Forums
Welcome to Live View – Take the tour to learn more
Start Tour
There is currently 1 person viewing this thread.
The Dragon
22 Sep 22 17:03
| Topic/replies: 41,147 | Blogger: The Dragon's blog
cmon be honest who gives a flying fick about this comp.

so complicated its a laughing stock need a n IQ of 200 to understand it.

An unecessary comp in an already overcrowded space. More league games lost this weekend and we still have a Winter world Cup to come !!!

Enough is Enough surely it should be scrapped immediatley
Pause Switch to Standard View UEFA Nations League - What a waste of...
Show More
Report Aspro September 22, 2022 5:11 PM BST
The main advantage, I guess, is that it's competitive. Friendlies really are boring so I guess it adds a little edge for those who enjoy betting on them. I'm not one of them, not anymore anyway, but it does allow me to get on with other things and take a break from footy for a while, but I do agree, I'd rather be seeing and punting on domestic league action and would care a jot if they scrapped it.
Report Aspro September 22, 2022 5:11 PM BST
*wouldn't
Report SontaranStratagem September 22, 2022 5:43 PM BST
Agreed

Its annoying when you know theres a 2 week coming up of this sh!t Cry

In Englands group its like theyre trying to finish bottom or at least not make the two idiotic knock out games next summer ffs
Report akabula September 22, 2022 6:27 PM BST
Gives us a chance of qualifying so all for it. Blush
Report The Dragon September 22, 2022 6:37 PM BST
good luck aka -i hope yodo!
Report tobermory September 22, 2022 6:38 PM BST
It is utter shyte. Is it really competitive when hardly anyone cares about the results? Have any coaches been sacked for losing in the Nation's Lg?

It was presented as something better than mismatch qualifiers and friendlies. But it was not replacing those, just added on top Cry

The problem with international football was there was way too much of it, most of which was inconsequential games, now, because of the NL, there is about a 40% increase in this crap.

Though the Nation's League introduces a new factor; not just games no one cares about, but the same teams playing each other over and over in games no one cares about Cry Because most countries are in the same groups for each cycle of it.......Scotland have played Israel 7 times in the last 4 years
Report The Dragon September 22, 2022 6:43 PM BST
spot on tobs.

Im not sure how the prem et el are going to get all the fixtures in .. i suppose the season will have to extended into june/july
Report tobermory September 22, 2022 6:48 PM BST
Yeah, I couldn't believe it when (knowing the season was stopping for 6 weeks for the WC) I saw there were two more breaks in the season for Nation' League.
Report Des Pond September 22, 2022 8:16 PM BST
Agree with above comments. There are too many international games as it is. And most of them are boring, either because they are dire spectacles or because no-one is interested in them. The qualfying games for Euros and World Cups are far too drawn out and uncompetitive as it is, without more meaningless games. Still, I suppose it gives players like Harry kane lots of opportunities to break international scoring records. And flat-track bully teams like Belgium the chance to reach FIFA "World No 1" status. How will the EPL and other big leagues be able to accomodate all these glorified friendlies and a winter World Cup? on top of the recent disruption, without a crazy schedule after New year?
Report The Dragon September 22, 2022 8:25 PM BST
Norway are in Jack so Haangerland will be ok and well restedAngry
Report vidou September 22, 2022 8:30 PM BST
Yea and then half your teams squad comes back injured ffs
Report mesmerised September 22, 2022 10:23 PM BST
been saying this for years, international breaks are painful, everyone just wants them to pass quickly so as to  get back to the proper football as soon as possible, ratings must be very low.

You need to scrap them and lump them all together at the end of the season, condense the domestic season by having PL fixtures in the league cup slots, most top leagues have got rid of their 2nd cup already, you know it's a waste of time when the sides close to the bottom are putting out weak sides, that's because there's far too much money these days to stay in the premiership, it was ok 30+ years ago before satellite TV money came in and getting relegated wasn't the end of the world.

An alternative is to just automatically qualify top nations as it's a financial disaster for UEFA without them anyway.

I wont even be watching the England game, I'll be watching the tennis.
Report SontaranStratagem September 22, 2022 10:32 PM BST
England are boring at 100% trying

So if anyone wants to sit and watch them putting in 25% against Hungary more fool them
Post Your Reply
<CTRL+Enter> to submit
Please login to post a reply.

Wonder

Instance ID: 13539
www.betfair.com