Forums
Welcome to Live View – Take the tour to learn more
Start Tour
There is currently 1 person viewing this thread.
stewarty b
27 Nov 23 11:14
| Topic/replies: 39,636 | Blogger: stewarty b's blog
What a sevant he has been to Rangers scoring so many goals and rarely has a bad game. It will be an injustice if Rangers don't give him a testimonial.
Pause Switch to Standard View James Tavernier
Show More
Report stewarty b November 27, 2023 2:14 PM GMT
*servant.
Report ----you-have-to-laugh--- November 27, 2023 2:47 PM GMT
We had him at Newcastle he went out on loan
and never got chance at Newcastle,.. Typical of newcastle
youth policy.

He was really super quick back then

He struggled at Wigan, but really blossomed
at Rangers as many of us hoped he would.

His brother is doing well too these days.

Outstanding goals record at Rangers.
Report brentford November 27, 2023 4:19 PM GMT
Yep, seen a lot of him and amazed me a middle of the table Prem team if not higher didn't come back in for him a few years ago  (I guess he may have only taken up a big club ?) ..really good all round full back and good prescence on the pitch as well..top pro...
Report stewarty b November 27, 2023 4:26 PM GMT
Up until a month ago he was seventh on the all time record for a full back scoring the most goals in pro football. That MAY be sixth now.
Report stewarty b November 27, 2023 4:31 PM GMT
A lot of his goals have been penalties but that aside I'm convinced he could play in the Premiership. If he doesn't get a testimonional it will be a sin.

I very seldom appear at  Ibrox now but if he does get one, I'll be there. Christ, he's the best all round player we have had in ten years.
Report brentford November 27, 2023 4:40 PM GMT
surely he would get a testimonial ?

hell of a bargain as well @ the quoted prices for his transfer to Rangers  ...£200,000 ( E 250,000)
Report the wire November 27, 2023 5:09 PM GMT
He had a good loan spell at Rotherham in 2014 including scoring from the spot in penalty shootout v Leyton Orient at Wembley.
Report stewarty b December 12, 2023 7:52 AM GMT
If he's at Rangers another 3-4 years he could easily become the all time biggest scorer re: defenders.
Report stewarty b December 12, 2023 7:55 AM GMT
Tavernier is the 7th highest scoring defender in professional football history.

As I stated earlier that may be sixth now. Not bad for a full back.
Report Aberdeen Angus December 12, 2023 2:37 PM GMT
Not sure many outside Scotland probably care how many goals he scores in our terrible standard league. Half the pens he scores would probably never even be looked at in the EPL never mind checked by VAR and given in the SPL lol. He has one league title in the covid year when Rangers were one of the few clubs in the world to hardly be affected by it, probably as they were somehow allowed to do their own testing apparently. Most of the Rangers fans slag him all the time as he is continually caught out of position and costs them goals. Would probably be a better midfielder.
Report LoyalHoncho December 12, 2023 5:26 PM GMT
Fair's fair and I fully agree with you stewarty.  What this man has done for Rangers makes him one of their all time greats for me, and I don;t believe that is at all fanciful.  History will treat him very well in my opinion.
Report cool_hand_luke December 15, 2023 11:17 PM GMT
given his own fans wanted him out of the team and know he is a weak link, how can he be a legend? He is just the penalty taker when the club he plays for receives a world-record number of penalties. Bang average at best.
Report stewarty b December 18, 2023 11:38 AM GMT
The great man puts another trophy into the amazing room at Ibrox.
Report MALAY December 18, 2023 12:08 PM GMT
definitely SEVCO legend he could be going for 10 trophies this year if Celtic don't get act together lively.

He scores a lot of penalties but they have to be converted to be fair.

Testimonial that's up to club, if Celtic get act together I can see him getting chased out of Ibrox with his league cup medal.
Report stewarty b December 18, 2023 2:28 PM GMT
if Celtic get act together I can see him getting chased out of Ibrox with his league cup medal.

You cannot be serious MALAY. (As one Hamilton bloke to another) That aside, have a nice festive season.
Report MALAY December 18, 2023 7:27 PM GMT
have a great Christmas too stewarty, i have it all planned soup from butchers, big massive fcuck off turkey, brussels, roast potatoes, prawn cocktail for afters.

Going back to the fitba thing, I respect Tavernier and what he's achieved in game, no doubts, however if Celtic turn the screw either by current squad or newcomers in January, the league cup win won't count for much, because supporters are very fickle.
Report stewarty b December 21, 2023 12:43 PM GMT
Heads or tails the title now. Rangers unbeaten since the new manager came in. Rangers look pretty at evens but only because Celtic appear to be in meltdown albeit it's a fickle league. I thought in a previous thread Celtic were value at 1.6. Not now...
Report LoyalHoncho December 21, 2023 12:47 PM GMT
Don't beat yourself up stewarty.  At the weekend another forumite reckoned Liverpool were the value biz at 1.40 to stuff Man Utd.
Report MALAY December 21, 2023 12:51 PM GMT
to be fair I agree, although Celtic have plenty money to spend in January if they wish to do that,
however it can easily be wasted. Man U have spent bombs on players, never done it.
Having money in a football club should make you grand, but it doesn't work out all the time
Report LoyalHoncho December 21, 2023 1:18 PM GMT
Do you think the problem is that the people in clubs with their hands on the cheque books don;t know enough about the actual game?  I mean if you're a manager/head coach/whipping boy and don;t have the control over who is bought and not. What chance have you got when a dopey D of F. believes all the media hype and lands you with a clown like Maguire at a record fee.?  Or the non-trier Martial and so many more examples that we witness.
Report stewarty b December 21, 2023 1:33 PM GMT
I saw Aberdeen at their peak in the eighties. And here's the secret Sir Alex had. He bought when needing replaced. Or to put it another way, he made a team, not prima donnas. The result? He was successful everywhere he went. IE: He would never took back an out of date Ronaldo at 500k per week.

He was too astute for that gimmick.
Report MALAY December 21, 2023 1:53 PM GMT
the game has gone stewarty, you know it and i know it, sad but true, full of charlatans on and off pitch
Report stewarty b December 21, 2023 6:17 PM GMT
Indeed MALAY but albeit a penalty he just can't stop scoring.
Report LoyalHoncho December 21, 2023 10:44 PM GMT
Didn't he buy in/take in an out of date Dundee United left winger, can't remember his name.  Payne was it?  Huge error it proved. I don;t know if Fergie ever gave a fukk whether he was ever good, in terms of how he treated other folk. The way he treated some people in particular was nothing short of disgusting. I do know though that he made few major mistakes in his career and, to his great credit, he never made them twice.
Imagine anyone ever playing Roy Aitken in midfield in preference to Graeme Souness?  You have to laugh at that one.
Report stewarty b December 22, 2023 2:48 PM GMT
Anyone know the top ten highest scoring defenders in the UK/World. Even a guess would suffice.
Report stewarty b December 28, 2023 7:36 PM GMT
ttt. I'm guessing the world but will do more research.
Report brentford December 28, 2023 10:54 PM GMT
Roberto Carlos probably scored a few..
Report brentford December 28, 2023 11:13 PM GMT
https://www.sportskeeda.com/football/ranking-5-full-backs-goal-contributions...
Report stewarty b April 7, 2024 10:11 AM BST
I can safely say now that he is the highest scoring full back in British football now. Hope he bangs one in today.
Report MJK April 7, 2024 11:39 AM BST
What time will he get his peno today?
Report lead on April 7, 2024 12:03 PM BST
pity he can't defend though...
Report 1st time poster April 7, 2024 12:07 PM BST
in epl.championship and now this game,this must be the 20th gal or so ive seen scvored this weekend that a 35 yr old 16 stone sunday morning pub defender/goalie would be ashamed to give away,it embarrassing making a mockery of the game,stand around the box long enough and a defender/keeper will set you up for a tap in
Report stewarty b April 7, 2024 12:10 PM BST
Harsh and false.
Report lead on April 7, 2024 12:10 PM BST
Ross county's keeper an example yesterday....
Report 1st time poster April 7, 2024 12:15 PM BST
burnley and was it lec keeper,
Report 1st time poster April 7, 2024 12:19 PM BST
£20 million + strikersd been coached to charge down keeper,s kicks in 2024,like 6 yr old school kids in the playground
Report 1st time poster April 7, 2024 12:20 PM BST
and fans handing over £50 + for tkts to watch,ight as well go to the park to watch the same thing
Report lead on April 7, 2024 12:36 PM BST
you were saying about a penalty,MJK?Grin
Report MJK April 7, 2024 2:01 PM BST

Apr 7, 2024 -- 12:36PM, lead on wrote:

you were saying about a penalty,MJK?

It's there for the whole World to see. The lodge bigots in the SFA have no shame. Disgusting.

Report themightymac April 7, 2024 2:04 PM BST
Celebrating a draw ffs.
Report brentford April 7, 2024 2:06 PM BST
massive result in the circs mac'  game in hand - one point behind
Report stewarty b April 7, 2024 2:12 PM BST
Game in hand. Might be another helicopter tour..
Report themightymac April 7, 2024 2:42 PM BST
I know Brentford it`s theirs to lose.
Report themightymac April 7, 2024 2:43 PM BST
Remembers me of that Barratt advert stewarty Laugh
Report MALAY April 8, 2024 9:51 AM BST
thought it was a game sevco needed to win beforehand and celtic needed not to lose, but they way the match developed it was like Celtic drawing with a high level champions league club, the gap in class, looked that big so you can appreciate Sevco celebrating like they had won the champions league
Report MJK April 14, 2024 2:19 PM BST
Today's 'what time will the Rangers penalty be' winner is 85th minute.
Report MALAY April 14, 2024 4:47 PM BST
Bad week for Sevco they were expecting 9 points, and got one which they done a lap of honour for.
Never seen match today but heard it was very unsporting from their manager storming up tunnel and not shaking hands with opposition boss who beat them fair and square.
Report lead on April 15, 2024 5:00 AM BST
To be fair though,MALAY,he came back out as Don Cowie's interview with Sportsound finished and gave a handshake/hug...seemed genuine enough to me...cracking game though..
Report MALAY April 15, 2024 4:42 PM BST
Sure he should have shaked hands directly after match, which he would have done if had won, very poor sportsmanship, Classless.
Report LoyalHoncho April 15, 2024 10:53 PM BST
To be fair he came back out?
You mean Rangers begged the BBC to allow him to come back out and redress his embarassing ignorance and avoid all the flak which would have followed in the post-match media and press.
He slagged off a fellow SPL club last week and refused to shake hands with a fellow manager this week.
Reputation now tarnished. Pressure clearly an issue with him.
Report stewarty b April 19, 2024 9:57 AM BST
1/4 looks a tidy price now for Celtic to win the league if you consider today's interest rates. Next old firm game at Parkhead and even if Celtic can get the draw they are by far the better team.

Obviously I hope I'm wrong but reality has to kick in eventually.
Report MALAY April 19, 2024 11:18 AM BST
i wouldn't take 4s on stewarty, celtic still have difficult games, kilmarnock away, hearts have already beaten them at CP, and you're own side could win there too, long way to go
Report MJK April 19, 2024 11:54 AM BST
A lot still depends on how much Robertson and Beaton are involved in the games. Robertson couldn't give Rangers a peno so denied Dundee a stonewall one instead.
Report MALAY April 19, 2024 12:14 PM BST
agreed
Report stewarty b April 19, 2024 12:49 PM BST
I still think Celtic are a good bet at 1/4. As Malay stated, Celtic have some difficult games but so do Rangers. What Celtic have in their favour is experience and  by that I mean managerial wise. Rodgers has the experience whilst our manager doesn't....hence the 3-2 defeat at Dingwall.

Plus I'm not keen on some of Rangers signings. As I've said, I hope I'm wrong but I doubt it (Imvho)
Report MALAY April 19, 2024 12:59 PM BST
nobody is entitled to win any game stewarty and they shouldn't be, perhaps the lad fabio silva will show scotland how somebody paid 30 million for him in the coming weeks, you never know
Report stewarty b April 19, 2024 1:11 PM BST
I was just working out the odds MALAY and if anyone is keen you can get approX 10/11 if one fancies the double with Man City. A tidy price if one fancies both. Getting on might be a different story mind you.
Report stewarty b April 19, 2024 1:16 PM BST
** Probably 8/11 with the books. (Maximum 1000 if you're lucky.)
Report stewarty b April 19, 2024 1:16 PM BST
Report MALAY April 19, 2024 1:37 PM BST
Wouldn't be my kind of bet stewarty, i have a greyhound running in next few weeks which i think will win at better odds, i'm not a big punter in football, last big bet i had was crusaders to beat motherwell colts, and i thought i was smart but maybe lucky.
Report stewarty b April 19, 2024 2:25 PM BST
You're a greyhound owner MALAY? May I ask which track it runs at? No offence if you'd rather not but good luck with it for the future.
Report MALAY April 19, 2024 4:20 PM BST
thanks stewarty for good wishes, appreciate it, honestly i've not decided were the greyhound runs, there is a lot of options, but the one i wanted is not available, may need to look at plan b
Post Your Reply
<CTRL+Enter> to submit
Please login to post a reply.

Wonder

Instance ID: 13539
www.betfair.com