Forums
Welcome to Live View – Take the tour to learn more
Start Tour
There is currently 1 person viewing this thread.
Slicer
08 Apr 22 19:17
| Topic/replies: 10,526 | Blogger: Slicer's blog
I've been considering stopping betting on the horses for the last year or so. It's no longer enjoyable with all the "things" that are obvious to a lot on here. It's a game of snakes & ladders. My age & health are now against me & I've decided that my next losing bet will be my last bet, so no more horses. I've always had a reasonable run on football so all my bets will now be on that sport. I don't know how long my bank will last as I will not be replenishing it if & when lost. The reason for this posting is to say a potential goodbye to my many friends, collaborators, acquaintances & even some enemas. I've put my whole bank on the Seville/ Grenada game tonight. Once in a while a game fulfills all MY criteria for a decent punt & this is tonight's. If I lose, that's it for me after around 20 years on here. I've got broad shoulders so I can stand criticism & comments like "see you tomorrow" after posts of this nature. But please no insults. In my time on here, I've tried to edumacate & inform my fellow forumites. But so many threads turn into arguments & insults which I stay away from. Frankly the forums are almost as good as dead anyway with hardly any newcomers starting. If you don't hear from me again, you'll know the bet tonight was lost. If indeed it is lost, I wish almost everyone good luck, health & safety in the trying times for the world. I hope the good guys prosper. This could be goodbye.
I won't be making any further comment until after the game if I win. If I lose- Buona fortuna & adios.
Pause Switch to Standard View Maybe goodbye from Dr Slicer
Show More
Report CLYDEBANK29 April 8, 2022 7:35 PM BST
Bit risky to put your whole bank on Granada
Report badjoe April 8, 2022 7:55 PM BST
Good luck slicer, if you don't mind me asking, what is your bet on the game?, and I'll cheer it on, I have Seville to score 2 x goals as part of a treble,so I have an interest here too.
Report sofaking April 8, 2022 8:13 PM BST
Good luck with your bet. Cool
Report SontaranStratagem April 8, 2022 8:31 PM BST
I know how you feel esp after a long winter,where by mid March it’s getting rather boring and stale sitting around twiddling your thumbs betting

I run a lot bit in mid winter it’s still only about 2 hours out the house. I love it when it gets to late March and I can get out for 4 or 5 hours, middle of summer I’m out for a good 6 hours or more just running and walking, farmers have put their cattle back in the fields and it’s nice with the sun higher and the blooming etc

Gambling is boring after a while in my opinion
Report Des Pond April 8, 2022 8:55 PM BST
best of luck mate, whatever you decide to do. Happy
Report Blockfire April 8, 2022 9:07 PM BST
All the best Slicer, and like Sonts said.. Gambling is definitely boring if you do it constantly.. More to life then gambling Grin
Report SontaranStratagem April 8, 2022 9:59 PM BST
Need something else to do other than gambling agreed block

Running is a laugh if you time trial and stuff personally

Gambling is fun for a bit and then it just gets a bit boring as winter drags on, plus losing money is ever good anyway even if it is peanuts, just tossing £100 away is annoying Laugh
Report mecca April 8, 2022 10:03 PM BST
Hopefully you backed goals in this match ...
Report CLYDEBANK29 April 8, 2022 10:27 PM BST
never in doubt
Report Slicer April 9, 2022 10:24 AM BST
Well guys & gals & those in between, the bet won, but it's just delaying the inevitable because one of these bets is gonna lose. Thanks for your interest & good wishes with particular thanks to Bad, Sofa, Des, Block& anyone I've missed. I've identified a bet on the football this afternoon which fulfills all MY criteria for another massive punt. Interestingly enough my bet last night appeared to move the market, but of course I could be mistaken. I'll wait for the team news later before committing, but my terms & conditions stand-if I lose that's it. I'll reveal the game at about 2.45 UK time when I've placed the bet, Again, thanks for the interest & good wishes. Let's hope it's another winner. Good luck to nearly all of you.
Report CLYDEBANK29 April 9, 2022 1:21 PM BST
WD Slicer, figured it was prolly Seville you were on or overs/unders  It's Benham Bloom or their ilk who move the market Wink
Report Slicer April 9, 2022 2:43 PM BST
On this one I definitely moved the market! The game is Wrexham v Eastleigh. Same conditions-if I win, see ya. If I lose, adios.
Report CLYDEBANK29 April 9, 2022 2:58 PM BST
Slicer your bets are only getting matched by bots linked to the Asian market
Report CLYDEBANK29 April 9, 2022 3:00 PM BST
the odds may move a bit but if they move away enough from the Asian parameters they'll get matched
Report Slicer April 9, 2022 3:13 PM BST
OOps- Layed Eastleigh.
Report 11kv April 9, 2022 4:34 PM BST
1-2 still time for another goal or 2
Report 11kv April 9, 2022 4:44 PM BST
2-2
Report 11kv April 9, 2022 5:11 PM BST
3-2 Cool
Report SlippyBlue April 9, 2022 5:45 PM BST
Looks like we have the good Dr.S. for a bit longer.

Happy
Report CLYDEBANK29 April 9, 2022 6:04 PM BST
WD Happy
Report CLYDEBANK29 April 9, 2022 6:05 PM BST
Best to retire on the top
Report Slicer April 9, 2022 6:12 PM BST
Thank you 11kv, Clyde & Slippy. Wrexham made hard work of it. But if you gamble you have to go through the ups & downs. My statististical assessment proved reasonably accurate although I was quite relieved when it went 2-2. I have to stick by my statististical guns. As long as the price is below around 15 I'm gonna go for it. This could be considered stupid laying at prices like that, but the object is to keep faith in my football assessments & when eventually wrong, give up. Thanks for your good wishes & I hope you prosper. btw, looking at a game tonight.
Report The Dragon April 11, 2022 10:06 AM BST
vwd Slicer - keep going M8 as long as it remains fun and enjoyable. I tend not to bet in the Sunmmer months footy is mostly over and prefer jumps to the flat. Much more to do outside also , allottment, walking the day etcv
Post Your Reply
<CTRL+Enter> to submit
Please login to post a reply.

Wonder

Instance ID: 13539
www.betfair.com