Forums
Welcome to Live View – Take the tour to learn more
Start Tour
There is currently 1 person viewing this thread.
mecca
20 May 22 12:49
| Topic/replies: 8,335 | Blogger: mecca's blog
Retiring .... No more "Mike Dean shows" in matches, now there are plenty of interviews with him.... obviously looking for a job in the media
Show More
Report ----you-have-to-laugh--- May 20, 2022 1:42 PM BST
There seem to be a few of these dinosaur look at me refs
reaching the end of their career, ruining football.

Let's hope they are kept away from VAR
Report tony6499 May 20, 2022 7:52 PM BST
Moss and Atkinson going too, trouble is the new refs are going to be the useless ones from the Championship so things will get worse
Report Poppydog. May 20, 2022 9:08 PM BST
All three officials have been left off the most high-profile games of the weekend as Atkinson will be at Crystal Palace vs Manchester United, Dean will officiate Chelsea vs Watford, and Moss will be the man in the middle for Leicester City vs Southampton.
Report lurka May 20, 2022 9:10 PM BST
Dean would have loved the chance to swing the title as a send-off
Report SontaranStratagem May 20, 2022 9:11 PM BST

May 20, 2022 -- 7:52PM, tony6499 wrote:

Moss and Atkinson going too, trouble is the new refs are going to be the useless ones from the Championship so things will get worse

Oh christ

The prem fans whining about the current lot are in for a shock when Langfield and co turn up regularily in the prem Crazy

Report SontaranStratagem May 20, 2022 9:13 PM BST
A leg breaker is a foul the other way and a clean tackle is a red card offence...
Report The Dragon May 20, 2022 9:24 PM BST
The problem with mike dean was it was all about mike dean. could have been a decent ref if he had kept his ego out of it
Report SontaranStratagem May 21, 2022 12:46 AM BST
I was listening to a Ben Foster podcast a few weeks back and he said Dean said this “assist from Mike Dean” after I think Watford scored

The bloke sounded like a total c*nt if you ask me, the ref is suppose to be impartial ffs, so theyve admitted with that they are anything but sometimes
Report HallGreenSpy May 21, 2022 9:28 AM BST
Shows you how bad a state we are in when he would be considered one of the better ones these days. Won't miss Atkinson who has always been a homer ref or Moss who is probably the most out of condition ref ever and had the performances to match.
Report FATTIEWHITEYSLOVEADRINK May 21, 2022 9:56 AM BST
Loved by us Westham fans
NOT
Report wallis May 21, 2022 2:39 PM BST
Best referee in the league.  The only one you can trust to pull a card out when its needed instead to trying to keep everyone on the pitch because Scudamore and the Premier League have told the refs not to send anyone off in their TV games.  What was it they told the refs a few years ago " Remember you are in the entertainment business..."    Now we will be left with refs doing what they are told than reffing to the rules.
Report FatherMaguire May 24, 2022 10:34 AM BST
totally agree, historically he was the only ref with the balls to send off players from the big 4 unless it was absolutely impossible not to
Report CLYDEBANK29 May 24, 2022 10:55 AM BST
Mike Dean "the penalty king"

Great ref who never shirked from big decisions.  I used to also look out for penalty takers whenever he was reffing.  There used to be a bookie that bet on whether the first or last goal was a penalty, which was a value bet imo if the ref was Mike Dean.  Recall him giving a pen in injury time in a Chelsea Fulham game many moons ago.  It was 0-0 and I was on both.  It was missed Cry  Bet247 I think they were called and they were bought by Unibet a few months later iirc
Report CLYDEBANK29 May 24, 2022 11:08 AM BST
Just goes to show reffing is a subjective subject.  I always considered him the best ref in the PL.
Report BonnieDday May 25, 2022 4:20 PM BST
I have to declare my position in the apparent minority here.

In my view, Dean was one of the best referees around. He wasn't intimidated by overpaid over ego inflated players who spit venom in the faces of most other refs whenever a decision goes against them. The same can be said for Michael Oliver and Anthony Taylor. Oliver in particular is magnificent for his disdainful look at anyone challenging his decisions and I have noted that for the most part, players don't even bother arguing with him. Taylor too doesn't hesitate to brandish the red card if he believes it's merited according to the laws of the game.

I give these examples as I always felt those three referees were better for the game as a spectacle and did not allow themselves to be bullied or coerced into doing what the lily livered sycophantic administrators demand of them in the interests of their versions of entertainment.
Report duffy May 25, 2022 4:51 PM BST
Sky and BT will be falling over themselves to get him on board....an absolute certainty that.
Report BonnieDday May 25, 2022 4:58 PM BST
I agree duffy and what an asset he would be. Will call it as he sees it, regardless of whose feathers he might ruffle. I can't wait.
Report HallGreenSpy May 25, 2022 5:03 PM BST
Still be in the refs union. Will do just what Pete Walton does every time and back the referee. They are totally pointless.
Report duffy May 25, 2022 5:08 PM BST
I disagree, he has an ego, he'll want to stand out and shock, he'll want to be the Piers Morgan of ref punditry.Grin
Report HallGreenSpy May 25, 2022 5:09 PM BST
Maybe duffy. Time to ASK THE DEAN! Cue flashing lights. Laugh
Report duffy May 25, 2022 5:34 PM BST
You want to quickly patent that and let Sky and BT enter a bidding war to get it off youGrin
Report Aspro May 25, 2022 5:43 PM BST

May 25, 2022 -- 5:03PM, HallGreenSpy wrote:

Still be in the refs union. Will do just what Pete Walton does every time and back the referee. They are totally pointless.

Couldn't agree more, waste of airtime as a rule, but Dean might be a welcomed change. Also agree with Oliver; the best for me.

Report wallis May 28, 2022 12:45 PM BST
If Dean gets that "agree with everyone" prat Walton off the TV its worth it.
Post Your Reply
<CTRL+Enter> to submit
Please login to post a reply.

Wonder

Instance ID: 13539
www.betfair.com