Forums
Welcome to Live View – Take the tour to learn more
Start Tour
There is currently 1 person viewing this thread.
haplessamatuer
15 Apr 22 10:41
| Topic/replies: 4,835 | Blogger: haplessamatuer's blog
define  relegation  now
Pause Switch to Standard View burnley sack Dyche
Show More
Report 11kv April 15, 2022 10:52 AM BST
madness
Report rommel April 15, 2022 10:52 AM BST
relegation is a demotion of a team to a lower league
Report rommel April 15, 2022 10:53 AM BST
madness were a sh*** band of cockernees
Report 11kv April 15, 2022 10:55 AM BST
Night Boat to Rawtenstall
Report mecca April 15, 2022 10:58 AM BST
Dyche to Old Trafford ?
Report 1st time poster April 15, 2022 11:11 AM BST
to be fair last throw of dice and it waas a desperate display at norwich if they couldnt raise a leg for that nothing to lose by getting shot,reminded me of robson,s  boro performance at leeds ,ABJECT
Report sparrow April 15, 2022 11:16 AM BST
Its very hard for smaller clubs competing in the Premier League with the vast budget differences.
Report HallGreenSpy April 15, 2022 11:20 AM BST
That's gratitude for ya. Crazy imo.
Report Aspro April 15, 2022 11:24 AM BST
I'd have pictured them as a decent bet to come straight back up with Dyche. The club must be looking for a new direction... Division Two!
Report The Dragon April 15, 2022 12:16 PM BST
madness and such a well run club who have been punching above their weghy for years.

can only think its the new owners who will no doubt ruin a really well run club.

shame for dyche - did not deserve to be sacked for sure.

maybe there is more to this than meet the eye
Report ----you-have-to-laugh--- April 15, 2022 12:34 PM BST
One last throw of the dyche by Burnley.
Report loui April 15, 2022 12:49 PM BST
They must know Roy is available soon
Report rommel April 15, 2022 1:24 PM BST
shirley this is a job for keannnnnnnnnno
Report rommel April 15, 2022 1:37 PM BST
squeaky bum time-saf
Report rommel April 15, 2022 1:38 PM BST
only takes a second to score a goal-clough
Report rommel April 15, 2022 1:44 PM BST
Some people believe football is a matter of life and death, I am very disappointed with that attitude. I can assure you it is much, much more important than that-bill shankly
Report rommel April 15, 2022 1:44 PM BST
get up you c***-roy keane
Report SontaranStratagem April 15, 2022 1:54 PM BST
I’d love to know where this prem money goes for some of them though. Burnley apparently in debt to their eyeballs and in trouble if they go down yet they spend nothing and have sold Wood...

Where does that money go because it certainly isn’t the club and it’s almost as if their pocketing the money and putting the debt in the clubs name eh...
Report SontaranStratagem April 15, 2022 1:56 PM BST
Clubs are being used for money laundering

Same happened at Derby under mad Mel, there’s no way that club should be on the verge of liquidation yet they lost their stadium, the previous owner took all the money and scarpered after putting them into administration..

It’s time fans started sorting this out
Report tony6499 April 15, 2022 3:02 PM BST
New American owners borrowed to buy and are in a mess if/when they go down , can't see anyone doing better than Dyche with so few matches left
Report LoyalHoncho April 15, 2022 3:35 PM BST
I agree sparrow.  There was always going to come a season when the war of attrition to stay above the zone was lost.
He had to sell his main striker too, as average as he was, which wouldn;t have helped.  It;s hard to see them staying up but who knows.
Good luck to him,
Report drive for show putt for dough April 15, 2022 4:16 PM BST
SontaranStratagem 15 Apr 22 13:54 
I’d love to know where this prem money goes for some of them though. Burnley apparently in debt to their eyeballs and in trouble if they go down yet they spend nothing and have sold Wood...

Where does that money go because it certainly isn’t the club and it’s almost as if their pocketing the money and putting the debt in the clubs name eh...

Burnley had a leveraged buyout. Yanks used the clubs own money 40million of it and then borrowed 100.

Burnley heading for the next club free falling down the leagues with a shed load of debt
Report snowynoon April 15, 2022 5:05 PM BST
Know nothing of their financial situation ,but anyone who knows football will scratch their heads at this crazy decision .Dyche was their best asset in their attempt to beat the drop ,ticks all the boxes ,been in the situation before ,knows the club inside out ,has respect of the players and the fans ,crazy decision .
Report sparrow April 15, 2022 6:08 PM BST
Maybe Dyche told the owners a few home truths about the situation at the club and they didn't like it, but who knows.
Report elise April 15, 2022 6:23 PM BST
burnley's situation is not dissimilar to a number of clubs that have been taken over in recent years, the new owners screwed the deal and hocked the club to buy off the old shareholders
Report Racingqueen April 15, 2022 6:33 PM BST
Mind blowingly stupid decision given he's hadn't been given a penny to spend

You would have to question why any foreign investor would want to buy a club like Burnley. It is and always will be a local club for the local people. I don't mean that in a disrespectful way.
Report sofaking April 15, 2022 6:35 PM BST
Fat Sam Allardyve has just been spotted at Burnley airport?  Coincidence?
Report GoBallistic April 15, 2022 6:39 PM BST
Trying to think of a worse decision in the history of football but so far, nothing
Report sofaking April 15, 2022 6:39 PM BST

Apr 15, 2022 -- 6:35PM, sofaking wrote:

Fat Sam Allardyve has just been spotted at Burnley airport?

Report SontaranStratagem April 15, 2022 6:40 PM BST
So the owners technically don’t own the club then Plain using the clubs money to buy it is the most ridiculous idiocy nd sums football up

Mel Morris actually made a sh!t ton of money out of Derby, he’s richer now than he was before ffs

These scumbags are fleecing clubs and then leaving the fans to pick up the pieces

As one Derby fan said to me, why the fook should the fans bail them out? Fans of other clubs criticising Derby fans for not “doing more to help” Crazy it’s pathetic to me that

Fans shouldn’t be footing any bill

Multi millionaires coming in fleecing then sodding off

Feel for Burnley, all those years of saving and banking the lolly only to then have it just taken away anyway to foot a bill for some rich suits
Report LoyalHoncho April 15, 2022 7:37 PM BST
I know exactly what you mean RQ and it is a very fair and valid point.
Report impossible123 April 15, 2022 7:49 PM BST
Man Utd was the same. The present owners borrowed to the hilt against the clubs assets; sold Renaldo too early at his prime to help pay interest on the financial arrangement. The lucky thing was Man Utd has a bigger more solid fan base and lucky with their purchases (players) and manager (Ferguson).

Imagine what Man Utd could have won with Ronaldo, Ferguson and an owner with deep pocket eg owner of Man City/Chelsea and Liverpool.
Report tobermory April 15, 2022 8:04 PM BST
Ronaldo wanted to go to Real Madrid, nothing to do with the Glazers.

Fergie persuaded him - in Summer 2008 - to stay one more season, understanding he could go in 2009. At that point what else could they do: sit him in the stands?

No mega rich owner is ever likely to buy United. You have to pay $4 Billion on Day 1 just to takeover and have a team that is not especially good with a dilapidated stadium. Why would anyone do that when you could buy Villa/Leeds for £250M, buy the best possible squad over 3 years, pay for the extra wages and ground improvements and end up spending less than £2 Billion in 3 years.
Report SontaranStratagem April 15, 2022 8:44 PM BST
I don’t think majority of owners ever risk a penny of their own money ever

Owners like Abromovich and the oil men at City are a very big minority

Majority of them fleece the club and leave them in a right mess afterwards
Report SontaranStratagem April 15, 2022 8:46 PM BST
They kept saying they’d learned after Ridsdale and Leeds but 20 years later and clubs like Portsmouth, Bolton, Wigan, Derby etc have all been had by similar owners

Time to stop listening to the so called idiot governing bodies and protect the clubs ourselves
Report SontaranStratagem April 15, 2022 8:47 PM BST
Add Burnley to that list as well if this is true
Report s.kenbo April 15, 2022 10:18 PM BST
Rommel @ 10.52. Laugh
Report Capt__F April 15, 2022 10:22 PM BST
strange 1 for sure

only 1 person keep B up DycheSad
Report lurka April 15, 2022 10:44 PM BST
Mad decision and mad timing.

They have only 4 wins but 3 of them came in the last 9. Cornet was out for almost 2 months before that and he's back fit now. They have a friendly run-in too. Everton's is pretty nasty. Chances of staying up massively reduced imo.
Report drive for show putt for dough April 15, 2022 11:05 PM BST
snowynoon 15 Apr 22 17:05 
Know nothing of their financial situation ,but anyone who knows football will scratch their heads at this crazy decision .Dyche was their best asset in their attempt to beat the drop ,ticks all the boxes ,been in the situation before ,knows the club inside out ,has respect of the players and the fans ,crazy decision .

Dyche was going at the end of the season regardless of whether they stayed up or not

Burnley are fcuked if they go down

This is the last throw of the dice
Report Des Pond April 15, 2022 11:57 PM BST
I wonder if he lost the trust of some of the players. They've had some strange performances lately. One game against Chelsea stands out, when the players really didn't look like they were trying. I might well be wrong, but maybe some of the players were getting sick of him. It happens to most managers at some point, unless they're consistently successful.
Report SontaranStratagem April 16, 2022 12:07 AM BST

Apr 15, 2022 -- 11:05PM, drive for show putt for dough wrote:

snowynoon 15 Apr 22 17:05

Report SontaranStratagem April 16, 2022 12:08 AM BST
Not even parachute payments saving them?

It amazes me the fans never question anything until the SHTF

I mean 7 seasons in the prem out of the past 8 (the other being a title winning promotion) picking up the big tv money and banking it, barely spending any of it... and somehow their skint without a pot to pi33 in Crazy

Jesus Christ it’s not like they spent anything on turf moor either, it’s still a shed of a stadium after 8 years of decent success
Report Whisperingdeath April 16, 2022 9:57 AM BST

GoBallistic 15 Apr 22 18:39

Trying to think of a worse decision in the history of football but so far, nothing

Oh dear,

That is really an easy one and respect to Charlton fans for this because football fans are not known for the clarity and honesty of their thinking.

Alan Curbishley has taken us as far as he can.Laugh

Be careful what you wish for!
Report lovegod April 16, 2022 10:35 AM BST
I'm a Charlton fan and I never heard anyone say that about Curbishley, we had a great time with him in charge.
Report FATTIEWHITEYSLOVEADRINK April 16, 2022 12:02 PM BST
Remember them saying that about curbs
I’ve got charlton mates they said the same wish they never let him go now !!!
Report Whisperingdeath April 16, 2022 5:36 PM BST
You never heard that lovegod?

Radio 5 live every Saturday. Curbishley has taken us as far as he can. I would scream at the Radio. Taken you as far as he can alright!

I dont particularly like Sean Dyche or the brand of football he has to play but by God Burnley fans must be grateful fir what he did for them.
Report LoyalHoncho April 16, 2022 6:17 PM BST
Brilliant summing up.  He has worked the oracle season after season with the meagrest of means and assets.  He may never get the the chance but I long wondered how he would fare elsewhere with a bigger club?
Report Whisperingdeath April 16, 2022 11:59 PM BST
That’s right. We need somebody to take us to the next level!
Report 1st time poster April 17, 2022 10:21 AM BST
arguing over dyche compo 15 mill jesus 15 mill,there,s your 1st season parachute money gone plus thg 2nd years on getting a new coaching staff in
Report lurka April 17, 2022 11:16 AM BST
parachute payment is about 40m in the first year. he has 3 years left on 100k a week which is 15m but they won't have to pay him all of it. Prob more like 5m. They only gave him the new deal in Sept so it makes the decision even more baffling. He's the best man for the job to keep them up and to get them promoted again if he doesn't. The owners must want to play more attractive football but prob don't realise that they don't have the players.
Report 1st time poster April 17, 2022 11:43 AM BST
100 grand a week to manage a team to hardly create a chance week in week out,
somethings gone wrong with the burnley model when after their run in EPL and the money every team nows has ,theyve ended up with their worst team, centre backs ,goalie apart wont be many epl teams fighting over the rest
Report LoyalHoncho April 17, 2022 3:39 PM BST
Jenas reckons there has been a fall out somewhere within.  Couldn;t comment but every manager has a shelf life I suppose and he;s had a great run.  But as lurka says - a very good point - who would be better suited to bring them back up should they go down?  Still ahead at the London Stadium so there is still fight there.
Report 1st time poster April 17, 2022 5:22 PM BST
has cornet got a scouse accent or an everton contract in his back pocket,
Report lurka April 17, 2022 7:46 PM BST
Cornet scored the winner v Everton a couple of games ago
Report SontaranStratagem April 17, 2022 9:11 PM BST
100k a week for dycheyball Laugh

Burnley will find out he’s their one man type, once he’s gone that will probably be it and back to their natural level of bottom champ/league 1
Report SontaranStratagem April 17, 2022 9:12 PM BST
And to be honest it’ll be the same for Dyche as well in my opinion, Burnley and him were right for each other and it was his perfect club
Report SontaranStratagem April 17, 2022 9:13 PM BST
I did think that with Howe as well though but he’s done well with a much bigger club since leaving Bournemouth
Report lurka April 17, 2022 10:51 PM BST
If he was on 400k a week there he'd have been worth every penny given the amount of PL money he's secured for the club. He's taken them down and straight back up once before too. Paying to get rid of the most valuable man at the club. The only thing that makes sense is a falling out or major incident but no reports of that yet.
Report sparrow April 18, 2022 8:46 AM BST
Spot on lurka. Some people have no understanding of the economics but I also think there must have been a falling out somewhere.
Report ----you-have-to-laugh--- April 18, 2022 5:21 PM BST
Next Burnley manager
Chris Wilder – 7-4
Sam Allardyce 2-1
Wayne Rooney – 15-2
Michael Duff – 10-1
David Unsworth 12-1
Slaven Bilic – 14-1
Chris Hughton – 14-1
Rafael Benitez – 16-1
Ole Gunnar Solskjaer 20-1
Daniel Farke – 20-1

Odds via Betfair 18/4/22
Report The Dragon April 18, 2022 5:32 PM BST
ths id the same as man utd, new ownrs borrow monet to buy the club.
shouls not be allowed

club in free fall from now in
Post Your Reply
<CTRL+Enter> to submit
Please login to post a reply.

Wonder

Instance ID: 13539
www.betfair.com