Forums

General Betting

Welcome to Live View – Take the tour to learn more
Start Tour
There is currently 1 person viewing this thread.
alfee
08 Aug 16 15:06
| Topic/replies: 4,480 | Blogger: alfee's blog
Opened an account with these coonts jumped the hoops with the verification,  but iv decided after depositing a grand  not to bother betting with them,  tryed to withdraw my deposit,  but they refuse to let me have My Money until i turn it over at least Once,  Cheeky Coonts !

they said its in their T/Cs ,    Is their anything i can do other than risking gambling my own money  to get it back ,  Cheers .
Pause Switch to Standard View 118BET Refuse to release my deposit...
Show More
Report mega88 August 8, 2016 2:16 PM BST
Now that is down right dirty, bet you feel shafted! ! Not only do you have to turn over winnings these days but now deposited funds. Feel for you brother, get onto the gambling commission..
Report mega88 August 8, 2016 2:16 PM BST
Let us know how you get on
Report mega88 August 8, 2016 2:17 PM BST
Jesus you now have to turn over your own hard earned cash I'm lost for words. Ibe heard it all now thank God I only use the exchange
Report mega88 August 8, 2016 2:25 PM BST
From their tc
"We will not release your funds under any circumstances if the full value of your deposit is not played through in full."

Is this common practice these days then
Report dave1357 August 8, 2016 5:47 PM BST
mega88 • August 8, 2016 2:16 PM BST
..... get onto the gambling commission..

If there is anything guaranteed to be a waste of time, that would be it.
Report dave1357 August 8, 2016 6:07 PM BST
If OP put the money on for a specific bet or reason, that appeared to be available, but is not in fact available, he should point this out to them.  eg they won't take bets of any significant size on sporting events and racing.   

If he is simply being capricious, he deserves what he gets.  Gambling sites have all sorts of proceeds of crime and anti-money laundering regs to deal with and probably get charged by payment processors, so I can't blame them for their stance (with the above proviso).
Report wolf3011 August 8, 2016 6:59 PM BST

Aug 8, 2016 -- 3:17PM, mega88 wrote:

Jesus you now have to turn over your own hard earned cash I'm lost for words. Ibe heard it all now thank God I only use the exchange

and to think there were some on the other thread saying this is the worst place going when u have places like 118

Report mega88 August 8, 2016 9:29 PM BST

Aug 8, 2016 -- 7:07PM, dave1357 wrote:

If OP put the money on for a specific bet or reason, that appeared to be available, but is not in fact available, he should point this out to them.  eg they won't take bets of any significant size on sporting events and racing.    If he is simply being capricious, he deserves what he gets.  Gambling sites have all sorts of proceeds of crime and anti-money laundering regs to deal with and probably get charged by payment processors, so I can't blame them for their stance (with the above proviso).

There may be a genuine reason he needs that money out.Let's face facts the reason they require it to be turned over is because 90% will lose it. Will never put money into these tacky sites

Report dave1357 August 8, 2016 11:33 PM BST
90%?  I think you are overestimating the edge of a gambling site.  Like I said if he deposited for betting that isn't now available or possible, he has a solid case to take to arbitration and then to court in the IoM if required.  Even if he hasn't, I would guess that the contract term demanding turnover is probably unlawful, being unfair, though they could probably charge a % to cover payment processing costs.  But in the latter case he is a bit of an idiot and gets no sympathy from me.
Report DIE LINKE August 9, 2016 12:49 PM BST
the real problems begin when he tries to place a bet and a message pops up saying max stake 50p
Report mega88 August 9, 2016 12:58 PM BST

Aug 9, 2016 -- 1:49PM, DIE LINKE wrote:

the real problems begin when he tries to place a bet and a message pops up saying max stake 50p

Lol shafTed to the max. Personally I'd lu.p the grand on Leicester win at weekend and wait for payday withdraw and close account

Report hormiguero August 9, 2016 1:00 PM BST
If the OP had a gambling problem and decided to give up for a while, surely they could not insist on him betting the funds without running into problems with gambling commission.
Report tommycockles August 9, 2016 1:46 PM BST
Good idea hormiguero, tell them you have a gambling problem and want to self-exclude

(below taken from their website)

PLAYER PROTECTION TOOLS

The player protection tools set out below are available to 188BET members.  We strongly advise our members to use any of the following tools to assist them as and when necessary.

Self-Exclusion

For your own protection, you can request Self-Exclusion from using our services at any time.  When you request Self–Exclusion, we will block your account for the duration of the Self-Exclusion.  During this time, any lifting of the Self-Exclusion will not be possible and you will no longer have access to your account or our services.  We will also use all reasonable measures to return funds held in your account to you and to ensure you do not receive any marketing material during this time.  You can make a Self-Exclusion request at any time as follows:

If you are using our website, through a request on the Responsible Gaming page, under ‘My Account’
    If you are using our mobile site, through a request on the main page selecting ‘My Account’ and then ‘Responsible Gaming’
    At any time by email: care@188service.com
    At any time directly through our Customer Support team by LiveChat, or by telephone +44 (0)20 3608 4015

Self-Exclusion from 188BET can be made for 6 months, 1 year, 2 years or 5 years.  You can also request permanent Self-Exclusion from 188BET.  Any request from you to lift the Self-Exclusion request during a Self-Exclusion period will not be considered.

Where we receive a request for Self-Exclusion, we will permanently block your account for the period of time requested (the minimum period being 6 months). If the funds in your account are above the amount for minimum withdrawal, you will also be given an option to withdraw any remaining funds held in your account.  Where a balance is below the minimum level for withdrawal, we will use reasonable measures to attempt to return the funds to you.   
Please note:

all Self-Exclusions are irreversible for the duration of the specified time;
    any new accounts you attempt to open during the Self-Exclusion period will be blocked as soon as detected;
    we will take all reasonable measures to make sure you do not receive any promotional material;
    if you have Self-Excluded with any other gambling operator(s) and/or service provider(s), it does not automatically apply to 188BET.  You may wish to consider also excluding from other operators;
    should you wish to return to 188BET after a period of Self-Exclusion (other than permanent Self-Exclusion), you will need to contact our Customer Support team by LiveChat, by email, or by telephone +44 (0)20 3608 4015. Following a request to uplift Self-Exclusion, a ‘cooling off’ period of 24-48 hours will be applied before you are able to access your account.
    188BET reserves the right to exclude a player for a longer period of time at our discretion.
Report Ghetto Joe August 15, 2016 1:37 PM BST
I'd be careful with exploiting any self excluding loophole as   188BET may inform other bookies out of spite, probably best kept as a last resort.
Report DIE LINKE August 15, 2016 7:20 PM BST
wouldn't imagine anyone putting £1K into 118BET has many other accounts left.
Report sheppy123 August 17, 2016 7:03 PM BST
I've got several bookie accounts that I can't get the money out of so use Betfair to help me get the money back. I'll probably lose about 10% but it's better than losing everything!
Post Your Reply
<CTRL+Enter> to submit
Please login to post a reply.

Wonder

Instance ID: 13539
www.betfair.com