Forums
Welcome to Live View – Take the tour to learn more
Start Tour
There is currently 1 person viewing this thread.
frames
09 Nov 09 13:01
| Topic/replies: 12,112 | Blogger: frames's blog
According to Golfnight he is on just the $3million this week where the total prize fund for the event is half that figure.Thay said that`s his usual fee , no wonder he only plays the minimum ,not many can afford that .How can the sponsors justify that amount ?
Pause Switch to Standard View Tiger`s appearance money.
Show More
Report how do u mark your titleist?! November 9, 2009 1:10 PM GMT
if they pay that, they must b makin a fortune on him being there, they wouldnt pay if they couldnt afford it
Report trebor November 9, 2009 1:17 PM GMT
It will be tied in with the sponsor I guess, never used to be able to pay appearence money the player had to do something for it other than just turning up to play, so would normally be a clinic or entertaining sponsors guest's.
Report jamillar November 9, 2009 1:18 PM GMT
The Victorian government paid a fair chunk of it. They estimated that having Tiger in town would generate roughly $40m to the Vic economy, so I guess it's not too hard to justifyt in the end.

This was the first ever golf tournament to completely sell out in Oz, and it sold out months ago.
Report frames November 9, 2009 1:20 PM GMT
Sounds like good value if that`s the case.
Report beepbeep November 9, 2009 1:23 PM GMT
the tourney organisers had to publish the figurees in terms of how much money woods being there would generate and it was like 10 times what they were paying him....in theory 3 million is a snip to get him to play
Report da fallon factor November 9, 2009 2:34 PM GMT
why the fook does tiger need appearance money has he not got enough green stuff already,if he doesnt wanna go just stay at home tiger

GREEDY
Report CUPRA November 9, 2009 2:37 PM GMT
Excellent point, fairly well made
Report The Mod father November 9, 2009 2:47 PM GMT
If someone is daft enough to give it to him, why would he not take it
Report My Way De Solzen November 9, 2009 3:19 PM GMT
he's been holding out for $6m from the Aussies for years i was told
Report a bitofinterest November 9, 2009 3:33 PM GMT
charles howell would have done it for half that
Report silverwasp November 9, 2009 4:15 PM GMT
3mill.... is it any wonder he cant win. doesn't need too
Report wedge1 November 9, 2009 5:21 PM GMT
silverwasp 09 Nov 17:15

cant win he hates losing especially to leftie he will tear this course to shreds money to him is secondary
Report Knight Rider November 9, 2009 5:34 PM GMT
Tiger being there is going to generate a lot of money. So if someone's going to make that money, it might as well be TW rather than the men in suits.
Report Mighty Whites 2008 November 9, 2009 5:50 PM GMT
silverwasp 09 Nov 17:15

I know its only the beginning of November but i think its safe to say silverwasp will be the winner of the daftest comment of the year award
Report silverwasp November 9, 2009 7:53 PM GMT
Yeah yeah... It was a daft comment
Report the big bossman November 9, 2009 8:44 PM GMT
Updated: 06:53, Tuesday November 10, 2009
Golf's world No.1 Tiger Woods will get his first look at Kingston Heath when he plays a practice round this morning ahead of this week's Australian Masters.

He's also expected to give a private session for about 30 people, including several teenagers from Victoria's bushfire-ravaged areas.

Woods last played in Melbourne in the 1998 Presidents Cup at Royal Melbourne but says he's a fan of the sand belt courses and is looking forward to the tournament.

And friend Stuart Appleby says there are no weaknesses in the American's game and he expects him to be shooting low figures this week.
Report CUPRA November 10, 2009 8:39 AM GMT
30 x £500 for the pleasure - another few quid for Stevies Christmas Box
Report matt le tiss November 10, 2009 9:07 AM GMT
worth every penny.
Report crackpot November 10, 2009 5:13 PM GMT
does the caddie get his 10%?
Report MMP November 11, 2009 6:48 AM GMT
The economy will be raking in excess of 20million. The Victorian Govn paid for it
Report wedge1 November 12, 2009 5:32 PM GMT
21 odd thousand spectators
do the maths
and he will pi55 this
Report PA for PM November 13, 2009 1:33 AM GMT
Tourny is sold out, generating a huge buzz.
I'd think the people that paid $3 million can't beleive their luck, they'd probably pay $5mill to make sure he comes back
Report Chosen® November 13, 2009 2:12 AM GMT
"Sounds like good value if that`s the case."

Definitely was value - a very shrewd investment given the interest his visit has generated.
Post Your Reply
<CTRL+Enter> to submit
Please login to post a reply.

Wonder

Instance ID: 13539
www.betfair.com