Forums
There is currently 1 person viewing this thread.
These 103 comments are related to the topic:
HSBC IN PLAY DAY 1

Post your reply

Text Format: Table: Smilies:
Forum does not support HTML
Insert Photo
Cancel
Page 2 of 3  •  Previous | 1 | 2 | 3 | Next
sort by:
Show
per page
Replies: 103
By:
chris_rogers30
When: 05 Nov 09 14:37
Thank you :) will keep my fingers crossed for Dougherty :)
By:
retief
When: 05 Nov 09 14:41
:)
By:
double trouble
When: 05 Nov 09 14:56
I know it's only day one but going on past results here (Ok so its only 4 years of data) I dont think theres much point looking at anyone worse than -5 atm. It all points to players needing to be on the pace from the get go.
By:
CUPRA
When: 05 Nov 09 15:15
One db and he is 40s instead of being 16s. You can take the 40s now, or just wait till he is just three off the pace and take 18. Its your call. I like this tournament, it looks like proper golf. But at a silly time.
By:
djx1969.
When: 05 Nov 09 15:42
Tiger backers you would of been rewarde w ith 2,s throughout the nite cos thats how he traded,
By:
double trouble
When: 05 Nov 09 15:51
Sorry mate but 40's is too short. -2 definitely too far back imo.
By:
graycm57
When: 05 Nov 09 15:54
I'd rather have a guy on -2, most of a my pre-tournament selections are on +1 so pretty much **ed, it's all a matter of trying to get a good round or 2 together so I can cut my losses.
By:
double trouble
When: 05 Nov 09 16:06
We'll id pretty much give up if i were you gray. Ive got 3 on -3 and Ive given them up for lost...
By:
Only-the-Brave
When: 05 Nov 09 16:27
personally think that kim is the value here atm. Expect him to challenge at the very least
By:
CUPRA
When: 05 Nov 09 18:11
Didnt WW come from 7 behind two years ago? and that was over 18 holes. Oh, of course there was a stopper in front. (xalm down dt, at least he doesnt have to jump fences!)
By:
Take My Money, I Don't Want It
When: 05 Nov 09 18:17
I think Mickelson looks to be a very tasty price, I would be suprised if he wasn't 3 shots off the lead by the end of the day. Will surely trade much lower than the current 16....
By:
always lay off
When: 05 Nov 09 18:55
i cant bring myself to back so low so early in a tourney...but on value...the best has to be woods as if he was 2/1 at the start ,level with 77 players..now hes only got 4 in front,6/4 seems big....for tiger backers theres really no point backing pre if hes this price after that start...
By:
double trouble
When: 05 Nov 09 19:44
WW did indeed come from a mile back on the Sundayto get in a play off, thanks largely to a massive Lefty stumple, but if you look at where the winners were after day one in each of the four events you can only conclude that it simply isnt a catch up course.

Howell was 4th, trailed by a shot, Yang, 2nd, trailed by a shot, Lefty was 4th and trailed by a whopping 4! Whilst Garcia was 2nd and trailed by 1.

It's possibly simplistic maybe but I dont really think theres much point looking below the -5's given Tiger's on that score...

I dont see a lot of strength in the -4's and I certainly think WW on -2 has too much to do. You need a number of top quality players to stumple, even at this early stage.
By:
double trouble
When: 05 Nov 09 19:45
Not that i have any idea what a stumple is!
By:
always lay off
When: 05 Nov 09 19:50
i guessed it was a cricket term for when u fall over trying to stump someone!!
By:
When: 05 Nov 09 20:15
So your saying Lefty is out of it DT? Absolute codswallop, Mickelson shoots -7 today and woods shoots -3. Mickelson will be -10, woods -8 and Mickelson could well be leading after round 2.
In my opinion anybody level par or better is still in this. If any of the level pars shoots -7 or -8 then they will be 2 or 3 off the lead at the end of the day.
Anybody at level or better still has a very good chance.
By:
Utd Fan
When: 05 Nov 09 20:18
I have not heard the phrase codswallop for years LOL
By:
Gary Binosh
When: 05 Nov 09 20:22
very good word TMM

I do agree though, at least one of the level pars or -1's will shoot -7 today which will put them right back in it.

so Phil at -3 is right in the mix
By:
always lay off
When: 05 Nov 09 20:32
i think saying anyone at level has "a very good chance"...is def exagerrating their chance... mayb still in with a slight chance..yes..
By:
When: 05 Nov 09 20:34
I thought that word wouldn't be censored. I think one of the levels will shoot -7 or better who do ya think?
I'll go for Dyson, Ogilvy and Laird. Oliver Wilson at -1, and Villegas at -2 and Lefty at -3.

One of these 6 will shoot -7 or better I think...
By:
Utd Fan
When: 05 Nov 09 20:39
hope its Dyson
By:
double trouble
When: 05 Nov 09 20:42
We'll see soon enough...But from experience betting on anyone in the hope that they shoot better than Tiger when he's on song on a scoring track is a recipe for disaster. Codswallop it may be but I doubt it...
By:
graycm57
When: 05 Nov 09 20:42
Feck off.....

Hope it's Laird :D
By:
graycm57
When: 05 Nov 09 20:46
I'm thinking about getting on Kim and Casey here, both -5 and 18.5/27 respectively.
By:
double trouble
When: 05 Nov 09 20:48
In my opinion anybody level par or better is still in this. If any of the level pars shoots -7 or -8 then they will be 2 or 3 off the lead at the end of the day.

Im sorry but this is just wrong. If any of the levels shoot, what is an exceptionally good score, -7 or -8, they will still, in all like likelehood be 3 or 4 back, which will be a long way around here. There are 6 very, very good players already on -5 or better and I will be very surprised if one of them doesnt go on to win.
By:
always lay off
When: 05 Nov 09 21:15
must admit dt..think -10 more realistic to b leading...-4 looks a pretty good score...even though that guy thinks its gonna b easy to shoot - 7..only 1 did yesterday, so no reason why anyone should today..
By:
bristoldoug
When: 05 Nov 09 21:18
Some fancy prices about some of the leaders purely because Woods is challenging. Shane Lowry, Nick Dogherty and Lin wen-tang all available at around 100 or more and Joyti Randhawa at about 180. Had a couple of quid on each of them in the hope that one of them can sustain a challenge and then trade later in the tournament.

I never back Woods unless he drifts out to about 8/1, and I fancy he will slip up a little tonight.

I really like the look of Anthony Kim at 18.5 - player in form and hungry for a win after losing the matchplay last week.

And whatever Kaymer does this week or in the final few tournaments this year you really have to fancy his chances of challenging for a major next year. Lovely player to watch and just seems to be improving with every event.
By:
Super Hans
When: 05 Nov 09 21:34
Not a big fan of Quiros but surely 130 is massive considering he was trading at 150 before the tournament started.

Considering the last 3 winners have shot at least 1 rd of 70+ a good rd today would put him right in the mix.

Could be worth a couple of quid.
By:
When: 05 Nov 09 23:08
How can you not be a fan of Quiros, the guy is a fu cking legend!!!
And by DT 's recononing noboby -4 or worse is in the tournament, total pish!!!!
I can guarentee you somebody level or -1 will shoot very low today and get right back in the mix, it happens virtually every week ffs!!
By:
Super Hans
When: 05 Nov 09 23:22
I mean in betting terms. Personally he`s a nice fella.

Although DT will probably end up being right. I too would`nt rule out anyone down to -1 / -2.

The average winning score has been -14.5 and Tiger has twice shot a round better than yesterday and not gone on to win. 2005 1st round 65 finished 2nd @ -17. 2006 2nd round 64 finish 2nd @ -12.

I would`nt be surprised if -8 was still leading tomorrow morning and hopefully Alvero will be one of them.
By:
graycm57
When: 05 Nov 09 23:22
AQ has cost me too much money in the past, he's added to my ** list :D
By:
Utd Fan
When: 06 Nov 09 06:37
What a load of codswallop, Micko bang in this trading at 5/1 good shout TMM
By:
double trouble
When: 06 Nov 09 07:03
Dont be a d i c k utd. I think my points have been completely validated. This is NOT a catch up course. Quiros and Lefty have shot the best rounds of the day, started in a tie for 13th and still dont lead.
By:
graycm57
When: 06 Nov 09 07:06
AQ has just moved higher up my ** list :D
By:
When: 06 Nov 09 07:30
double trouble 06 Nov 08:03
Dont be a d i c k utd. I think my points have been completely validated. This is NOT a catch up course. Quiros and Lefty have shot the best rounds of the day, started in a tie for 13th and still dont lead.

NOT A CATCH UP COURSE, what utter tripe you talk... So what if their not leading, I didn't know that had to be after 36 to win after 72... And being 5 off the lead now 1 off the lead is exactly what I would call a catchup.
:)
By:
double trouble
When: 06 Nov 09 07:35
TMMIDWI, where are all those level par players that were going to get involved????

All i'm doing is offering up some fact based research but if people would rather listen to your insane rubbish then so be it.
By:
CUPRA
When: 06 Nov 09 07:37
The forum returns to it's best. Keep it going, it's cheering me up
By:
double trouble
When: 06 Nov 09 07:40
LoL. Why am I biting mate?
By:
When: 06 Nov 09 07:41
double trouble 05 Nov 20:44
WW did indeed come from a mile back on the Sundayto get in a play off, thanks largely to a massive Lefty stumple, but if you look at where the winners were after day one in each of the four events you can only conclude that it simply isnt a catch up course.

Howell was 4th, trailed by a shot, Yang, 2nd, trailed by a shot, Lefty was 4th and trailed by a whopping 4! Whilst Garcia was 2nd and trailed by 1.

It's possibly simplistic maybe but I dont really think theres much point looking below the -5's given Tiger's on that score...

I dont see a lot of strength in the -4's and I certainly think WW on -2 has too much to do. You need a number of top quality players to stumple, even at this early stage.

Your first point is over 4 tournaments so you cannot conclude anything, far far too small a sample.
And your second point, was cleary plain and simply wrong, Alvaro and Lefty have clearly caught up and are now right in it.....
By:
double trouble
When: 06 Nov 09 08:11
Sorry TMMIDWI. Crazy strategy looking at past results and scoring patterns. Unsure how i ever win tbh. Maybe I should just blindly back the same person every week hey.

Just out of interest, did you answer my ? Where are all the level pars that were going to get involved please?
Page 2 of 3  •  Previous | 1 | 2 | 3 | Next
sort by:
Show
per page

Post your reply

Text Format: Table: Smilies:
Forum does not support HTML
Insert Photo
Cancel
‹ back to topics
www.betfair.com