Forums
Welcome to Live View – Take the tour to learn more
Start Tour
There is currently 1 person viewing this thread.
mesmerised
13 Jun 22 19:10
| Topic/replies: 29,722 | Blogger: mesmerised's blog
joint fav with Salah, poor value, no player in Pep's 6 years have won it, Pep's style of football has always meant the goals are shared around, and he's injury prone, In 2020-21, Haaland missed 10 games through four injury spells, but this past season he eclipsed that with 16 games missed across three separate injuries. In total, he has missed 36 career games through injury, but the hip flexor injury and muscular problems of 2021-22 have had the greatest impact. also wont be taking the pens.

he'll still be in the mix but favourite at 9/2 is poor value
Pause Switch to Standard View Haaland 9/2 fav f- Top scorer 22/23
Show More
Report PorcupineorPineapple June 13, 2022 10:34 PM BST
Not a backer myself, but a couple of things.

City have played with a recognised #9 when Aguero was there and he was regularly their top scorer. Unfortunately he was massively injury prone so wasn't often troubling the top overall. But the idea that Pep doesn't play that way isn't necessarily true. He tried hard for Kane last year but was unsuccessful. He therefore found a different way but I think the idea that Haaland will be dropping deep and be more interested in assists is a bit fanciful.

Secondly, why won't he be on pens. It's generally been Mahrez but he's not been a first teamer for a year. Haaland took them for Dortmund and for Norway and I'd be surprised if he doesn't step up for City too.
Report mesmerised June 13, 2022 10:45 PM BST
didn't say Haaland would be dropping deepConfused point being is that attacks wont be centered around him as they were in Dortmund and goals come from everywhere in City, Aguero had to change his game under Pep doing a lot more work off the ball and was dropped til he got the message, Haaland doesn't do donkey work, he'll score 20 or more if fit, but at that price, no.
Report ----you-have-to-laugh--- June 13, 2022 11:35 PM BST
Could easily bang in 40 if they play
him regularly.

Interesting chart of Europe's top strikers

https://twitter.com/louorns/status/1536440549028335616?s=19

Freaky position for Haaland!
Report mesmerised June 14, 2022 12:00 AM BST
He's a top draw player, but there's no chance he's hitting 40 as it's not the Bundesliga, it's why Lewandowksi is overrated, he scored 35 league goals at the age of 33 over there, no player in the premier league has ever scored more than 32 league goals in a 38 game season, you think of all the top strikers and teams there's been over the years, Henry, Ronaldo, Salah, Suarez, Shearer, Drogba, Van Nistlerooy, Van Persie etc, none could it, Salah hit 32 and played 36 games. 30+ has only been hit 5 times in 25 years. Last 4 years with all the goals Liverpool and City have clocked up, the golden boot has gone to players scoring 22-23 goals.

If he played all 38 games fully fit, probably could beat Salah's 32, but just. Can't see that happening though.
Report mesmerised June 14, 2022 12:01 AM BST
My guess is with the injuries he's had, and adapting to a new team, rotation, probably looking at 25 max.
Report ----you-have-to-laugh--- June 14, 2022 12:22 AM BST
Yeah, if he's busy in euro games he may
not play all league games, and fixture computer can
tend to give easier league games around euro
fixtures.

Then there's chance of a runaway with him being rested.

We, of course, will find out soon enough.

Will be interesting to see prices for how many
He scores.
Report Flemenstar June 14, 2022 1:39 AM BST
You really couldn't be putting him in any bigger than 9/2, the place part alone would be ridiculous value otherwise

City are in for 80-90 goals, so Haaland himself must be in for about 18-20 if not more.

People on this forum love to try and box clever with City
Report The Dragon June 14, 2022 8:40 PM BST
never played in the prem , city dont play with an up front striker, hes pretty inexperiebed, lay all the day at 9/2.

Think he may take time to adapt
Report Rider June 14, 2022 8:52 PM BST
worth remembering he'll get a nice rest during the wc and he'll hopefully have learnt a lot from his time at BVB, his CL stats are like no other before him at his age so it'll be interesting
Report Emitdeb June 19, 2022 4:47 PM BST
I'll be backing this guy large at 5.5.. will lay at 3.0.. I'll be Green before Christmas... Cool
Report duffy June 20, 2022 3:33 PM BST
Haaland shouldn't get too many injuries this year as he won't be doing much running, there won't be any long runs into empty space on a counter, it'll be mainly hanging in and around the penalty box looking for a yard of space.Grin
Report Emitdeb June 20, 2022 4:16 PM BST
Shoe in for penalties, shirley... Cool
Report SirNorbertClarke June 24, 2022 3:12 PM BST
Beats me why Pep needs a centre forward. Just like Grealish he'll spend half the season on the bench.
Report Aspro June 24, 2022 3:33 PM BST
Jesus all but at Arsenal and Sterling contemplating Chelsea. I think he'll get plenty of game time if those two hike.
Report SirNorbertClarke June 24, 2022 3:49 PM BST
IIRC Sterling and Jesus made more than a few appearances from the bench last season.I'd be surprised if Haaland made 30 starts next season.
Report Emitdeb June 24, 2022 4:32 PM BST
Aguero was pretty much nailed on starter when fit... Wish I was offered evens for more than 30 games... Happy
Report SirNorbertClarke June 24, 2022 5:01 PM BST
In 10 season Aguero played over 30 PL games 4 times.
Report Aspro June 24, 2022 5:08 PM BST
Laugh That's kinda sneaky SNC. 2 more were precisely 30, not forgetting in 6 of his 10 seasons he actually played over 40 in all tournaments. Any manager would rest him. You also didn't state Premier League starts, making "30 starts" very likely imo Devil
Report SirNorbertClarke June 24, 2022 5:42 PM BST
Pep doesn't really need a centreforward for most PL games. IMHO Haaland has been bought for the games when City will have to share possession and counter attack
Report everyone's a winner June 24, 2022 7:12 PM BST
market's been added on here now, so get laying! Grin matched at 5 so far but only a tiny amount
Report elise June 25, 2022 12:27 PM BST
if arsenal can get crosses in the box then jesus must be nailed on
Report Emitdeb June 25, 2022 1:14 PM BST
oh... Plain
Report Emitdeb June 25, 2022 3:44 PM BST
Was actually wondering where the crosses were coming from and how anyone could consider it nailed on.... (I've not been well lately) LaughLaugh
Report Emitdeb June 25, 2022 9:08 PM BST
https://www.betfair.com/exchange/plus/football/market/1.200468047

too skinny atm... Sad
Report Flemenstar June 27, 2022 12:47 AM BST
all the 9/2 gone

all the 4/1 gone

has OP pressed the pink button yet?
Report SirNorbertClarke June 27, 2022 12:42 PM BST
Haaland will have a nice winter break and should be niggle free come the restart.
Report Emitdeb August 7, 2022 6:45 PM BST
Been trading at Evens after the first game...

The words "Scooby Doo" and "Hasn't got" come to mind for the OP... Blush
Report mega88 August 7, 2022 6:49 PM BST

Aug 7, 2022 -- 6:45PM, Emitdeb wrote:

Been trading at Evens after the first game... The words "Scooby Doo" and "Hasn't got" come to mind for the OP...

LaughLaughLaughLaugh

Report ProSniper August 7, 2022 7:17 PM BST
The sweat's on already for the layers..

Report Des Pond August 7, 2022 10:02 PM BST
"He will give most defences nightmares when he settles in". I said that last week (plenty of other people said it too, tbf). But it doesn't look like he will take long to settle in. His power, intelligence, movement and pace will be a huge challenge for even the best defenders, especially with the kind of service he will get from players around him.
Where Jesus and Sterling make scoring goals look difficult, this guy makes it look easy.
Report starship August 8, 2022 3:27 PM BST
6/4 now..............stays fit i think he is a very good bet
Report hologon August 8, 2022 3:30 PM BST
Only one top scorer in the last ten years has played for the Premier  winners that year
Report GEESUSS August 8, 2022 5:42 PM BST
Mugmerised is the only true and original MUG on here, do not accept fake or counterfit MUGS, only accept the real thing. Mugmerised is the real deal...........................
Report mesmerised August 8, 2022 6:04 PM BST
oh look, the spotty, malodorous and hyperactive Glaswegian junkie is back to share his pearls of wisdom with the forum in the low brow and unintelligible manner that only he can deliver, also seems full of beans so it must be giro pay day.
Report Emitdeb August 8, 2022 9:02 PM BST
Mes, how comes you rub so many up the wrong way?

Just out of interest, are you an only child?
Report mesmerised August 8, 2022 9:11 PM BST
says the berk who's recently been caught having been talking to himself for 15 years with his other alias sofakingLaugh
Report mega88 August 8, 2022 9:15 PM BST

Aug 8, 2022 -- 9:02PM, Emitdeb wrote:

Mes, how comes you rub so many up the wrong way?Just out of interest, are you an only child?

Is that you sof? Games up son LaughLaugh

Report Emitdeb August 8, 2022 9:17 PM BST
You seem very angry mes.. Chill a little. There are so many things in life to test us but there's no need to be angry with everyone....

How's the search for a girlfriend going? Plain
Report mesmerised August 8, 2022 9:22 PM BST
poor emiteb, can literally not go a day without trying to get my attention, perfect example here, went out of his way to post on this thread when no mention of him was made whatsoever, and it's the same on every single thread looking to engage with me, reacting to any post I've made no matter how innocuous, you are one sad man. Admit it, you're obsessed with me. Embarrassing.
Report mesmerised August 8, 2022 9:23 PM BST
the pitiful attempt at passive aggressiveness is equally embarrassing. Get a hobby.
Report mega88 August 8, 2022 9:25 PM BST
Post Your Reply
<CTRL+Enter> to submit
Please login to post a reply.

Wonder

Instance ID: 13539
www.betfair.com