Forums
Welcome to Live View – Take the tour to learn more
Start Tour
There is currently 1 person viewing this thread.
SontaranStratagem
19 Jun 22 23:34
| Topic/replies: 41,558 | Blogger: SontaranStratagem's blog
The final nail is coming sadly

Going under officially

Biggest club yet?
Show More
Report swiftynifty June 24, 2022 6:08 PM BST
and now no manager.
Report SirNorbertClarke June 24, 2022 6:12 PM BST
What about Mike Ashley?
Report SirNorbertClarke June 24, 2022 6:17 PM BST
Can't really blame Rooney. No money to piece together a squad for next season. Wonder where he'll turn up. Frank should be worried.
Report brentford June 24, 2022 8:22 PM BST
I often try to validate the modern game to my old man...it's becoming more difficult..
Report barstool June 24, 2022 11:17 PM BST
It is probably a good thing in the long run, though very sad for Derby fans.

FIFA, UAFA, The FA, none have them have ever policed their operations, just money, money, money is all that mattered.

Some Clubs have backers that are bombproof and will survive the way things are fixed in their favour.

Nervous times perhaps for a few more.
Report SontaranStratagem June 24, 2022 11:28 PM BST
Theyve apparently got another buyer lined up but its gonna take a real stupid pillock to take them on, the bloke is question wont do it once he sees the true mess when he checks over the books and sees theyve got 3 players on the books and no manager Crazy

Theyre fooked and its time they just put the fans out their misery at this point
Report SontaranStratagem June 24, 2022 11:30 PM BST
The clubs been dismantled ffs

The stadium is no longer owned by the club, the training ground has been sold off as well

Theyre stringing them along at thhis point its sad, I think theyre looking to fund the best way of breaking it to them
Report SirNorbertClarke June 25, 2022 8:52 AM BST
The guy interested in buying DC is a property developer and he has already bought the ground. Looks ominous.
Report s.kenbo June 25, 2022 11:11 AM BST
Sad to see Rooney go, but can’t fault his decision at all.

What do you mean by ominous? I don’t know what he’s paid for Pride Park but it would be far far more than the land itself is worth. I doubt it would be financially beneficial to knock it down and develop it. You’d only ever get industrial units on there.
Report mecca June 25, 2022 11:58 AM BST
Derby could do with some industrious units on the pitch
Report Crisp77 June 25, 2022 2:19 PM BST
Fair play to Rooney for acknowledging Derby need a proper experienced manager to get them out of this mess.
Report Crisp77 June 25, 2022 2:26 PM BST
To be fair it should be easy to find a manager with a win record percentage higher than 28.2%
Report SirNorbertClarke June 25, 2022 9:38 PM BST
28% when the administrators are selling players but not giving you any money to build a team seems quite a high percentage but I guess you know all about building a football team in administration.
Report SontaranStratagem June 25, 2022 9:48 PM BST
You cant knock Rooney, hes even chipped in for travelling expenses out of his own pocket

Hes gone up in my estimation, hes done Derby a massive favour and if they do survive he deserves massive respect for getting them throgh the dark tunnel
Report Crisp77 June 26, 2022 8:11 AM BST

Jun 25, 2022 -- 9:38PM, SirNorbertClarke wrote:

28% when the administrators are selling players but not giving you any money to build a team seems quite a high percentage but I guess you know all about building a football team in administration.

5 other teams in the division didn't spend any money on transfers too. Not just Derby without money.

Win percentages of the teams relying on free transfers and loans after selling players:

Huddersfield 50%
Luton 46%
Cardiff 33%
Derby 30%
Reading 28%
Birmingham 24%

League One and Two are mainly free transfers and loans so they need a manager who knows what they are doing.

Report s.kenbo June 26, 2022 8:26 AM BST
Interesting figures there. Only two of those teams scored more points than Derby, and they both made the play-offs.
Report SirNorbertClarke June 26, 2022 8:42 AM BST
Interesting that you ignore the fact that DC's administrators actively sold off their talent and were unable to offer new contracts to players at the end of their current ones.

If I didn't know better Crisp77 I might think you just hated Rooney because he was a very successful United player
Report Crisp77 June 26, 2022 10:59 AM BST
Derby only sold 3 players last year and one of those was for £32k. Lots of other teams did similar business on sales and contracts were not renewed.

Yes, he was a very successful United player but that does not mean he makes a good manager. No proof he is any better than Gary Neville, Roy Keane, Ole etc.
Report Crisp77 June 26, 2022 11:03 AM BST
Worth noting Transfermarkt have the Derby squad value at around £30m, which would stick them 10th last year. More proof Rooney isn't the genius you think he is.
Report SirNorbertClarke June 26, 2022 11:23 AM BST
DC were a hodgepodge thrown together at the last minute in very difficult circumstances. Rooney even had to buy training equipment out of his own pocket.

I agree the true test of Rooney's managerial nouse is yet to come but to characterise his time at DC as a failure shows a lack of understanding of the difficulties of managing a club on fire.
Report Crisp77 June 26, 2022 12:59 PM BST
Out of his own pocket which was filled to the brim by Derby County on wages they cannot afford
Report mecca June 26, 2022 2:25 PM BST
Ding Ding.... round 2

Keep it going fellas.. this is good stuff
Report ----you-have-to-laugh--- June 26, 2022 5:02 PM BST
Local property developer David Clowes has had his bid to buy Derby County accepted and hopes to complete the purchase on Wednesday.

Clowes announced his intention to try to take the Rams out of administration on Friday after buying Pride Park from Derby's former owner Mel Morris.

Derby's administrators Quantuma said Clowes had now been granted preferred bidder status.

The news came as the Rams appointed Liam Rosenior as interim manager.
Report JPSER June 26, 2022 7:24 PM BST
@crisp77

do you remember this thread? whatever happened to the nutters on here? Laugh

https://community.betfair.com/chit_chat/go/thread/view/94038/29207979/crisp7...
Report lurka June 26, 2022 7:32 PM BST
Clowes is a lifelong Derby fan but also a property developer. If you had your eye on redeveloping the ground you'd want to get control of the club too and run it into the ground so that whatever lease it has on the ground could be extinguished. Seems to be too much of a money pit for a guy of his wealth but you never know. If he's a genuine lifelong fan what else is he going to do with his money?
Report Crisp77 June 26, 2022 8:12 PM BST
Great purchase for a property developer. If it goes right they will be in the Premier League and worth £300m. If it goes wrong they still have a load of land to develop.
Report SontaranStratagem June 26, 2022 9:15 PM BST
He wants it for the land and the stadium is a nice thing to hold with that land gotten hold of as well

I highly doubt hes interested in the football, he can stick a ram on his desk and pretend to be a fan but a Derby fan I talk has never heard of him and has never him or his family at a game ever...

Mel Morris likewise as well, its amazing how these business suits have dropped out the sky to ruin a football club whilst oretending to be fans... and the fans have fallen for the pair of them its mind bending
Report SontaranStratagem June 26, 2022 9:21 PM BST
If I was Derby Id want Ashley for the sheer fact hed want the club to advertise his baby as he calls it

But at least hed keep the club as it would be making his “baby” the money in the process

Clowes wants it for the land nothing more, and theres rumours Morris is still pulling the strings anyway, its the stadium and surrounding land they want for obvious reasons

Morris was banging on about turning Pride Park Stadium into a plaza and multi purpose indoor arena back in 2016 or 2017

Its obvious whats happened now, theyve runnthe club into the ground on purpose
Report Racingqueen June 27, 2022 10:35 AM BST
Ashley would be a superb owner at Derby. He wasn't half as bad as the morons at Newcastle would have you believe.

They criticised him for not spending 50m to gain 2 places in the league.

Without him they wouldn't have their new owners
Report SontaranStratagem June 27, 2022 6:33 PM BST
I think he used the club to progress his main business love but he was a great owner when you factor in he also got Newcastle on a sound financial footing

I think soorts direct comes first the club follows behind but the club does benefit from the venture as well
Report SontaranStratagem June 27, 2022 6:34 PM BST
He knows how to combind the two though I give him that
Report Crisp77 June 28, 2022 12:10 PM BST
Strange report coming out about Wayne Rooney's agent.

Wayne Rooney's agent is reportedly under investigation by the Football Association for secret payments made to players and staff at Derby County.

A report by The Telegraph says a cheque for £1.6m was allegedly handed over last month to cover salaries as an attempted takeover of the club from Chris Kirchner ran into problems.

Paul Stretford is subsequently being investigated by the governing body over concerns his intervention may have breached regulations around conflicts of interest given his links to Rooney, who was Derby manager at the time.
Report SontaranStratagem June 28, 2022 10:08 PM BST
Derby are so rotten itll take a real brainless plank to take them on

The guy thats bought the stadium and land is not in it for the club
Report SontaranStratagem June 29, 2022 7:14 PM BST
The tragic part about all this is the way theyve treated the poor fans in all this

It doesnt take a week to close a deal ffs, theyre still messing around with them even today

The club is dead and the piece of excrement that has bought the land and stadium is nervous about the reaction quite clearly

The fans need to realise theyve been utterly fooked over, they wanted the land and so ruined and finished a big football club to get it Sad
Report SontaranStratagem June 29, 2022 7:21 PM BST
The one big problem I have is how the players and Rooney etc knew about all this months ago and still dragged the fans along until the end of the season so they could be paid and the administrators got their £££s fees as well

Utter scum sorry, thats why the club was dragged on until the end of the season
Report s.kenbo June 30, 2022 8:48 AM BST
I’m not sure why you think they want the land just to develop it. I can’t find how much they paid for the stadium, does anyone know?

The whole of Pride Park is about 200 acres, I think that is worth roughly £100m as building land. The stadium sits on a fairly small percentage of that area, so what would it be worth to a developer? I’m guessing, but I’d say the stadium has been sold for much more than the land is worth.
Report SontaranStratagem June 30, 2022 8:57 PM BST
Another excuse after yesterdays one.. again

Derby fans should be nurning that stadium down when the inevitble happens trust me

And the land surrounding it should be raised and turned upside down

Theyve well and truly had it off but in such a pathetic and ridiculous execution of it that its beyond parody

Utterly disgusting. All of them involved in this should be hounded and strung up.
Report SontaranStratagem June 30, 2022 8:58 PM BST
Theyve killed your club almost... fooking do something for crying out loud.
Report SontaranStratagem July 1, 2022 7:58 PM BST
Got that wrong

Hes officially saved the club so fair play and I stand corrected

Happy for the fans, now we can officjally say this as its back to football again but....

We’re premier league remember that SillySillyCool
Post Your Reply
<CTRL+Enter> to submit
Please login to post a reply.

Wonder

Instance ID: 13539
www.betfair.com