Forums

General Betting

Welcome to Live View – Take the tour to learn more
Start Tour
There is currently 1 person viewing this thread.
hazardous
12 Nov 13 01:50
| Topic/replies: 170 | Blogger: hazardous's blog
moving into a new house with space to set up a purpose built bet cave, just wondering what others have done or what people might imagine could be the ultimate set up ? Cheers
Pause Switch to Standard View home office for betting
Show More
Report PittsburghPhil November 12, 2013 6:20 AM GMT
All you need now is a bar, with 72 Danish virgins to serve the drinks and provide other services.
Report Cork Langer November 12, 2013 12:07 PM GMT
Start with plenty of electrical points, decent sized tv on a wall that the sun doesn't shine on when you plan to use it, a comfortable chair, a decent amount of workspace and as little clutter as possible.
Report rcing November 12, 2013 1:10 PM GMT
try and get a dual monitor set up , as well as a tv .
Report ann witt November 12, 2013 3:01 PM GMT
If you are a straight gambler a punch bag is a necessity (imo). Even if you're Ferengi filth it would come in handy for when betfair went down (iyo). HTH.
Report Knight Rider November 12, 2013 6:03 PM GMT
Mine has desk, 2 monitors, wall-mounted tv, xbox and an exercise bike I ride while playing the xbox (gambling is not the healthiest occupation).  Also a massage chair which was one of those silly impulse buys and I never use it.
Report rcing November 12, 2013 6:07 PM GMT
^^^^^^^^

and this playing in the back ground

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8F1rmgUrTGc

Happy
Report DStyle November 12, 2013 6:09 PM GMT
a lock on the door.
Report lanza November 12, 2013 7:02 PM GMT
haha rcing.   

Yeah a lock is a must to keep those kids / mrs out and work in relative peace.

my sky net crashed this week in the middle of a game, dongle with some credit, on stand by just in-case.
Report DStyle November 12, 2013 7:20 PM GMT
sky net?

are you building a terminator?
Report Darlo Bantam November 12, 2013 8:44 PM GMT
I have a bean bag as one of my chairs - it nicely doubles up as a punch/kick bag.
Report gus November 12, 2013 8:54 PM GMT
i just have some floor cushions and a very low coffee table for keyboard, monitor and mouse  ... the aim is to induce a zen-like tranquility to proceedings ... though the the beta-blockers also  play their part.
Report lanza November 12, 2013 10:43 PM GMT
sorry d-style....i dont get it mate?  Sad
Report Cork Langer November 12, 2013 10:46 PM GMT
No food or drink in the room, always make time to exercise to and from the office to the kitchen, the regular breaks are invaluable to keep you active, keen and refreshed.
Report DStyle November 12, 2013 10:56 PM GMT
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Skynet_%28Terminator%29
Report lanza November 12, 2013 11:25 PM GMT
Laugh

Cool
Report hazardous November 13, 2013 2:44 AM GMT
Thanks for some of your suggestions, i think the exercise equipment is a great idea, also the punching bag could come in handy, i might even get Jonathan Trotts ugly head painted on it. The lap top with dongle is a must for when bf goes down or internet problems arise. Cork Langer i think your right about no food down stairs that is a trap. Cheers fellas
Report rcing November 13, 2013 1:10 PM GMT
just to say hazardous , if betfair goes down a dongle wont make any difference , you still wont be able to connect .  you will only use a dongle if your internet service provider goes down .

probably what you meant
Report hazardous November 13, 2013 11:01 PM GMT
yeh it is cheers rcing
Report no moves November 13, 2013 11:13 PM GMT
And most importantly a big bin for all the losing betting slips and a direct line to the Samaratins.
Report BJT November 14, 2013 6:02 AM GMT
Betting slips?  Siht, if I printed off every bet I made the ink and paper alone would put me out of business......  Cry
Report Gin November 14, 2013 8:53 AM GMT
hazardous
13 Nov 13 02:44
| Topic/replies: 168 | Blogger: hazardous's blog
Thanks for some of your suggestions, i think the exercise equipment is a great idea, also the punching bag could come in handy, i might even get Jonathan Trotts ugly head painted on it. The lap top with dongle is a must for when bf goes down or internet problems arise. Cork Langer i think your right about no food down stairs that is a trap. Cheers fellas

Don't forget that most (all?) smartphones can be used as a wi-fi hotspot, negating the need for a dongle.
Report CJ70 November 15, 2013 10:02 AM GMT
If you have room and the relevant permissions a motorised satellite dish is very handy and relatively inexpensive.
Report harold_lloyd November 15, 2013 10:21 AM GMT
CJ70 , is that to pick up raw feeds ?
Report CJ70 November 15, 2013 1:08 PM GMT

Nov 15, 2013 -- 10:21AM, harold_lloyd wrote:

CJ70 , is that to pick up raw feeds ?

I assume that can be done but I wouldn't know where to start. I use it for picking up FTA channels that carry content I can't get in the UK but others may consider a Dreambox or similar solution.

Post Your Reply
<CTRL+Enter> to submit
Please login to post a reply.

Wonder

Instance ID: 13539
www.betfair.com