Forums
Welcome to Live View – Take the tour to learn more
Start Tour
There is currently 1 person viewing this thread.
andyg303
08 Nov 09 07:39
| Topic/replies: 129 | Blogger: andyg303's blog
Just wondered the lowest price he got matched at....? Thanks in advance
Show More
Report stewardsenquirey November 8, 2009 7:42 AM GMT
I think I saw him around the 4.3 mark.Might have gone lower.
Report frames November 8, 2009 7:44 AM GMT
It happened so quick,when Phil and Ernie were messing up 16 and 18 I think I saw 3.7ish when he holed on 17 at the same time.Could well be mistaken though.
Report andyg303 November 8, 2009 7:48 AM GMT
Aha.... Left a lay up at 4.2 and got matched so all good, just wondered how low he got, Cheers
Report stewardsenquirey November 8, 2009 7:51 AM GMT
You must have had a good event Frames.
Can't believe you even called Lefty on the 15th(I think)
Lay of Tiger,back of Lefty $$$$$$
Good luck to you.
Report frames November 8, 2009 7:58 AM GMT
Got very lucky lastnight Stewards.Looked like a break even event at best ,then layed a fairly hefty bet on Tiger at 1.67 playing the 9th.He made bogey so I`m delighted but then birdied 10 and was 1.55ish and I was still in.He then bogied 11 and parred in from there.The luck continued with a decent lay of Phil at 1.5 playing the 5th today.From wondering why I was bothering doing the all nighters it ended up my best week since the Open.
Report stewardsenquirey November 8, 2009 8:15 AM GMT
Fair play to you.
Hows my luck(I bet no where near as big as you)
But I had Watson in the open for 3.5k(never layed off) and the field tonight for £1300.
It was winnings I played up,so while I am not happy I could afford to lose it on both occasions.
I am destined not to make a career from gambling though.
Report new bluey November 8, 2009 12:05 PM GMT
Moore traded 3.1. Not sure for how much though.
Report frames November 9, 2009 11:06 AM GMT
Stewards ,this is not critiscism it`s more stating the obvious.Before BF came along we were all gamblers who had a bet and then waited for the result,I have only ever known one person who could make it pay pre BF.Yesterday you were in a great position for much of the time having ( I guess) layed a 600/1200 Phil early in round 4 ? Now this is where the gambler/trader differ ,straight away I would be looking to get the -600 figure to zero at worst.After the 4th Phil became the trading player with Tiger near enough gone.
Every event is different and we all play the game differently ,in your position I would of been trading 200/300 bets on Phil to reduce that 600 figure ,you can still lay him again if you think the price too short.Obviously hindsight is a wonderful thing but the way it went yesterday it would of been fairly easy to get perhaps a free 800 lay of Phil from your early position then it`s again up to you if you want to take a level 400 profit or let it ride but with a much smaller downside.
You say you will never be able to make gambling pay well you are in the 99% majority there but if you start trading the bets I am convinced you have a much better chance.Not a chance I could make gambling pay but ( touch wood) I have found a way to make this place pay.
Obviously I am guessing about when you made your opening bet but if it was the 1.5ish Phil early in round 4 it was a great starting point , you could still of gambled but with a much smaller downside with a bit of trading.It`s worth a try if nothing else ,nothing is guaranteed to work unfortunately.
Post Your Reply
<CTRL+Enter> to submit
Please login to post a reply.

Wonder

Instance ID: 13539
www.betfair.com