Forums
There is currently 1 person viewing this thread.
HallGreenSpy
25 Nov 22 21:18
| Topic/replies: 3,283 | Blogger: HallGreenSpy's blog
Nothing changes. Play for a draw knowing it should be good enough. P1ss boiling stuff.

Post your reply

Text Format: Table: Smilies:
Forum does not support HTML
Insert Photo
Cancel
Page 1 of 2  •  Previous 1 | 2 | Next
sort by:
Show
per page
Replies: 67
By:
SontaranStratagem
When: 25 Nov 22 23:52
Is there a bigger to33er in football manegement ?

Hes without doubt the biggest **** going, loses a tenner finds a fiver and thinks hes had a result type

And he can eat that waistcoat, give us some entertainment
By:
SirNorbertClarke
When: 26 Nov 22 09:07
Gareth, C U Next Tuesday.
By:
stewarts rise
When: 26 Nov 22 09:52
What will you all be saying if by any chance they win the thing?
By:
HallGreenSpy
When: 26 Nov 22 09:56
The same stewarts. Couple of tourneys ago, be nice just to win one playing so reservedly, but truly had enough of it now.
By:
SirNorbertClarke
When: 26 Nov 22 10:51
There is absolutely no way a side who have to set up defensively against the USA are going to win the World Cup.

Southgate is the enemy of football.
By:
DirkDiggler
When: 26 Nov 22 10:59
I casnnot stand the boring corporate ****.
By:
steerforth
When: 26 Nov 22 12:17
In the Euros final in spite of him not because of him. We were utterly dominant after he (finally) brought Grealish on. One in front, he took him off again, sat back and Demark all but got back into it. We'd have scored more had he just carried on. Then he cost us the final with the insane late substitution of Rashford, expected to sit on the bench for 119 minutes then come on and win it. The choice of Saka to take one almost as bad. The guys who had earned the draw were the ones to go on and win it or lose it on penalties. What Southgate did was sheer madness. Last night was a lost opportunity to build momentum.
By:
stewarts rise
When: 26 Nov 22 12:38
Do agree with you all, it's boring defensive minded football, he manages like he played, a very average midfield player when Villa signed him, they bought Mark Draper from Leicester on the same day and Southgate made Draper look like a superstar, but Brian Little dropped him back into centre back and with God and Ugo alongside him nurtured him into a very decent centre back.
   His general mindset is defensively, doesn't like flair players just calls them (Grealish) and (Foden) on near the end, pathetic really. Sure we said the same about ramsey though after a boring 0-0 with Uruguay and just a thunderbolt from Charlton getting us past Mexico 1-0 in 1st 2 games, who was this kid Ball, who was Peters, where were the wingers, why wasn't Greaves playing etc, but turned out Ramsey knew better than all of us! Just a thought!
By:
mecca
When: 26 Nov 22 12:50
We had both Italy (Euro final) and Croatia ('18 WC semi) on the ropes... and he let both of them off the hook
By:
Angela Rebecchi
When: 26 Nov 22 16:27
They were especially bad right mecca. It was like he was begging them to get back into the game despite our fortuitously good starts.
By:
steerforth
When: 26 Nov 22 17:38
Fortunate not fortuitous. (Assuming you mean lucky and not that it happened by chance). A fortuitous event can be considered to have given rise to good or bad luck, or just to be neutral, but it's not inherently lucky in itself.
By:
steerforth
When: 26 Nov 22 17:40
(And that's one for the "Football expressions you hate" thread).
By:
loui
When: 26 Nov 22 17:59
He's only useful as a bottle opener
By:
Winja
When: 26 Nov 22 20:59
he is a coont and stops me watching england play as like the op says he boils my p1ss......sideways and backwards no through balls we have great players who need a manger who understands attacking football.....we cant win this cup he is too scared of trying....
By:
SontaranStratagem
When: 26 Nov 22 21:42
Some on here have mentioned Mount... but I’ve finally questioned why he’s in the team. Maddison should come in but soon as he looks dangerous and gets them moving quickly forward... Gareth will cr@p himself he’s leaving the centre circle exposed.
By:
SontaranStratagem
When: 26 Nov 22 21:49
The way he struck that penalty in 96 best describes what he is

Casual and weak as pi33
By:
Timber
When: 27 Nov 22 10:34
By:
loui
When: 27 Nov 22 11:27
Woke me up before I go go
By:
brentford
When: 27 Nov 22 12:44
not a fan of his management but should never have been taking that pen...

the self appointed 'guvnor'  was MIA....
By:
steerforth
When: 27 Nov 22 13:34
For sure Brentford, could see him in the centre circle bricking it and avoiding eye contact.
By:
SontaranStratagem
When: 29 Nov 22 01:45
The “guvnor” missed one vs Argentina 2 years later

But there were others who should have stood up before the waistcoat, Fowler was on the bench and we had one sub left?

All I remember was Gascoigne not having another inch on his studs SadSad I was 7 and spent the whole night majorly depressed..
By:
HallGreenSpy
When: 29 Nov 22 10:17
Can just imagine todays team talk. 'just don't get beat by more than 3 lads'
By:
Winja
When: 29 Nov 22 10:52
from the football i have seen so far wales are like a good championship side short of the quality required to progress but he will still probably instruct to hold the ball and not play the fluent forward passing game we are capable of......even the players are beginning to open up about performance but if they are directed to play the sh1t he loves it will never improve....
By:
Andy
When: 29 Nov 22 13:59
HGS,

You just know he’s thinking this game screams a midfield three of Rice , Henderson and Philips with Sterling and White giving protection to Trippier and Shaw.

Stick Stones as sweeper behind Dier and McGuire to pick up Moore’s flick-ons and it’s job done.

Can’t see worse than 0-2 with that formation although I grant you the bench would be a tad lightweight!
By:
SontaranStratagem
When: 29 Nov 22 14:51
He will be looking for a tight game 0-1/0-0/1-0, a proper min ge
By:
duffy
When: 29 Nov 22 15:57
If Southgate was offered a 3-0 loss right now he'd bite your hand offCry
By:
HallGreenSpy
When: 29 Nov 22 23:21
So here's the thing. A 3-0 win and still underwhelmed. Piss easy group, African team next, probably followed by an European team. Shades of Italia  90 anyone?
By:
SontaranStratagem
When: 29 Nov 22 23:29
No doubt Mount starts again vs Senegal Crazy
By:
brentford
When: 29 Nov 22 23:32
lol Sonts...wouldn't put it passed him ...Sterling recalled as well...

hide the sharp objects (me, not you...maybe both)
By:
mesmerised
When: 29 Nov 22 23:59
I've rinsed Southgate on here for not being a top manager and not being cut out for this level, but two things, 1. I'd love him to prove me and everyone else wrong, it's nothing against him personally as he seems like one of life's good guys, and you'd have to be pretty sadistic to want to see someone like that fail, but much more importantly, 2, you can never question his bottle, courage and bravery in when it really matters, his in-game decision making might leave a lot to be desired (you'd like to think he's learnt), but he grabbed that ball in 96 and told Venables he was taking that pen, he was confident and he took responsibility when his country needed him most, unlike Anderton, McManaman and Ince who all could have taken it but didn't volunteer, in Ince's case he didn't even have the courage to face the goal when pens were being taken. Southgate is a lot of things but lacking in character and a bottle job is not one of them. Never seen a look of devastation on a players face than his when he realised he'd missed. That was the first international tournament I remember, the next was World Cup 98, suffice to say I wasn't looking forward to Euro 2000. I thought there was an unwritten rule where we had to go to penalties in every tournament. It's also worth stating that Southgate at the time, was the youngest player in the starting line up and the least capped.

Didn't like him raking in the money afterwards from pizzahut and ballboy shoe adverts but tbh, I'd have done the same thing. Kind Regards.
By:
HallGreenSpy
When: 30 Nov 22 00:14
Probably the biggest piece of shyte you have ever written on here mes, and I kinda like what you write Blush
By:
HallGreenSpy
When: 30 Nov 22 00:15
Didn't like him raking in the money afterwards from pizzahut and ballboy shoe adverts but tbh, I'd have done the same thing. Kind Regards.

Says it all really
By:
SontaranStratagem
When: 30 Nov 22 00:16
Thats a fair enough thing Mes

Wont stop me going full blooded when he messes up again Wink
By:
HallGreenSpy
When: 30 Nov 22 00:16
*usually kind of like what you write
By:
mesmerised
When: 30 Nov 22 00:39
Probably the biggest piece of shyte you have ever written on here mes Laugh

how'd you mean hgs, man took ball, man put ball on spot, man kicked ball, 25 million people watching, that's bravery under pressure, right up there with the bomb defusal squads and the SOS, unlike Ince, man who was sat down with two balls on the grass instead, and neither were footballs. Southgate is the sort of leader of men that you'd want in the trenches with you, much like Martin Keown, they wouldn't put their heads above the parapet every now and then, wimpishly firing at the enemy, they'd be jumping up and down catching bullets with their teeth. They'll be a new England manager by the end of the year and if he can add Southgate's balls to his tactical nous we might win the Euro's in Germany in 2 and half years time. Kind Regards.
By:
HallGreenSpy
When: 30 Nov 22 00:52
that's bravery under pressure, right up there with the bomb defusal squads and the SOS,

start with thatHappy
By:
HallGreenSpy
When: 30 Nov 22 00:54
and if he can add Southgate's balls to his tactical nous

and finish with that.

Am I reeled in?
By:
stu
When: 30 Nov 22 01:27
To be fair, he's overachieved with the players he's had - semis previous WC, final nearly winning the Euros. Did we really have awesome world class players while doing that? Not sure we did.

He may not be a great manager, but he knows how to 'manage' a tournament route.
By:
HallGreenSpy
When: 30 Nov 22 01:34
Said before I could put up with it once. Be under no illusion. our players are as good as any others in this WC. Of course we can win it...if we want to.
Page 1 of 2  •  Previous 1 | 2 | Next
sort by:
Show
per page

Post your reply

Text Format: Table: Smilies:
Forum does not support HTML
Insert Photo
Cancel
‹ back to topics
www.betfair.com