Forums
Welcome to Live View – Take the tour to learn more
Start Tour
There is currently 1 person viewing this thread.
rustyboy
12 Nov 09 17:04
| Topic/replies: 3,215 | Blogger: rustyboy's blog
Not sure what to go for.

Rather than pick what looks good i thought i'd tap the knowledge of the forum.

DRIVER: The main thing i look for is stability at impact and a solid feel. I currently use a Titleist 975J and have always been a titleist player really but could be persuaded to change. Using a Grafalloy ProLite 35 S shaft at the moment and will probably put this shaft in whatever club I go for.

IRONS: Currently using Titleist 990 - Nice but maybe looking for something else. Not my strongest suit so blades aren't an option, was thinking about Callaway as all i want to do is hit the ball on a flat flight and land it on the green, again stability is key.

Advice appreciated! :)
Pause Switch to Standard View I'm looking for a new Golf Clubs
Show More
Report rustyboy November 12, 2009 5:04 PM GMT
PS - looking around on ebay and golfbidder at the moment. (No point paying for new ;) )
Report Take My Money, I Don't Want It November 12, 2009 5:08 PM GMT
Titleist Driver 909 D2 or the newer version. Best driver on the market, my tip would be to have the shaft at 44 inches rather than the full 45. I have had mine cut down and I did it for accuracy, and the funny thing is it goes further aswell!!

Titleist AP2 Irons, these are the doggies do dahs, I have them and they are fantastic.
Report MillionPoundPunter November 12, 2009 5:17 PM GMT
Before you do anthing else find a clubfitter that uses TrackMan!
By using this technology they can dial in the correct shafts for you and work out ur spinrate, clubhead speed, angle of attack etc... its amazing!
I done this last year and im half a club longer in my irons and 30 yards longer with the driver.
Also found out I was using the wrong ball so switched from Pro V1 to Pro V1x and my game has improved so much

Not sure where you live but I was fitted in near Essex, East London
Report rustyboy November 12, 2009 5:28 PM GMT
Ive thought about this. I nearly went over to the Titleist fitting centre in Cambridge and got it done properly, but it's a days travel.

The shaft is 80% of the club in my opinion so it's of course cruical to get it right, I'm pretty sure the Grafalloy ProLite is right for me, although i've used the UST Proforce shaft to great effect too in the past.
Report wedge1 November 12, 2009 5:51 PM GMT
rustyboy what handicap are you?
Report rustyboy November 12, 2009 6:36 PM GMT
Post Your Reply
<CTRL+Enter> to submit
Please login to post a reply.

Wonder

Instance ID: 13539
www.betfair.com