Forums

General Betting

Welcome to Live View – Take the tour to learn more
Start Tour
There is currently 1 person viewing this thread.
21 Nov 09 04:40
| Topic/replies: 19,297 | Blogger: Alex the old wrinkled retainer's blog
All this moaning about the pc, skimmers, pea shellers etc etc.

Listen to what Roy Keane has to say about the hand of frog. Basically it is "you missed your chances to score, your defending was poor, you are out so get on with it".

I have a lot of time for Roy Keane. He says it like it is. We need more of his ilk.
Pause Switch to Standard View Whingers sit up and listen to Mr R Keane
Show More
Report I.quit.my.job November 21, 2009 5:44 AM GMT
yes I seen it - quality interview.....he like's those Irish FA guys
Report Muqbil November 21, 2009 5:46 AM GMT
Alex the old wrinkled retainer 21 Nov 05:40

I have a lot of time for Roy Keane. He says it like it is. We need more of his ilk.

I would hope this is a fishing thread?

He is a sick, very ill man. He should be in clink, there is certinaly no place in society for sickos like Keane.
Report I.quit.my.job November 21, 2009 5:47 AM GMT
it's not Roy who is crazy it's everyone else.........
Report wallboy November 21, 2009 5:50 AM GMT
he says what he wants and f*** everyone else,and what they think.top bloke,doesnt go in for alot of the bell.
Report Muqbil November 21, 2009 6:01 AM GMT
It's quite sad how people can think a thug who took great pleasure is smashing a guys leg to smithereens, who threatened his own playing staff with violence at Sunderland and a long long list of nastiness can be considered anything other than a total s cumbag.
Report DAN1974 November 21, 2009 6:07 AM GMT
Mr R Keane sound like a man with a grudge to me, does he have a history with the IFA ?
Report wallboy November 21, 2009 6:09 AM GMT
yep,pulled out of the world cup
Report wallboy November 21, 2009 6:11 AM GMT
i like him speaks his mind,doesnt *****about trying to please people.
Report Alex the old wrinkled retainer November 21, 2009 6:15 AM GMT
Muqbil 21 Nov 07:01
It's quite sad how people can think a thug who took great pleasure is smashing a guys leg to smithereens, who threatened his own playing staff with violence at Sunderland and a long long list of nastiness can be considered anything other than a total s cumbag.

He speaks his mind, he does it on camera and face to face. It is not like he is hiding behind a keyboard. I respect him even though I thought he was a bit of a thug when he played. But so was Joe Jordan and most of the Leeds team on the 70s.

In any case I will get to meet him face to face soon and then I might be better placed to comment.
Report RacingCert November 21, 2009 7:54 AM GMT
How can "He speaks his mind" be necessarily a good thing ?

The man is poison. Quite possibly the vilest man to play professional football in this country.
If he hadn't been a good footballer is there really any doubt as to where he would have ended up ?
Report Alex the old wrinkled retainer November 21, 2009 8:18 AM GMT
RacingCert 21 Nov 08:54
How can "He speaks his mind" be necessarily a good thing ?

I have much more time for people that call a spade a spade than people who duck and dive. You tend to know where you are with the former but not the latter but that is my style and my preference.
Report wallboy November 21, 2009 8:20 AM GMT
if you dont want to know his opinion dont ask,but peolple shouldnt get upset when he gives his point of view.
Report Alex the old wrinkled retainer November 21, 2009 8:32 AM GMT
Roy Keane, Gordon Strachan. Malcolm Allison, Brian Clough, John Prescott and that Paisley bloke from NI.

All people that I have respect for even though I may not have agree with their views. They just say what they think.
Report RacingCert November 21, 2009 8:42 AM GMT
Alex,

By that token you would have plenty of time for the likes of Hitler and Uncle Joe Stalin.

Yes, it's good to know what people actually think but sometimes it's preferable not to.
Report page-413 November 21, 2009 9:13 AM GMT
rubbish Racing ^^^^
Report RacingCert November 21, 2009 9:26 AM GMT
Maybe but a more eloquent argument than yours.
Report crescit November 21, 2009 9:29 AM GMT
very ironic
Report kenilworth November 21, 2009 9:49 AM GMT
Whether or not you share Roy Keane's views, you have to agree that with his historic involvement with the Irish FA he couldn't possibly be objective in his opinions.
Report Alex the old wrinkled retainer November 21, 2009 10:01 AM GMT
kenilworth 21 Nov 10:49
Whether or not you share Roy Keane's views, you have to agree that with his historic involvement with the Irish FA he couldn't possibly be objective in his opinions.

I don't. Why is it not possible to be outspoken, honest and objective?
Report Alex the old wrinkled retainer November 21, 2009 10:03 AM GMT
Delaney could have picked up the phone and he didn't.

Be outspoken by all means but at least communicate.
Report crescit November 21, 2009 10:08 AM GMT
a five minute rant about his treatment in 2002 and he finishes up with a GET OVER IT message for Ireland
Report kenilworth November 21, 2009 10:08 AM GMT
In his case he can't be objective, so therefore his honesty is questionable.
Report YOULITTLEBOTTY November 21, 2009 10:27 AM GMT
Alex is just practicing what he preaches.
He is just saying what he thinks.
He's not saying that what he thinks is right or wrong.
Roy Keane is a thug, not a thinker, but who cares really.
Report thetitan November 21, 2009 10:39 AM GMT
yeah and as captain of his own country, this is the esteemed man who abandoned his country during a world cup because of a little tiff with the manager :0

what an absolute **
Report Alex the old wrinkled retainer November 21, 2009 11:04 AM GMT
I don't think he is titan.

He says what he thinks and in my book that is a good thing. I would much rather have Roy Keane as PM than David Cameron.

Compare and contrast.
Report thetitan November 21, 2009 11:29 AM GMT
so you'd prefer roy keane to lead our country, somebody who has alraedy abandoned his own, as leader, when they neeeded him most :^0 :0

your logic defies me.
Report kenilworth November 21, 2009 12:01 PM GMT
Compare and contrast Alex, you are not comparing like with like. Keane can say what he likes because there is no comeback, whereas a politician can not. For Keane to be able to have a free pot shot at the Irish FA was heaven sent, and he does that all the time. Seems to have a large chip on his shoulder.
Report CLYDEBANK29 November 21, 2009 12:46 PM GMT
great player, no class.
Report 1.01 Layer November 21, 2009 1:20 PM GMT
Winner on the pitch, loser off it.

There's nothing clever about speaking your mind... total morons do it on here all day long.

When you get self centred egotists like that in politics, they are often dictators who lead their country to hell.
Report YOULITTLEBOTTY November 21, 2009 1:52 PM GMT
Having some fun Alex heh ?
Don't go too far though and get silly.
Report Alex the old wrinkled retainer November 21, 2009 4:24 PM GMT
thetitan 21 Nov 12:29
so you'd prefer roy keane to lead our country, somebody who has alraedy abandoned his own, as leader, when they neeeded him most

your logic defies me.

I probably would like Keane to be PM ahead of Cameron, yes. Keane thinks and says it. Cameron is a PR man and you never can tell what he is really thinking.
Report kenilworth November 21, 2009 4:42 PM GMT
Alex, you are now on the wrong forum talking politics.
Report Alex the old wrinkled retainer November 21, 2009 5:32 PM GMT
I don't think so. It is always good to go back to the original point, Ken. :

All this moaning about the pc, skimmers, pea shellers etc etc.
Report kenilworth November 21, 2009 5:55 PM GMT
I'm not sre how David Cameron fits in, unless you include the likes of Gordon Brown, and Tony Blair.
Report YOULITTLEBOTTY November 21, 2009 6:14 PM GMT
I agree that Cameron is like a dog without a tail, but to say that it would be better to be governed by a straight talking thug is a bit of a step too far for me Alex old boy.
Report kenilworth November 21, 2009 6:31 PM GMT
Keane is the type to make a politician.
Report Alex the old wrinkled retainer November 21, 2009 6:35 PM GMT
kenilworth 21 Nov 18:55
I'm not sre how David Cameron fits in, unless you include the likes of Gordon Brown, and Tony Blair.

Please don't shoot me. My list was not intended to be wholly inclusive.

Go back to the original point Ken.
Report Alex the old wrinkled retainer November 21, 2009 6:37 PM GMT
Here it is:

Report claretbob November 21, 2009 6:48 PM GMT
great point flicked through to sky sports news yesterday what a refreshing change to hear open and honest views really interesting
Report YOULITTLEBOTTY November 21, 2009 7:46 PM GMT
I would have a lot of time for Roy Keane if I met him personally, otherwise he would probably smash my face in.
Otherwise, I would prefer not to have a lot of time for him and his " ilk " as Alex old boy so quaintly puts it.
Just straight talkin here folks, just as good old Alex likes it.
Report YOULITTLEBOTTY November 21, 2009 7:51 PM GMT
Any way back to the original point.
Do you think Roy Keane was motivated by saying things as they are, or by stirring up the pot against a group of people he dislikes ?.
If the latter, then indeed he would perhaps make an excellent pollie.
Report Alex the old wrinkled retainer November 21, 2009 7:56 PM GMT
I think that he was asked a question and he answered it. He did take the opportunity to even some old scores as well.

Maybe Delaney is the person you ought to be looking at. It is just a thought.
Post Your Reply
<CTRL+Enter> to submit
Please login to post a reply.

Wonder

Instance ID: 13539
www.betfair.com