be welcome back and hasn't been since.
By Dan Chipowski on 2 May 13 22:04...….. Is that Gary McCord fella the d!ckhead who constantly tries to be funny on the Yank golf comms? Does my fkin head in.

Well Dan,
Gary McCord & Peter Kostis are no long part of CBS' golf team....
Golf broadcasting iconoclast Gary McCord signed his last contract with CBS Sports two years ago, but news broke last week that his two-year option with the network was not picked up, ending his career of 30-plus years at CBS.
McCord, who began his CBS career at the 1986 Memorial Tournament, had an inkling what was coming after learning close friend and colleague Peter Kostis, who has been with CBS since 1992, was informed last Wednesday that his option was not being picked up, either.
Report Vubiant November 1, 2019 5:17 PM GMT
yes, I know it's irrational but this habit I first noticed with Rickie Fowler of a quarter swing takeaway to knee level before driving grates the hell out of me.
...and it seems to be spreading.Cry
Post Your Reply
<CTRL+Enter> to submit
Please login to post a reply.

Wonder

Instance ID: 13539
www.betfair.com