Forums

General Betting

Welcome to Live View – Take the tour to learn more
Start Tour
There is currently 1 person viewing this thread.
somemuppet
29 Jul 16 20:30
| Topic/replies: 1,590 | Blogger: somemuppet's blog
why do they occur ? in the last 6 days , missed penalties , shots hitting the bar and picking the wrong games have cost me a packet. Everything i do is wrong. the week before i couldent do a thing wrong. winning sequence you think you cant lose and then BOOOOOOOOM you hit a sequence of disastrous outcomes.
Pause Switch to Standard View losing sequences and winning sequences
Show More
Report Coachbuster July 29, 2016 11:49 PM BST
once you get a 6 week winning sequence muppet , stop betting and let the losing sequence pass and then resume again - works a treat  Wink
Report somemuppet July 30, 2016 1:13 PM BST
yeah its one big mystery..
Report stu July 31, 2016 10:16 AM BST
Is why we love and hate this game - leads you on, then slaps you in the face...just like a woman! Laugh
Report Ghetto Joe July 31, 2016 12:47 PM BST
People get lazy and over confident during a long winning spell, as soon as the losers come along many lose confidence/start chasing/ etc until they come to their senses and start doing things properly again.
Report Gallivanter July 31, 2016 11:18 PM BST
This will take some time but you might want to try it.

Don't use a computer, do it by hand. Toss a coin 1,000 times and count the number of heads and tails. Don't make either your favourite. Write down the results. You can do that in one day.

Now comes the hard part. Do it for another nine days, noting each day as it comes.

If you stick at it, and most won't, you'll come to an astonishing conclusion.

If you actually do it and don't read the results from a book or a computer (with a fake randomiser), you'll get the hang of variance. That's when you will (slowly) begin to win money.
Report stu August 1, 2016 9:20 AM BST
...or you could just accept that winning and losing runs will happen (the quicker version of above) ^^^ Grin
Report stu August 1, 2016 9:22 AM BST
I think Ghetto also has the psych angle correct too - when winnings have been coming in, it's easy to change from doing what you were doing well before, getting lazy and less efficient in selections for example...
Report somemuppet August 1, 2016 8:03 PM BST
interesting Mischief
Report freddiewilliams August 1, 2016 8:32 PM BST
galivanter......whats the conclusion
Report cpfc4me August 3, 2016 7:15 AM BST
I think he's gone off gallivanting somewhere...
Report kincsem August 3, 2016 3:13 PM BST
It came up 10,000 heads, 0 tails.
Report cpfc4me August 3, 2016 4:18 PM BST
You might want to check your coin
Report bettinghelp August 3, 2016 6:02 PM BST
Can I have 11/10 tails next spin?
Report cpfc4me August 3, 2016 8:17 PM BST
After 10,000 consecutive heads, the only conclusion to be drawn is that tails is massively overdue... So no you can't have 11/10 Grin
Post Your Reply
<CTRL+Enter> to submit
Please login to post a reply.

Wonder

Instance ID: 13539
www.betfair.com