Forums
Welcome to Live View – Take the tour to learn more
Start Tour
There is currently 1 person viewing this thread.
tobermory
13 May 22 22:54
| Topic/replies: 56,041 | Blogger: tobermory's blog
Seems the damages she could get if she won this libel case would be no more than 40k

Evidence is overwhelming that she did exactly what Coleen Rooney accused her of.

The legal fees could be a million.

So she has had a bet with about a 5% chance of winning at odds of about 1.05

Plain
Pause Switch to Standard View Rebekha Vardy : how dumb is this person?
Show More
Report brassneck May 13, 2022 11:06 PM BST
There is no such thing as bad publicity,every cloud has a silver lining.Wink
Report tobermory May 13, 2022 11:08 PM BST
I dunno how she could monetize this really.

What do these celeb nonentity shows pay nowadays?
Report brassneck May 13, 2022 11:17 PM BST
i bet Gucci are on the phone begging both ladies to carry a GUCCI hand bag into court.Grin
Report SontaranStratagem May 14, 2022 12:33 AM BST
Aye its the publicity this gains

Utterly pathetic really, how anyone could sit and watch this dross playing out is mind bending
Report tobermory May 14, 2022 1:17 AM BST
True Sont, I thought 'WAGS' was a 2006, Sven Era thing.

But I was seeing headlines at the top of every news site about this for a week, so finally read an article to see what it was about.

I'd assumed it was a 'six of one/half a dozen the other' type case. But it turns out all the evidence is on one side, even though Mrs Vardy brought the case (must have taken abysmal legal advice).

And she is a disaster under questioning. Every time Colleen's QC asked a question she broke down crying and complained he was bullying her Cry
Report SontaranStratagem May 14, 2022 2:10 AM BST
Women will buckle quickly under intense questioning

Women cry men get violent
Report vidou May 14, 2022 10:28 AM BST
These people are so far up their own ars$e$ they are totally out of touch with reality - it is frightening. The Judge warned her three times that any subsequent damages would be far out-weighed by the legal costs that proceeding with the case was totally pointless but she goes ahead. Wayne is in court every day with Coleen but Jamie is nowhere to be seen - says everything really
Report elise May 14, 2022 10:54 AM BST
i would have expected that the "winner" (if there is one) will have their costs awarded against the loser, so in effect if vardy wins she'll have a small amount of compensation at best and rooney would be left with around a 2m bill for costs plus thr damages, there's a chance that not all costs would get covered & so vardy could win and end up still out of pocket
Report CLYDEBANK29 May 14, 2022 11:10 AM BST
The most ridiculous court case in my lifetime.  Two brain dead cells living off their husband's cash and fame with an inflated opinion of themselves because of it.
Report CLYDEBANK29 May 14, 2022 11:11 AM BST
They can't see that nearly everyone is laughing at them
Report elise May 14, 2022 11:26 AM BST
lawyers and tabloids are loving it though, even sky news have been running the story ahead of ukraine and boris some days, the world is fecked up
Report CLYDEBANK29 May 14, 2022 11:49 AM BST
Anyone would think Ms Vardy had a reputation and career to protect
Report SlippyBlue May 14, 2022 12:51 PM BST
Jamie Vardy & Wayne Rooney need to find out where their wives have hidden them and then get a decent surgeon to sew them back on.
Report SlippyBlue May 14, 2022 12:53 PM BST
They should have just shook hands and walked away and give the million to Dame Deborah James's just giving page.
Report morpteh mackem May 14, 2022 1:05 PM BST

May 14, 2022 -- 12:53PM, SlippyBlue wrote:

They should have just shook hands and walked away and give the million to Dame Deborah James's just giving page.

rooney tried to settle it out of court and in a civil manner, vardy wouldnt have any of it as she had done nuffink wrong

Report SlippyBlue May 14, 2022 1:08 PM BST
Ok, thanks for that m.m. I didn't know that. I'm not exactly following it very closely ! Laugh
Report morpteh mackem May 14, 2022 1:13 PM BST

May 14, 2022 -- 1:08PM, SlippyBlue wrote:

Ok, thanks for that m.m. I didn't know that. I'm not exactly following it very closely !

neither me, but did hear that, vardy has nothing to gain by going to court and everything to lose, as alluded to in above posts , fact jamie hasnt turned up speaks volumes- she has been ill advised to say the least.

Report Whisperingdeath May 14, 2022 1:15 PM BST
Quite amusing for people who like tittle tattle. It might be a lot of money but these people have plenty. We cannot comprehend it. its like getting a parking ticket. Unpalatable but we can pay and life goes on.

Sadly her husband will easily make the money back and even she with her big mouth might get some deals to tell her story.

If you like this sort of stuff just enjoy it! zzzzzzzzzzzzz
Report Emitdeb May 14, 2022 2:08 PM BST
Everyone pointing out they have no interest but showing an interest at the same time... Fascinating      https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5vrXKlO2Jbw&ab_channel=DavidHazard
Report 11kv May 14, 2022 2:42 PM BST
(')(') lips and arses................
Report tony6499 May 14, 2022 3:18 PM BST
I bet Jamie Vardy is happy seeing his wages spunked away like this, probably have to get a transfer now to pay for it
Report Emitdeb May 14, 2022 3:46 PM BST
Really is a cringe fest for the two boys... What must they be thinking?
Report Whisperingdeath May 14, 2022 3:59 PM BST
how much is it going to cost Vardy a million...and a half even? Whats is that 3 months wages? Very much doubt he or his family will go hungry! She can sell her story and once the agent dies can paint her as the villain! You can't really blame Mr Rooney or Mr Vardy although perhaps Mr Vardy should have given her a metaphoric slap!

Happy wife = Happy life.

I daresay Mr Rooney can continue getting drunk in the company of those sort of girls for a few weeks while Mr Vardy is going to be miserable as sin for months and I daresay be reconsidering his retirement from International Football!
Report akabula May 14, 2022 4:59 PM BST
CLYDEBANK29
The most ridiculous court case in my lifetime.  Two brain dead cells living off their husband's cash and fame with an inflated opinion of themselves because of it.

The case in a nutshell. Ludicrous waste of their husbands money.
Report Wesdag May 14, 2022 7:56 PM BST
Tbf, it was Vardy who brought the case after she was called out for leaking stories to the press.

She didn't have to.
Report thelatarps May 15, 2022 6:36 PM BST
Somebody hacked RV insta account, as I understand it.
No prizes for guessing right. Just look for the entertainment editor of the tabloid with the worst track record for this sort of thing.
i.e. they dont get many sales in a certain city in the north west of england.

For all the headlines CR garnered for her 'wagatha christie' deeds, she really ought to have been aware of the UK insanely strict libel laws.
Again as I  understand the situation, because of Vardy's relative late blossoming as a superstar footballer, Goodwife Vardy is seen as something of a parvenu in what may be called the wag circles.
someone had to take her down a peg or two. CR had herself a crusade. And given the wealth of these people there probably wont be any losers.
Report tobermory May 15, 2022 6:43 PM BST
What evidence is there that her account was hacked?

There was evidence of RV discussing Coleen stories, and her agent says "we can't use that it's set to private"

I will be astounded if RV wins.
Report Wesdag May 15, 2022 6:46 PM BST
Lol, no-one hacked her account
Report tobermory May 15, 2022 7:19 PM BST
as I  understand the situation, because of Vardy's relative late blossoming as a superstar footballer, Goodwife Vardy is seen as something of a parvenu in what may be called the wag circles.
someone had to take her down a peg or two

There may be some truth to that.

The 'originals' just married footballers at a time when this did not necessarily bring any fame with it, but they managed, with the media, to create the WAG phenomena during the Sven days.

The suspicion with RV is that she wanted to become a WAG and so married a footballer.
Report Emitdeb May 15, 2022 7:33 PM BST
She's a Jehovahs witness, you know... FACT. Just saying... (Hope that's not racist)
Report Whisperingdeath May 15, 2022 9:18 PM BST
Parvenu

Kwality!
Report SontaranStratagem May 15, 2022 11:32 PM BST
The wag days are over in terms of football wives

What they created is a lasting demographic of wannabe wag like women who use social media to promote beauty cr@p
Report SlippyBlue May 16, 2022 1:29 PM BST
Yes indeed, "parvenu" is a much underused word in this world of ours.
Report Whisperingdeath May 16, 2022 3:26 PM BST
It's been so long I forgot what it meant!

Well done the tarps. Forum laureate!
Post Your Reply
<CTRL+Enter> to submit
Please login to post a reply.

Wonder

Instance ID: 13539
www.betfair.com