Forums
Welcome to Live View – Take the tour to learn more
Start Tour
There is currently 1 person viewing this thread.
The Dragon
27 Sep 23 13:54
| Topic/replies: 47,910 | Blogger: The Dragon's blog
Stuck at home with Covid so could do with something new to watch.

Any ideas?
Pause Switch to Standard View Seen any good films/series lately
Show More
Report werbie April 24, 2024 7:18 PM BST
6/10
Report casemoney April 24, 2024 7:21 PM BST
Terror in the Mall  , seen it years back , Very good Doc , tragic what these evil foookers get up to
Report Emitdeb April 24, 2024 8:45 PM BST
difficult watch on numerous occasions  Think I'm on 4 or 5.. and yes it does get somewhat awkward.. BlushGrin
Report driver2 April 25, 2024 1:53 PM BST
Arthur the King, a really good movie to watch with the family. Based on a true story.
Report Emitdeb April 25, 2024 2:11 PM BST
Don't wanna be watching Baby Reindeer with the family... Blush Good to have my sexuality rubber stamped with the sick bucket needed.. CoolMischief

Little Too much gay raping for my liking tbh...
Report sofaking April 25, 2024 4:04 PM BST

Apr 25, 2024 -- 2:11PM, Emitdeb wrote:

Don't wanna be watching Baby Reindeer with the family...  Good to have my sexuality rubber stamped with the sick bucket needed..  Little Too much gay raping for my liking tbh...

Ok, I was curious but this post has turned me right off it. Think I'll give this Baby Reindeer a miss. Shocked

Report FatPunt April 25, 2024 4:09 PM BST
I started watching Baby Reindeer and it was good at the beginning but it got really weird and I ended up turning it off before the end.
Report Emitdeb April 25, 2024 7:21 PM BST
Baby Reindeer.. Plus points, It's a true story and though I'd consider it a little over indulgent of the story teller, It is interesting. imo.
Report driver2 April 28, 2024 6:07 AM BST
I watched the !st episode of Shogun yesterday, it looks like being an excellent series
Report SirNorbertClarke April 28, 2024 8:52 AM BST
I lasted 15 minutes of Shogun.

Each to their own.
Report s.kenbo April 28, 2024 10:58 AM BST
It’s not a series that would interest me in the slightest. I see it’s got 8.9/10 rating. People are obviously enjoying it.
Report themightymac April 28, 2024 5:05 PM BST
If it`s Shogun with Richard Chamberlain it`s a brilliant tv series from the past.
Report madhatter April 28, 2024 7:57 PM BST
Only just finished 'The Night Of'...it's been difficult to find time where the missus and me can sit down together to watch it (especially as we've been trying to keep on top of Spooks which has just finished a full late night rerun on Drama).
We both thought it was, as everyone here seem to agree, an excellent series. One of the best I've watched. Would recommend to anyone.
Report acey deucy April 29, 2024 9:19 AM BST
'The Night Of'...Is that the full title and where can i see it?
Report s.kenbo April 29, 2024 9:25 AM BST
I’m with Virgin now, Acey, but it was available on Sky for years. I guess it still is.
Report Aspro April 29, 2024 9:36 AM BST
Still on Sky/Now
Report driver2 April 29, 2024 9:43 AM BST
If it`s Shogun with Richard Chamberlain it`s a brilliant tv series from the past.

2024 version mac. Ive watched 4 episodes and after a slow Ep 1 it's picked up and I'm really enjoying it.
Report duffy April 29, 2024 2:04 PM BST
Watched the first 2 series of Blue Lights on BBC, pretty good.
Report acey deucy April 29, 2024 8:55 PM BST
Half way through The Night Of and loving it thanks guys.Happy
Report The Dragon April 29, 2024 9:00 PM BST
yes its really good aceyCool
Report acey deucy April 30, 2024 9:42 AM BST
Just finished it and i have to say i was a bit let down by the ending.
Report acey deucy April 30, 2024 10:00 AM BST
6-10 Max.Plain
Report unitedbiscuits April 30, 2024 12:50 PM BST
Saw NAKED for the first time. Not convincing imo, faintly ridiculous really.
Report werbie April 30, 2024 4:28 PM BST
Half way through The Night Of and loving it thanks guys

acey deucy Joined: 29 Sep 02
Replies: 2951430 Apr 24 10:00 
6-10 Max.Plain

Loving it 6/10 ??Confused
Report s.kenbo April 30, 2024 7:15 PM BST
Loving it must be a 9/10. That means the ending was a 3/10!

I remember watching it when it was first released. Pretty sure I thought it was OK without being great.
Report werbie April 30, 2024 9:39 PM BST
Yeah,I was a bit disappointed with the ending but the journey more than made up for it for me
Report acey deucy April 30, 2024 9:51 PM BST
Yes started off 9-10 but fell away rapidly im afraid the acting was first class though.
Report driver2 May 1, 2024 1:56 PM BST
I just finished watching Shogun and I urge anyone who didn't give the series a chance (Nobby I'm talking to you) to have another go. Shogun picks up after episode 1 and really is a great series with a great ending. Best thing I've watched for a long time.
Report SirNorbertClarke May 1, 2024 5:31 PM BST
IRL extraordinary adventures often have unexpectedly quiet endings.

TV & film viewers may be hooked to 'teaser' endings designed to whet the appetite for the next season.
Report SirNorbertClarke May 1, 2024 5:32 PM BST
Okay I will download Shogun again
Report SirNorbertClarke May 1, 2024 5:33 PM BST
Sharedlake,  out today on Disney gets great reviews
Report SirNorbertClarke May 1, 2024 5:41 PM BST
Shardlake

Only 1 e
Report duffy May 1, 2024 8:02 PM BST
Anyone who missed Taboo with Tom Hardy should give it a go, very dark...us fans have been waiting for an absolute age for the next series that they keep promising.

You can get it on BBC IPlayer.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r9QvSry2-CM
Report twizzle22 May 1, 2024 9:17 PM BST
The Mercy on the BBC i player...true story..excellent film staring Colin Firth 10/10
Report SirNorbertClarke May 2, 2024 7:51 AM BST
Shardlake was okay. Not quite in the same league as Wolf Hall
Report driver2 May 2, 2024 2:06 PM BST
twizzle 22, a documentary of Donald Crowhurst's round the world attempt was made in 2006 and it was one of the best documentary's I've seen. It's called Deep Water and is well worth a watch
Report Aspro May 2, 2024 2:14 PM BST
driver2 is spot on! Watched 'The Mercy' and enjoyed it, but immediately after I watched 'Deep Water' and that was even better, with even more detail.
Report s.kenbo May 2, 2024 3:12 PM BST
I remember watching the documentary and enjoying it. I think Touching The Void was one of the best documentaries I’d watched at the the time of its release. A story about two climbers coming to trouble coming down Everest (I think).
Report madhatter May 2, 2024 10:16 PM BST
Just watched TRUELOVE...Total b0ll0cks.
Six wasted hours of my life i'll never get back Plain Sad
Report Des Pond May 2, 2024 10:25 PM BST
I heard that the Shardlake author CJ Sansom, died on the day that the TV adaptation was released. only 71. Sad
Report brentford May 2, 2024 10:38 PM BST
2nd series of The Responder (Martin Freeman) on bbc being advertised...first was very watchable stuff 7/10..

Blue Lights mentioned previously in regard to 1st series  - 2nd series was decent as well at least 7/10 again.

watched the Aspro referenced 'Secret Army' doc about a film made by US docu maker in 70's regarding IRA...interesting but shame it couldn't have followed seeing the uncut film to give better context...only for those with existing interest in Northern Ireland I suspect but if you have well worth a watch.
Report madhatter May 7, 2024 8:46 AM BST
Finally got around to watching 2nd season of Australian Traitors.
Very entertaining, probably even better than first series; both were better than the UK ones (which were also good).
But, despite host Roger Corser saying to the TV audience 'see you next time', the show has apparently been cancelled.
Report acey deucy May 7, 2024 9:10 AM BST
Halfway through The Tattooist Of Auschwitz.....Highly recommended.
Report s.kenbo May 7, 2024 9:20 AM BST
My missus has just watched that and loved it, Acey.
Report Aspro May 7, 2024 12:05 PM BST
Not a cricket fan, although I do confess to having watched (and enjoyed) a few tests over the years. Nevertheless I was drawn to the 'The Longest Feud: Chappell v Botham' last night on Prime. I'm on Botham's side here; it sounds to me like Chappell is a bit of a pr!ck and is the main reason it was never resolved between them.
Report madhatter May 7, 2024 2:08 PM BST
A great cricket related comedy from the past for you all:
Outside Edge, with Timothy Spall, Brenda Blethyn, Roger Daws the gorgeous Josie Lawrence.
Report driver2 May 7, 2024 2:16 PM BST
The Constant Gardener, very good British Independent film set in Africa.
Report SlippyBlue May 7, 2024 6:21 PM BST
Outside Edge was superb. Having played a lot of cricket in my 20's and 30's every single character was represented in real life. It was as sharp as a pin comedy wise.

"Love you Mim, okay, fair enough."

"Love you too darling"
Report driver2 May 10, 2024 12:42 PM BST
Hachi, A Dogs Tale, based on a true story of loyalty and devotion of a beautiful dog, will have most of you in tears before the end. Great family watch.
Report Aspro May 10, 2024 1:02 PM BST
Watch Kalifornia (Prime) and quite surprised I hadn't seen it before. The leads were great, but pretty predictable otherwise.

Hachi was ok; quite sad I agree.
Report brians May 10, 2024 1:25 PM BST
The Mercy is superb.
Report sofaking May 10, 2024 3:31 PM BST

May 10, 2024 -- 1:02PM, Aspro wrote:

Watch Kalifornia (Prime) and quite surprised I hadn't seen it before. The leads were great, but pretty predictable otherwise.Hachi was ok; quite sad I agree.

Actually watched Kalifornia a few weeks back. Anyone use the Tubi, Pluto and Plex apps on Amazon Firestick?  Tons of free content on there.

Report The Dragon May 10, 2024 3:53 PM BST
hachati a dogs tale will break your heary. very very sad film
Report The Dragon May 10, 2024 3:54 PM BST
heartSad
Report sofaking May 10, 2024 4:00 PM BST
Hachi?
Report The Dragon May 10, 2024 4:29 PM BST
yes hachi- its the name of the husky dog
Report The Dragon May 10, 2024 4:31 PM BST
made in 2009 and stars Richard Gere.

I watched it with my youngest son at the time wewere both in bits watching -one of the saddest films i have seen
Report sofaking May 10, 2024 4:44 PM BST
Dogs are a great bunch of lads. Love
Report Emitdeb May 10, 2024 6:24 PM BST
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mK-isQXd_Qw&ab_channel=PiersMorganUncensored

Piers Morgan interviews the real Martha from Baby Reindeer.. I found it quite amusing.
Report Emitdeb May 11, 2024 6:43 AM BST
Anyone use the Tubi, Pluto and Plex apps on Amazon Firestick? Is there anyway around the adverts?
Report mesi May 11, 2024 10:20 AM BST
I find CINEMA good no adverts
Report DIE LINKE May 11, 2024 11:22 AM BST
Max 1: Anal Holocaust
Report SlippyBlue May 11, 2024 1:26 PM BST
I've been watching "Sugar" on Apple with Colin Farrell playing a film noir style private detective. I thought I'd struggle a bit but it was a slow burner and I've liked it a lot.

It's an 8 episode series and I'm recommending it as a worthwhile thing to watch.

I can't say anything else about it, you'll have to find out for yourselves.....
Report sofaking May 11, 2024 3:26 PM BST

May 11, 2024 -- 6:43AM, Emitdeb wrote:

Anyone use the Tubi, Pluto and Plex apps on Amazon Firestick? Is there anyway around the adverts?

I haven't found a way to avoid the ads yet. I just mute them when they come on.

Report comingupthehill May 12, 2024 9:33 PM BST
Netflix. New.
The final attack on Wembley,about the euro final and jibbing in Wembley.
Report werbie May 12, 2024 10:39 PM BST
Just watched The Last stop in Yuma County.
91 min film crime/Thriller. One review was go in blind you won't be disappointed.
I'll second that!
Report Emitdeb May 13, 2024 7:05 AM BST
Was looking for The Last stop in Yuma County, couldn't find it. Found myself watching Being 40... Funny movie.
Report Emitdeb May 13, 2024 7:07 AM BST
This is 40 (2012).. Blush
Report Emitdeb May 13, 2024 3:12 PM BST
The Last stop in Yuma County(2024)... Found it! Watched it!.... Plain

Was watchable... Happy
Report Emitdeb May 13, 2024 3:13 PM BST
Right up your alley Aspro! Happy
Report Aspro May 13, 2024 3:30 PM BST
If you're talking about Yuma I did look it up and I'll definitely be taking a butchers. Good reviews.
Report Aspro May 13, 2024 3:34 PM BST
Wanted something easy to watch last night so went on YT and got into Jasper Carrott's first TV series... "an audience with" - Forgot how funny he really is, especially the subtle innuendos.
Report werbie May 13, 2024 4:06 PM BST
Yuma, One of the best films I've seen so far this year. Debut Director Francis Galluppi also wrote it. Got a bit of a Blood Simple feel about it.8/10
Report The Dragon May 13, 2024 4:08 PM BST
i watched The Final -Attack on Wembley Wathced ths Netflic docementary last night and was horrified by what I saw. It made you ashamed to be English- a must watch fascinating but sickening.
Report SirNorbertClarke May 13, 2024 5:27 PM BST
The Final - Attack on Wembley

why do we keep sayig sh!t like, Wembley is the best stadium in the world?
Report Emitdeb May 13, 2024 5:38 PM BST
Back to.. The Last stop in Yuma County(2024).. Knowing most of the opinions on here, I'd say 50% will love it and the other 50% will slate it.. I'd understand both.. 6.

I'll give The Final - Attack on Wembley a go soon, tbh, I've been avoiding it because it does look depressing..
Report Aspro May 13, 2024 5:41 PM BST
why do we keep sayig sh!t like, Wembley is the best stadium in the world?

It was, until The Tottenham Hotspur Stadium took its crown Cool
Report werbie May 13, 2024 5:54 PM BST
Nearly finished 1st season of Blue Lights. Pretty entertaining, edgy, with some decent characters Happy
Report duffy May 13, 2024 5:59 PM BST
Yeah, Blue Lights is good, started watching The Responder as it's getting rave reviews and it too is very good, Martin Freeman plays someone who is perpetually at breaking point brilliantly.!!
Report SirNorbertClarke May 13, 2024 6:42 PM BST
The Final - Attack on Wembley

The FA, UEFA, the Local Council and the police all failed to plan for an England final.

After Hillsborough that is a disgrace and I bet no-one got sacked.

The England fans? Chav Nation.
Report s.kenbo May 13, 2024 8:11 PM BST
I looked for the Yuma film this morning. It wasn’t on my app. Will give it a go when it appears. I’m normally on the hate it side of ‘love/hate’ stuff. I’m intrigued enough to give it a go though.
Report SirNorbertClarke May 13, 2024 10:02 PM BST
The Last stop in Yuma County I thought it was a bit thin. Took an age to get going and was predictable
Report madhatter May 14, 2024 8:47 AM BST
Just watched the first three episodes of Red Sky...pretty good as that type of stuff goes.
Very similar to Spooks from 20 years ago, which also starred Richard Armitage.
Report SirNorbertClarke May 14, 2024 11:02 PM BST
Downloaded season 1 of The Larry Sanders Show. Top TV. Available on Apple & Amazon
Report SirNorbertClarke May 17, 2024 11:11 AM BST
99 Docuseries highlighting Manchester United's treble-winning season of '99, told through the legendary players and manager, Alex Ferguson.

Out now on Prime
Report driver2 May 17, 2024 11:55 AM BST
Someone recommended Leverage, a 2009 series that I missed and I'm really enjoying Season 1. If you haven't seen it, it's very entertaining
Report s.kenbo May 17, 2024 5:13 PM BST
Thanks for the shout outs for Kin. The second season was great with Francis Magee playing Bren Kinsella. He stole every scene he was in.
Report SirNorbertClarke May 18, 2024 1:57 PM BST
https://watchpedia.com/uk

search for a show to find out if it is being screened in the UK
Report The Dragon May 18, 2024 2:02 PM BST
think ill give the 99 docu a miss NobbyLaughLaughLaughLaughLaugh
Report s.kenbo May 18, 2024 2:54 PM BST
I watched The Last Stop In Yuma County last night. I think I’d give it a six. It is the kind of film I like but wasn’t the best. I did see it to the end which is an achievement in itself though.
Report SirNorbertClarke May 20, 2024 11:28 AM BST
For anyone who likes true crime it looks like 2 good programs on tonight at 9pm;

Imposter: The Man Who Came Back from the Dead
9pm, Channel 4
Strap in for an utterly absurd true-crime story. An eccentric man known locally in Glasgow as Arthur Knight woke up from a Covid coma in 2021 and found himself surrounded by police. US authorities claimed his real identity was Nicholas Rossi who, after several rape charges, faked his own death. This four-parter follows the countless shocking reveals as, over two years in court, he and his English wife, Miranda, continued to insist he was Knight. It also speaks with journalists, legal figures involved and the women Rossi allegedly assaulted. The case led to a judge ruling that he is, in fact, Rossi, and he is now facing charges in the US – but the journey needs to be seen to be believed.

Cold Case Investigators: Solving Britain’s Sex Crimes

9pm, BBC Two
A remarkable new series, which follows major crime unit detectives as they reopen cold cases using new DNA technology. We see some of their successes in catching and convicting perpetrators for crimes as far back as 1983, in what are both monumental and frustrating feats – as shown when one man, who was raped in a park when he was a teenager, doesn’t know how to react to the news.

https://www.theguardian.com/tv-and-radio/article/2024/may/20/tv-tonight-imposter-cold-cases-investigators-blue-lights
Report driver2 May 20, 2024 11:56 AM BST
Anyone not seen Sex Education? Must watch if you haven't
Report punchestown May 21, 2024 3:26 PM BST
The second season was great with Francis Magee playing Bren Kinsella.

----------------

Up there with the best characters in a TV series,menacing and a streak that that no man should have added into the mix.
Report s.kenbo May 21, 2024 3:32 PM BST
I agree 100%. A real nasty piece of work. An utterly believable performance.
Report s.kenbo May 22, 2024 9:01 AM BST
I’ve been looking forward to watching the Hollywood remake of The Fall Guy. I was surprised to see it was available on the app last night so stuck it on. Fifty minutes later I turned it off. It was nothing like the TV show I fondly remember as a kid. It’s a cheesy mess of a love story. Avoid.
Report The Dragon May 22, 2024 4:09 PM BST
just started to watch the Last Kingdom, son says its really good

into the second episode ...decent start
Report The Dragon May 22, 2024 4:15 PM BST
yes kin is top notch
Report werbie May 22, 2024 6:43 PM BST
May see the Dry 2 tonight, currently on sky movies.

Watched The Dry 1 2020 last night. Decent filmHappy
Report Aspro May 22, 2024 7:01 PM BST
Have now watched the previously recommended 'In Cold Blood' (ITV). Disgraceful what our own governments can do to us... and people wonder why conspiracy theorists exist! - An informative watch.

Also watched Cold Case Investigators: Solving Britain's Sex Crimes - Great stuff! Keep 'em coming.
Report vidou May 22, 2024 7:12 PM BST
Another recommendation here for Cold Case Investigators. 2 episodes both on the iplayer
Post Your Reply
<CTRL+Enter> to submit
Please login to post a reply.

Wonder

Instance ID: 13539
www.betfair.com