Forums
Welcome to Live View – Take the tour to learn more
Start Tour
There is currently 1 person viewing this thread.
SontaranStratagem
08 Apr 22 00:02
| Topic/replies: 40,910 | Blogger: SontaranStratagem's blog
Fulham up and Bournemouth one foot through the door but wobbling a bit, might be able to take advantage if they bottle it

The bottom 3 look done and heading for league 1 (Derby Barnsley and Peterborough), I can’t take any pleasure with Derby’s predictament as it’s all down to greedy suits rinsing them which is sad, it’s not their on field performances that have done for them but the unfair points deductions, the fans suffering again as per usual

I would make us and Boro the most likely in the playoff final, hopefully we finally get back to the place we haven’t been seen since 1999 Crazy
Pause Switch to Standard View Championship Run In And Playoffs
Show More
Report SontaranStratagem April 26, 2022 10:01 PM BST
Swansea did their job albeit being 3 up and leaving us sweating at 3 3

We have to match Bournemouth at the weekend and then its the biggest game in the past 20years for us next week, could be 2nd going into the final day
Report 11kv April 26, 2022 10:11 PM BST
You have momentum.......GL
Report barstool April 27, 2022 2:34 PM BST
Get over the line if you can. 3rd place can be the kiss of death.

Good luck to Forest. Bournemouth spent a fortune in January to ensure promotion, spending sums some clubs in the league can dream of. It will be quite a let down if they don't finish second now.
Report SontaranStratagem April 27, 2022 5:46 PM BST
Its probably himdered them though

Fulham didnt sign as many kept the squad happy and theyve coasted it without ever really breaking sweat, theyve been a 100 points team this season

We just need to do our bit and hope we can nick it on goal difference if thats what it comes down to, cooper has transformed us since taking charge bottom 5 after about 12 games Crazy
Report barstool April 28, 2022 1:46 PM BST
QPR v Sheffield an interesting one tomorrow. Must win for both.
Report barstool April 28, 2022 3:51 PM BST
That said QPR will need a mighty win with their goal differennce so much inferior.
Report SontaranStratagem April 28, 2022 7:03 PM BST
QPR fell apart weeks ago, same with Blackburn who since losing Brereton just havent been the same yet if they beat Bournemouth they could still sneak into the top 6
Report 11kv April 28, 2022 8:45 PM BST
Warburton gone at season end .

Bring on the next one ffs.

Timmy Sherwood
Alan Curbishley
Paul Ince

etc
etc
Report SontaranStratagem April 28, 2022 8:54 PM BST
I thought warburton did ok though

Yeah they fell away but so did sheff u the season before they went up

Hes a decent manager Warburton
Report 11kv April 28, 2022 9:05 PM BST
Yep thought after this seasons minor success of actually competing they may give him a little longer but no,be interesting who Sir Les appoints...
Report SontaranStratagem April 28, 2022 9:29 PM BST
I think we got in just in time for Cooper Happy

I didnt really rate him after two playoff defeats with parachute money but hes done ok Mischief
Report 11kv April 28, 2022 9:38 PM BST
got u playing and confidence will be a big part if you have to go into the play offs
Report SontaranStratagem April 29, 2022 2:18 AM BST
Aye 11

Since he took over 34 games ago we’ve picked up the most points, we could actually have oicked up 4 points more than Fulham if we win the next two ie game in hand, amazing really. Hughton signed the olayers doing it but couldnt get them playing as a team.
Report 11kv April 29, 2022 10:00 PM BST
Poor display from Rangers tonight ,Sheff much the better team puts them in the last play off position for now...
Report SontaranStratagem April 29, 2022 10:47 PM BST
I think thats Sheff U in and really wouldnt want to play them over two legs so finishing 4th might be better if they finish 6th, if we dint get 2nd but theres no way we aint goingfor maximum points with being so close to 2nd

Whoever finishes 3rd out of us or Bournemouth will be dissapointed and then having to face Sheff U over two legs will be a real kick in the gut
Report SontaranStratagem April 30, 2022 6:57 PM BST
Its down to this game Tuesday biggest game since the league 1 final day back 15 years ago

Win that and its entirely in our hands Scared
Report tobermory May 1, 2022 7:20 PM BST
Forest must have been odds on for relegation when they had 1 point from 7 games.

Be amazing to get automatic promotion.
Report SontaranStratagem May 1, 2022 7:23 PM BST
Aye

Its a bit frustrating now that start to the season, wed have possibly won the league had Cooper been here from the start Crazy
Report CLYDEBANK29 May 1, 2022 10:30 PM BST
If Boro beat Preston 2-0 and Sheff Utd draw 1-1 with Fulham they will both be P46 F60 A46 PTS 73 +14
Report CLYDEBANK29 May 1, 2022 10:30 PM BST
Boro will finish ahead having won more games
Report SontaranStratagem May 1, 2022 11:19 PM BST
Luton could yet miss out on top 6

But I wouldnt want to meet either Sheff U or Boro over two legs having finished 3rd and just missed out on top 2

This is why I think Bournemouth will go for it more on Tuesday and look to get it done, which could play into our hands
Report thurnscoe thunder May 3, 2022 7:18 AM BST
Clydebank, the EFL rules state that if teams finish dead level then it would go on the head to head record between them first in order of points, GD then goals scored, if that was level it would then go onto games won.
Sheff Utd would be the higher club having beat Boro 4-1 at home and lost 2-0 away.
Report thurnscoe thunder May 3, 2022 7:20 AM BST
Method of Determining League Positions

9.1          At the end of each Season the Club in each Division scoring the highest number of points shall be declared the Champion Club of that Division. Three points shall be awarded for each League Match won. One point will be awarded to each Club for a drawn match. If two or more Clubs have scored the same number of points their position in the Division shall be determined on goal difference, that is to say, the difference between the total number of goals scored by and against a Club in League Matches in that Season, and the higher or highest placed Club shall be the Club with the highest goal difference. If any two or more Clubs have scored the same number of points and have the same goal difference the higher or highest placed Club shall be the Club having scored the most goals in League Matches in that Season.

9.2          If two or more Clubs have the same number of points, goal difference and goals scored the highest placed Club shall be determined by the respective League records against each other, taking into account in order of precedence, points gained, goal difference and goals scored.

9.3          If the above procedures do not separate the Clubs then the highest placed Club shall be determined by reference to the following criteria, in the order prescribed:

9.3.1      number of wins;

9.3.2      goals scored in away games; or

9.3.3      in accordance with the provisions of Regulation 9.4.
Report CLYDEBANK29 May 3, 2022 12:50 PM BST
Cheers for the correction tt.  I must've misread it
Report SontaranStratagem May 3, 2022 8:56 PM BST
Congrats to Bournemouth

We were poor 2nd half Sad ran out of steam maybe

Rest players saturday and get them up for the playoffs
Report SontaranStratagem May 3, 2022 9:01 PM BST
Bournemouth will be relieved after their janaury player incomings in my opinion

Theyve been under pressure to go up after that and have done it fortunetely for them

I dunno if 4th is better than 3rd here though, it might end up being 3rd now after Lutons thrashing yesterday abeit jf they win on saturday

I dont think it matters who you face youve got to beat them either in the final or over 2 legs

I dont want to be playing Boro either though Laugh
Report tobermory May 3, 2022 11:56 PM BST
Hate the play off format. There is no advantage at all to finishing 3rd rather than 6th because of the 2 legged tie. 'Playing the 2nd leg at home is a big advantage' is one of those myths that all pundits believe in.

What would be better IMO...

6 teams in the play offs and no two legged ties.

Round 1 - 5th home to 8th & 6th home to 7th

Semis -  3rd home to lowest remaining finisher, 4th home to the next lowest.

More teams making the play offs would keep season alive for several more clubs. But the finishing position would be a much bigger factor. An 8th place team would need to win 2 away games to make the final. A 3rd place team just 1 home game.
Report SontaranStratagem May 4, 2022 12:24 AM BST
Yeah the playoffs format is a bit dated

We’re likely to finish on 82 and could 10 points clear of 6th and have a much better goal difference too

Id have 5th vs 6th in a one legged tie with 5th being at home, the winner plays 4th away one leg and then the winners from that plays 3rd iver two legs for a chance at the prem

Yeah it would bin wembley off but make it fairer for the highest place team

Or just have it so the 3rd place team automatically goes to wembley and thats a reward for 3rd

Im also in favour of the brazil method, top 4 go straight up and bottom 4 in the prem go down, no playoffs every team knows what they need to do, finish top 4 or avoid the drop etc
Report SontaranStratagem May 4, 2022 12:26 AM BST
Because now we’re in a situation where finishing 3rd might mean an “harder” two leg with Boro or Sheff U finishing 6th, so us and Huddersfield trying to throw it in our last games Laugh

That wouldnt happen if 3rd automatically goes to wembley
Report SontaranStratagem May 4, 2022 12:30 AM BST
Ive been a fan of 3rd goes straight to wembley for a while its not just because we’re now 3rd

Although saying that, from a betting point its fun the way it is

Like Sheff W and Sunderland on friday, a good betting type tie that
Report CLYDEBANK29 May 4, 2022 12:45 AM BST
"Playing the 2nd leg at home is a big advantage' is one of those myths that all pundits believe in."

It is an advantage as it's home advantage in extra time. I made it roughly 1.5% in an even match with no away goal rule.  .... MARGINAL GAINS
Report CLYDEBANK29 May 4, 2022 12:49 AM BST
I made it roughly 1.5% in an even match with no away goal rule ... that's in European competition though.  HA not as significant in domestic leagues so prolly nearer 1% than 1.5%
Report SontaranStratagem May 4, 2022 1:22 AM BST
Some teams play better without the pressure of the home crowd sometimes though

Imagine having 11 Eric Bristows away from home Laugh
Report tobermory May 4, 2022 1:27 AM BST
Good point, though indeed marginal, and not enough reward for the higher league finish.
Report CLYDEBANK29 May 4, 2022 11:00 PM BST
that 1.5% added chance playing 2nd leg at home counted tonight!
Report Aspro May 7, 2022 2:25 PM BST
Talk about the road opening up for you barstool. Never in doubt today. Well done!
Report barstool May 7, 2022 3:29 PM BST
Thanks Aspro

Glad we have got Huddersfield.

The other play off is a cracker.
Report SontaranStratagem May 7, 2022 6:28 PM BST
I thought we were playing you around 90+3 bar Laugh

Ah well we have a chance to gain revenge for 2003 at least Cool
Report SontaranStratagem May 7, 2022 6:31 PM BST
We were 0-2 away from home with 30 minutes to go, heading to the millenium stadium, and then... bottled it big time
Report SontaranStratagem May 7, 2022 6:34 PM BST
Didnt even need a draw today luton, boro utterly lay down and millwall were garbage against a hangovered bournemouth

But Reading are shyte
Report barstool May 7, 2022 10:56 PM BST
Think Reading mustered one shot. Luton had five first team players back and looked much better today. If Adeybayo is fot for Friday they can beat Huddersfield at home.

All up for grabs now.
Report SontaranStratagem May 8, 2022 7:01 PM BST
Id say Reading deserve league 1 but Birmingham another that keep getting away with it

Reading though.. is there more of a vanilla club than them on earth ?

Hopefully we both get to Wembley bar, decent craic then Wink
Report SontaranStratagem May 13, 2022 6:00 PM BST
Luton v Huddersfield

Gotta side with Luton tonight, will probs be a cagey affair though 1-0/0-0/0-1 type of game
Report barstool May 13, 2022 6:47 PM BST
Hoping for a Luton win. Might just bet on a 2-1.

Good luck tomorrow SS.
Report SontaranStratagem May 13, 2022 6:56 PM BST
Cheers bar happy if we draw tomorrow and get them back to the city ground

Good luck to you here
Report 11kv May 13, 2022 7:55 PM BST
Luton v Forest would be a good final.

Would Luton be able to go up with their current ground ,I guess they would have to make alterations before the start of next season...
Report SontaranStratagem May 13, 2022 8:03 PM BST
0-1 good goal to be fair
Report SontaranStratagem May 13, 2022 8:20 PM BST
Decent game

1-1
Report SontaranStratagem May 13, 2022 9:42 PM BST
1-1 ft

Very even either side will fancy it 2nd leg

It might favour Luton neing away return leg
Report barstool May 13, 2022 9:43 PM BST
Draw a fair result.

Huddersfield will be odds on to go through now.

It can be a funny old game though and we are still in it.
Report SontaranStratagem May 13, 2022 9:52 PM BST
Yeah for sure

Two evenly matched sides though so its anybodys that one
Report barstool May 14, 2022 3:19 PM BST
1-0 Forest after 17 mins.

Don't sit back on it.
Report barstool May 14, 2022 4:40 PM BST
2-0

Now shut the door.
Report The Dragon May 14, 2022 4:46 PM BST
gto see forest going well
Report barstool May 14, 2022 4:57 PM BST
1-2 conceded in stoppage time.
Report barstool May 14, 2022 4:58 PM BST
Still a very good result.
Report The Dragon May 14, 2022 5:07 PM BST
indeed
Report Aspro May 14, 2022 5:23 PM BST
Good start SS Happy
Report SontaranStratagem May 14, 2022 5:27 PM BST
Great result CoolCool

Get the job done back home and its off to Wembley GrinGrin

Nervous a little with the late goal that gives them something to work with but we look better than them so all good
Report SontaranStratagem May 16, 2022 6:48 PM BST
Can Luton do it tonight?

I say yes
Report barstool May 16, 2022 7:02 PM BST
Hope so.Cool

Danny Hylton up front instead of Jerome suggests he will be doing a tackle anything job behind Cornick. Will not be surprised if he hasles a defender into a costly mistake.

The big lad is back on the bench for the second half by the looks of it.

If we can hold them to half time I will fancy our chances.
Report barstool May 16, 2022 8:40 PM BST
Hope we can keep that performance in the second half.

Should be winning this.
Report barstool May 16, 2022 9:41 PM BST
Played so well, yet lost.

Ah well.

Hope Forest do em at wembley.
Report SontaranStratagem May 16, 2022 9:50 PM BST
Sickening way to lose

You could probably sense that coming with Luton being on top for so long without scoring

Huddersfield are so jammy in playoffs, their record in them is ridiculous
Report barstool May 17, 2022 9:28 PM BST
Shoot out coming?
Report grayhawk May 17, 2022 10:21 PM BST
Great for neutrals....torture for fans Grin
Report SontaranStratagem May 17, 2022 10:53 PM BST
I think shootouts are netter when its not your side involved Laugh

That was actually scary LaughLaughLaughLaugh

Phew! I really think its our time after that Excited

Off to wembley!!
Report SontaranStratagem May 17, 2022 10:53 PM BST
Good luck Saturday by the way gray, hopefully you getmit done Happy
Report SontaranStratagem May 17, 2022 10:56 PM BST
What I will say though I think Samba is a bit of a lucky boy, was off his line for their first and possibly one other as well

But I suppose we’re due to be on the other side of that for a change
Report tobermory May 17, 2022 11:46 PM BST
Forest goalie was in the zone
Report SontaranStratagem May 17, 2022 11:59 PM BST
Checked the other one and yes he was

The first one his left foot isnt quite on the line Mischief

But its about time we had a goalie who did some of those antics, didnt do Dudek any harm in 2005 LaughCool
Report SontaranStratagem May 18, 2022 12:01 AM BST
Samba also made a fine save towards the end of extra time so fair play to him Happy
Report Poppydog. May 18, 2022 12:18 AM BST
https://twitter.com/i/web/status/1526687925760671750

Billy Sharp Floored By Forest Pitch Invader

(takes a bit of spotting, but it is like a sucker punch, with his body)
Report SontaranStratagem May 18, 2022 1:12 AM BST
Yeah a ratbag

Always one absolute moron that has to go over the top sadly

I personally think pitch invasions are way overly used nowadays and its time fans gave them up, plus we havent won sod all yet weve only made the final, if we win it fair enough get outside the training ground to welcome them back

But a pitch invasion for a semi final ? Eugh Plain
Report barstool May 18, 2022 7:59 AM BST
Well done last night. Missed most of it because the wife is a Liverpool fan and had to watch that.

If we learned anything about Huddersfield it is do not be over tactical, that is their game. Take it to them and with any luck at all you will beat them.

Good year to go up as I feel whoever drops from Leeds, Burnley or Everton will bounce back up and we will all be playing for one spot and four places aka Fulham this year.

Nice to see on eof the paratroopers drop out. Their ilk miss a couple more years then they are done for and have to manage like the rest of us.
Report grayhawk May 18, 2022 8:13 AM BST
Cheers SS ....and best of luck to Forest ....and especially your bet Wink
Report The Dragon May 18, 2022 9:35 AM BST
glad forest got through and hope they win the play off along with Sunderland
Report CLYDEBANK29 May 18, 2022 10:12 AM BST
Ironic that Sheff Utd and Luton were around 2.4 to 2.5 to qualify, both bets were very good value on match odds, both deserved to go through on chances created, and both lost!!
Report CLYDEBANK29 May 18, 2022 10:15 AM BST
betting is a cruel game sometimes
Report barstool May 18, 2022 10:34 AM BST
How it goes in the play offs, seen Luton unluckily beaten in three now. Your dead right about being cruel.

I think Forest deserve it more of the two from where they have come from this season. Huddersfield have done well, they are a well drilled unit but tha is it.

In an open game of football Forest would beat them 9 times out of 10.

Use the open spaces of Wembley and they are against.

If I can get odds against I will lump on.
Report Aspro May 29, 2022 10:11 AM BST
Good luck today SS
Report Aspro May 29, 2022 5:14 PM BST
1-0 Forest
Report sofaking May 29, 2022 6:24 PM BST
Welcome back Forest after 23 years away. Grin
Report ImSoLuckyLucky! May 29, 2022 6:25 PM BST
Forset fav for relegation next season
Devil
Report Aspro May 29, 2022 6:26 PM BST
Excellent stuff!

Enjoy your evening SS; I'm sure that goes without saying Cool
Report starkeycars May 29, 2022 6:29 PM BST
Feel sorry for the Huddersfield fans there team were absolutely dire no intensity at all the whole game played this match like it was a dead rubber shameful
Report sofaking May 29, 2022 6:38 PM BST
Deserved. 'uddersfield were crap.
Report starkeycars May 29, 2022 6:42 PM BST
Totally agree sofa what a pathetic performance by Huddersfield did not deserve anything from that game the manger couldn’t even be bothered to iron his shirt
Report 11kv May 29, 2022 6:56 PM BST
wd Forest Grin
Report barstool May 29, 2022 7:00 PM BST
Enjoy your celebration SS.
Report SlippyBlue May 29, 2022 7:31 PM BST
Well done Forest and congratulations S.S.
Report Emitdeb May 29, 2022 7:38 PM BST
Well done Forest and congratulations S.S.

Something a bit crooked about those two penalties... imo
Report 11kv May 29, 2022 7:56 PM BST
Jon Moss is a Forest Fan.
Report SontaranStratagem May 30, 2022 5:09 PM BST
Cheers all Love

From a nautral perspective it was the most boring match imaginable Laugh neither team filled themselves with glory but we’ll take that win all year long, a scrappy 1-0 albeit Huddersfield should have had a penalty (the first is debatable but the 2nd is a stone wall Mischief), I get the feeling we as a club will need to get use to those going against us next season as though so swings and round abouts sadly

Also need to strenghten if we’re to stay up as well, possibly 4 even 5 players needed at least so the recruitment needs to be spot on. Right now we’re bottom 3 and possibly similar points total to Norwich.

But we finally get a crack at the premier league again, a part of me will miss the championship though even though it might only be a season
Report SontaranStratagem May 30, 2022 5:12 PM BST
Gotta say our support was ok but not as great as we thought it was gonna be

Sunderlands looked more impressive from their social media

We sounded good in the stadium though
Report SlippyBlue May 30, 2022 5:21 PM BST
Looking forward to Forest @ Selhurst Park S.S.

I just checked the head to heads and out of
31 games against Forest, Palace have only won 7 times!

Sad

Time to redress that balance a wee bit methinks.
Report SontaranStratagem May 30, 2022 6:33 PM BST
Youve been up a good while now proper established prem club nowadays slippy

It feels weird seeing the Forest badge on the premier league badge board CrazyLaugh
Report SontaranStratagem May 30, 2022 6:36 PM BST
Cooper has a bit of the Rodgers vibe about him, talks a lot about family etc
Report Aspro May 30, 2022 6:45 PM BST
This thread commenced almost 2 months ago; it's good to see a happy ending. Really pleased for you SS, but still hope we crush you... in both games Devil

Welcome back!
Report SontaranStratagem May 30, 2022 7:17 PM BST
It was the 3rd attempt at hoping to see them promoted with a thread like this Laugh the last one we lost 1-4 on the final day to Stoke umder Lamouchi.. went dowm in flames

Cheers slippy and ill happily see you given 6 if it means finishing about where Brentford finished Wink
Post Your Reply
<CTRL+Enter> to submit
Please login to post a reply.

Wonder

Instance ID: 13539
www.betfair.com