Forums
Welcome to Live View – Take the tour to learn more
Start Tour
There is currently 1 person viewing this thread.
FOYLESWAR
08 Mar 24 17:02
| Topic/replies: 28,709 | Blogger: FOYLESWAR's blog
......with a decent prize ........now before ya says rong forum muppitt i know a few of yas like the horses and with the chelt festival coming up i know some may be interested .anyway i have started a FREE  to enter comp on the horse racing and ante post forums with a nice prize not cash but a prize well worth winning anyway . several months ago i bought a batch of old racing prints depicting horse racing in and around the 1910-1930s national hunt   racing scenes by the artist "snaffles" real name charles johnson payne 1884-1967 type in his name to see examples of his work ,anyway as said i paid peanuts for them but sold one to a racing friend for way more than what i paid for the lot at the carboot so they owe me nothing ,anyway they have been stuck in a cupboard for months and will prob stay there till i can be arshed to get myself down to an auction house ,the missus wont have em up on the wall and i have around 16 of them and more than enough for me . anyway i have started a comp on the horse racing forum which is FREE  to enter and no hidden agendas here i will donate  one of the prints as a prize for the winner of the comp ,by the way i have been told that these are original prints and not cheap repros on quality thick carded paper signed and have the embossed blindstamp on them i have framed and glazed ones and some unframed one of which will be the prize to the winner .snaffles was a very popular artist and his work is sought after and worth a few bob . as said it s a free comp no hidden  agendas and i will pay the postage to the uk if any overseas entries they ccan pay the postage if winning im not made of money!
the winner of the comp will be the poster who picks the biggest priced sp winner at the festival soin theory you could win by picking a 10/1 or single figga pop depending how others picks get on . you have up untill the last race of the festival to put up your selection but obviously putting up earlier gives you more chance . 1 selection per poster and you can substitute a non runner ,if interested go to the horse racing forum and go on my cheltenham festival comp thread as i want to try to keep them on one thread to make it easier to keep up with. well worth a pop and one of these prints went for £470 at bonhams in 2004 good luck if entering .
Pause Switch to Standard View free to enter cheltenham festival comp
Show More
Report The Dragon March 8, 2024 5:25 PM GMT
nice one foylesCool ill give it a go
Report vidou March 8, 2024 5:28 PM GMT
Yea very generous foyles well done - I'm in
Report FOYLESWAR March 8, 2024 6:03 PM GMT
thanks guys no rush but please put up selection on the horse racing forum thanks and good luck.
Report The Dragon March 8, 2024 6:11 PM GMT
will doCool
Report FOYLESWAR March 8, 2024 6:14 PM GMT
yous may want to wait till the decs are sorted out no problem no need to rush a selection guys ! and good luck.
Report FOYLESWAR March 10, 2024 11:47 AM GMT
dont know what the interest will be on here but on thinking THE CUT OFF ENTRY  TIME WILL HAVE TO BE BE BEFORE 1.30 TUESDAY THE TIME OF THE SUPREME JUST TO MAKE IT FAIR FOR EVERYONE GOOD LUCK IF YOU PLAY GUYS !
Post Your Reply
<CTRL+Enter> to submit
Please login to post a reply.

Wonder

Instance ID: 13539
www.betfair.com