Forums
Welcome to Live View – Take the tour to learn more
Start Tour
There is currently 1 person viewing this thread.
sparrow
09 May 24 10:22
| Topic/replies: 55,467 | Blogger: sparrow's blog
https://www.theguardian.com/football/article/2024/may/08/sky-to-screen-3pm-saturday-kick-offs-among-1000-efl-live-games-in-2024-25

Sky Sports plans to broadcast football during the 3pm Saturday slot as it gets set to increase its live sports coverage by 50% from next season.

As Sky insisted it “takes ­seriously” the responsibility of minimising disruption for match-going fans, it announced that every game in the opening weekend of the ­English ­Football League season would be broadcast live, including those scheduled to start at traditional kick-off times.

Liam Rosenior’s Hull finished seventh, just short of the playoff places.
Hull City sack Liam Rosenior after Championship playoffs near-miss
Read more
As part of a new £935m deal with the EFL, Sky is to show 1,000 lower-league fixtures in the 2024-25 ­season, with a commitment to featuring each of the 72 clubs live on 20 occasions. Coverage of the season will begin and end with a full round of fixtures, with the traditional Saturday blackout set to be avoided because Premier League sides will not be playing at the same time.

Viewers will be able to choose from all fixtures by using an expanded streaming service, known as Sky Sports+, which will have the ­capability to show up to 100 live events at once. For match-going fans, Sky pledged to pull forward the dates by which it makes its game selections, promising that every live fixture ­preceding the FA Cup third round would be selected before the season begins, and games up to March decided by November.

The managing director of Sky Sports, Jonathan Licht, said the EFL coverage on the weekend of 10-11 August would be “a huge moment for football fans across the country”, promising a step change in ­coverage for lower-league clubs and no increase in cost for Sky subscribers.
Pause Switch to Standard View Sky to screen 3pm Saturday kick-offs...
Show More
Report brentford May 9, 2024 11:23 AM BST
and no increase in cost for Sky subscribers

considering they've literally just put up prices I'd suggest that's not entirely true..it just doesn't coincide with the launch.
Report ----you-have-to-laugh--- May 9, 2024 11:41 AM BST
Yeah sky paying to show all these extra games out
of the goodness of their hearts.
Report The Dragon May 9, 2024 1:09 PM BST
just got rid of sky sports
Report Wesdag May 9, 2024 1:53 PM BST
Been watching 3pm kick off for years. Laugh
Report scandanavian_haven May 9, 2024 2:32 PM BST
me too, what's this story all about ? Laugh
Report dambuster May 9, 2024 2:44 PM BST
And me Laugh
Report DIE LINKE May 9, 2024 4:40 PM BST
What's the delay on Sky Sports+? They managed to get below 2 mins yet?
Report sparrow May 9, 2024 5:31 PM BST
Personally I don't watch Sky Sports but some might want to see the lower league football.
Post Your Reply
<CTRL+Enter> to submit
Please login to post a reply.

Wonder

Instance ID: 13539
www.betfair.com