Forums
Welcome to Live View – Take the tour to learn more
Start Tour
There is currently 1 person viewing this thread.
brentford
01 Jun 23 19:54
| Topic/replies: 7,591 | Blogger: brentford's blog
sensible answers only (fat chance) Mischief

only 1 year left on contract and relations completely broken down at Chelsea by most accounts, seemingly no interest to change his mind from Poch'..

£50m ?   (60-65m if he was mid contract) - can't say I'd go any higher....decent PL attacking MF/10 who can play other roles though to a lesser standard either conventional mf or wide..

talk of Chelsea wanting 80m...
Pause Switch to Standard View How much would you pay for Mason Mount ?
Show More
Report lfc1971 June 1, 2023 8:18 PM BST
Wouldn’t pay anything for him , average player
Report ----you-have-to-laugh--- June 1, 2023 8:25 PM BST
Scores goals from midfield so depends
who wants to buy him I suppose.

40/50 million seems to be start point these days
for a player with his cv.

£80 million would be too much, imo, but if there's an
auction then why not.

If he's agreed terms with man utd then chelsea
will do well to encourage other bids,

Seems like Chelsea need sales to balance ffp after
some bumper spending.

Good signing for somebody.
Report Wesdag June 1, 2023 8:29 PM BST
Chelski can't be asking for too much otherwise he'll just run down his contract

£40m-£50m max.
Report brentford June 1, 2023 8:38 PM BST
he's a player I genuinely struggle to get a true feel for..

certainly has goals in him which can never be sniffed at but lacks some of the subtlety of passing required to be an elite attacking mf (imo) and if asked to play more conventionally seems slightly out of his comfort zone with key defensive responsibilities of that position..
Report lfc1971 June 1, 2023 8:41 PM BST
He’s not a bad player , but the question is
is it going to be money well spent
Report lfc1971 June 1, 2023 8:44 PM BST
Is he someone who can really improve a team
Just on his own , because that’s what has to happen
Report ImSoLuckyLucky! June 1, 2023 8:51 PM BST
Looks like the new
DELE
LaughLaughLaugh
Report Billy Liddell June 1, 2023 8:55 PM BST
I only really go and see and watch every Liverpool game and I can't remember him standing out when we have played Chelsea, Rice and Mac Allister also didn't look special against a poor Liverpool team this season even though Brighton  battered us.
Mitoma looked really special though and stood out..
Report ----you-have-to-laugh--- June 1, 2023 8:57 PM BST
Rice has been a stand out player at sjp the past
two seasons.

Different class.
Report Jinxy1 June 1, 2023 8:58 PM BST
Mason Mount??? Average at best.
Report FATTIEWHITEYSLOVEADRINK June 1, 2023 9:49 PM BST
I’ve not seen much of him if honest
Play for Chelsea probably handful of games
One that plays in Southgate England is rubbish
Imo
Report SontaranStratagem June 1, 2023 10:24 PM BST
He's not a top level player though

30m max
Report Racingqueen June 2, 2023 7:44 AM BST
Sont is correct. He is not a guaranteed first team player at a top club.

When you dig into his record, he is a flat track bully. Alot of his goals come against soft opposition and I think he has alot of set pieces.
Report G Hall June 2, 2023 8:24 AM BST
To me he is a player in the mould of Leon Osman, Tom Cleverley that sort of player average.
Report lurka June 2, 2023 8:32 AM BST
Mount is not that great but seems to be very popular amongst managers who play positional play tactics because he understands them better than other players and obeys instructions well. That's why the likes of Arteta and Tuchel like him. Give him to a guy like Southgate tho and you see how average he is.

Chelsea need to get as much for him as possible because he cost them nothing and has a zero cost value on their books, so any fee made will be booked as 100% profit in next seasons accounts and that will help them a lot with FFP next season to pay for all the heifers they bought. I can see Chelsea selling off similar homegrown players like Gallagher, CHO, RLC, James, Broja every year for the next few seasons. They can't really offload the players they bought recently as that will crystallise losses in the current season for FFP and they can't really afford that given the annual cost of the players they just bought and the loss of CL revenues.
Report lurka June 2, 2023 8:48 AM BST
They should try and offload Pulisic this summer too. He cost €64m over 5.5 years with one year left, so his book value would be down to something like £10m. If they could get £20m+ they would book £10m+ profit which would help, rather than let him leave for nothing in a year. He could hang on tho and take the free.
Report salmon spray June 2, 2023 9:40 AM BST
There's talk of a £70m bid from Man Utd. That's odd as Mount doesn't look worth that and if they play him wide on the right they will have paid that sort of money for a right-sided attacker for 3 years running   Crazy
I tend to agree he's more of an attacking midfielder but he's not going to dislodge Fernandez.
Report Wesdag June 2, 2023 1:46 PM BST
Mount is your typical over-hyped English player.

If he was any other nationality, would anyone be talking about him?
Report PorcupineorPineapple June 2, 2023 3:24 PM BST
Chelsea must be rubbing their hands. Whole world knows they've got a massively bloated squad and need to lose about a dozen players at least. They've got one here who's near the end of his deal, is refusing to sign a new one and wants away. Normal service would mean that the buying club would get hims for relative pennies; basically doing them a favour by getting him off the wage bill for a year. But somehow it looks like they're gonna twist someone's arm into giving them £50m+. Lunacy.
Report Wesdag June 2, 2023 4:28 PM BST
We'll see cos he's bang average, plus Chelsea not really in a position to overplay their hand.
Report The Dragon June 2, 2023 8:14 PM BST
iwouldnt buy him end  of

overated
Report Lifter June 3, 2023 9:44 AM BST
He is "worth" how much someone is willing to pay. Me? Well, my bank account doesn't have tens of billions, so I'd pay 1k.

All this talk of "too much" etc... is nonsense as managers pay 80m for the likes of Mudryk and Antony.
Post Your Reply
<CTRL+Enter> to submit
Please login to post a reply.

Wonder

Instance ID: 13539
www.betfair.com