Forums
There is currently 1 person viewing this thread.
These 74 comments are related to the topic:
ELS THE WORLDS GREATEST EVER BOTTLER BLOWS IT AGAIN

Post your reply

Text Format: Table: Smilies:
Forum does not support HTML
Insert Photo
Cancel
Page 2 of 2  •  Previous | 1 | 2 | Next
sort by:
Show
per page
Replies: 74
By:
stewardsenquirey
When: 08 Nov 09 08:31
It's not meant to be sensitive.
Lets just keep it as a debate.It would appear to me that anyone with conflicting opinions to you is classed as sensitive or clueless.
By:
double trouble
When: 08 Nov 09 08:32
Could you find someone else to fight with please mate, im too tired...
By:
stewardsenquirey
When: 08 Nov 09 08:34
Hand on heart,I am not looking to bicker.I will leave it at that and say no more.
By:
Take My Money, I Don't Want It
When: 08 Nov 09 08:34
Don't forget stewards its not a catch up course though.
By:
ronsk
When: 08 Nov 09 08:35
Feck off TMMIDWI you C0CK!
By:
stewardsenquirey
When: 08 Nov 09 08:36
Thanks for the advice.You have previous of aftertiming ;)
By:
stewardsenquirey
When: 08 Nov 09 08:36
That was directed to "take my money "by the way.
By:
double trouble
When: 08 Nov 09 08:40
Take My Money, I Don't Want It 08 Nov 09:34
Don't forget stewards its not a catch up course though.

I was starting to give you the benefit of the doubt but youve just tumbled all the way back to the swamp. You are indeed an idiot of the highest order.

No worries stewards, catch you later mate.
By:
stewardsenquirey
When: 08 Nov 09 08:45
Combination of losing money and lack of sleep makes me a bit ratty(so I am told)
No offence meant DT.
By:
double trouble
When: 08 Nov 09 08:47
I know that feeling well..and I dont even need to be told to know it either!
By:
Utd Fan
When: 08 Nov 09 09:26
lets not forget Micko almost screwed up 18.

poor shot of the tee finding heavy rough and average 2nd shot that was rather fortunate only to find light rough. He finished off well from that position but it could have been a very different story.

Tiger also made a shambles of 18, OK he was well out of it by then but all this talk about Els is taking us away from how much Woods is struggling in almost all areas of his game at the moment

Will be interesting to see how he plays in Australia
By:
stewardsenquirey
When: 08 Nov 09 09:56
Westwood also took bogey on18.
By:
1st time poster
When: 08 Nov 09 10:14
some bottle job, this week he was available at 55,s on here,hits a hole in one,comes from 7 behind the worlds no 1 and 2 to get in winning position,and scores course record 63 on pay day, the fact he was 1,11 says more about the numpties on here than els,if golf was played on a laptop or playstation we,d all have a chance
By:
1st time poster
When: 08 Nov 09 10:15
and i backed him,win and place thankfully
By:
double trouble
When: 08 Nov 09 10:20
Im assuming im being classed as a numpty here. A numpty that backed Els at over 400 and layed at 1.58 mind, but a numpty all the same.

As Im such a numpty, could you explain this to my thick self...

the fact he was 1,11 says more about the numpties on here than els,if golf was played on a laptop or playstation we,d all have a chance

Doesnt make any sense, but then I am numpty.
By:
stewardsenquirey
When: 08 Nov 09 10:24
Now that's what you call a nice trade DT.Were you level green all round ?
At those prices you can't surely have gone red on Ernie?
By:
double trouble
When: 08 Nov 09 10:28
I got lucky. I was so tired after the first three days that I just levelled it all up for a neutral book at worst. Els' round was a massive bonus. It was odd though. When he looked like winning I was wishing Id slept in but in the end I did the right thing. For a change!
By:
stewardsenquirey
When: 08 Nov 09 10:30
Good work.
By:
double trouble
When: 08 Nov 09 10:38
Not bad for a numpty that spouts codswallop!
By:
par
When: 08 Nov 09 10:43
If Phil had not holed an unlikely putt on 16 we would be screaming bottler about him as well
By:
double trouble
When: 08 Nov 09 10:46
Not if he'd have birdied the last instead par ;)
By:
par
When: 08 Nov 09 10:52
although in fairness

I think Ernie's nerve is shot to bits

Dubai, Leopard Creek and now Shanghai.

All much the same shot
By:
1st time poster
When: 08 Nov 09 11:25
numpties probably abit strong, but the 1.11 on here doesnt reoresent a golfers chance of winning as people are covering positions etc, with the likes of moore,mick etc able to score anything from a 2 to a 6 or higher on the last els was never a 10 to 1 on chance to win in golfing terms
By:
stewardsenquirey
When: 08 Nov 09 11:45
I would have to disagree.Els just poked in a birdie on 17 with a par5 to come and Lefty looked more than likely to drop a shot on 16 and be 2 shots back.
If I played at those sort or prices with a large bank,I would have steamed in(thank god I don't in hindsight)
By:
the big bossman
When: 08 Nov 09 11:47
was big on himm in sa when hit water 2 times last hole sunday
By:
mcarron
When: 08 Nov 09 15:41
els was 500/1 starting on sunday and got to be as short as 1.11 as people thought mickelson was bottling it on 16...............els made a great up and down on 14,15,and 16 under pressure and thought he had to birdie 18 to have a great chance.........if els had won this thread would be about mickelson bottling it,so give ernie a break........imo PATHETIC THREAD
By:
Chris Brown
When: 08 Nov 09 17:16
everyone is judging ernies shot on 18 as if he knew what was happening to phil over on 16.We still don't even know which shot happened first.To my mind ernie was thinking birdie for a playoff and if i get lucky enough to make eagle then i win the tournament.Did seem to be a long way back though
By:
espinjo
When: 08 Nov 09 17:37
this fred perfectly sums up the conditions the forum is in at the moment.
numpties crawling out of their wormhole due to an empty wallet
By:
FIGJAM
When: 08 Nov 09 17:46
By:
dunlop65
When: 08 Nov 09 19:05
The water at the back of the green prevented him from winning the tournament(stop laughing!!) because it fused his thought process and stopped him selecting the correct way of playing the hole from that tee shot regardless of what Mickelson was doing behind.He couldn't possibly allow himself to lose another tournament(Leopard Creek) by laying up from the fairway on a Par 5 and thinning a wedge into the water at the back of the green.That 18th is no gimmie birdie so for Ernie to take it on from that position was madness.It's no use everyone saying if he'd pulled it off no one would be saying anything on here.Even if he'd have made the carry with his second shot it was a risk he didn't need to take at that stage and brought water front and back into play.Everyone else in the field would have layed up and settled for a par at worst.Memo to Ernie 'sack Josh van derspouten'.Shame to see the big fella mentally struggling like that.
By:
espinjo
When: 09 Nov 09 09:26
els had no idea mickelson was struggling on the short 16th par 4 and expected him to birdie and tie for the lead.
ernest thought correctly in his position at the time being he would need to birdie or even better eagle the par 5 18th to put mickelson under pressure.
He did what all great players would have done, but it was a very hard shot to take on and from a bad lie he couldnt convert.
Had mickelson bogied the 16th insted of making an unlike right to left 25 footer for par and finished one behind the numpties would yet again be out in high numbers with the bottle chants. Only this time having a stab at the worlds second best player. The funny thing is the guy that noone dares having a go at was the only one that looked like he was choking out there and only started playing well when the pressure was off. Of course this are the typical sign of a proper bottle merchant.
But let that be our little secret so be sure not to tell anyone
By:
CUPRA
When: 09 Nov 09 09:37
oh yes, we are getting back to form
By:
CUPRA
When: 09 Nov 09 09:44
[i]Dubai, Leopard Creek and now Shanghai.

All much the same shot

[/i
Absolutely bang on
By:
hacker
When: 09 Nov 09 14:55
Els played great all day ...hit a super shot into 8, over water for eagle..and to finish shooting 63 doesn`t feel like a bottle job to me.He just took the wrong shot on at the wrong time...
Tiger seems to be tightening up these days especially when Phils in the mix...Masters and Tour Champs,come to mind.Hacked his way round the first 8 holes..
By:
trebor
When: 09 Nov 09 16:26
Why was it the wrong shot? think he would play the same shot if in same situation again, just the same as we would take odds against on a fair coin toss even if we had lost the first toss. imo it was the shot to play, dos'nt mean it will be sucsesful every time.
Page 2 of 2  •  Previous | 1 | 2 | Next
sort by:
Show
per page

Post your reply

Text Format: Table: Smilies:
Forum does not support HTML
Insert Photo
Cancel
‹ back to topics
www.betfair.com