Forums

General Betting

There is currently 1 person viewing this thread.
MR 3000
11 Apr 12 16:32
| Topic/replies: 6 | Blogger: MR 3000's blog
is there any software that could show you where exactly in the queue is your money? I mean, so you could see how long approx you have to wait until your bet will be matched. thanks.

Post your reply

Text Format: Table: Smilies:
Forum does not support HTML
Insert Photo
Cancel
sort by:
Show
per page
Replies: 6
By:
BetAngel
When: 11 Apr 12 16:43
Betfair don't expose information about individual orders so it's impossible to reliably work out where you are in the queue. Therefore you can only estimate where you think you could be, but even that is pretty vague. At that point somebody wipes out three ticks around your price and you are suddenly at the back of a very big queue!
By:
viva el presidente!
When: 11 Apr 12 17:10
but surely it should be possible to work out where you are in the queue at a given price point?

eg, if there's 1K waiting at 2.0 and I put an order in at the same price, how much there is ahead of me should be £1000 minus the amount matched at that price since the order went in?
By:
BetAngel
When: 11 Apr 12 18:14
Part matching, cancelled orders, part cancelled orders, cross matching etc. etc. Delays between traded volume data and actual etc. etc.
By:
viva el presidente!
When: 11 Apr 12 20:14
hmm - I see the cancelled orders thing.

but presumably that still means it's possible to show the maximum amount that can be ahead of you in the queue, as this can only remove money.
By:
Just Checking
When: 11 Apr 12 20:34
MAXIMUM correct perhaps, but you couldn't reliably say a minimum.

I wonder - how does crossmatching fit into this if somehow the odds are same for a direct bet getting take versus a cross match that comes to the same value : and how could you work that out from the graphs?
By:
catflmasppo
When: 11 Apr 12 21:53
I've always been surprised there is no api call for this, it seems a pretty basic and useful piece of information about a bet.
sort by:
Show
per page

Post your reply

Text Format: Table: Smilies:
Forum does not support HTML
Insert Photo
Cancel
‹ back to topics
www.betfair.com