Forums

General Betting

There is currently 1 person viewing this thread.
viva el presidente!
31 Oct 16 17:37
| Topic/replies: 17,982 | Blogger: viva el presidente!'s blog
afternoon all - long time no see. I've slightly fallen out of love with GT of late, and want to at least look at the alternatives before renewing.

what are the pluses and minuses of the competition in people's experience?

those with experience of several, which one did you end up with and why?

Post your reply

Text Format: Table: Smilies:
Forum does not support HTML
Insert Photo
Cancel
sort by:
Show
per page
Replies: 18
By:
TheBaron
When: 31 Oct 16 18:49
Only ever used Gruss.  Only a couple of minor problems over the years,  The blokes who run it are very helpful.
By:
viva el presidente!
When: 31 Oct 16 22:32
cheers TB.
By:
Cardinal Scott
When: 01 Nov 16 02:34

Oct 31, 2016 -- 12:49PM, TheBaron wrote:

Only ever used Gruss.

By:
Cardinal Scott
When: 01 Nov 16 02:39
Bet Angel in my opinion is the most pleasing on the eye which if you are staring at a screen for hours becomes quite important, if you don't need all the bells and whistles of Bet Angel Professional they do a budget friendly version which I am using right now.
By:
viva el presidente!
When: 01 Nov 16 22:57
Thanks CS. I like the sound of something fairly simple so I'll give that a look.

If BF still did the firefox extras and the old (ie good) site, I could happily live without anything else.
By:
bettinghelp
When: 01 Nov 16 23:20
viva, below is a short review I wrote on another forum 3 months ago. Probably Gruss will be the one for you, but Geeks Toy's occasional lifetime license offer is attractive cost-wise. I think cymatic is now a paid-for tool.

The ones I use/have used:

Gruss: Cheap, easy to use, has Excel integration, recommended for basic/intermediate users.

Geeks Toy: Cheap, especially if you can get the lifetime license for £150, nicest looking interface, lots of features, but lacks Excel integration. The one I use for trading race after race.

Bet Angel: The daddy of them all, has tools to model football and tennis matches, Excel integration, very good automation feature, watch lists to help monitor/trade multiple markets, really helpful owner, forum and help desk, but it's easily the most expensive. Took me a long time to get to grips with everything it has, but well worth it for advanced users.

Cymatic: Free, some nice features, but clunky and failed to fire a number of bets. I ditched it.

I'd say all of them are value for money, but none of them do everything I'd like them to, so my own interface would be ideal, but I guess very expensive.
By:
viva el presidente!
When: 06 Nov 16 21:21
belated thanks bh - v helpful. probably will give betangel a look. excel integration's not an issue for me, but being able to stick loads of markets on several screens at a time's pretty crucial.
By:
legermedia
When: 09 Nov 16 01:16
Have a look at wager tool. I tried it recently on trial and I was very impressed with it. I don't think you can beat Bet Assistant though.
By:
OliasOfSunhillow
When: 11 Dec 16 11:53
Perhaps if you could describe exactly what you want your chosen tool to be able to do we might be able to help
By:
plotdraw
When: 16 Dec 16 09:56
Do any of the aforementioned allow you to retrospectively look at the market fluctuations ?  I am looking for something that each evening allows me to look at various greyhound markets for the 5 or so minutes leading up to off time.  Many thanks in advance
By:
Ghetto Joe
When: 16 Dec 16 16:56
Nah they're not allowed to store Betfair data as Betfair sell that data themselves to companies like http://www.fracsoft.com/ . Plenty of them allow you to connect the program to excel so it's not too hard to program something in excel to store the refreshes and play them back in excel for you.
By:
theonlywayforward
When: 26 Dec 16 11:33
To the op

Simple as if your intention is to win trading WILL NOT help.

Better to study the event and use the previous accordance as a guide but allow for the day conditions.

My advice anyhow .

gl
By:
theonlywayforward
When: 26 Dec 16 11:41
To do that successfully one can use excel but it has its limits so there is a free software called "R"

Google it and you will see.
By:
viva el presidente!
When: 27 Dec 16 13:54
TOWF - we all have our different experiences and slants on betting. I've been making a living trading since 2006.
By:
theonlywayforward
When: 28 Dec 16 03:39
Well fair enough but I found that the margin is too low and eventually one makes a mistake which ends up costing one the profit whereas finding a consistent advantage is exactly that .
By:
Ron Pillock
When: 28 Dec 16 12:06
Through boredom and just lack of concentration I've made mistakes that have cost me over two months worth of profit this year.  Time to call it a day I think.
By:
viva el presidente!
When: 29 Dec 16 18:21
tbf, we may have different definitions of trading.
By:
Ghetto Joe
When: 02 Jan 17 13:06
Viva how do you cope with paying over 40% of your profits each week?
sort by:
Show
per page

Post your reply

Text Format: Table: Smilies:
Forum does not support HTML
Insert Photo
Cancel
‹ back to topics
www.betfair.com