Forums
Welcome to Live View – Take the tour to learn more
Start Tour
There is currently 1 person viewing this thread.
Knight Rider
12 Nov 09 08:46
| Topic/replies: 7,474 | Blogger: Knight Rider's blog
Well?

Can't see Golf going away anytime soon. 100+ years of history seems a lot but is there any reason they will stop playing golf while mankind is still around? Maybe if there is some sort of massive world war?

Anyway, in 50 years' time is it still gonna be acceptable for 3 of the majors to be in America? Surely the PGA is skating on thin ice. Not only is USA forecast to be knocked of its perch as the wealthiest country in the world, but an increasing amount of top golfers are coming from around the planet.

PGA to be replaced by an event in Asia? Surely on the cards. Or perhaps an event that changes event every year? Aussies probably deserve one tbf.
Pause Switch to Standard View Will the 4 Majors always be Masters,...
Show More
Report Knight Rider November 12, 2009 8:47 AM GMT
*changes venue
Report espinjo November 12, 2009 8:53 AM GMT
money talks and with the right course asia might have a shot. the pga event doesnt deserve its status imho due.
Report chris_rogers30 November 12, 2009 8:59 AM GMT
Agree 100% that the USPGA will fall soon enough - i'd give it 20 years tops. Asia will demand a tournament. I predict it will be made the USA leg of the World Golf Championships and that the other three will be rotated globally.
Report chris_rogers30 November 12, 2009 8:59 AM GMT
Agree 100% that the USPGA will fall soon enough - i'd give it 20 years tops. Asia will demand a tournament. I predict it will be made the USA leg of the World Golf Championships and that the other three will be rotated globally.
Report Eddie the eagle November 12, 2009 9:08 AM GMT
Golf in Asia will only keep on growing and we will see more big tournaments there in the future. It's likely that the PGA championship will lose its major status to a Asian tournament and as I see it now the one from last week in Shanghai is the most likely one to step up if it's to be held at the same pace every year.
It would probably be held on different courses each year though , like the Opens.

Another thing that should change imo is the ridiculous fields in The Masters. They should remove the oldies and make it a full field tournament.
Report wedge1 November 12, 2009 5:54 PM GMT
4 majors
masters
us open
THE OPEN
uspga
Report chris_rogers30 November 12, 2009 6:17 PM GMT
err...cheers for that Wedge ?:|
Report Mighty Whites 2008 November 12, 2009 7:26 PM GMT
the majors have survived so long i cant see them changing. The importance attached to world golf events may increase in the future especially if they become more global.
Report rustyboy November 13, 2009 10:14 AM GMT
I don't see any reason to demote one of the current majors.

Why not just add more Majors?

The US Masters
The US Open
The USPGA
The Open
The European Masters
The Asian Masters
The World Intercontinetal Masters.
The Intergalactic Space Masters of the Universe (Rotated between Earth, Venus and Jupiter every 3 Light Years)
Report chris_rogers30 November 13, 2009 10:30 AM GMT
Let's add the Russian Open too.

More than 4 majors would dilute the excitement around them imo. I would support a major going to Asia to be played October / November time. The 3 in July/August are too close together...
Post Your Reply
<CTRL+Enter> to submit
Please login to post a reply.

Wonder

Instance ID: 13539
www.betfair.com