Forums

General Betting

Welcome to Live View – Take the tour to learn more
Start Tour
There is currently 1 person viewing this thread.
petersfield
07 Dec 09 19:45
| Topic/replies: 403 | Blogger: petersfield's blog
Hi fellas,

Could anyone help me out with the following questions...

1, Is it calculated over the year?
2, What are the dates?
3, Do they just help themselves to a lump some?
4, Do bet daq have the same policy?
5, Is it correct that once you have won over £10,000 they will charge 20%?

Thanks for any help.
Pause Switch to Standard View Premium charge?
Show More
Report clouded leopard December 7, 2009 7:52 PM GMT
it's quite simple really

On 12th October 2009 we will be making some changes to the Premium Charge mechanism. The changes are being made following a period of review, during which we have consulted and collated feedback from over 300 customers. The changes are designed to simplify the charge and have been devised specifically to address the most consistent topics of concern expressed by customers, both those who have incurred the charge and those who havent.

We anticipate that the changes will reduce the number of customers affected by the charge and also the total amount of Premium Charges collected each week.

The changes can be summarised as follows:

Increase the 60 week calculation period to the
Report Eldrick December 7, 2009 7:58 PM GMT
1, Is it calculated over the year?

no

2, What are the dates?

they are the fruits that are put in the bowl at the christmas that nobody likes

3, Do they just help themselves to a lump some?

yes

4, Do bet daq have the same policy?

no. they focus more on offering a clunky web platform that has no customers. sometimes people who pay pc go over there to show how big an order they can't get matched

5, Is it correct that once you have won over £10,000 they will charge 20%?

not always
Report ELA MANA MOU December 8, 2009 9:54 AM GMT
Is it afact that it is legal---not known
is it ethical----NO
Is it fair-------NO
Have they got to big to greedy to quick---YES
.Will it effect us all,In different ways-------YES
Do they care----NO
Will i have my posting rights taken off me----prob yes
Report catfloppo December 8, 2009 10:16 AM GMT
LOL at eldrick.
Report Ow ! Kiss my bad self December 9, 2009 7:28 AM GMT
quick update on avoiding or reducing PC on here.

Open up a Canbet account, they offer 25% rebate on monthly losses, also built in safety factor is best odds guaranteed, or play SP+ whereby you get 3% added to SP returns.

Concentrate on selections that are low priced, say even money or odds on whereby the prices on CB are virtually the same as on BF, trade as necessary, ie back CB, lay BF.

The way I see it, you are building up commission points on BF as you go, even if you dont get a winner in a month, you pay 22.5% max to BF with PC but get rebate of 25% back from CB.

Break even, you dont pay any PC but have increased your commission charges and thereby reduce future PC liability.

If you are ahead on CB then you have massively offset PC going forward.

Only pitfalls are monthly rebate vs weekly charge, whereby you may pay PC up to 3 weeks out of 4 and still be ahead with CB on the month if you have a massive winning week.
Report Fergus December 9, 2009 10:40 AM GMT
OKmbs,

The C**bet 25% Cashback Rebate promotion appears to have been 'discontinued as of the 1st of December 2009'.

I couldn't find the terms and conditions of the original offer (and nor do I bet on the horses much), so it's difficult to judge how beneficial such an offer would have been in reducing or off-setting premium charges. If it worked for you, then well done.
Post Your Reply
<CTRL+Enter> to submit
Please login to post a reply.

Wonder

Instance ID: 13539
www.betfair.com