Forums

General Betting

Welcome to Live View – Take the tour to learn more
Start Tour
There is currently 1 person viewing this thread.
amelia1253
09 Dec 14 08:39
| Topic/replies: 3,829 | Blogger: amelia1253's blog
can any1 exsplain to me what the point is changing it i just dont see the point
Pause Switch to Standard View correct score market
Show More
Report Bud December 15, 2014 4:29 PM GMT
What is changing?
Report romfordiron December 15, 2014 6:34 PM GMT
They've changed U/Q to Any Other Home Win, Any Other Away Win and Any Other Draw. For tomorrow's League Cup games, it's hidden away below dozens of low liquidity markets. Hopefully, it'll get put back to below the match odds - otherwise, there'll be a massive reduction in market turnover.
Report Templeton Peck December 15, 2014 10:03 PM GMT
It is going to be put back below match odds at some point.

I'm assuming the change is something to do with cross market matching and/or Price Rush.  Although official line is "customer demand".
Report Just Checking December 15, 2014 11:13 PM GMT
What the hell is going on with the correct score market?
I can't see correct score anywhere at the moment on the site on for example Derby Chelsea tommorow, and the API doesn't return it either?

Correct score is THE second football market for liquidity after match odds, surely they haven't been stupid enough to remove it?! Sad
Report smithy91 December 15, 2014 11:40 PM GMT
Should be chaos no doubt tommorow chaps trading the unquoted price for derby vs chelsea.  Will anyone give me 500/1 on 4-4 ? :)
Report smithy91 December 15, 2014 11:52 PM GMT
Put £50 down at 7.4 on chelsea scoring 4+. Derby were rancid vs Middlesbrough at weekend and I'm suprised to see it being offered at 6.2 tbh. Have it 5.3ish myself!
Report romfordiron December 15, 2014 11:58 PM GMT
It's hidden in the alphabetically listed part - between Correct Score 2 Home and Derby +1. There will now be a more direct correlation between the match odds and correct scores. Eg the draw price should equate to the sum of the 0-0, 1-1, 2-2, 3-3 and 'any other draw'.

Agreed that it must be to do with this Price Rush malarkey.

They need to sort out its place in the market listings ASAP - it's out of place in every match currently listed on the exchange. There's not even a proper book yet on the Sheff Utd v So'ton match.
Report Just Checking December 16, 2014 12:35 AM GMT
I've found the "new" market hidden away. Liquidity is shocking at best to non existant, as you'd expect when you have to go on a Holy Grail style quest to find the thing Plain.

A bit like Tesco moving their milk and bread to behind a trapdoor, behind the pickle jars, and wondering why sales have dropped..
Report Coachbuster December 16, 2014 1:22 PM GMT
it's a good idea to have the 3 unquoted markets ,but they simply need to make the 'new' correct score market stand out .

You just need someone at BF to overlook affairs that doesn't have a degree in Human anthropology, but simply a little common sense.
Report Westender December 16, 2014 2:02 PM GMT
This place is on its knees Cry
Report Templeton Peck December 16, 2014 2:59 PM GMT
As I've said, they've confirmed Correct Score will be back to its old place soon.

As for market order, this was taken up but they obviously did nothing about it.  The order of markets is nonsensical and only someone who's spent a long time looking at it will be able to find anything quickly.  Might send them another email asking for some common sense.

Looking at it now, the order is comical: Corner Odds; First Goal Odds; Corners Match Bet; Shown a Card; First Corner.  Why on earth are the three corner markets (along with the other corner markets) not all listed together?!?
Report YOMOMMA December 16, 2014 3:46 PM GMT
They need to run another question and answers session and give themselves a pat on the back.
Report romfordiron December 16, 2014 4:57 PM GMT
Have they told you it definitely will get put back to its normal place Templeton?

I'm being told there's a reason it's been moved, but only by the customer services girl on the end of the live chat.
Report longbridge December 16, 2014 5:04 PM GMT
It's starting (intermittently) to appear back where it belongs below Match Odds in the left hand menu; I'm guessing (hoping?) that means they're rolling the fix out now.
Report Just Checking December 16, 2014 5:15 PM GMT
Templeton yes the market order is bonkers.

When O/U 0.5 came in they just added it to the bottom so it went
3.5 etc
... three dozens markets

and there it's stayed, for years now.

I'd guess they are ordered by the order markets were created or somethng, nothing more clever, and they never thought to have a simple way to change it independently. If they do have a way to change it, they are unbelievably lazy or have no common sense!
Report Templeton Peck December 16, 2014 5:22 PM GMT
The Twitter Helpdesk account said: "Hi, Yes this should be sorted out and arranged as per normal."  I haven't taken it any further but hopefully longbridge is correct and it is starting to appear in the correct place.

Just Checking, yep, there are plenty of examples of bizarre ordering. I'll send them an email and see what's going on.
Report romfordiron December 16, 2014 5:45 PM GMT
It looks like it's back up to where it should be on the new site, but not yet on the classic site. I've just spoken to someone and he said he'll speak to market operations to try to get it sorted for the classic site.
Report longbridge December 16, 2014 5:51 PM GMT
@JustChecking

I see what you mean about O/U 0.5 on the classic site - it's more sensibly placed on the new one.

Maybe they can move it on the classic menu when they work out how to move CS?
Report Westender December 16, 2014 6:01 PM GMT
Can somebody tweet them to ask if they will be supplying all customers with sunglasses to combat the eye strain as a result of the brightness
Report Just Checking December 16, 2014 6:06 PM GMT
I don't use the new site really for anything proper as it's buggy, I trust what I'm seeing as far as I can throw it!
Report Westender December 16, 2014 7:05 PM GMT
They have turned down the brightness - well done Betfair
Report Westender December 16, 2014 7:07 PM GMT
Sorry they have reverted back to yesterday's version of the new website.

Hopefully this gash seen today is gone for good
Report Coachbuster December 16, 2014 7:10 PM GMT
BF must have been hoping that the nursery school colors on the new site with it's fairy lights and bells and whistles would attract the recreational young punters , except that Bet365 (which succeeds with  better advertising)  has never really looked like that .
Report Templeton Peck December 16, 2014 7:26 PM GMT
If it's an old site only issue, we might have trouble getting it changed.  They're VERY reticent to do any work on it.

I remember when the old site would freeze for a few seconds on a regular basis just after the new site was launched. They said they wouldn't look into it. When they realised the new site was not fit for purpose, the old site's freezing magically disappeared!
Report Just Checking December 16, 2014 9:44 PM GMT
Oh one ramification of what they've done is now the market doesn't close until end of match, previously as soon as it hit Any Unquoted it was all wrapped up, now it's always the full 90..
Report jptrader December 17, 2014 10:13 AM GMT
I realize why this is happening. This will make them able to Cross match between CS and Match odds markets!
Report Coachbuster December 17, 2014 3:46 PM GMT
all makes sense to me - a good move by BF .

AUQ now runs along the lines you wish  rather than buying into part a bet you don't want .

table needs condensing now though .

in due course it would be nice to have a correct score market on one page  which incorparates ALL scores - inc cs2a ,  cs2h ,AOUh ,d and a .

tying up funds on one market is painful and uneccesary
Report Templeton Peck December 20, 2014 12:50 PM GMT
Has anyone noticed much change in how the market's behaving?  I've just used the new format for the first time and got less matched than I usually would and can't put my finger on why.  Total matched in the market is ok but my share isn't. Something didn't feel right.
Report Westender December 20, 2014 3:43 PM GMT
I am mainly just sticking to purple and the books to bet as I cannot look at the market pages long due to excess brightness leading quickly to eye strain and headaches.
Report Templeton Peck December 20, 2014 5:15 PM GMT
Why don't you use the old site?
Report Just Checking December 20, 2014 6:41 PM GMT
About a month ago when they announced the end of the old API I presumed (and heard rumour) the old site was about to go as well so I had a go with the new site for the first time since it was introduced (I didn't like it). I experienced about 3 bugs in an hour, two of which as I remember were dangerous, and one very nasty. Something like by default if you first go to a market, e.g correct score, the default tab on the right was the leftmost tab of three, but it only bothers to calculate the liabilites on the lines if you had the rightmost tab open, so you could be happily logged on, have bets matched and be looking at the market for those bets happily updating and looking live, but have whopping new liabilities that it's not showing you as you don't quite have the correct tab open on the right. You could go and deliberately match bets outside that page and watch the liabilities not change a bit. Click the rightmost tab, suddenly lots of red numbers appear and underpants go brown.
Report Westender December 20, 2014 10:11 PM GMT
The point is TP that there should be a website that is fully functional to meet the needs of customers and meets basic health & safety requirements. The current Betfair football markets do not as the excess brightness is quickly leading to eye strain and headaches. In addition, Just Checking above has nailed it regarding the pig's breakfast of the website.

There should not be an old  and new site FFS.

I simply go elsewhere for most of my betting now as I can no longer be bothered with the shocking customer service provided by Betfair.
Report longbridge December 22, 2014 1:30 PM GMT
@Just Checking - the Football betslip is now (last few days) the Exchange+ one (you can tell the difference as it only has 2 tabs) which doesn't have the problem with updatig liabilities the old 3-tab one had; it's been active on Horse Racing for a few months now, I've been playing around with the dutching featires it has.
Report Coachbuster December 22, 2014 1:46 PM GMT
damn - the listings are still all over the shop on classic .
Report Super Hans December 22, 2014 5:01 PM GMT
If they are going to stick with the sh1tty CSNEW.

At least put it by the Match odds market.

Is currently the 41st option in the Jueventus v Napoli game.

CluelessCry
Report Coachbuster December 22, 2014 6:42 PM GMT
Super Hans - i think they just want to get folk to switch to the new site by making the old one unusable - then they can say  'but folk switched on their own accord'

yeah of course we did !

an old gov't trick ,make something so unuser friendly  it gives you no option .
Report Westender December 22, 2014 8:33 PM GMT
You have cracked it Coachbuster.

The only problem Betfair have is that people like me are switching to Purple, Bet365 and other Books instead where there is better value.
Report Super Hans December 23, 2014 3:34 PM GMT
As above.

They need to be careful what they wish for.
Report smithy91 December 27, 2014 4:28 PM GMT
someone's bot has been  going nuts on correct score recently aswell. 0-1 west ham vs chelsea was trading at 38 and someone took everything down to 5 in one go . happened on two other games aswell in last week or so!
Post Your Reply
<CTRL+Enter> to submit
Please login to post a reply.

Wonder

Instance ID: 13539
www.betfair.com