Forums
Welcome to Live View – Take the tour to learn more
Start Tour
There is currently 1 person viewing this thread.
SontaranStratagem
06 Jun 22 01:07
| Topic/replies: 40,917 | Blogger: SontaranStratagem's blog
Gotta be laying England to qualify at 1.18 (I always do at short odds)

Brazil my main prediction but Ill need to keep filtering money in throughout the summer though

But England are so boring theyll probably go through with a 1-0 0-0 1-0 run

Fooking middle of winter though Sad
Pause Switch to Standard View Fifa World Cup 2022 Betting Fun Time
Show More
Report SontaranStratagem June 6, 2022 1:10 AM BST
Richarlison golden boot at 40 my top scorer bet
Report duffy June 6, 2022 5:08 PM BST
Have to say I'm looking forward to the novelty of it, Fireworks and Christmas atmosphere building with WC football thrown in alongside.
Report mecca June 6, 2022 10:01 PM BST
No long, hard Premier League season to wear our players out..... Novelty winter WC? Novelty winners :- England.

It's coming home..... even Prince Charles said it
Report 11kv June 6, 2022 10:10 PM BST
Dribbling a little on Argentina over the next few months for an interest..
Report roache June 7, 2022 10:30 PM BST
Free money lay England as they always oblige as even if they have a top team they just do not possess the mentality to win a tournament,they did make me sweat a little in the last tournament though actually reaching a final but Gareth learnt absolutely fook all from the Croatia semi final producing a carbon copy performance against Italy great in the 1st half taking the lead and being totally over run in the 2nd half whilst sitting on his hands
Report SontaranStratagem June 7, 2022 10:39 PM BST
Roache

Jesus christ I went nuts last summer, I tell you what it was my biggest lay win ever but it could have easily been a massive loss in the end so that Saka pen was a relief from a financial point

I wont be laying in the outrights this time as I want to relax and just play for the craic esp with Wales in the same group

Ill lay them in the group qualify because its major short but nothing big to lose with that
Report SontaranStratagem June 7, 2022 10:41 PM BST
You could ne right though they do need to win one to make it easier for the next generation from a mentality standpoint

But making semis and finals will help as well, itll get a bit easier to go far as the oressure is off from that angle
Report SontaranStratagem June 7, 2022 10:44 PM BST
Although if England hadnt of got that far it wouldnt have been the win it was, I kept laying them after every round they won so it ended up being a big lay as opposed to just straight up lay pre tournament

So in a way it was relying on them bottling it or just losing the final in hindsight

It turned out well from a betting point of view
Report SontaranStratagem June 7, 2022 10:46 PM BST
I still think a south american team is due here though
Report duffy June 8, 2022 4:12 PM BST
If there was ever a year for a major upset then it's looking more likely now, since the great Spanish side of 10 years ago, the major nations have been falling back towards the pack at a rate of knots, we're at the point now where the quality amongst the so called top nations right across the board is as bad I can remember it in my lifetime.
Report vidou June 8, 2022 8:01 PM BST
Argentina have sailed through qualifying and Copa America - 32 games unbeaten. 9/1 currently whereas Brazil are 5/1 favs. The Argies might not win but theres a value bet if I ever saw one
Report SontaranStratagem June 8, 2022 8:28 PM BST
My dads said the same thing duffy

Hes backing Mexico and Ecuador at big odds in the hope one goes far and he can basically trade out late in the tournament

It wouldnt shock me in the slightest if say Ecuador do well to be honest

Vidou, yeah theyre on a similar run to Italys ehich culmilated in their euro win, England Argentina final with Argies winning on penalties?

Mischief
Report SontaranStratagem June 8, 2022 10:07 PM BST
Belgium rattled in 6 tonight vs Poland

Wales played ok vs the Dutch as well, might be worth noting that Wales will wanna do us over in the groups
Report mesmerised June 9, 2022 11:39 AM BST
Commentary question for the World Cup aficionados

on talksport that play this brief commentary segment mesh incl the famous commentary of Bergkamps goal v Argentina, then they play "Ronaldo........oh that's magnificent", anyone know which Ronaldo, which game and which commentator, it's a long shot, no luck youtubing.
Report tobermory June 9, 2022 3:49 PM BST
free kick v Spain?
Report mesmerised June 9, 2022 4:50 PM BST
not that I remember, sounds retro, quality not as crystal clear as today's mics, maybe a classic goal from the 98 or 02 world cup, possibly 06, they play it on their European show on Sunday
Report lurka June 9, 2022 5:26 PM BST
who is the commentator?
Report ----you-have-to-laugh--- June 9, 2022 5:33 PM BST
Mes, you could ask them on twitter!
Report mesmerised June 9, 2022 5:35 PM BST
no idea, doesn't say, it just plays a 15 second or so long clip of world cup commentary moments
Report mesmerised June 9, 2022 5:37 PM BST
may have to try that but doubt they'd go out of their way to find out
Report mesmerised June 9, 2022 6:41 PM BST
Found the clip

https://talksport.com/radio/listen-again/1654459200/1654466400/

@ 24:20

don't think it's barry davies
Report ----you-have-to-laugh--- June 9, 2022 8:16 PM BST
Is it his 2nd in 2002 final,?

No idea really from the clip

If it was then

Talksport
Japan/Korea 2002 - Commentary team: Jim Proudfoot & Alvin Martin (all full commentary matches); match (commentary) reporter: Jon Driscoll; roving reporter (in Japan): Dom McGuinness.
Report ----you-have-to-laugh--- June 9, 2022 8:20 PM BST
To start the ball rolling, here's how talkSPORT have covered each of the major football tournaments to the best of my knowledge (although the Talk Radio years are a bit sketchy).

Euro '96 - Reporter: John Anderson?

France '98 - Main commentary team: Alan Parry & Andy Gray; secondary commentary team: Tony Lockwood & Alvin Martin; reports: John Anderson + ?

Euro 2000 - Main commentary team: Alan Parry & Alvin Martin; secondary commentary team: Jim Proudfoot & Frank Stapleton; match reporter: Tony Lockwood; roving reporter: Jon Driscoll.

Japan/Korea 2002 - Commentary team: Jim Proudfoot & Alvin Martin (all full commentary matches); match (commentary) reporter: Jon Driscoll; roving reporter (in Japan): Dom McGuinness.

Euro 2004 - Commentary team: Jim Proudfoot & Alvin Martin (all full commentary matches); commentary reporters: Graham Beecroft, Graham Courtney, Nigel Pearson; England camp reporter: Andy Clarke.

Germany 2006 - Commentary teams: Jim Proudfoot & Alvin Martin (main team), Chris Cooper & Gary Stevens, Nigel Pearson & Rodney Marsh; AM 'commentary' reporter/DAB commentary teams: Ian Danter, Tim White or Geoff Peters alongside either Micky Quinn or Jason Cundy; England camp reporters: Andy Clarke & Mike Parry; roving reporter: Mike Bovill.

https://forums.digitalspy.com/discussion/497506/radio-coverage-of-past-world-cups-european-championships

Report mesmerised June 9, 2022 8:34 PM BST
good reply yhtl, I don't recognise the commentary voice from any of the names listed however, it could be the 2002 world cup final, it could be a telly or radio commie
Report ----you-have-to-laugh--- June 9, 2022 8:59 PM BST
Yeah, I think an email to Danny Kelly or a request to Talksport on twitter
will likely sort it for you.

I don't recognise the comm,
Report duffy June 10, 2022 4:37 PM BST
Don't recognize it but it's deffo not Barry Davies.
Report mesmerised June 10, 2022 5:08 PM BST
sent an email to feedback@talksport
Report duffy June 10, 2022 5:24 PM BST
I tweeted them alsoGrin
Report SontaranStratagem June 17, 2022 9:50 PM BST
Added a bit more to the Brazil bet today

I hope Argentina dont win it because they would have been the pick if I wasnt so set on Brazil
Report thelatarps June 18, 2022 9:15 PM BST
Its not Motson is it Mes?
Seem to remember him going mad over a Ronaldo toe poke in the semi v Turkey in 2002
Report mesmerised June 18, 2022 10:01 PM BST
it's not Motty, there's a link down below, doesn't sound like him. I've had no reply from talksport as expected. Will probably never know.
Report SontaranStratagem June 18, 2022 11:16 PM BST
Search Results
Featured snippet from the web
Talksport's commentary team included Alan Parry, Jim Proudfoot, Mark Tompkins, Alvin Martin and Frank Stapleton

They were the 2002 team for talksport

Surely one of them?
Report duffy June 20, 2022 2:00 PM BST
Not Parry either
Report SontaranStratagem June 22, 2022 11:36 PM BST
https://youtu.be/CNDBRU6GfvE

Found this on youtube which was talk sport 2002 world cup stuff
Post Your Reply
<CTRL+Enter> to submit
Please login to post a reply.

Wonder

Instance ID: 13539